Last post by Honey Bee
Today 06:49 AM

Old October 15th, 2023, 10:12 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Lilypool

The molly sniffed softly as she waited, offering the tom a polite smile, shifting her paws slightly. She wanted to go hunting later, but she didn't want to do that while she was coughing and sneezing like a fool. It was also a plus that the herb used to treat it, she had heard, was really good. "....Thanks" She said as she bent down to pick up the herbs in her mouth, chewing up. Scrunching her face up as the sweet and bitter taste filled her mouth, she wondered what the heck Cowtuft was talking about- this was not good. Swallowing the mouthful, she felt her body convulse as a sudden wave of pain hit her. Letting out a sharp choke, she keeled over, tears springing to her eyes, opening her mouth to ask Cowtuft what was going on when it felt like her body was on fire. Collapsing to the ground, twitching and jerking, she suddenly fell limp. "p...promi..." Darkness edged her vision and Lilypool let out one more strangled wheeze before falling into the blackness, body falling limp.

[ @xX ghostie Xx - rip lily o7 ]

Cloudpaw

Frowning slightly with annoyance as he was told to make Idiothead eat the plants, Cloudpaw prodded Ravenpaw's side. "How's she supposed to eat it if she's asleep?" He readied himself to stuff it down her throat if necessary, tipping his head to the side at Lightningpaw. Oh he wasn't going to get in trouble for this. "We weren't out together, I went a few fox-lengths from camp to get some fresh air and then I heard her screaming like crazy so I ran over to help her. I don't know what she was doing outside, probably doing something crazy."

[ @Alchemist Kitsune @Spooky.lemons~ @/ ghostieee sorry for the late/bad post hhh ]
Old October 16th, 2023, 06:29 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

[ I do apologise for how late this is! ]

Lightningpaw left. Quite curiously, for Hailpaw had never thought herself to be the curious type, she found her blue eyes following the probably younger apprentice’s form, as though wary of what she was doing… Or simply cautious as to what she may be getting. Stars above, those pesky other clanners had done a number on her, hadn’t they? If she couldn’t even trust the cats within her own clan. Then again, they had never done anything ti prove themselves worthy of her trust, so perhaps it was too misplaced.

Oh… The large cat spoke, the presumed head medicine cat of the clan. She couldn’t help the side-eye as he welcomed her home, causing only for more suspicion. She almost instinctively wanted to lift her leg but winced as it painfully reminded her of its broken state. What had she done to deserve this? Genuine the medicine cat may look, she couldn’t help the suspicion (and now pain) welling up inside her. Her face remained unchanged, fighting the twists of pain as she bit her lip and stubbornly refused to look anyone in the eye. How childish she was. She hated this.

Ah, mostly non-verbal, was he? It explained the quiet talking… But then why did he talk at all? Hailpaw couldn’t fathom it’d be to accommodate someone as unknowing as her. Not ever. And if it was then she’d simply feel stupid, put plainly, excuse how improper that sounds. Though it earned him a slight look up, a brief moment where she studied his face before casting her gaze back down.

Then Lightningpaw returned, whom the silver apprentice’s gaze silently followed. The piter pater of paw steps caught her ear and she couldn’t help the cautious glances up and around, defences on awfully high alert. That being said, she was beginning to take notice of their seeming inability to simply use… Their names. Like, full names. Instead they referred to each other as ‘Tufty’ and ‘Love’ and Hailpaw could simply feel herself crisp up in whatever this uncomfortable and disgusted feeling was. Weaselskip… She could never use her full name either. Memory of her former mentor left the apprentice feeling perplexed and frankly… Whatever. It didn’t matter. She was gone, again, had abandoned her once more never to return. What a mentor she was.

Distracted by overbearing thought, the silver feline hadn’t noticed the poppy seed being place in front of her until she pelt awfully awkward silently staring at Cowtuft chewing up… Something. Actually, she hadn’t even realised she’d been staring at his paws and not her own. Eyes focusing on the little black seed in front of her, she supposed she ought to eat it, but… You know, she didn’t quite feel comfortable doing so.

A hesitant glance was sent Twilightstar’s way, as though asking the leader for confirmation and permission to eat the little seed as was silently instructed, before she finally and very cautiously did. Swallowing was difficult, as though her body refused to eat the strange thing but she forced it down nonetheless – and thank goodness she did, because shortly after her wound stung with the unsanitary spit-poultice Cowtuft was putting all over her broken leg and wounds.

