April Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Poprock
Today 04:02 PM

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:55 AM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

Default Marmalade and Fry's Dwelling [please ask before joining]

[alrighty Bright, I didn't know if there was something specific you wanted the house to look like or if you care so idk XD @Bright]

Friedrik was curled up, snoozing lazily in his plush bed. On occasion, his paws would twitch and flick and his ears would swivel. He was dreaming no doubt.

He ran faster and faster, the squirrels tail always one step ahead of him. He could never reach it and the faster he ran the faster the squirrel ran. He pumped his legs, his full length tail streaming out behind him. He had never caught the squirrel before and ws more determined to get it now than ever. But just as he jumped to try and latch onto it, he felt a drip. He pushed on, determined. But then he got wet again, and again, and again. He slowed to a stop and looked around, drops of water were falling every where, but it didn't sound like normal rain. It sounded like something solid hitting plastic....

Friedrik awoke with a start, glancing about, but not shifting in any way. He had been so close, and he had woken up again. The sound of the rain he had figured out, it was the owner putting out more food. He in curled himself from his sleeping place, and stepped out onto the floor, the hardwood surface cool beneath his paw. He worked his way through the hall towards the bathroom where the food was hid. He bent down, and scarfed some down, the kibble drying his mouth out today. He then stepped over and slurped down some water and as he was finished he looked around, no sign of his counterpart, Marmalade. So Friedrik, getting an idea, leapt onto the counter and crouched down out of view, waiting for the sign of his friend.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old July 27th, 2017, 12:30 AM
taker of art requests

My Mood: Dead

Default Re: Marmalade and Fry's Dwelling [please ask before joining]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
[alrighty Bright, I didn't know if there was something specific you wanted the house to look like or if you care so idk XD @Bright]

Friedrik was curled up, snoozing lazily in his plush bed. On occasion, his paws would twitch and flick and his ears would swivel. He was dreaming no doubt.

He ran faster and faster, the squirrels tail always one step ahead of him. He could never reach it and the faster he ran the faster the squirrel ran. He pumped his legs, his full length tail streaming out behind him. He had never caught the squirrel before and ws more determined to get it now than ever. But just as he jumped to try and latch onto it, he felt a drip. He pushed on, determined. But then he got wet again, and again, and again. He slowed to a stop and looked around, drops of water were falling every where, but it didn't sound like normal rain. It sounded like something solid hitting plastic....

Friedrik awoke with a start, glancing about, but not shifting in any way. He had been so close, and he had woken up again. The sound of the rain he had figured out, it was the owner putting out more food. He in curled himself from his sleeping place, and stepped out onto the floor, the hardwood surface cool beneath his paw. He worked his way through the hall towards the bathroom where the food was hid. He bent down, and scarfed some down, the kibble drying his mouth out today. He then stepped over and slurped down some water and as he was finished he looked around, no sign of his counterpart, Marmalade. So Friedrik, getting an idea, leapt onto the counter and crouched down out of view, waiting for the sign of his friend.

[haha it really doesnt matter so much to me x>]
Marmalade had been laying on a shelf next to the window. The housefolk had put it onto the wall with some ‘tool thingy’. Actually, he put on multiple to where they were like steps, but futher apart so you could jump. He wasn’t on the highest one, but he was on his favorite one. The one right next to the window that showed the lovely, well-kept garden full of a variety of plants and flowers. The sun was angled perfectly to shine against his bright ginger fur, eyes closed to enjoy the warmth while in his cool, air-conditioned home. You could say he was sunbathing, except he wasn’t a human trying to tan their skin. He could fall asleep here. He almost did, but to keep himself up, he decided to groom his already soft, clean fur to make it better if he could. He went over every part of his body with his rough, barbed tongue. He did this sometimes, but knew not to do it too much or he’ll be coughing up some mad hairballs. Even if he kept that in mind, it had happened a few times.

The tom perked to the sound of solid cat kibble hitting the silver containers, his owner was pouring food into their bowls. He stood up an stretched, rump in the air, and yawned. Once he finished, he made his way down the shelves, step by step, rather loudly for his tiny kittypet paws. He didn’t know how to land softly like the forest cats. He made it to the final shelf, there was another bigger shelf, but with multiple shelves inside them. These were filled with books, so the tom never really got to go in there. From the shelf, he hopped onto the table, then the floor. While doing this, he was still giving away his location as if he was to be on the hunt or hiding. Yep, he probably wouldn’t make a very good clan cat. But when he padded, it was a little more silent. A little. He finally made it to their dining area, and licked his lips. He dug in, unaware of his friend hiding from him on the counter.

ancient aliases: brightshadows, bright
[site] [requests] [all my links]

Last edited by bright !; July 27th, 2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old July 28th, 2017, 11:08 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright View Post
[haha it really doesnt matter so much to me x>]
Marmalade had been laying on a shelf next to the window. The housefolk had put it onto the wall with some ‘tool thingy’. Actually, he put on multiple to where they were like steps, but futher apart so you could jump. He wasn’t on the highest one, but he was on his favorite one. The one right next to the window that showed the lovely, well-kept garden full of a variety of plants and flowers. The sun was angled perfectly to shine against his bright ginger fur, eyes closed to enjoy the warmth while in his cool, air-conditioned home. You could say he was sunbathing, except he wasn’t a human trying to tan their skin. He could fall asleep here. He almost did, but to keep himself up, he decided to groom his already soft, clean fur to make it better if he could. He went over every part of his body with his rough, barbed tongue. He did this sometimes, but knew not to do it too much or he’ll be coughing up some mad hairballs. Even if he kept that in mind, it had happened a few times.

