RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by Dust
Today 02:30 PM

Old December 30th, 2020, 11:35 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: The Shadowledge

Startlingly quickly, all five slots filled. Curious—felines rarely volunteered for anything that swiftly, and especially not under the threat of death before failure. Had he known that his clanmates were willing to take on the challenge, he would not have stalled his answer. Of course, Talonstone would wish to participate. Though, it was not his clan that he presented his loyalty to, but his leader. Should anyone else stand at the Shadowledge, the warrior might not be as attentive. Too slow, lizard, his mind hissed haughtily; nevertheless, he dismissed the voice. He thought, calculated, then spoke, both quiet and loud at once, "Fighting, hunting, and defending the borders are all fundamental skills that competent felines must master. However, one must seek knowledge from beyond in order to truly prosper. Dawnstar," the name tasted strange on his tongue, for despite how often it sounded within him, he rarely mentioned it aloud. "I know how to climb, to swim, to flock. I request that you permit me to teach these additional skills alongside those of the instructors. It need not be mandatory, but a means to advance one's proficiency." He fell silent then, half-expecting to be reprimanded for speaking out of turn. Talonstone stood near the back of the crowd because he wished not draw attention to himself, yet by making noise, he marked his attempt as futile.

[ @Undertaker ]
Have a wonderful day!
Old December 31st, 2020, 12:13 AM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Dawnstar sat still and watched her clanmates' mixed expressions, drinking them in like freshwater. What she was asking was something the warriors should be doing already, she's given them chance after chance to fix their mistakes and to train their apprentices. They couldn't do it, so now they were doing things her way.

"Dreamcloud?" The leader's fierce eyes slithered down to the she-cat once she stepped up. She could smell the hesitation on the warrior, she curled her lips at the molly's words. The powerfully built leader moved with an almost threatening amount of force, bunching up thick muscles, she leaped off the Shadowledge. The irritation buzzing within her mind made her steps heavy, her muscles bulkier, and scowl deeper.

"Is that a question?" Dawnstar tipped her head to the side as she stared at the warrior. "If you're not certain you can do it, don't waste my and everyone else's time." This showed Dawnstar how much weight the she-cat put into her life.

The next voice sounds sure and full of confidence, Dawnstar glanced around until she spotted Adderfang. The scarred tabby was still uncertain about Adderfang, but she's proven to be useful. If she said she could do it, Dawnstar was going to let her. It wasn't like she'd be losing anything if the warrior couldn't cut it.

"Borders are yours then." Dawnstar flickered a whisker after assigning the she-cat her new duty. "I was thinking about stripping all of the current mentors of their apprentices since none of you have much to show for it, but I'll allow you to do as you please. I really hope you don't disappoint me." Her attention was caught by the next cat that stepped up.

She heard some moron start yowling about something or other and got in an argument with one of the kits, but Dawnstar was going to bypass that for now. She was more concerned about getting the apprentices the training they so desperately needed. Owlspots perked her interest, Dawnstar hadn't said anything about killing but it was a skill that could be used. "Owlspots, you'll get battle training." Dawnstar wasn't going to put much faith in this cat, already feeling like she was either going to have to kill her or the warrior would run off, but she'd take what she'd get for now.

Her amber glare danced over to her deputy when even he stepped up willing to help out the clan. Finchwhisker hasn't done much to impress her as of late, she's heard nothing about patrols from him, she disliked having no news at all, but if he could actually handle this she might see him in a better light. If not she'd be looking for a new deputy.

Lo and behold, it seemed like Scorchstrike wanted to be put to work as well. Since Dawnstar was more or less allowed to kill these cats if they disappointed her, she was more than willing to let Scorchstrike handle some apprentices. Especially if it meant that Dawnstar could potentially eliminate her later.

"Finchwhisker, you'll take charge of all the night training, with Scorch - " The leader was cut off when the Batblind decided to raise her voice. She needed two cats for night training, not three. As annoying as she's proven to be, Dawnstar held the rodent in higher esteem compared to the one who couldn't even handle her own apprentice. However, at the same time, the eyesight was off.

