Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Apollo.
Today 03:48 AM
[LF] kestrelpaw art
by Rose
Last post by Myling
Today 03:23 AM
Beachpaw's Training
Last post by Fawn
Today 02:53 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:31 AM
well that didn't go as...
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 02:21 AM

Old November 12th, 2017, 12:38 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw was hurt by Daypaw's actions. Of course, she was aware that the ShadowClan cat was extremely close to Juniperpaw's mentor, even considering Geckoleaf to be their mother. However, Juniperpaw was hurting just as much, having lost her biological mother at the Gathering as well. She was taking the responsibilities of an entire Clan onto her seven-moon old shoulders, all the while fighting the resentment of her clanmates, fighting the resentment of her Clan leader even!

She glared after Daypaw, the fur on her shoulders bristling. She glanced at Shinefang, gaze softening as she looked up at the older tomcat. ``Daypaw looked at my mentor, Geckoleaf, like she was their mother. They were really close.`` Juniperpaw shook her pelt out to warm herself up, flashing Shinefang a friendly smile. ``Let's get going, shall we?`` And then she followed after Daypaw, forcing herself to calm down. After all, Daypaw was suffering as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang likely wouldn't be aware of Daypaw's bond with Geckoleaf.

@AbsurdJinx

Daypaw pushed past Shinefang into the Starcave, practically resonating that attitude he remembered from the gathering. This seemed worse than that though... He leaned in to whisper to Juniperpaw. "What's their problem? Did someone bring them a vole when they asked for a mouse?" Perhaps Daypaw was still upset about the herbs in Shadowclan?
daypaw wasnt focused on what they were saying, instead focused on their reflection in the small puddles. they stared at their self. if geckoleaf were here, shed be wishing them nothing but the best. shed be calming them of their nervousness with the most reassuring attitude. they didnt even have a chance to say goodbye. questions whirled through their head. why would she leave? why would they leave them alone? she had promised that shed be the one to give them their full name. this ceremony felt bitter sweet. they were surrounded by cats who cared about them though, it wasnt like they had nothing. but she..she was their other half. they laid down, closing their eyes preparing to be washed away into the realms of starclan.
Old November 12th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw was hurt by Daypaw's actions. Of course, she was aware that the ShadowClan cat was extremely close to Juniperpaw's mentor, even considering Geckoleaf to be their mother. However, Juniperpaw was hurting just as much, having lost her biological mother at the Gathering as well. She was taking the responsibilities of an entire Clan onto her seven-moon old shoulders, all the while fighting the resentment of her clanmates, fighting the resentment of her Clan leader even!

She glared after Daypaw, the fur on her shoulders bristling. She glanced at Shinefang, gaze softening as she looked up at the older tomcat. ``Daypaw looked at my mentor, Geckoleaf, like she was their mother. They were really close.`` Juniperpaw shook her pelt out to warm herself up, flashing Shinefang a friendly smile. ``Let's get going, shall we?`` And then she followed after Daypaw, forcing herself to calm down. After all, Daypaw was suffering as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
daypaw wasnt focused on what they were saying, instead focused on their reflection in the small puddles. they stared at their self. if geckoleaf were here, shed be wishing them nothing but the best. shed be calming them of their nervousness with the most reassuring attitude. they didnt even have a chance to say goodbye. questions whirled through their head. why would she leave? why would they leave them alone? she had promised that shed be the one to give them their full name. this ceremony felt bitter sweet. they were surrounded by cats who cared about them though, it wasnt like they had nothing. but she..she was their other half. they laid down, closing their eyes preparing to be washed away into the realms of starclan.

