Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > StarClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Lucythecat
Today 09:30 AM
WindClan Apprentices' Den
by Ian
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 09:12 AM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:11 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 08:58 AM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM

Old February 17th, 2020, 06:38 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Dream Sweet in Sea Major [private]

*•.¸♡ 𝓐𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑒𝒹𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑒 𝒽𝓊𝓂𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝑒 ♡¸.•*
•♬•♫•. 𝒾𝓉 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒻𝓁𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 . . . 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝒶𝓎𝒷𝑒 𝓌𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓭𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 .•♫•♬•

Fawnsqueak's dreams weren't very vivid or interesting, most of the time. He couldn't even remember them when he woke up. Perhaps it was a lack of imagination or a lack of faith in otherworldly elements, but either way, his dreams weren't nearly as wild as what his more StarClan-inclined clanmates experienced. They were simply there and about as fascinating as a tuft of his own fur.

However, this particular cycle of sleep had lost its way somewhere along the course, completely veered off the trail to toss Fawnsqueak into an odd state of semi-consciousness and landed him right in the middle of a peaceful alcove that he'd never seen before. It was... foreign, this concept of self-awareness and control of his physical being while asleep. The level of realism was astounding, yet he wasn't tricked into believing it was synonymous with reality itself everything about this slipped an inch beyond impossibility. Despite it being a bit unnerving, he figured it wasn't the worst situation to be in because he could hear a lazy stream nearby and the overhanging tree wasn't bad either. Quite relaxing, really, and there was comfort in recognizing this was a dream. Ever-curious, Fawnsqueak rose to his paws and began treading through the soft grass to sniff around and explore.

@Dust

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; February 17th, 2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old February 17th, 2020, 07:30 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: Dream Sweet in Sea Major [private]

This area was so peaceful. Beautifully quiet and free from strife or worry.. It was a personal heaven for the former deputy. Taking a deep breath, the silver feline seemed to materialize into the lovely scene. The glittering of a false sun on the water and the gentle lapping of the river against the shore. The chilly shade that graced his pelt, granted by the branches of an overhead tree. It was a reminder of home, if anything.

Alone and Sublime...

Situated just opposite the alcove, where Fawnsqueak had risen, was Frostflight, icy eyes intently focused on the water flowing in front of his paws. With a sudden and sharp breath, the felines upper body disappeared into the stream - much like that of a duck - for a few moments, before he resurfaced with a plump trout between his maw. Water dripped from his whiskers, disappearing as they reached the ground. Giving a vicious shake of his pelt, a grin lolled across his features as he turned away from the river to venture further into the alcove. Just as he was about to settle down within a soft clump of ferns, his eyes wandered a few paces away onto a familiar looking pelt. The fish found it's way quickly to the ground as Frostflight's mouth hung agape. It wasn't that he was surprised to see the other, in fact, as Frostflight stared for a moment longer his eyes welled with grief.. regret.. but also admiration.

"Fawnsqueak?" Frostflight mused for a moment, taking a few steps forward to get a better look at the warrior. "It's been a hot minute, hasn't it?" He gestured to the trout just a few pawsteps away,

"Would you like to sit and share a meal for a moment?"

@Dipper

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; February 17th, 2020 at 07:31 PM.
Old February 18th, 2020, 09:32 PM
the stars are aligned

Fawnsqueak pawed at the greenery, conflicted by its lush state in the middle of leaf-bare and how real everything felt, like he was actually in this unfamiliar alcove. Confusion aside, it was an exciting prospect to have self-awareness while unconscious as he pondered the possibility of exploring further, finding out precisely how far this stretched. Leaning down, he sniffed at a peculiar flower and drew a deep inhale, sneezing after a second of his nose wiggling in anticipation.

He wasn't expecting a sudden voice, much less one speaking his name. He jolted, and in surprise, nearly lost his balance into the undergrowth. Picking himself up with a couple licks to his chest, he searched the clearing for the source and froze upon seeing it was Frostflight. But he forced his hackles to lie flat after a second of consideration, noting this was a dream. It was a dream, and therefore wasn't real, had no effect on reality. It was something his unconscious mind had generated. "Frostfl- fall? Flight? Uh, sorry.. I'm new at this." He hadn't even realized he could talk in the dream, that alone was different than his usual sleepy cognitions. Fawnsqueak's breath hitched as he neared him, and he stood rigid, tensed. "Y-yeah? Kind of. When I saw you again, I thought you'd be... I don't know, more-- abnormal? Wait, am I you?" This was a dream, and it was technically his mind in control. Perplexing...