"There's a difference between the type of dark you live in and the type I need the apprentices to navigate through." The leader spat as she whipped around to face the smaller cat. "Your lack of sight, it's distinctive to you, you don't know what the light the moon looks like, the color of pelts, you've no clue what a shadow even looks like. Do not make it sound like you have more experience because you can't see, I bet you'd missing certain details with training simply because you're blind." Dawnstar spat, shaking her head back and forth. Some cats seemed to have far too high an opinion of themselves.

"Still, Batblind, besides irritating me every time you open your maw, you're more beneficial than some. So you and Finchwhisker can head up the night training." She mewed, if not a bit reluctantly. That would be all the cats she needed. So what to do with Scorchstrike?

"Scorchstrike, you want to help you can assist Dreamcloud if she's even taking on the task." Sadly, Dreamcloud had come off as a weak-willed mousebrain to her, putting the two together and they might actually do something right.

Yet another cat decided to add their own thoughts to the matter, the only reason she was didn't snarl a stern shut up, was mere because of how it was worded. It was not difficult to pick out the speaker, the light pelt tom stood out from the gathered. Her piercing golden eyes bore bloody daggers at Talonstone as she debated on criticizing him or not. One, two, three, those voices all added their own two cents on how to deal with the problem. Even though Talonstone was a top-notched warrior, everyone was expendable, replaceable, but he had his point. The more they learn the stronger they'd be.

"If you want something to do, I need it to be something that's worth betting your life on. What you wish to teach, they aren't skills that I deem necessary for life in ShadowClan, but, Talonstone, you make a good point. If you wish to gift the apprentices with such knowledge, do so, but I want them to learn something that can assist ShadowClan here and now. The camp, it's different from the old one, less space to move around, more enclosed, teach them how to defend it." With that, the last instructor was made. Seven cats whose lives she held in the middle of her pad, she'd take far too much pleasure out of crush the life out of each and every one of them should they not live up to her expectations.

There she had all the cats she needed as instructors. "Appentices, whether you have a mentor or not, these warriors are tasked with educating you regardless of their schedule. It will be your job to seek them out for your training. If you really want to be a warrior, I've given you your tools, use them." Dawnstar roared from where she stood, now it was their job, they no longer had any excuses for a lack of training. Dawnstar wanted new warriors to announce by the next gathering or it would be the apprentices who'd be feeling her wrath next time.

Done with that, it was time to handle an entirely separate matter. Pushing her way through the crowd, she settled herself behind the mouthy kit so eager to defend her. It took her a few seconds to remember him, that little hissing hairball she found left on his own. He was certainly living up to his name.

"Eagleclaw, have you fallen so low that you've started dissing a poor kit whose mother left him for dead?" Dawnstar rolled her eyes observing the warrior with cynical eyes. Come now, not even she was that much of a dirtbag.

"You were saying something to me, I wasn't listening since you were interrupting like a buzzing gnat in my ear. I'm willing to listen now, but if I don't think whatever you have to say is worth my time. I'm going to kill Icepaw."

Dawnstar was very serious about hurting her clanmates if it meant getting them in line and under control. She was done trying to play the good guy, every death would have its reason, at least it did to her. It was up to Eagleclaw to decide if whatever his little outburst was, was worth his apprentice's life or if he was just causing trouble for the hell of it. No other cat had spoken up against her methods, she'd get ShadowClan back on the path of strength and she could care less about the number of bodies that'd rest at her paws in her pursuit.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; December 31st, 2020 at 12:15 AM.
Old December 31st, 2020, 12:25 AM

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Dawnstar sat still and watched her clanmates' mixed expressions, drinking them in like freshwater. What she was asking was something the warriors should be doing already, she's given them chance after chance to fix their mistakes and to train their apprentices. They couldn't do it, so now they were doing things her way.

