Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Rose
Today 02:21 AM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Myling
Today 02:11 AM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:07 AM
April Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 01:51 AM
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 01:12 AM

Old August 19th, 2017, 12:23 PM
The Thief of Apathy

My Mood: Thinking

Default Squirrelflight for deputy??

We all know that Squirrelflight chose Bramblestar over Ashfur, and that Ashfur tried to kill Hollyleaf, Jayfeather and Lionblaze to hurt Squirrelflight. Never mind about that. Bramblestar found out that Squirrelflight lied and pretended to have the kits, even though Leafpool kitted instead. In the Last Hope, after Firestar dies, Bramblestar appoints Squirrelflight deputy. But I'm confused. I do like Bramblestar, because he's brave, he's loyal, he has strong leadership, and he always nice. Squirrelflight is just an idiot. She and Leafpool could have told the clan earlier and then they wouldn't have gotten in trouble. Squirrelflight made Bramblestar angry, and that made him break up with her. When Bramblestar chose Squirrelflight as deputy, why couldn't he pick someone else? Why did he forgive her, when Squirrelflight lied about having kits with Bramblestar? Squirrelflight's also pretty useless, if you ask me. Bramblestar could have chosen Graystripe, who was once deputy! Bramblestar was pretty dumb (no offense, Bramble) when he chose Squirrelflight. What do you think?
Old August 19th, 2017, 12:29 PM
The one and only Darky

My Mood: Dead

Default Re: Squirrelflight for deputy??

Well I kinda agree with you(and I haven't read that far but I know a little about this) that squirrelflight had a promise for her sister and starclan did aprrove of the three kits birth. Sandstorm even stood with her daughters when the three parents where exposed. Squirrelflight had good qualities. She had a choice for her kin that could get her in trouble. She didn't put herself frist she put her family and clan first.
Dark, darky, Alicewolfheart

Gone

I may come back in the summer

Old August 30th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Bringer of Shock

My Mood: Happy

I disagree with this SquirrelFlight put her family before herself. And BrambleStar couldn't stay mad at her forever, If you were in SquirrelFlights place wouldn't you do the same thing? Plus SquirrelFlight had all the right qualities to be deputy and a good mate to BrambleStar a feisty she-cat not afraid to give orders to her clan and to tell her mate when hes doing something stupid.

In spite of all, cold as ice! In spite of all, hard as stone!
In spite of all, it would seem...
in spite of all, we're but a dream.
Hear our plea, you must! (You must!)
Please return our hearts to us!

Last edited by Zan Partizanne; August 30th, 2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old August 30th, 2017, 11:49 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

I agree with you on the fact that Squirrelflight should not have been chosen as deputy, but some of your points are flawed.

No matter when they told the clan, Squirrelflight and Leafpool would have gotten in a LOT of trouble. Leafpool would have still lost her role as Thunderclan medicine cat and many cats would still be upset with Squirrelflight. In honesty, I'm not sure if Bramblestar would have helped them cover it up if they included him since he does love her but he is clan leader so they still would have most likely have gotten in trouble :/

But as I said, I do agree that she was a terrible choice. I too find Squirrelflight ultimately useless. I've always hated her since she's actually quite stupid and her only personality trait is being sassy - and not in the entertaining way, but rather in the way that's soooo annoying. I was honestly surprised - and disappointed in Bramblestar - when she was chosen to become deputy despite the fact that she shouldn't been a leader. I understand that this was Bramblestar showing that he now trusts her, but he didn't have to endanger the entire clan by doing this! He could have simply taken her back as his mate instead of doing something so stupid. She was quick to forget the code and then in itself should prove that she isn't fit for such a position even if you ignore how terrible of a character she is.
(Bramblestar is one of my favorite characters, and he deserves SO much better than her)

I understand that she chose her family over her clan, but I don't think that someone who is deputy/leader should be someone who will so easily turn their back on the code. Especially if that is the only thing going for them and they are usually annoying and being genuinely stupid.