As the little shecat brushed past Shinefang to enter the cave, he lingered for a moment. Shinefang was all to familiar with loss. He'd had more than his fair share. He knew that the claws of grief could cut a cat much deeper than physical claws. With a huff, he stood up and followed the two cats into the cave. Daypaw was staring at the glimmering water in the cave, no doubt having some deep, poetic thoughts about how unfair life was or whatever. With a grunt, he heaved himself closer to the water's edge where the Shadowclan medicine cat was knelt and near the water. The old tom brought his tail tip down between them and the water's edge. "Before we get started with this holy and very important ritual, how about we have a little story time?" he said, clearly not actually asking as he kept right on speaking. But he wasn't looking at Daypaw, or Juniperpaw. His gaze was set on the glimmering water. "It's the story of how Shiny went and lost his eye," he said casually, pointing to the empty socket on the right side of his face with his paw. "I was a little older than Junebug here when my mother came down with greencough in the dead of winter. It was during a minor outbreak, but enough cats got it that there wasn't enough catmint to go around. She refused to have any until she had seen that other cats were getting it first. Skyclan first. That's just how she was. Me? I was an apprentice and I only cared about not losing my mother. I begged her to take it, I begged the medicine cat to find more but there just wasn't anymore. 'She's going home to Starclan,' that's what the medicine cat said. But that wasn't good enough for me. I left camp alone in the middle of a blizzard looking for more catmint. I knew from listening to the medicine cat talk about it that sometimes it grew in twoleg gardens and somehow I managed to get down there and start looking. I must have searched a dozen gardens. I didn't find a single plant, much less a live one. Then I found a garden with a giant piece of flattened tree leaning against the fence, and there it was, shielded from the snow and ice, withered but with just a few precious leaves. As I was picking them, a much bigger kittypet surprised me. He backed me into a corner and shredded my face up good before I was able to get away. Well, most of me anyway." The old tom smiled a grim smile, a sad smile. "Someone must have noticed I was missing, because a patrol dragged me back to camp after they found me passed out on the border. They saw the catmint I was carrying in my mouth and picked it up too, but she was dead by the time I woke up." Shinefang let the silence linger for a moment, the tide of grief within him swelling just a little. He knew it would go away after a while. It always did. "Starclan has taken a lot of cats from me. Both my parents, my brothers and sisters, even...even my mate and our kits. And I'm not telling you this to say 'oh my pain and suffering is so much worse' or any of that foxdung. I wanna tell you want I learned from it all. Starclan takes and takes from us. It's just what the foxhearts do. I don't know how you too feel about Starclan, and if you think differently from me, that's fine. You're entitled to that. But what they've taken from you two have made you have to grow up fast than kits should. Be great in spite of all their taking. Sharpen your claws on fate and tear out misfortune's throat!" The tom stomped the ground in front of him, claws scraping against the rock floor as he sharply inhaled through his nose. "Be great in spite of the pain and don't let the foxhearts win... Do you understand me?" He looked right at the two medicine cats now. Had he said too much? Probably. But he wanted them to know how to go on, how to take that pain and turn it into strength and greatness. He knew they could. After all, he had.

Old November 12th, 2017, 05:10 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@Charmer @woly

Juniperpaw crouched on the other side of the ShadowClan medicine cat, briefly casting a glance at Daypaw before sharply looking to the calm waters just below her. A firm frown was stretched across her muzzle, and her scowl was shot back at her due to her reflection in the puddle. She folded her ears back in distaste, looking away from the water and focusing on Shinefang. Her tail-tip twitched nervously on the rocky ground, and she shuffled her paws uneasily. She felt like she knew where this story was going...

Ah! There it is; the inspirational speech. Juniperpaw smiled a painful smile, gazing at Shinefang in appreciation. And then she quickly transformed her weak smile into a teasing grin as she meowed, ``I mean.. If you could do it, Shinefang, I certainly can!``
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:57 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
@Charmer @woly

Juniperpaw crouched on the other side of the ShadowClan medicine cat, briefly casting a glance at Daypaw before sharply looking to the calm waters just below her. A firm frown was stretched across her muzzle, and her scowl was shot back at her due to her reflection in the puddle. She folded her ears back in distaste, looking away from the water and focusing on Shinefang. Her tail-tip twitched nervously on the rocky ground, and she shuffled her paws uneasily. She felt like she knew where this story was going...