"Dreamcloud?" The leader's fierce eyes slithered down to the she-cat once she stepped up. She could smell the hesitation on the warrior, she curled her lips at the molly's words. The powerfully built leader moved with an almost threatening amount of force, bunching up thick muscles, she leaped off the Shadowledge. The irritation buzzing within her mind made her steps heavy, her muscles bulkier, and scowl deeper.

"Is that a question?" Dawnstar tipped her head to the side as she stared at the warrior. "If you're not certain you can do it, don't waste my and everyone else's time." This showed Dawnstar how much weight the she-cat put into her life.

The next voice sounds sure and full of confidence, Dawnstar glanced around until she spotted Adderfang. The scarred tabby was still uncertain about Adderfang, but she's proven to be useful. If she said she could do it, Dawnstar was going to let her. It wasn't like she'd be losing anything if the warrior couldn't cut it.

"Borders are yours then." Dawnstar flickered a whisker after assigning the she-cat her new duty. "I was thinking about stripping all of the current mentors of their apprentices since none of you have much to show for it, but I'll allow you to do as you please. I really hope you don't disappoint me." Her attention was caught by the next cat that stepped up.

She heard some moron start yowling about something or other and got in an argument with one of the kits, but Dawnstar was going to bypass that for now. She was more concerned about getting the apprentices the training they so desperately needed. Owlspots perked her interest, Dawnstar hadn't said anything about killing but it was a skill that could be used. "Owlspots, you'll get battle training." Dawnstar wasn't going to put much faith in this cat, already feeling like she was either going to have to kill her or the warrior would run off, but she'd take what she'd get for now.

Her amber glare danced over to her deputy when even he stepped up willing to help out the clan. Finchwhisker hasn't done much to impress her as of late, she's heard nothing about patrols from him, she disliked having no news at all, but if he could actually handle this she might see him in a better light. If not she'd be looking for a new deputy.

Lo and behold, it seemed like Scorchstrike wanted to be put to work as well. Since Dawnstar was more or less allowed to kill these cats if they disappointed her, she was more than willing to let Scorchstrike handle some apprentices. Especially if it meant that Dawnstar could potentially eliminate her later.

"Finchwhisker, you'll take charge of all the night training, with Scorch - " The leader was cut off when the Batblind decided to raise her voice. She needed two cats for night training, not three. As annoying as she's proven to be, Dawnstar held the rodent in higher esteem compared to the one who couldn't even handle her own apprentice. However, at the same time, the eyesight was off.

"There's a difference between the type of dark you live in and the type I need the apprentices to navigate through." The leader spat as she whipped around to face the smaller cat. "Your lack of sight, it's distinctive to you, you don't know what the light the moon looks like, the color of pelts, you've no clue what a shadow even looks like. Do not make it sound like you have more experience because you can't see, I bet you'd missing certain details with training simply because you're blind." Dawnstar spat, shaking her head back and forth. Some cats seemed to have far too high an opinion of themselves.

"Still, Batblind, besides irritating me every time you open your maw, you're more beneficial than some. So you and Finchwhisker can head up the night training." She mewed, if not a bit reluctantly. That would be all the cats she needed. So what to do with Scorchstrike?

"Scorchstrike, you want to help you can assist Dreamcloud if she's even taking on the task." Sadly, Dreamcloud had come off as a weak-willed mousebrain to her, putting the two together and they might actually do something right.

Yet another cat decided to add their own thoughts to the matter, the only reason she was didn't snarl a stern shut up, was mere because of how it was worded. It was not difficult to pick out the speaker, the light pelt tom stood out from the gathered. Her piercing golden eyes bore bloody daggers at Talonstone as she debated on criticizing him or not. One, two, three, those voices all added their own two cents on how to deal with the problem. Even though Talonstone was a top-notched warrior, everyone was expendable, replaceable, but he had his point. The more they learn the stronger they'd be.