And I would NEVER choose Greystripe as deputy. First off, even if we ignore all the things he's done that leaves him not qualified at all for it, he's also an elder and is too old for a rank such as deputy. But he's also pretty stupid and is just as useless as Squirrelflight... though he's a worse choice. Greystripe was quick to take Silverstream as his mate and even violently attacked his best friend and clan-mate over this despite being wrong.He later joined Riverclan without must thinking or hesitation. A couple books later he turned on his new clan and returned to Thunderclan just because he was done with Riverclan. Greystripe is the kind of cat who is obviously selfish and doesn't even bother to hide it, he only looks after himself and will turn on his clan and best friend without a second thought if they are an obstacle and doesn't listen to anyone else but himself. I thought that Firestar was an idiot to choose Greystripe since he's even worse than Squirrelflight (which is hard to do).

I hate both Squirrelflight and Greystripe and have since they were introduced. I personally would have chosen someone like Thornclaw or Brackenfur as deputy. They are both senior warriors with a lot of experience. They have proven to be loyal, useful and could take charge if needed (plus, Firestar was about to choose Brackenfur as deputy before Leafpool informed him of her dream).

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Proud Undertale Trash.

My Mood: Cheerful

*polietly stands back as debate continues*
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Gone jellyfishin'

My Mood: Sarcastic

I think Squirrelflight was a perfectly acceptable choice for deputy. She works hard at it, and she's good at it. I don't see what reason there is to hate her. Graystripe would have been a much worse choice for deputy.

As we can see in what's come out in A Vision of Shadows, Squirrelflight is no worse than any other deputy. She organizes good patrols, and from what I can tell kept up with her duties even with Alderkit and Sparkkit. She dealt with the loss of her other two kits very well, showing that she's a strong cat, a good trait for the next leader.

There's no reason to hate Squirrelflight. Sure, she was energetic and stubborn as an apprentice, but I'm energetic and stubborn, and people don't hate me for it. She could be hated for her role in raising Leafpool's kits, but Yellowfang convinced her to. A StarClan cat convinced her to. Plus, she loved them like her own. She wasn't about to abandon them for no good reason, was she? She honestly believed that she was doing the right thing. I'm not about to hate a character for doing what the believe is right. She did break the Warrior Code, but so did Firestar, right?

Graystripe couldn't be deputy. He's an elder. We all saw what happens when you make an elder deputy when Nightstar was leader of ShadowClan, right before Tigerstar, and Cinderfur was his deputy. We saw the same thing with Russetfur. She wasn't an elder, but she was old enough to retire. Old cats just can't be deputy. It doesn't work.

Bramblestar forgave Squirrelflight because he realized that she had followed her heart. She deserved that forgiveness. He knew that, even if he was mad at her, there were no other cats he could trust as much. Squirrelflight deserves her position as deputy, and, someday, leader, as much as any other cat.

Last edited by Splash; August 30th, 2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:22 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

I disagree. Squirrelflight is a loyal cat, loyal to her Clan, and loyal to her sister. The only reason she lied for Leafpool was because Leafpool is her SISTER. How could she turn her sister down? And yes, she lied to Bramblestar about Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze being hers and Bramblestar's kits. But the reason Bramblestar forgave her and appointed her as his deputy is because that's what true love is.

Do not quote or mention me at the Stormcrest.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Events

Old August 30th, 2017, 12:26 PM
The Thief of Apathy

My Mood: Thinking

-yawns- I didn't realise this was still here! But I still just don't like Squirrelflight to be honest.
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:42 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
I think Squirrelflight was a perfectly acceptable choice for deputy. She works hard at it, and she's good at it. I don't see what reason there is to hate her. Graystripe would have been a much worse choice for deputy.

As we can see in what's come out in A Vision of Shadows, Squirrelflight is no worse than any other deputy. She organizes good patrols, and from what I can tell kept up with her duties even with Alderkit and Sparkkit. She dealt with the loss of her other two kits very well, showing that she's a strong cat, a good trait for the next leader.

There's no reason to hate Squirrelflight. Sure, she was energetic and stubborn as an apprentice, but I'm energetic and stubborn, and people don't hate me for it. She could be hated for her role in raising Leafpool's kits, but Yellowfang convinced her to. A StarClan cat convinced her to. Plus, she loved them like her own. She wasn't about to abandon them for no good reason, was she? She honestly believed that she was doing the right thing. I'm not about to hate a character for doing what the believe is right. She did break the Warrior Code, but so did Firestar, right?

Graystripe couldn't be deputy. He's an elder. We all saw what happens when you make an elder deputy when Nightstar was leader of ShadowClan, right before Tigerstar, and Cinderfur was his deputy. We saw the same thing with Russetfur. She wasn't an elder, but she was old enough to retire. Old cats just can't be deputy. It doesn't work.