Ah! There it is; the inspirational speech. Juniperpaw smiled a painful smile, gazing at Shinefang in appreciation. And then she quickly transformed her weak smile into a teasing grin as she meowed, ``I mean.. If you could do it, Shinefang, I certainly can!``
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
As the little shecat brushed past Shinefang to enter the cave, he lingered for a moment. Shinefang was all to familiar with loss. He'd had more than his fair share. He knew that the claws of grief could cut a cat much deeper than physical claws. With a huff, he stood up and followed the two cats into the cave. Daypaw was staring at the glimmering water in the cave, no doubt having some deep, poetic thoughts about how unfair life was or whatever. With a grunt, he heaved himself closer to the water's edge where the Shadowclan medicine cat was knelt and near the water. The old tom brought his tail tip down between them and the water's edge. "Before we get started with this holy and very important ritual, how about we have a little story time?" he said, clearly not actually asking as he kept right on speaking. But he wasn't looking at Daypaw, or Juniperpaw. His gaze was set on the glimmering water. "It's the story of how Shiny went and lost his eye," he said casually, pointing to the empty socket on the right side of his face with his paw. "I was a little older than Junebug here when my mother came down with greencough in the dead of winter. It was during a minor outbreak, but enough cats got it that there wasn't enough catmint to go around. She refused to have any until she had seen that other cats were getting it first. Skyclan first. That's just how she was. Me? I was an apprentice and I only cared about not losing my mother. I begged her to take it, I begged the medicine cat to find more but there just wasn't anymore. 'She's going home to Starclan,' that's what the medicine cat said. But that wasn't good enough for me. I left camp alone in the middle of a blizzard looking for more catmint. I knew from listening to the medicine cat talk about it that sometimes it grew in twoleg gardens and somehow I managed to get down there and start looking. I must have searched a dozen gardens. I didn't find a single plant, much less a live one. Then I found a garden with a giant piece of flattened tree leaning against the fence, and there it was, shielded from the snow and ice, withered but with just a few precious leaves. As I was picking them, a much bigger kittypet surprised me. He backed me into a corner and shredded my face up good before I was able to get away. Well, most of me anyway." The old tom smiled a grim smile, a sad smile. "Someone must have noticed I was missing, because a patrol dragged me back to camp after they found me passed out on the border. They saw the catmint I was carrying in my mouth and picked it up too, but she was dead by the time I woke up." Shinefang let the silence linger for a moment, the tide of grief within him swelling just a little. He knew it would go away after a while. It always did. "Starclan has taken a lot of cats from me. Both my parents, my brothers and sisters, even...even my mate and our kits. And I'm not telling you this to say 'oh my pain and suffering is so much worse' or any of that foxdung. I wanna tell you want I learned from it all. Starclan takes and takes from us. It's just what the foxhearts do. I don't know how you too feel about Starclan, and if you think differently from me, that's fine. You're entitled to that. But what they've taken from you two have made you have to grow up fast than kits should. Be great in spite of all their taking. Sharpen your claws on fate and tear out misfortune's throat!" The tom stomped the ground in front of him, claws scraping against the rock floor as he sharply inhaled through his nose. "Be great in spite of the pain and don't let the foxhearts win... Do you understand me?" He looked right at the two medicine cats now. Had he said too much? Probably. But he wanted them to know how to go on, how to take that pain and turn it into strength and greatness. He knew they could. After all, he had.
daypaw stared at the water with broken amber hues as the tom spoke. they couldnt help but relate to the tom, having loss after loss. maybe they shouldn't have pushed him aside so quickly. ¨i understand clearly,¨ the spoke for the first time that night,¨im about to accept the one thing i never thought i wanted. to be a medicine cat. i was only a moon away from being a warrior when that was stripped away from me forcefully, just because some starry cat said so.¨ their tone was bitter, eyes going into slits as they stared at their reflection. they could've had it all: the normal life, doing normal things. it wasnt like it was all bad, they had grown close with juniperpaw and geckoleaf through this rank. they had made some family. ¨i have faced starclan countless times in the brink of death yet i am given breath when there are others so much more worthy,¨ at this, they were mentioning cricketpaw. they had not forgotten about the young shecat that had saved their life during the flood, and had given them something that they couldnt think of having: love. she loved them, and they loved her. they were a due, the bestest of friends. basically tied at the hip. and starclan had taken her away. ¨they refuse to guide loved ones home, they play a merciless game of god.¨ they snarled lowly. geckoleaf had been the last straw. after cricketpaw, they didnt think that they would be able to open up to anyone. but when on the riverclan floor dying--geckoleaf had saved them. she have freed their lungs of water and cradled them while they cried, and had watched them fall apart; their grumpy exterior gone. she was gone too. ¨whats the damn point of being a medicine cat if i cant even saved my loved ones!¨ reaching forward, they clawed at their reflection in the water, their paw growing cold from the water and giving off a soft splash. pulling their paw back close to their chest, they sighed.
¨i just want this to be over with.¨
Old November 12th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Quote:
@Charmer @woly