Although she’d hate to admit it, it stung. It stung badly and Hailpaw to hold her breath in order not to move and hide the pain she was experiencing until the little seed would kick in (although even a poppy seed wouldn’t save her from the upcoming pain of setting a leg straight, although they hadn’t reached that part yet).

Before she could wince the the leg-setting, Hailpaw was spoken to by Twilightstar herself, distracting the older apprentice while the seed and the medic worked its magic. It was evident; relief filled her gaze and momentarily relaxed her body when the WindClan leader declared she’d be allowed back to her home – back to WindClan. The tiniest upturning of her maw’s edge was shown, giving an elegant and light nod in response until she paused when the leader continued.

This is when the pain of the leg-setting kicked in, Hailpaw taking in a sharp breath all the while listening to Twilightstar. Her ear gave a flick. After the pain subsided, Hailpaw was silent for a short while. Her gaze drifted around the den as she took in what she’d just been offered. She felt… Nothing. Empty, almost, just at the thought of being given her warrior name just… Like that. Polite as she wanted to be, the graceful feline had to press her lips together and politely shake her head.
“Thank you; but I apologise, I cannot accept that. I cannot bear being an apprentice with a warrior’s name simply because of age, it is not… Proper. I ought to earn my name, as anyone has.”

That said, her mouth still half open, she fell silent for a moment as her mind processed the refusal of the one thing she’d been working towards her entire life. The only goal she’s ever had, in hopes of making her mother proud. And yet, an urge edged at her senses, a simple request she daren’t ask but felt she needed to.
“But… If I may be so bold… To request my name be changed. I no longer wish to be known as Hailpaw; I never was meant to be Hailpaw. Silverkit is how I was born, it is… What I’d rather be named now. Silverpaw. Hailpaw has never done me any favours.”

Neither has the name she was born with; and yet, it simply hurt too much to carry this name any longer. Whenever she heard it, whenever she thought of it, echoes of Weaselskip’s silly nicknames rung in her mind. She couldn’t bear it, it hurt too much. The abandonment, the betrayal. At least with Silverpaw… It could remind her of what her goal has always been; it could quit these distraction and, hopefully, put her back on the right path. The path she’s always meant to be on: the path of a warrior, regardless of what the clan thought of her.

Hesitantly, Hailpaw tore her gaze away from the ground, now long ignoring what was happening around her as she dared look Twilightstar in the eye. Would be approve of such a request? Hailpaw never would be able to explain why, why she would chose a name of neglect over that of abandonment. Or perhaps she did know; abandonment hurt more than neglect ever did, neglect had only pushed her towards her goals. That is why.

[I totally forgot about this! But you can submit Silver to WindClan, Estelle, if you have a particular mentor you want for her put it your submission.]
Twilightstar watched the healing process with an observant glint in her eye. Her gaze was primarily stationed on Hailpaw who seemed ever so uncomfortable with all of this. She was a tad worried about how she'd adjust to clan life with her clear distrust for other cats. Twilightstar gave a light, encouraging nod as Hailpaw turned to her with a questioning shine in her gaze when the poppy seeds were placed in front of her. This was certainly going to be an adjustment period for her.

After obtaining a positive response to returning but a negative to the new name, Twilightstar listened as Hailpaw explained her reasoning for rejecting her offer. Although she wasn't happy with the rejection, she understood Hailpaw's reasoning. "If that's what you wish, then I'll allow it." Twilightstar meowed with a slow blink of her eye.

The additional name request was a bit of a surprise. Twilightstar didn't normally give out name changes unless she found they were needed. Names were important amongst the clan and it was considered disrespectful to ask for a new name and to reject what the Clan leader has chosen for you. Hailpaw's reasoning for changing her name wasn't great, she didn't understand how her name connected to favors, but after everything Hailpaw's been through asking for a name change seemed fair.

"Alright, from this moment on you'll be known as Silverpaw." Twilightstar told her. The Clan leader got to her paws and stretched. "With your return I'll have to look into your mentor, but for now, feel free to rest. I'll inform the clan about your return at the upcoming meeting. I won't pick out your mentor until you've recovered from your injuries, so if you think of someone you'd be more comfortable training with let me know." Many of the cats came and went with the flow of time, it was likely that Silverpaw would have to train with someone she wasn't completely familar with, but so was the life of a clan cat.

