Old January 1st, 2021, 07:35 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

// @Estelle
Marigoldfire
________

The warrior happily led Flamepaw over to one of the prettiest spots in the territory, the Sunkissed Creek. Though, at this time of year, it was less sunkissed and more icekissed. Oh, well. "So! I don't know how much you know about hunting, but that's alright! I can try to kinda sum it up. Here's a hunting crouch--" The torbie stopped and dropped into a crouch. "Uh, hang on. You gotta creep forward slowly with most of the prey, like this." She stepped forward, proceeding to step on a small twig. Marigold flattened her ears with embarassment. Oh, dear. "And... try not to step on those. Oh! Make sure to keep your tail off the ground, or prey might hear it. But don't raise it up, or you might accidentally brush some undergrowth. I mean, maybe not now, but definitely in Greenleaf. And... sorry if this is kinda fast, I just don't wanna forget anything. Uh... that might be it!"

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old January 2nd, 2021, 09:35 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Flamepaw didn't exactly get a word threw between Marigoldfire's talking, at least to tell her she didn't know anything about hunting, but oh well. If all the training was as fast, she'd catch up with her siblings in no time - and that's what mattered to her! That, and becoming a great warrior. She almost inspected the hunting crouch as if she were the mentor, and couldn't help but frown slightly. It seemed complicated, especially the sneaking part. Flamepaw glanced back at her back paw, worried for how her balance would be, though turned to paying attention again as the warrior continued.

No stepping a twigs, noted.
Tail of the ground but not to high, noted.

"So- I stand like this..?" Flamepaw crouched, shuffling her paws for stability as she wobbled a little before looking back at Marigoldfire, then once more her paws as she started to try creeping forward slowly. Needless to say, that wasn't going to well. Yes, she eventually remembered to properly lift her tail but, the small jump like steps she took with her back paw held a chance of alerting prey, didn't it? Well, at least if it remained as loud - but she was working on it.

[ @elysian ]
Old January 4th, 2021, 09:47 AM
Heyo I’m back

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnder View Post

Littlemouse

"Yeah, yeah... go on then..." they replied, barely paying attention. That cat was up to something suspicious - as evidenced by the creepy giggling as he ran off - but Littemouse wasn't particularly interested in figuring out what exactly nor did they want to stick around. Gently grabbing the flowers they had already gathered, Littlemouse began the trek back towards camp.

RiverFrost silently climbed up a tree, he waited for LittleMouse to come his way. As the tom watched the other cat walk by he jumped out of the tree and screamed the loudest he could, "BADGER!" Then he rolled onto the ground, bursting with laughter. "Got you!" The calico managed to mew between laughs.

Last edited by Reptilian Cabinets; January 4th, 2021 at 09:47 AM.
Old January 7th, 2021, 01:45 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

// @Estelle
Marigoldfire
________

The tortie tilted her head slightly as the apprentice dropped into a hunting crouch. She let the apprentice creep around for a bit, figuring that she had talked a lot very recently, and Flamepaw probably needed a little time to let it sink in. So, she observed as her apprentice did some... interesting things.

"Yeah, that was a goo start. But you might want to shift more weight into your hind legs? If that makes sense. Because like this—" She crouched, making sure to keep more weight on her front legs rather than what she was used to. "I could easily be hit from behind. Or unbalanced if I step on a pebble or something. Which, I definitely have." After a quick chuckle, she shifted the weight back to her back legs, and more balanced. "But if I just kinda put more weight on my back legs, I’m more... balanced? I guess. The prey won’t hear me coming as well, if I manage to step on a pebble and get off-balance, I don’t scare the prey, and it’s better." Uh oh, she had said a lot of words again. Whoops.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old January 7th, 2021, 07:01 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Flamepaw didn't mind the talking, it only helped her understand. She listened, and nodded, somewhat getting what Marigoldfire meant.. Yes. She tried again, putting more weight into her back legs which felt... Strange. Though the older molly was probably right, and she got used to it quickly "Like... This?" she questioned, eyes lifted to her mentor "pebbles are a death sentence" Flamepaw pouted a little at the mention of those little unwanted things. At least she hadn't seen any for now - and eventually the young molly just sat back down, with one question "what if your balance is so bad though, that you're always off balance? No matter what-" her head tilted as she asked, wanting to know the answer. To her it felt like a logical question, very logical in fact. She, for example, had a terrible balance if none at all. It was partially due to her leg, of course, but she was working on that. If she didn't forget to do those exercises at least- ohh. "are we going to catch something later?" A bit more hesitantly, Flamepaw finally asked the question. She was rather eager to do that, though kept getting new questions.. Or things.. first. Perhaps she should take a break from questions.

[ @elysian ]
Old January 19th, 2021, 05:21 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @Phoenix Fall ]

"I guess we're starting out with hunting."

Stonenettle led Lightningpaw out to the Creek, not bothering to look at the younger tom or even speak over his shoulder as he walked. If Lightningpaw wanted to hear what he had to say, he could either walk faster or try harder to hear. Stonenettle wasn't slowing down for him.