Quote:
daypaw stared at the water with broken amber hues as the tom spoke. they couldnt help but relate to the tom, having loss after loss. maybe they shouldn't have pushed him aside so quickly. ¨i understand clearly,¨ the spoke for the first time that night,¨im about to accept the one thing i never thought i wanted. to be a medicine cat. i was only a moon away from being a warrior when that was stripped away from me forcefully, just because some starry cat said so.¨ their tone was bitter, eyes going into slits as they stared at their reflection. they could've had it all: the normal life, doing normal things. it wasnt like it was all bad, they had grown close with juniperpaw and geckoleaf through this rank. they had made some family. ¨i have faced starclan countless times in the brink of death yet i am given breath when there are others so much more worthy,¨ at this, they were mentioning cricketpaw. they had not forgotten about the young shecat that had saved their life during the flood, and had given them something that they couldnt think of having: love. she loved them, and they loved her. they were a due, the bestest of friends. basically tied at the hip. and starclan had taken her away. ¨they refuse to guide loved ones home, they play a merciless game of god.¨ they snarled lowly. geckoleaf had been the last straw. after cricketpaw, they didnt think that they would be able to open up to anyone. but when on the riverclan floor dying--geckoleaf had saved them. she have freed their lungs of water and cradled them while they cried, and had watched them fall apart; their grumpy exterior gone. she was gone too. ¨whats the damn point of being a medicine cat if i cant even saved my loved ones!¨ reaching forward, they clawed at their reflection in the water, their paw growing cold from the water and giving off a soft splash. pulling their paw back close to their chest, they sighed.
¨i just want this to be over with.¨
(Hmmmmm corruptive influence perhaps?)

Shinefang flicked an ear at Juniperpaw. "You don't sound very sincere, Junebug. That's fine. At your age, I wouldn't have listened to an old fool like me either. It's in the nature of us older cats to save the younger generation time." He lifted a paw to lightly cuff the younger cat. "You'll see that it's true. You can be great, and you will."

To Shinefang's surprise, Daypaw spoke for the first time that night. To his even greater surprise, the younger cat seemed to like Starclan about as much as he did. The old tom had always been grateful for his life as a warrior. He had loved it, and it had been a good life for him. He was here now to officially become a medicine cat because it was what his clan needed. Shinefang would happily die for his clan. When he stopped being able to keep up with patrols and he was looking at spending the rest of his days in the elder's den, he took this position because he wasn't down serving Skyclan. Now he'd serve them until the day he died. But there was another reason too. One that he'd shared with his mate when he visited Starclan the night she came to him in his dream. He leaned in to whisper in Daypaw's ear, so that they'd know the reason too: the reason he got up every morning happy to be a medicine cat: "Every cat you do save is a cat the foxhearts can't have."

He pulled back then, a conspiratory grin on his face. Most cats didn't understand his views on Starclan. They though he was too bitter, too unforgiving. He wasn't. They had stolen his mate from him. His kits. They had robbed him of the simple wish to live a happy life with his family. How could anyone expect him to forgive that. "Shall we get going then? Sorry for the delay. You know us geezers. We've gotta talk younger cat's ears off."

Old November 13th, 2017, 04:36 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw's never experienced warrior training, and since she was old enough to even care about her future, she knew she would never be able to do what all her other clanmates did. However, it didn't seem to bother her that much, seeing how she didn't understand how amazing it could be to be a warrior. Juniperpaw didn't feel like she had given anything up. She would never relate to Daypaw and Shinefang in that way, but that was completely okay.

As for her opinion on StarClan, Juniperpaw had already figured things out. Juniperpaw didn't think StarClan had control of every cats' life, and that they only homed deceased Clan cats. And when they shared prophecies and omens, that was simply them warning the Clans of the possible future. Juniperpaw preferred to be in control of her own life, which is why she believed what she did. She was fine with Daypaw and Shinefang's opinions on StarClan, especially after their separate experiences with the warrior ancestors which they interpreted in different ways.

She didn't respond to Daypaw, otherwise she'd probably start an argument with the grieving yet moody ShadowClan medicine cat. Juniperpaw let Shinefang answer them instead. ``Hey, don't we have some holy rituals to get to?``
Old November 13th, 2017, 07:41 PM
whats up danger?