Bramblestar forgave Squirrelflight because he realized that she had followed her heart. She deserved that forgiveness. He knew that, even if he was mad at her, there were no other cats he could trust as much. Squirrelflight deserves her position as deputy, and, someday, leader, as much as any other cat.
I'm going to first approach the fact that you are not suppose to actively be a leader or deputy when you are nursing kits. They are suppose to temporarily step down - deputy usually acts as leader if the leader is nursing, and when it's the deputy they usually aren't replaced. Not saying that this is why she shouldn't have been chosen, but rather just that she should have been with her kits and watched them instead of focusing on deputy duties.

And as I stated, just the fact alone that she was so quick to turn her back on the warrior code to raise her sister's kits proves that she shouldn't. I know that she was being loyal to Leafpool and the she cares for her family, but . And lets not forget the fact that she was barely even around Leafpool's kits when they were still in the nursery. They said in the books that she was rarely ever around them, so even though she took them in she actually barely even raised them she she was out patrolling and hunting instead.

Also, Yellowfang actually never told Squirrelflight to raise the kits. Of course, she did want her to since Leafpool couldn't, but never actually told her to. All she said to Squirrelflight was that she would never be able to have kits of her own. That was all. And that was the main reason why she took in Leafpool's kits. I believe that if she were to have her owns kits, she wouldn't have taken in Leafpool's and only cared for her own instead... I know you guys will argue against this, but I honest to god believe this statement since Squirrelflight had done nothing to prove that she actually loves the kits... I mean, she didn't even spend time with them when they were kits!

I honestly believe that she is a selfish cat since she rarely even bothered with the kits when they were in the nursery, and she forced Bramblestar to chose between her and his brother. That's another reason that I hate her. Sure she was energetic and stubborn, but she's selfish and every time she talks it's really annoying. At first, I simply didn't care for her and find her a bit annoying... but then as the series continued I realized just how terrible of a character she was. She isn't very smart and I do find her stupid and makes terrible decisions.

If she actually does become leader, then I'm quitting the books... I can't handle reading her being in charge of cats. I mean, she's actually my least favorite character (along with people like Lionblaze, Dovewing, Tigherheart, ect)... i'm not a huge fan of the idiots X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I disagree. Squirrelflight is a loyal cat, loyal to her Clan, and loyal to her sister. The only reason she lied for Leafpool was because Leafpool is her SISTER. How could she turn her sister down? And yes, she lied to Bramblestar about Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze being hers and Bramblestar's kits. But the reason Bramblestar forgave her and appointed her as his deputy is because that's what true love is.
Of course I would break the rules if my sister was to be in the same situation, but I wouldn't take the role as deputy. She knew that what she was doing was highly against the rules and still continued. She took on the role as deputy knowing that you have to be endlessly loyal despite how quick she is to bend rules and that she will most likely do it again if a situation comes up.

And he shouldn't chose a deputy based on if he loves them or not, it's on whether they will be loyal to their clan no matter what - which Squirrelflight has proven she can't do. It's about a cat who can not only take charge, but someone who can make good decisions. Just because she can snap at a bunch of people and can give orders, it doesn't make her a good deputy or right for the position. Choosing her based on love is a terribly thing to do... and he pretty much doomed his clan :/

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; August 30th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

I mean, I don't wish for Squirrelflight or Bramblestar to die or give up their roles but...I think there are some other cats that would be great leaders/deputies. Here's my list:
GREYSTRIPE!!! Honestly, I feel like when he was younger in the first series and less mature, I wasn't too keen but now he's returned and he's old and stuff he totally deserves it (and millie can go roast in the dark forest sorry but I really don't like her)
Brackenfur: He's an under appreciated warrior and he's not really a main character but I think considering all that happened to him, from books Twilight onwards, he deserves to have more recognition. I don't think he'd be good enough to become leader, seeing as I've always seen him with a little sort of awkward and shy side, but I think he could make a very loyal deputy.
ThornClaw: another side character. I see Thornclaw and Brackenfur as very similar cats (I know they're brothers lol). But Thornclaw isn't really in a relationship (he might be I don't know I'm not quite up to date on all the books so don't hate) and he's very strong and loyal and has been a very good ally in battle many times.

That's my first 3 for now if I think of any more I'll add them but yeah...I wanna see your feedback.