She diverted her attention to Cowtuft as he began to sign something. A bit of it went over her head, but it seemed that Silverpaw was free to leave the den if she so wished once Lightingpaw was done with her. "Do you want to come with me, I can show you where all the dens are located in camp and then you can rest in the apprentice den?"
@Alchemist Kistune @xX ghostie Xx

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old October 16th, 2023, 10:49 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 26 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge ₊˚੭
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧─ ────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @poppy.

The medicine cat blinked slowly at Lilypool's scrunched up face. He's seen many reactions to eating catmint but never one of such distaste. Cowtuft tilted his head slightly to the side, eyebrows furrowing close together. "Everythin' ..alright miss..?" He signed, nervousness beginning to spike in his chest. It turned to concerning to worse face as the molly started to kneel over, limbs beginning to twitch and spasm. "Lilypool..?" A sharp yelp escapes him and he stumbles over to her side, fluffy tail swishing back and forth worriedly. He didn't know what was going on. He's never seen something like,,, this.

It was if death had her by her throat and within minutes she was gone. Cowtuft stood still. It was a cold. Was it not? Her symptoms were light and she was functioning fine. His heart thumps loudly in his chest as memories of sick bodies against his den's floor flashed in his mind. Sudden deaths, the coughing, the hopelessness. A chill rolls down his spine. Again? Could it be happening again?

He shakes his head back and forth. He couldn't risk a proper burial if she could be infectious. He needed to check over the rest of his clanmates,, If something was happening, he would stop it before it become too much. Cowtuft leaned down and grabbed ahold of her scruff. (He tried not think of Wrenfeather and Hawkkit while he carried Lilypool's body away.)

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; October 16th, 2023 at 10:50 PM.
Old October 18th, 2023, 03:02 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Dapplebreeze |

A small purr escaped the older molly at the apprentice's words. Lightningpaw had always been a bit on the teasing side, no matter who she was talking with. She sometimes wondered what the calico would have been like as a warrior. She certainly had the strength of character, and the banter that would no doubt have helped her perhaps confuse opponents while she struck at them. It wasn't her preferred method of fighting. Wasted too much energy and not enough blood, but she had seen it used effectively. Still, if Cowtuft was to have picked as willy and rambunctious an apprentice as her, she was glad that the young one had taken her job seriously. Her training in earnest.

"I have, my dear. But... I'm afraid my appetite. Well... It's rather gone again. I do hate to bother you, but I do recall a rather stern order to come by if the symptoms returned or persisted," the molly mewed, offering an apologetic look at the apprentice. She knew it was the spotted one's job, and she felt quite terrible about the bother, but frankly, after having seen her reaction towards Firestorm's own neglect to follow through with check ups, she would rather stay the wind and travel on the safer path.

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old October 20th, 2023, 05:53 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

~~Tigermist~~

{ @xX ghostie Xx @Alchemist Kitsune }

(Sorry if this is bad and if I made a mistake! But Tigermist is pregnant)

Tigermist slowly stumbled into the med den, feeling sick. She had been feeling sick recently. Pain has been bugging her, and she has been snapping at cats more. Maybe something was wrong? "Cowtuft... Lightningstorm... Something is wrong with me..." She managed out of her mouth, feeling bile rise in her throat again, but swallowed it down fast.

help choose my new cat's clan

◺--------------◿
Old October 21st, 2023, 09:56 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningpaw |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Active

A deadpanned look crossing the molly's face at the apprentice's words, she turned her attention to him momentarily, blue eyes meeting his similarly colored hues. "Stuff it down her throat if you must. Get creative, or has your imagination left you alongside your nursery days? Here. Coax her mouth to move slowly, like so," the molly responded, her voice calmer than her words suggested as she placed the herb carefully inside the unconscious apprentice's maw before closing it, attempting to help Ravenpaw chew with careful motions of her paws to grind down the herb with her teeth. "She should swallow them naturally after a while, but if she don't, let me know."

As Cloudpaw explained the situation, Lightningpaw found herself frowning once more, this time with concern. Evidently the fluffy tom had about the same amount of information in his grasp as she did, so until they managed to stabilize the dark apprentice, they might not glean any knowledge on what transpired while she was out of camp. Her own poultice done, she remained quiet, working on fixing the worst of the wounds the injured apprentice had in display. Or at least so she had planned on doing. She hadn't the foggiest when he'd arrived at the scene, silent as he used to be. But she was grateful. Incredibly so as she watched him dab a poultice that smelled heavily of the comfrey he had asked for not too long ago. The spotted lass wasn't overly familiar with the herb, but evidently it would be useful here if the black and white tom deemed it useful now.

