Today 07:00 PM
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by Bean
Today 06:59 PM

Old November 12th, 2019, 12:06 AM

My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: RiverClan Apprentices' Den

The newly named Beetlepaw was still sulking about after being humiliated by her own brother at her ceremony, looking like a disheveled mess. Her eyes were still soft and watery, the fur on her cheeks damp and matted by old tears. The scrappy apprentice hung her head down to her paws as she shuffled miserably into the apprentices den, her tail dragging in the dirt behind her. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. she repeated feverishly in her head, struggling to swallow another onslaught of sobs. Why couldn't she just do something right for once? Every time she tried, his oaf of a brother would just come and knock it all down. What did Lionstar see in him that she didn't have? It just wasn't fair. Nothing was fair.

Beetlepaw hardly paid any mind to the other apprentices, she just wanted to slip into a nest and hide until she was forcefully pulled out by her tail. Where was her nest anyway? Whatever. She'd just hiss at whoever tried to kick her out. Sniveling a bit, she trudged over to a nest tucked away into a far corner of the den and pathetically plopped into it, burying herself until only her rear hung out. Finally..

@CasperCreates @Fuzzyfeline

Mistyfern / Sunspark

Finder
(character site is still a wip &
is probably missing information)
Old November 12th, 2019, 09:16 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno View Post
The newly named Beetlepaw was still sulking about after being humiliated by her own brother at her ceremony, looking like a disheveled mess. Her eyes were still soft and watery, the fur on her cheeks damp and matted by old tears. The scrappy apprentice hung her head down to her paws as she shuffled miserably into the apprentices den, her tail dragging in the dirt behind her. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. she repeated feverishly in her head, struggling to swallow another onslaught of sobs. Why couldn't she just do something right for once? Every time she tried, his oaf of a brother would just come and knock it all down. What did Lionstar see in him that she didn't have? It just wasn't fair. Nothing was fair.

Beetlepaw hardly paid any mind to the other apprentices, she just wanted to slip into a nest and hide until she was forcefully pulled out by her tail. Where was her nest anyway? Whatever. She'd just hiss at whoever tried to kick her out. Sniveling a bit, she trudged over to a nest tucked away into a far corner of the den and pathetically plopped into it, burying herself until only her rear hung out. Finally..

@CasperCreates @Fuzzyfeline
@Fuzzyfeline

Pigeonpaw was also moping about the punishments she had received, and how she was currently confined to camp, when she saw Beetlepaw enter. The cat looked even more upset than she herself did. She watched as the younger cat trudged over to an empty nest and nearly disappeared. Although she felt a little guilty for thinking it, the way Beetlepaw burrowed into her nest was just like a beetle. The gray she-cat stifled a chuckle. She wanted to make this new denmate feel welcome.

"Hey, Beetlepaw!" She chimed in, swallowing her pride and forgetting about her own self-pity. "Welcome to the apprentice's den! I'm Pigeonpaw." She gestured to herself with one polydactyl paw.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!

Last edited by pidgeon; November 12th, 2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old November 12th, 2019, 10:57 AM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired

@Dipper

Silverpaw pushed into the den, not even having the energy to keep her head up properly. I train all day, but it feels like I'm moving slower than an ant! Rainpaw and Nightwhisker had told her to not push herself, but they always took their sweet time on things- How would they know? And my sore paws are not helping! Silverpaw tried to settle in her nest, but her fur bristled when she tried to put down her paws. "Won't they ever just go back to normal?" she hissed under her breath.

Please click my eggs!

Old November 12th, 2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post
@Fuzzyfeline

Pigeonpaw was also moping about the punishments she had received, and how she was currently confined to camp, when she saw Beetlepaw enter. The cat looked even more upset than she herself did. She watched as the younger cat trudged over to an empty nest and nearly disappeared. Although she felt a little guilty for thinking it, the way Beetlepaw burrowed into her nest was just like a beetle. The gray she-cat stifled a chuckle. She wanted to make this new denmate feel welcome.

"Hey, Beetlepaw!" She chimed in, swallowing her pride and forgetting about her own self-pity. "Welcome to the apprentice's den! I'm Pigeonpaw." She gestured to herself with one polydactyl paw.
Beetlepaw poked her head out of the nest to leer at the cat that had greeted her, stray bits of moss tangled in tufts of her fur. Ugh. Another bird-brain come to bother me.. They looked innocent enough, though- probably only thought she needed some comfort. She scoffed at the thought. Softbellies. Why don't you just worry about yourself and leave me alone?

"Pigeonpaw, huh? Well GET LOST, feather-brain. If you haven't already noticed, I AM TRYING. TO. SLEEP!!" With a scathing hiss, she reburied her head into the nest and almost immediately felt a pang of regret. She was being awfully nasty.. Pigeonpaw was, at the very least, trying to be kind. Why was she like this? "And didn't you hear Lionstar? It's BUGpaw now." Beetlepaw moaned dejectedly after a moment of hesitation, her voice muffled.

Mistyfern / Sunspark

Finder
Old November 12th, 2019, 06:06 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Beetlepaw poked her head out of the nest to leer at the cat that had greeted her, stray bits of moss tangled in tufts of her fur. Ugh. Another bird-brain come to bother me.. They looked innocent enough, though- probably only thought she needed some comfort. She scoffed at the thought. Softbellies. Why don't you just worry about yourself and leave me alone?