@Empress Of Evil
[ @Charmer & @AbsurdJinx to stalk ? ;w; and if youd like, you can put junips and shines responses/povs in this rp too but you dont have to! mainly just focused on daypaws ceremony so theres no a whole lots to reply off of]

daypaw listened to shinefang, but his voice had soon grown into a foggy haze as they let their eyes come to a close. it was only when they closed their eyes that they realized how tired they were. their bags heavy with sleepiness, they let their body shut down into a state of unconsciousness. they usualy didnt sleepvery well from their night terrors, but they were sure starclan would be taking over their dreams tonight (in daypaws mind, the worst nightmare).

opening their eyes they were met with grass that was too soft and perfect and starry skies. starclan. looking around them the scene almost seemed perfect. the plush grass underneath them that tickled between their toes, not painted with the puddles that shadowclan had to deal with all over their territory. the skies nice and clear, only a small chill in the air. amber hues looked around for the cat that was suppose to be giving them their ceremony. they didnt know how this worked, but they knew they just wanted this over with.

Last edited by graves; November 13th, 2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old November 13th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw's never experienced warrior training, and since she was old enough to even care about her future, she knew she would never be able to do what all her other clanmates did. However, it didn't seem to bother her that much, seeing how she didn't understand how amazing it could be to be a warrior. Juniperpaw didn't feel like she had given anything up. She would never relate to Daypaw and Shinefang in that way, but that was completely okay.

As for her opinion on StarClan, Juniperpaw had already figured things out. Juniperpaw didn't think StarClan had control of every cats' life, and that they only homed deceased Clan cats. And when they shared prophecies and omens, that was simply them warning the Clans of the possible future. Juniperpaw preferred to be in control of her own life, which is why she believed what she did. She was fine with Daypaw and Shinefang's opinions on StarClan, especially after their separate experiences with the warrior ancestors which they interpreted in different ways.

She didn't respond to Daypaw, otherwise she'd probably start an argument with the grieving yet moody ShadowClan medicine cat. Juniperpaw let Shinefang answer them instead. ``Hey, don't we have some holy rituals to get to?``
@woly
(Alrighty) @Duststorm

Shinefang gave Juniperpaw a shallow nod, and glanced at Daypaw, crouched beside the pool and sound asleep. Grunting as he bent his joint to lie down as well and follow their lead, he lapped at the glimmering water once, rested his head on his aching paws, and drifted off.

When he opened his eyes, he sighed as her glanced over the lush meadow. He remembered this from his dream. The one right before he woke up to see that Oakpaw had died in his sleep. This time he didn't bother unsheathing his claws. He just glanced around looking for a sign of the last cat who'd want to see him now...

Last edited by Charmer; November 13th, 2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old November 15th, 2017, 04:22 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
@Empress Of Evil
[ @Charmer & @AbsurdJinx to stalk ? ;w; and if youd like, you can put junips and shines responses/povs in this rp too but you dont have to! mainly just focused on daypaws ceremony so theres no a whole lots to reply off of]

daypaw listened to shinefang, but his voice had soon grown into a foggy haze as they let their eyes come to a close. it was only when they closed their eyes that they realized how tired they were. their bags heavy with sleepiness, they let their body shut down into a state of unconsciousness. they usualy didnt sleepvery well from their night terrors, but they were sure starclan would be taking over their dreams tonight (in daypaws mind, the worst nightmare).

opening their eyes they were met with grass that was too soft and perfect and starry skies. starclan. looking around them the scene almost seemed perfect. the plush grass underneath them that tickled between their toes, not painted with the puddles that shadowclan had to deal with all over their territory. the skies nice and clear, only a small chill in the air. amber hues looked around for the cat that was suppose to be giving them their ceremony. they didnt know how this worked, but they knew they just wanted this over with.
An ebony she-cat watched silently from afar. She sat beneath a thick cluster of oak trees, her inky pelt making her blend in with the shade and hiding her from sight. The young cat watched as the other young cat appeared and took in their surroundings. Crimsontiger closed her eyes and took in a few deep breaths as she prepared herself for what was to happen next. She’d never done what she was going to do before. This was all new to her and very honestly, she was quite nervous for it. She’d only ever given lives to leaders. Never before had she given a medicine cat their full name. Typically, the medicine cat was supposed to give their apprentice their full name, however Daypaw didn’t have a mentor. They were technically the medicine cat, not a medicine cat apprentice, despite their name. Opening her eyes, she let out another breath and rose gracefully to her paws. She straightened her posture and put a calm expression on her face. Even if she didn’t feel extremely confident, it was probably best to act like she was. She padded out from the shadows and headed towards Daypaw.