The tom perked to the sound of solid cat kibble hitting the silver containers, his owner was pouring food into their bowls. He stood up an stretched, rump in the air, and yawned. Once he finished, he made his way down the shelves, step by step, rather loudly for his tiny kittypet paws. He didn’t know how to land softly like the forest cats. He made it to the final shelf, there was another bigger shelf, but with multiple shelves inside them. These were filled with books, so the tom never really got to go in there. From the shelf, he hopped onto the table, then the floor. While doing this, he was still giving away his location as if he was to be on the hunt or hiding. Yep, he probably wouldn’t make a very good clan cat. But when he padded, it was a little more silent. A little. He finally made it to their dining area, and licked his lips. He dug in, unaware of his friend hiding from him on the counter.
It was so...so...tempting. The food was just sitting there and he hadn't eaten since the reovirus night. He became nervous as he waited, scared his rumbling stomach might give him away. He glanced back, seeing the reflective object, perfectly depicting his body, his creamy fur, and most noticeably from the angle, his stumpy tail. Just for laughs, he gave it a wiggle, and watched it wiggle back at him the reflection. He cracked a smile, bits that's when he heard the thumps of Marmalade jumping down. He held still once more, hearing him pad closer. That was his advantage in the moment, Marmalade was never truly silent, and Friedrick could almost always hear him. Then as the sounds of his pads grew nearer, Friedrick gave a wiggle of his rump, preparing to spring down upon hi friend. He smiled wickedly as he heard the sound of crunching kibble.

He did it in that moment. He flailed off the counter, landing with a hard thump in the ground just next to Marmalade. On his flight down, he managed a thrilling screech, enough to alert his friend. He himself was on the ground, all four limbs splayed out in a different direction while his stomach was pressed against the cool flooring. He couldn't help but laugh at himself. Besides the fact that he had most likely scared the living day lights out of Marmalade, he himself probably looked rather dumb himself.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old August 1st, 2017, 02:51 AM
taker of art requests

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
It was so...so...tempting. The food was just sitting there and he hadn't eaten since the reovirus night. He became nervous as he waited, scared his rumbling stomach might give him away. He glanced back, seeing the reflective object, perfectly depicting his body, his creamy fur, and most noticeably from the angle, his stumpy tail. Just for laughs, he gave it a wiggle, and watched it wiggle back at him the reflection. He cracked a smile, bits that's when he heard the thumps of Marmalade jumping down. He held still once more, hearing him pad closer. That was his advantage in the moment, Marmalade was never truly silent, and Friedrick could almost always hear him. Then as the sounds of his pads grew nearer, Friedrick gave a wiggle of his rump, preparing to spring down upon hi friend. He smiled wickedly as he heard the sound of crunching kibble.

He did it in that moment. He flailed off the counter, landing with a hard thump in the ground just next to Marmalade. On his flight down, he managed a thrilling screech, enough to alert his friend. He himself was on the ground, all four limbs splayed out in a different direction while his stomach was pressed against the cool flooring. He couldn't help but laugh at himself. Besides the fact that he had most likely scared the living day lights out of Marmalade, he himself probably looked rather dumb himself.
Marmalade was getting curious to where his friend may be, since he's usually around to eat and chat when more kibble was poured into their bowls. He was beginning to wonder where he was right before he saw a flash of light, creamy fur, a loud thump, and an even louder screech. This is what made the darker tom jump, pretty high actually at the sudden sound and movement. His soul could've vomited out of his own body right there. He was eating, too! He landed, fur a little on edge from being nearly scared to death. His claws were flexed, and was coughing on the food he also could've been killed by.

"H-how could you do that! I was eating!" An english accent spewed out of a rather betrayed-sounding Marmalade after he finished his tiny coughing fit. He knows I'm easy to scare! Who didn't know this by now? He was small, timid, curious, clever, and just a cat that's easy to pick on. He had never been so jumpscare-prone. He'd flinch at the smallest of things, and Friedrick had certainly known that by now. But he did that on purpose, of course. Still, it in no way meant any harm, he wasn't a bully. He was his friend, his roommate. So of course it was a joke, but that doesn't mean it didn't spook him. He still didn't like being scared like that. But he just realized how high he had jumped in response to the stumpy-tailed tom's scare, and supposed it would be funny for whoever had seen it. He stuck his tongue out at Friedrick as he walked past him to take some laps of water form his bowl.

ancient aliases: brightshadows, bright
[site] [requests] [all my links]
Old August 1st, 2017, 10:43 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright View Post
Marmalade was getting curious to where his friend may be, since he's usually around to eat and chat when more kibble was poured into their bowls. He was beginning to wonder where he was right before he saw a flash of light, creamy fur, a loud thump, and an even louder screech. This is what made the darker tom jump, pretty high actually at the sudden sound and movement. His soul could've vomited out of his own body right there. He was eating, too! He landed, fur a little on edge from being nearly scared to death. His claws were flexed, and was coughing on the food he also could've been killed by.