"Pigeonpaw, huh? Well GET LOST, feather-brain. If you haven't already noticed, I AM TRYING. TO. SLEEP!!" With a scathing hiss, she reburied her head into the nest and almost immediately felt a pang of regret. She was being awfully nasty.. Pigeonpaw was, at the very least, trying to be kind. Why was she like this? "And didn't you hear Lionstar? It's BUGpaw now." Beetlepaw moaned dejectedly after a moment of hesitation, her voice muffled.
"Hey, I know you're having a rough time," Pigeonpaw started, feeling a little less patient than a moment ago. It's not like she hadn't already been insulted today. "But you're not the only apprentice who got humiliated today. You're not alone." Pigeonpaw thumped down into the nest next to Beetlepaw's. It was likely also worth noting that the gray tabby had not witnessed Beetlepaw's altercation with her brother. She and Graypaw had both fled into the apprentice's den in fury after Lionstar had finished publicly shaming them.

"I know Lionstar doesn't see much in us now, but that just means we have to prove him wrong!" She tried to sound encouraging. "We're in this together, okay? All of us "rejected" apprentices that he can't even be bothered to remember the names of. We've gotta look out for each other, you know."

Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old November 12th, 2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post
"Hey, I know you're having a rough time," Pigeonpaw started, feeling a little less patient than a moment ago. It's not like she hadn't already been insulted today. "But you're not the only apprentice who got humiliated today. You're not alone." Pigeonpaw thumped down into the nest next to Beetlepaw's. It was likely also worth noting that the gray tabby had not witnessed Beetlepaw's altercation with her brother. She and Graypaw had both fled into the apprentice's den in fury after Lionstar had finished publicly shaming them.

"I know Lionstar doesn't see much in us now, but that just means we have to prove him wrong!" She tried to sound encouraging. "We're in this together, okay? All of us "rejected" apprentices that he can't even be bothered to remember the names of. We've gotta look out for each other, you know."
Beetlepaw shot Pigeonpaw a vicious glare. "None of them had to watch their stinky furball of a brother get to be our leaders apprentice AND get completely humiliated when he beats you into the dirt in front of your entire clan." she snarled ruthlessly, her words dripping with spite. "And unlike all of you, I didn't even do anything wrong. I've always just gotten the tail-end of the mouse.." Her voice wavered and cracked. She was dangerously close to breaking out into tears again. "Well.." Beetlepaw sniffed, rubbing her nose with a paw. "You wouldn't understand.."

Mistyfern / Sunspark

Finder

Last edited by Jesse; November 12th, 2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old November 12th, 2019, 11:22 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyapan View Post
@Dipper

Silverpaw pushed into the den, not even having the energy to keep her head up properly. I train all day, but it feels like I'm moving slower than an ant! Rainpaw and Nightwhisker had told her to not push herself, but they always took their sweet time on things- How would they know? And my sore paws are not helping! Silverpaw tried to settle in her nest, but her fur bristled when she tried to put down her paws. "Won't they ever just go back to normal?" she hissed under her breath.
with a long stretch and a yawn, shiverpetal opened his eyes to the den that didn't really look like his own. in fact, he was fairly certain... it was the apprentices' den, and he nodded in sudden clarity. it was one of those days, in the before-times. beside him, a young she-cat settled into her nest, and he gave an amicable head-bob in greeting. "sup." shiverpaw hoped thistlestep wasn't going to ruin this nice day with calls to training, he was enjoying his nap time.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old November 13th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Lil gamer pup :3

Bump Policy: MIN: 6 hours ; MAX: 24 hours
My Mood: Sad

@Bliss Girl

Scarfang pushed his way into the den, scanning the nests. "Tigerpaw? Tigerpaw, are you in here?" The large dark brown tabby sat down, waiting for some kind of response from his son.

•••

"The worst part of dreaming is waking up."
Please bump me after 24hrs if I don't respond!
• sig icon by SqdPxl on deviantart •

Character Site
Old November 13th, 2019, 11:08 AM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Beetlepaw shot Pigeonpaw a vicious glare. "None of them had to watch their stinky furball of a brother get to be our leaders apprentice AND get completely humiliated when he beats you into the dirt in front of your entire clan." she snarled ruthlessly, her words dripping with spite. "And unlike all of you, I didn't even do anything wrong. I've always just gotten the tail-end of the mouse.." Her voice wavered and cracked. She was dangerously close to breaking out into tears again. "Well.." Beetlepaw sniffed, rubbing her nose with a paw. "You wouldn't understand.."
"Maybe I wouldn't exactly understand," Pigeonpaw sympathized. She hadn't realized just how difficult this new apprentice had it. She could sense every bit of loathing in the smaller she-cat's voice, and it stung her, even though it wasn't directed at her. "But I can try. I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you, because I want to make you feel welcome. I'm sorry your first day has gone so...badly." She truly wasn't sure what else to say to Beetlepaw. She figured the best thing she could do was offer her presence, and just be available for her new denmate if she needed a shoulder to cry on.

Old November 13th, 2019, 05:40 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebby View Post
@Bliss Girl

Scarfang pushed his way into the den, scanning the nests. "Tigerpaw? Tigerpaw, are you in here?" The large dark brown tabby sat down, waiting for some kind of response from his son.
Tigerpaw finished making his new nest when he heard the sound of his father's voice. He padded to his father with a smile. "Yeah Im here. I just finiehed making my bed.", the small tom replied. Lionstar had asked him to go to the apprentices den to make himself a nest, so he listened and thats what he did.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do