Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Windflowerpaw Finder
by nyx
Last post by Starphobia
Today 08:49 AM
How's your pfp?
Last post by the kitty
Today 08:40 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by the kitty
Today 08:30 AM
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by Epiales
Today 08:25 AM
Character interaction and...
Last post by nyx
Today 08:19 AM

Old November 13th, 2017, 07:21 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Default simply a mere coincidence

From childhood's hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone.

~'Alone' Edgar Allan Poe

Paws the colour of freshly fallen snowflakes gently padded upon the dying grasses at a steady pace that was neither in a hurry nor sluggish. The young calico's eyes searched the dying landscape that surrounded her, the scene so intensely coloured with shades of amber and vermillion. A crisp Leaf-fall breeze ruffled the multicolored cat's coat as her nose was raised in hope of catching any scents. Maple continued on her way, stopping occasionally at various sounds, only to find that the sources were simply the tossing of loose leaves that had fallen from their homes. With eyes the colour of a warm flame, Maple glanced down at her paws only to spot a familiarly shaped leaf; quite ironically her namesake. The molly lowered her head to get a better look at the dead thing, it's colour similar to that of the corrosive rust that formed on abandoned twoleg monsters. The thing smelled somewhat burnt, and Maple turned up her nose in disgust, stepping on the leaf as she continued on her way to nowhere in particular. The she-cat's cranium lifted upward as she watched the barren, lifeless trees pass by.
A gust of wind ruffled her pelt once more, this time sending a shiver down her spine; though it only lasted a mere second or two, and the air became still- just like the lifeless form of the maple leaf. The greying sky signaled the coming of leaf-bare, as did the rapidly dropping temperatures. Maple figured she had much less than a moon left to find a temporary shelter before the freezing blizzards would come; killing anything in it's stormy path. And one thing was for sure; Maple would not be around when that happened. Though one thing stuck her as odd; the lack of prey. She knew the prey would go into hiding when the cold moons drew close, but there was so little prey. The calico had certainly lost a few pounds since the Dusk Syndicate had dispatched, her spine and ribs could be seen through her thin pelt. Though she wasn't worried about her well-being in the slightest; she was far more worried about being jumped by a rogue than anything. That explained why the cat was on high alert- ears perked and nose up, hoping to catch the scent of a threat before the threat caught her scent. Thankfully the wind wasn't too strong, so she didn't have to worry too much about being downwind from an enemy. Nevertheless, Maple's eyes remained focused and her attention never wavered.
@Duskflight
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da

Last edited by meraki; November 14th, 2017 at 06:21 AM.
Old November 14th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: simply a mere coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki View Post
From childhood's hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone.

~'Alone' Edgar Allan Poe

Paws the colour of freshly fallen snowflakes gently padded upon the dying grasses at a steady pace that was neither in a hurry nor sluggish. The young calico's eyes searched the dying landscape that surrounded her, the scene so intensely coloured with shades of amber and vermillion. A crisp Leaf-fall breeze ruffled the multicolored cat's coat as her nose was raised in hope of catching any scents. Maple continued on her way, stopping occasionally at various sounds, only to find that the sources were simply the tossing of loose leaves that had fallen from their homes. With eyes the colour of a warm flame, Maple glanced down at her paws only to spot a familiarly shaped leaf; quite ironically her namesake. The molly lowered her head to get a better look at the dead thing, it's colour similar to that of the corrosive rust that formed on abandoned twoleg monsters. The thing smelled somewhat burnt, and Maple turned up her nose in disgust, stepping on the leaf as she continued on her way to nowhere in particular. The she-cat's cranium lifted upward as she watched the barren, lifeless trees pass by.
A gust of wind ruffled her pelt once more, this time sending a shiver down her spine; though it only lasted a mere second or two, and the air became still- just like the lifeless form of the maple leaf. The greying sky signaled the coming of leaf-bare, as did the rapidly dropping temperatures. Maple figured she had much less than a moon left to find a temporary shelter before the freezing blizzards would come; killing anything in it's stormy path. And one thing was for sure; Maple would not be around when that happened. Though one thing stuck her as odd; the lack of prey. She knew the prey would go into hiding when the cold moons drew close, but there was so little prey. The calico had certainly lost a few pounds since the Dusk Syndicate had dispatched, her spine and ribs could be seen through her thin pelt. Though she wasn't worried about her well-being in the slightest; she was far more worried about being jumped by a rogue than anything. That explained why the cat was on high alert- ears perked and nose up, hoping to catch the scent of a threat before the threat caught her scent. Thankfully the wind wasn't too strong, so she didn't have to worry too much about being downwind from an enemy. Nevertheless, Maple's eyes remained focused and her attention never wavered.
@Duskflight
Now is he total gules, horridly tricked With blood of fathers, mothers, daughters, sons Baked and impasted with the parching streets ...
~Hamlet William Shakespeare Act 2, Scene 2, Lines 388-390

The battle had been a nice end with his ties to the Syndicate; the idea that they would ever stand a chance against all five clans at once was completely brainless. He came along, not because he was loyal to Halite or the Syndicate, but to sate a small urge that had curdled somewhere within him. Most of the time, it was not there, most of the time he killed only when there was reason and it was well planned out, but this had been a time in which it was too tempting not to partake in. So he had gotten his fair share of blood, of death, of the tantalizing fear that seeped from those he had fought. Such a wonderful emotion that he would never be able to replicate quite as good as the others, it was one that seemed to be unique to each cat and it was nearly impossible for him to mimic it. The one emotion that managed to elude him and his mimicry. Perhaps that's why he liked seeing it so much, but 'liked' is a loose word. It didn't bring him happiness or even really satisfaction, but it held his interest more than other things and it was an emotion that he would never cease to be entertained with.
But he hadn't escaped the battle completely unscathed, there were a few small scratches that lined his otherwise perfectly kept dark-grey fur, the blood licked away and the wounds otherwise clean. That's why he didn't overly enjoy large-scale battles, he much preferred one on one fights with no outside interference or noise. With so many other fighting cats around you, it was nearly impossible to come out without injury. But he believed he fared well enough under the circumstances.

What now though? What was Hannibal going to do, now that the Syndicate was truly no more? Well he had already planned on leaving anyways, he had grown tired of how the Syndicate had become, of their brainless attacking and blind struggle for power. So now he was simply partaking in what he planned on doing all along, and that was paying a visit to each of the clans. He would circle them like a shark, plucking at the edges of a large school of fish. There was no Commander, no leader to tell him what he needed to do. He was free to do his own bidding. Not that he cared when he was under the leadership of another cat anyways. Hannibal was his own and no matter how much control you believe you had over him, he was always as slippery as a shadow. If he wanted to do something, he would do it, regardless of what another cat did.
His dark paws carried him forward across the barren land, fiery eyes focused ahead, towards his destination; Riverclan. He would be paying them a visit first. There was no particular reason in him selecting that clan first, it was the luck of a draw really. Perhaps he'd even step into their territory and have his own look around, have a good chat with one of their patrols. Or maybe he'd just pick at them from the border. He hadn't decided yet.
Swiveling his ears, he payed attention to the sounds around him, though it was relatively quiet, his nose constantly drawing in the scents around him though the air was still. He didn't expect to cross anyone on his journey to the clan, but mere coincidences were always a possibility.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 25th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: simply a mere coincidence

@meraki

Are we still doing this or nah? ;0

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?