“Greetings Daypaw,” Crimsontiger said warmly. She dipped her head as a sign of respect and gave the tom a warm smile. If she were still alive, she would definitely not be this good at being respectful. “I’m Crimsontiger. I have watched you train to become the medicine cat that you are now. You have worked long and hard and you have been treating ShadowClan as well as any medicine cat should be. For this, you have proved your worth as ShadowClan’s medicine cat and you deserve your full name,” Crimsontiger said. Her dark blue eyes glinted with pride as she spoke about how they had proved their worth. The she-cat had once been a ShadowClan warrior and she was glad that her clanmates had a cat that was reliable and approachable if they needed help, whether it be advice or injuries. The she-cat gazed curiously at the apprentice. She was sure that they would be ecstatic to receive their full name. She then continued on, speaking the traditional words for a medicine cat ceremony. “I, Crimsontiger, a warrior of StarClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help they will serve their clan for many moons.” It felt weird to say ‘warrior of StarClan’. It was supposed to be medicine cat instead, but she wasn’t and hadn’t been a medicine cat, so she had no right nor reason to say that. “Daypaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?”

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old November 16th, 2017, 01:06 AM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

An ebony she-cat watched silently from afar. She sat beneath a thick cluster of oak trees, her inky pelt making her blend in with the shade and hiding her from sight. The young cat watched as the other young cat appeared and took in their surroundings. Crimsontiger closed her eyes and took in a few deep breaths as she prepared herself for what was to happen next. She’d never done what she was going to do before. This was all new to her and very honestly, she was quite nervous for it. She’d only ever given lives to leaders. Never before had she given a medicine cat their full name. Typically, the medicine cat was supposed to give their apprentice their full name, however Daypaw didn’t have a mentor. They were technically the medicine cat, not a medicine cat apprentice, despite their name. Opening her eyes, she let out another breath and rose gracefully to her paws. She straightened her posture and put a calm expression on her face. Even if she didn’t feel extremely confident, it was probably best to act like she was. She padded out from the shadows and headed towards Daypaw.

“Greetings Daypaw,” Crimsontiger said warmly. She dipped her head as a sign of respect and gave the tom a warm smile. If she were still alive, she would definitely not be this good at being respectful. “I’m Crimsontiger. I have watched you train to become the medicine cat that you are now. You have worked long and hard and you have been treating ShadowClan as well as any medicine cat should be. For this, you have proved your worth as ShadowClan’s medicine cat and you deserve your full name,” Crimsontiger said. Her dark blue eyes glinted with pride as she spoke about how they had proved their worth. The she-cat had once been a ShadowClan warrior and she was glad that her clanmates had a cat that was reliable and approachable if they needed help, whether it be advice or injuries. The she-cat gazed curiously at the apprentice. She was sure that they would be ecstatic to receive their full name. She then continued on, speaking the traditional words for a medicine cat ceremony. “I, Crimsontiger, a warrior of StarClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help they will serve their clan for many moons.” It felt weird to say ‘warrior of StarClan’. It was supposed to be medicine cat instead, but she wasn’t and hadn’t been a medicine cat, so she had no right nor reason to say that. “Daypaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?”
daypaw looked around, eyes focusing on the cat who stepped forward. they didnt know what they were expecting, they had never had a proper ceremony before. they had never visited starclan deliberately, and for good reason. at the sight of a starclan cat they couldnt help but let their fur bristle, amber hues focusing on every little movement the shecat made. they knew when taking on the role as a medicine cat they would be involved with starclan greatly, but that didnt mean they had to accept it. they wanted to do thing their own way, starclan involvement or not.

¨what if i dont accept my name. what if im not ready.¨ they mewed coolly. everything up to this point had made them constantly question their role. with geckoleafs disappearance, with the violence happening between their clans,with the lack of herbs and their clan mates dying around them because of said problems. it hurt, it all did. it was stressful. and the fact that gecko wasn't the one giving them their ceremony stung beyond comprehension. the role had taken both a tole on them emotionally but physically. but when it came down to it, they had put their patients first. no matter what came to be, their work had always driven them. it was a lot to take in, to officially leave the possible life of a warrior behind for good. they knew in their heart that this was what they were meant to do, but they couldnt help but think of small things like what kind of warrior they wouldve been, if they would've been a good mentor to someone,if they could've been leader one day.

they knew this was what they were meant to do, but it helped to have some reassurance--anything.