"H-how could you do that! I was eating!" An english accent spewed out of a rather betrayed-sounding Marmalade after he finished his tiny coughing fit. He knows I'm easy to scare! Who didn't know this by now? He was small, timid, curious, clever, and just a cat that's easy to pick on. He had never been so jumpscare-prone. He'd flinch at the smallest of things, and Friedrick had certainly known that by now. But he did that on purpose, of course. Still, it in no way meant any harm, he wasn't a bully. He was his friend, his roommate. So of course it was a joke, but that doesn't mean it didn't spook him. He still didn't like being scared like that. But he just realized how high he had jumped in response to the stumpy-tailed tom's scare, and supposed it would be funny for whoever had seen it. He stuck his tongue out at Friedrick as he walked past him to take some laps of water form his bowl.
At seeing his companion jump so high, Friedrick was rolling on the floor, laughing. He pressed his paws against his chest as he laughed on. "You should have seen your face!" He laughed. "And how high you jumped." He kept laughing, the tom pouring out all his youthful energy. Once the fit of laughter sibsided a bit, he rolled onto his stomach, green eyes directed at Marmalade. "Dude, that was cool how high you jumped. I'm impressed." He mused, give g an approving smirk. He then stood up, giving a sniff to the food bowl. He quickly scarfed down a few of the pellets and turned back to Marmalade waiting for him to finish with the water. Once he had at least shifted, Friedrik moved closer, dipping down to lap up the cool liquid. He also made sure to dip his whiskers in the water, so when he pulled up, droplets cling to them. He then gave a prompt shake of his head, sending the droplets flying in every which direction.

He padded out of the small room, his half tail waving happily behind him. He trotted onto the room across the hall, where the housefly always sat on certain days, doing weird colicky things in the screen with warmth. He leapt onto the desk, his tail curling around the stand of a lamp. He looked back down to see if Marmalade had followed. He then looked back and across the room to the window. Getting an idea of some recklessness, Friedrik got a running start and ran off the desk, pushing off at the last minute. He flew over the ground, landing on the window sill. Well, mostly. His front paws had hit their mark, but the back legs now flailed, scratching the walls as he pushed himself up. He sat down and groomed a ruffled patch of fur, and he let his tail sweep over the various desk objects that were strewn there.

[adding Smol bump for @Bright ]

Last edited by goddess of ducks; August 22nd, 2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old October 10th, 2017, 10:14 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

Friedrik had been taken to many vets now. The small golden tabby wheezed, his breaths coming in short gasps. He didn't know where marmalade was at the moment but the young tom was in no state to go and look. His Twolegs had frantically tried saving him, he knew that. He was loved by his humans and he knew that. He wished he could stay with them but he could feel as he was being pulled into a looming darkness. He was curled in a soft bed, lined with a very soft blanket thanks to his little twoleg. The female child that he had formed such a bond with laid nearby asleep. She had stayed up all night with him as he wheezed and coughed, and hacked up blood. His stomach hurt, but his heart was filled. He was touched hp y her love for him, and her willingness to stay with them. The darkness outlet at his eyes, it seemed like it wanted to engulf him. His time was coming very soon and he knew it. The early morning sun was cool on his back as he lay in his bed in the bay window. He didn't want to go alone. He wanted someone there. He didn't know what was going to happen. He was young he didn't want to die. With all his strength he managed a frantic yowl. It startled his Twoleg, and she woke from her slumber. Her eyes were crusty and red from dried tears. She ran over to him, putting her bare oaws on his head and gently stroking back. Friedrik wheezed a few more times and coughed. His Twoleg got the point, scooping him up in the blanket she carried him, running down the hall into her parents room. Tears were falling down her face again as she feared his death. They loved each other and he didn't want to leave her. She woke her parents, Friedrik laying in his humans embrace. Her tears dripped off her face, falling into him. Oh how he wanted to stay with her. Now as her parents gathered around, petting him, crying over him and holding him close, he sensed the coming time. He purred, able to hear his persons heartbeat. He purred under their loving embrace, their love for him touching him. He blinked slowly up at her as she bent her head close to his. He reached up and licked her nose, his eyes full of love that he hoped the humans could see. His girl smiled back at him and he felt more content. The pull was stronger now, to the point he couldn't resist. He lapped for another kiss to her before his eyes fell shut and his body stopped completely, leaving the girl to weep over her friends dead body.