"Thank you," she mewed in earnest, taking care of the remaining poultice and applying it generously, hoping this would be enough to stabilize her. As she worked, she spoke up once more, again directing her questions at the white furred apprentice. "Is there nothing that stood out from what she said when you found her?" she asked, one final attempt to gain any information at all before dismissing the indifferent tom, assuming her mentor still had nothing else to discuss with him.

-

@xX ghostie Xx [Cowtuft] | @poppy. [Cloudpaw]

Old October 24th, 2023, 05:22 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Treatment continued. She had to grit her teeth against the dull pain of her paw being set straight. Then, Lightningpaw took over from the medicine cat. It wasn't the most reassuring, seemingly being a test subject, but who was she to judge? Hailpaw knew nearly nothing about herbs, in fact, she knew nothing about the matter, as opposed to Lightningpaw... For once in her life she had to trust the cat knew what she was doing, and that the other would step in as soon as something might go wrong.

Even when the medicine cat apprentice had to get up close and personal, much to her other apprentice's dismay, Hailpaw bit her tongue and kept quiet, tensely letting the calico keep working on her facial wounds, only shamefully flinching at the occasional touch. She didn't like all this, but it was better than getting infected and dying, she supposed. She couldn't be that easy to kill, after all.

Twilightstar spoke, and with more hope than she'd like to admit did her ears turn the leader's way. She allowed it... Twilightstar respected her decision to deny an instant warrior name and accepted her request to be once again known as Silverpaw. Her rightful name. She felt... Surprised, almost, but some part of her was grateful all the same. She was in her clan, in her home, and she could forget all about Weaselskip's betrayal.

Silverpaw swallowed, paws itching to move but she forced them still, a tingle of nerves running down her spine. Listening to the leader, she gave a slow nod after Lightningpaw had hopefully given her some space.
"...I would appreciate that greatly."
The silver apprentice politely replied with a slow nod, eyes resting on the leader's paws before lifting to catch a glimpse of her face.

So much had happened... So much ought to have changed. It felt like she'd been gone for a lifetime. Turning Cowtuft's and Lightningpaw's ways, she silently wondered if this whole touchy business was done, and if she could leave.

[ @Moonraven @wolfie @Alchemist Kitsune - Thank you!! And sorry about the sudden name change request, it just wouldn't have made sense for her not to ask it ahah ]

Old October 27th, 2023, 06:39 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

Fretting over herbs that she found herself without, Lightningstorm hovered over the herb storage, still at a loss as to what had caused those herbs to spoil so fast. That odd, sweet, scent that had clung to them even amidst the reek of rot. There were still herbs to be counted on, thankfully, but the medicine cat was already making a mental list of what herbs to send out for in the next batch of patrols. Her mind focused on its task as it was, the lithe calico almost missed the call. A gratingly familiar voice calling out to either her mentor or herself.

The healer found herself uncertain if her mentor was in the den with her or not. The black and white tom had given her much more liberties ever since she had earned her name, and the omen had shaken him to his core. Much more than it had herself... albeit perhaps that rested in the fact that his faith in the old gray-pelts in the sky was much more potent than hers. She wouldn't say she didn't believe in them. She wasn't so ignorant as to deny what she had experienced with her own two eyes. The molly simply thought that they didn't know what they spoke of half the time, and the half time they did know what they were speaking of was simply because they were trying to tie in half arsed prophecies and omens into events that had come to pass regardless of their cryptic messages. With a sigh, the oriental mix got up, ready to meet with Tigermist at the den's entrance chamber. Much as she disliked the molly, she had no intention of denying her knowledge to anyone. That would make her become what she so loathed, and the she-cat refused to stoop to such levels.

For a moment, the young medicine cat took pause. The orange tabby pelt and green eyes bringing to mind yet another troublesome patient, albeit that one's expertise lay more in her inability to lay still and actually take some her time. A quick assessment of Tigermist's physique done as soon as she entered the entrance chamber, Lightningstorm took note of no outwardly obvious signs of injury or distress. The warrior looked perfectly fine, if perhaps a bit tired and a hint rounder than when she'd seen her last. Her face a mask of professional curiosity, the spotted feline proceeded to circle the tabby, ears perked up as she allowed her nose to attempt and pick up the scent of disease or infection to no avail.