"First things first." The scarred tom paused by a clump of wilted ferns and sat down. "My name is Stonenettle. Take a moment to say it with me. Stone. Nettle. I won't answer to anything else, so if you want my help, you had better start calling me that.

"Now, I'm treating this patrol as a training session, so it'll be two things in one. We can get down faster that way."
And then he wouldn't be stuck with this unbearable ball of noise and energy. "Show me your best attempt at a hunting crouch. Don't expect to get it perfect on your first try."
Old January 19th, 2021, 05:30 PM
PIIIIIIIIIIICKLES

Lightningpaw trotted after Stonenettle. He was the bestest mentor ever. He was really nice, really. Really really nice. And he was funny. As he followed along, he talked. And talked. And talked. "You know, I really really really like rocks. See! There's one! And another! And another! Anyways, rocks are great. They really are. And you're great too! And so is Flamepaw and Tigerkit and- OOF!" He walked right into his big mentor, not realizing he'd stopped. And he said Stonenettle's name with him. "Stone. Nettle." Then he added, "Okay, Stoneymen- I mean, Stonenettle! I'll call you Stonenettle!"

A patrol AND training? Two in one? This was turning out better than he thought it would! And Stonenettlementor was being extra nice and extra fun and extra awesome! He couldn't believe it! And it was awesome! And rocks were awesome! And Stonenettle was telling him to do a hunter's crouch! He was gonna be the bestest bestest bestest bestest bestest bestest bestest at it! He tried to drop into a crouch like the pros did, but he wasn't anything like a pro. His hind paws slid out from under him, his mouth making another "OOF!" @Slushie
RC: Flintkit
WC: Frostedface, Weaselthorn, Ashkit
StC: Ravenpaw
Outsiders: Sammy, Cinderstripe

I'm open to rp any time! <3
I'm going through something hard right now, replies will be slow and possibly short.
Old January 19th, 2021, 06:09 PM
roar

[ @Phoenix Fall ]

Stonenettle's ears flattened against his head, trying to block out the sound of Lightningpaw's chattering. Skies, he just had to have gotten stuck with the crow disguised as a cat. Fantastic. A growl rumbled deep in his throat as the apprentice smacked into his side. "Stop thinking about rocks," he snapped. "Start thinking about training and paying attention. Those are your new things to like. Start liking them. Forget about rocks." He didn't care about Whowasitpaw or Nobodycareskit - as long as Lightningpaw didn't bring them into every single conversation. But the rocks were going to be a distraction.

His muzzle rippled in unconcealed disappointment and disgust as Lightningpaw slipped and fell. "All right. I wasn't expecting you to be good, but clearly we have some work to do." He stood up and dropped into his own hunting crouch, a perfect rendition of what most other warriors used. "Paws, shoulders-width apart. Tail low, but not touching the ground. Keep your weight balanced between all four paws, or you'll be toppling over like an overweight badger. When you're stalking prey, step quietly. No one likes a warrior who sounds like a moose trying to be stealthy."
Old January 20th, 2021, 07:05 AM
PIIIIIIIIIIICKLES

Lightningpaw was a bit confused. Those weren’t really his favorite things, but if Stoneynettlewettlementor said they were, then they were! “Okay! Rocks are still awesome, though, right? And Flamepaw and Tigerkit?” He waited patiently for an answer.

Ohhhh, it looked like Stonenettler was proud of him! Or, maybe it was the opposite. But it was awesome either way! Because everyone knew sheer joy was the opposite of proud! “Yeah, we have to work with hunting because I’m the bestest bestest bestest bestest bestest bestest bestest at it! Me and Flamepaw are! Right?” He looked up eagerly. And Stoneymenteynettley was in a crouch! He jumped up and listened to his mentor, then tried the crouch again. It had to be even betterer than the last one, because he wasn’t on the ground! And what was a moose? And his paws were sliding! Again! And he was on the ground! Again! @Slushie
RC: Flintkit
WC: Frostedface, Weaselthorn, Ashkit
StC: Ravenpaw
Outsiders: Sammy, Cinderstripe

I'm open to rp any time! <3
I'm going through something hard right now, replies will be slow and possibly short.
Old January 20th, 2021, 06:12 PM
roar

[ @Phoenix Fall ]

"No. Rocks are the worst thing in the entire world. And if I hear one more mention of those two I will personally see to it that they aren't around to be talked about anymore. Understood?" Not that he would actually do anything to them. Not unless they did something to deserve it.

Another growl rumbled in his chest as Lightningpaw fell again. "Don't you know how to stand?" he snapped, drawing himself up to his full height. "I want you to put all thoughts of Flamepaw and Tigerkit and rocks and being the best out of your head. Focus on the task at paw and only the task at paw. Look at me. Copy what I'm doing, and do it right." Great skies, it was a simple hunter's crouch! It wasn't even that difficult!

Stonenettle slipped into the crouch again, not bothering to hide his seething scowl. He was this close from giving Lightningpaw a good smack upside the head. Maybe that would make something work.