"If you want something to do, I need it to be something that's worth betting your life on. What you wish to teach, they aren't skills that I deem necessary for life in ShadowClan, but, Talonstone, you make a good point. If you wish to gift the apprentices with such knowledge, do so, but I want them to learn something that can assist ShadowClan here and now. The camp, it's different from the old one, less space to move around, more enclosed, teach them how to defend it." With that, the last instructor was made. Seven cats whose lives she held in the middle of her pad, she'd take far too much pleasure out of crush the life out of each and every one of them should they not live up to her expectations.

There she had all the cats she needed as instructors. "Appentices, whether you have a mentor or not, these warriors are tasked with educating you regardless of their schedule. It will be your job to seek them out for your training. If you really want to be a warrior, I've given you your tools, use them." Dawnstar roared from where she stood, now it was their job, they no longer had any excuses for a lack of training. Dawnstar wanted new warriors to announce by the next gathering or it would be the apprentices who'd be feeling her wrath next time.

Done with that, it was time to handle an entirely separate matter. Pushing her way through the crowd, she settled herself behind the mouthy kit so eager to defend her. It took her a few seconds to remember him, that little hissing hairball she found left on his own. He was certainly living up to his name.

"Eagleclaw, have you fallen so low that you've started dissing a poor kit whose mother left him for dead?" Dawnstar rolled her eyes observing the warrior with cynical eyes. Come now, not even she was that much of a dirtbag.

"You were saying something to me, I wasn't listening since you were interrupting like a buzzing gnat in my ear. I'm willing to listen now, but if I don't think whatever you have to say is worth my time. I'm going to kill Icepaw."

Dawnstar was very serious about hurting her clanmates if it meant getting them in line and under control. She was done trying to play the good guy, every death would have its reason, at least it did to her. It was up to Eagleclaw to decide if whatever his little outburst was, was worth his apprentice's life or if he was just causing trouble for the hell of it. No other cat had spoken up against her methods, she'd get ShadowClan back on the path of strength and she could care less about the number of bodies that'd rest at her paws in her pursuit.

Frogpaw nodded he unlike some of his clan mates, was vary into this idea, he didn’t like his clan mates getting hurt but it was what needed to get done anything to get training done. He was going to work himself so hard he would be the youngest warrior ever! The trainers better be ready because he would ask them to train him every day. He didn’t walk up to dawnstar but he still said “ thank you dawnstar your going to make shadowclan the best no matter what” he didn’t know if she heard him but he didn’t care he waited to see what would happen to icepaw and Eagleclaw so he knew what not to say or do in the future
Old December 31st, 2020, 12:49 AM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

hearing the massive scolding the clan got, Applekit couldn't even think! Her entire body was ridden with fear. At least she was here to hear the information.. But ..dawnstar was horrifying right now! Watching the dark leader pad towards the group and to the warrior who burst out. The she kit darted off to the far end of the group and hid behind some cats, but decided to peak out and watch. Things passed through one ear and out the other but she caught something specific. SHES GONNA KILL ICEPAW?!! One of us?!!
Her little heart was pounding a mile a minute. No...icepaw probably broke a rule! Yeah..
Trying to brave it out Applekit gulped I hope marigold paw is careful! And mamma...

Hailscratch was silent through the whole thing but his mind wasn't. Well well well, things have taken a drastic turn! Guess I better pull my weight...dont wanna end up dead. Tch,pathetic wastes of breath they are. He gave a glare to this Eagle fellow low indeed... I wish shed actually kill you right now. Hmm...on a side note, I hope darkpaw is careful with this. he didn't want his new friend to be in trouble...because trouble with this leader ...seemed to end in death. Sighing the tom just licked his chest fur.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old December 31st, 2020, 12:59 AM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Owlspots nodded to Dawnstar as she confirmed that she could be in charge of battle training. Good. Knowing that she would be in charge of the whole Clan's battle training was a strange feeling but one she liked. This would insure cats where not useless and in need of death as much. Well that was what she would idolize. Scanning the crowd once more she returned to her seat to watch how the rest would pan out. Owlspots found this meeting interesting, lots of new things getting done and a new job to keep her busy. Now they just had to keep giving her reasons to stay.