"I can spot nothing instantly troubling. You say you feel... wrong, was it? Could you go into further detail? What is it you feel? Have you done something out of the ordinary of late? Eaten some food past its prime? Drunk from the pool at Twilight Falls?" the healer asked, stepping in closer as she raised a paw, a quiet question for permission to prod at her joints and stomach in an attempt to find something out of place that might give a clue as to what was troubling her so.

@pumpkinbubble. [Tigermist]

Old October 27th, 2023, 07:00 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |

Fretting over herbs that she found herself without, Lightningstorm hovered over the herb storage, still at a loss as to what had caused those herbs to spoil so fast. That odd, sweet, scent that had clung to them even amidst the reek of rot. There were still herbs to be counted on, thankfully, but the medicine cat was already making a mental list of what herbs to send out for in the next batch of patrols. Her mind focused on its task as it was, the lithe calico almost missed the call. A gratingly familiar voice calling out to either her mentor or herself.

The healer found herself uncertain if her mentor was in the den with her or not. The black and white tom had given her much more liberties ever since she had earned her name, and the omen had shaken him to his core. Much more than it had herself... albeit perhaps that rested in the fact that his faith in the old gray-pelts in the sky was much more potent than hers. She wouldn't say she didn't believe in them. She wasn't so ignorant as to deny what she had experienced with her own two eyes. The molly simply thought that they didn't know what they spoke of half the time, and the half time they did know what they were speaking of was simply because they were trying to tie in half arsed prophecies and omens into events that had come to pass regardless of their cryptic messages. With a sigh, the oriental mix got up, ready to meet with Tigermist at the den's entrance chamber. Much as she disliked the molly, she had no intention of denying her knowledge to anyone. That would make her become what she so loathed, and the she-cat refused to stoop to such levels.

For a moment, the young medicine cat took pause. The orange tabby pelt and green eyes bringing to mind yet another troublesome patient, albeit that one's expertise lay more in her inability to lay still and actually take some her time. A quick assessment of Tigermist's physique done as soon as she entered the entrance chamber, Lightningstorm took note of no outwardly obvious signs of injury or distress. The warrior looked perfectly fine, if perhaps a bit tired and a hint rounder than when she'd seen her last. Her face a mask of professional curiosity, the spotted feline proceeded to circle the tabby, ears perked up as she allowed her nose to attempt and pick up the scent of disease or infection to no avail.

"I can spot nothing instantly troubling. You say you feel... wrong, was it? Could you go into further detail? What is it you feel? Have you done something out of the ordinary of late? Eaten some food past its prime? Drunk from the pool at Twilight Falls?" the healer asked, stepping in closer as she raised a paw, a quiet question for permission to prod at her joints and stomach in an attempt to find something out of place that might give a clue as to what was troubling her so.

@pumpkinbubble. [Tigermist]
(So sorry for the short post! I am watching the fnaf movie!)

*Tigermist said she had been just feeling nauseous and had been experiencing mood swings*

*She suddenly felt like she was gonna throw up, her body jerking*

help choose my new cat's clan

◺--------------◿
Old October 30th, 2023, 09:17 AM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

A small giggle escaped the younger medicine cat, thoroughly amused with the older molly's choice of words. Lightningstorm did remember Dapplebreeze as that one queen in the nursery who was an admittedly bigger stick in the mud than she preferred, but at least she got things done. It seemed that extended to orders to come back if symptoms persisted, which is more than she expected of most warriors, if she were to be honest. With the admission done, however, the healer pushed forward the sorrel she had brought, offering a genuine smile at the former queen. There didn't seem to be any more symptoms other than the lack of hunger, which was a good thing. Perhaps the weakness and nausea had been brought about from Dapplebreeze's reluctance to eat in the first place? Stars knew that the healer herself sometimes felt a bit less inclined to eat after having skipped a meal or two due to her own work.

"And it's proper good you came by, innit? Got some nice herbs for you to munch on, and you'll be feeling better in no time. Do let me know if you start feeling the nausea and lack of strength again though. Don't think it's anything serious for now, seeing as how you seem better, but I've been wrong before, ya hear?" she purred, offering the molly a smirk.

"If that's all you are free to go. Make sure you eat something before heading out for the day. Otherwise you're going to be getting some mighty hunger pangs once your out and about, and trust me when I tell ya those get old real swift like," the healer added in a slight, teasing tone before dismissing the senior warrior, her cheeky smirk widening as Dapplebreeze shook her head with amusement before heading back to work.