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old December 31st, 2020, 01:10 AM
GONE

My Mood: Kingly

Failpaw

The molly sat quietly and listened in. Icepaw ... who was that? Failpaw shook her head slightly. Threatening to kill clanmates was ... somewhat absurd.

Coldkit

The large tom narrowed his eyes as he listened in. No mentors. Dawnstar had to be joking. He quietly watched the scene break out before him, pale amber eyes sparkling in amusement. The leader scolding the Clan was definitely entertaining, no doubt.
Old December 31st, 2020, 01:10 AM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Glaremoon wondered caught if Talonstone would need help. He padded over to him lazily before sitting down. Standing was such a pain sometimes. “Hey, if you need any help I volunteer. Just wasn’t really trying to deal with apprentice all the time is all.” He whispered to Talonstone. He honestly just didn’t like apprentices. They were kinda annoying to him.
@bmkmb

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.
Old December 31st, 2020, 01:15 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

And so with a simple sentence Dawnstar managed to incentivise Adderfang into her eye twitching by striking at her pride.
What did she mean had nothing to show for it Marigoldpaw was still a young cat not yet at warrior age and will still more proficient then many of the same moons?! Adderfang had not been soft on her apprentice even if she did not match her own mentors level of brutality in training and her student was well on track for it! Did Dawnstar mean to say Marigoldpaw should be a warrior by now as young as she was? Didnt she just demote Failpaw for not being ready?

The warriors twitching eye burning with stung pride smoothed over into ice cold determination as she bowed to the leader even through her glare, if Dawnstar wanted a warrior ready apprentice she'd get one. Training would intensify (rest in peace poor Marigoldpaw) and her apprentice would reach warrior status early even with Adderfang training the other apprentices and she would make sure it didn't compromise her relationship with the young cat like her own mentor did mark her words.

The large molly did however, strangely, relax once she saw that Dawnstar was tearing into everyone not just her. When it was targeted just at her it stung her pride viciously, something Adderfang was weak to, but when everyone got snarled at it changed the situation to a frustrated leader angry at everyone and so the warrior sat down refocusing on her planing. She'd need an entire day if she wanted to go over each border with the group at once but that could be arranged, a day when Adderfang rounded up the apprentices to do a circuit of the territories edge and go over each in detail. The whispering wetlands would be first though. So consumed in her thoughts and in keeping half an eye on Dawnstars wonderfully muscled enraged back the warrior completely missed the following threat towards the mouthy warrior and apprentice, something she'd normally react to.
Old December 31st, 2020, 01:45 AM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

// @Exis

He stilled his breath as his leader addressed him, and against his assumption, his leader did not push him down into the earth. The warrior inclined his head in a mix of gratefulness, respect, and agreement, mind already working in an attempt to follow his commands given. Defend the gorge; defend the camp. He could… they needed to keep enemies out. Their one advantage? He boxed up the thoughts and saved them in another corner of his mind for him to further inspect later.

Talonstone braced himself as the unfamiliar warrior sidled up to him; seething inside though he failed to show it. If the fool thought that volunteering to help would gain him points with the frosty tom, then he thought wrong. Only the slight twitch of his tail hinted that he heard the whisper. As the snakeheart kindly pointed out, he could call on assistants should he need them, unlikely as that was, and since Glaremoon seemed so excited to involve himself, Talonstone would make sure to bother him at the most unconventional time possible.
Have a wonderful day!
Old December 31st, 2020, 04:17 AM
I exist?

Bump Policy: After 24 hours
My Mood: Cool

Whitetail listened to the scolding with Hailkit; they had made up by now and she was still Hailkit’s mother in her eyes. She was staring up at Dawnstar, her eyes seeing that this firs scolding might be the start of something much bigger..