"..Sure." Thickly swallowing, he approached the catch and sniffed it, then blinked at the smell. "Wow, it's like an actual fish." His marveling was cut short with an embarrassed cough before he remembered he didn't need to be embarrassed. Dream-Frostflight wasn't going to judge him. Probably. Noticing the stream close by, he asked, "Did... you catch this? Or was it here?.. Do you even have to catch food in a dream or can I just, think it up?"

@Dust

Old February 19th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Mama Dust

Frostflight simply watched in amusement as Fawnsqueak stumbled over his words. It was comforting to see the other again, despite how he had left things with him. "Abnormal?" Frostflight tilted his head to side, clearly confused. "What do you mean abnormal?" The feline gave himself a quick once-over, just to make sure everything was ok! Any missing fur? No. Chipped claws? Nope. Scars? Scarred up. Still, as Fawksqueak continued Frostflight had to force himself to stifle a chuckle,

"Are you ok, Fawnsqueak? I'm pretty sure I'm me.. and you're you. You aren't running a fever, are you?" Though slightly bewildered, Frostflight simply dismissed the strange behavior with a flick of his tail. His attention was focused on this fish! The nice plump trout, freshly plucked from the river! Following swiftly after Fawnsqueak, the feline took his place once again by the sprouting ferns. Plopping down onto his bottom, Frostflight extended a single claw and twirled the fish around, so the meatiest part was now in front of Fawn, leaving himself the tail end. Given the circumstances, his once piqued appetite was no more... and truthfully, he didn't find himself getting hungry often. At this point it was more of a formality. Settling down onto his belly now, Frostflight dipped his head as to allow Fawnsqueak the first bite. Though, icy eyes focused on the other as they began to speak, a lopsided grin finding its way to his own maw,

"Of course it's an actual fish, I caught it right over th-" Oh. Now the strange questions made sense. Fawnsqueak thought this was a dream! Well, Frostflight wasn't sure the technicalities of whether or not he was a dream... whether this was all a dream. He felt alive... er... as alive as a dead cat could feel. How in StarClan's name would he explain that to Fawn? Surely he could handle that? Frostflight had always found the other to be quite level-headed and, for lack of a better word, logical, so hopefully he would understand.

"Oh.. Erm.." Frostflight trailed off for a moment, "This isn't necessarily a dream. I suppose. Well, you're asleep I imagine and hopefully not dead." Oof. No. Bad explanation, stop talking Frost. The feline shook his head, "Wait, no.. You're not, I'm sorry I just-" He sighed, "How do I reword that mess but.. StarClan? I don't know.. This is all still quite new to me, so I'm not... sure..." Frostflight brought his icy gaze upwards to meet Fawnsqueak's, uncertainty tainting his expression, "...how it works."

@Dipper

Last edited by Dust; February 19th, 2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old February 28th, 2020, 01:54 PM
the stars are aligned

Oh, maybe Frostflight wouldn't know. "With the way you were acting before you died--?" Fawnsqueak proposed, gaze sweeping over him with hesitance before he brightened upon registering Frostflight's leg. "Oh hey, you got your leg back!" Or rather, he was dreaming of Frostflight with his limbs intact, which he was grateful for since the alternative sent shivers down his spine. "What?" He blinked. "Yeah, I'm... okay, sort of-- I'm not sick or anything. I guess it's stupid because you might not understand anyway, being a part of a dream, but if it is a dream, I'm technically both of us. I think..?" The concept was abstract and tough to grasp for Fawnsqueak who'd never had reason to consider in detail before.

As he was given the first bite, a swell of warmth surged in his chest, throat tight. Letting out a small 'thank you' mangled by emotion, Fawnsqueak took a bite from the fish and retracted to chew and swallow, perplexed by its realistic taste.. texture, everything. It was fresh and truly like Frostflight had just caught the thing like he'd claimed.

Frostflight's stilted explanation had his eyebrows raising. He was dubious, a believer in the tangible, yet he could recognize there was something beyond it as proven by his father's lives experience aligning with Lionstar's. "So.. uh," he tried to formulate a response, "I am dreaming-- I mean, assuming I didn't die." Yes, he was fairly certain he was dreaming. It was a dream, not death. But if this was death, it wasn't nearly as... bleak as he'd expected it'd be. In thought, Fawnsqueak gave the area another once-over, his jaw working with no noise coming. "This is... StarClan, then?" He awaited a confirmation, still skeptical. "I'm actually in StarClan?" It sounded dumb even to his own ears, but this was overwhelming. "I can visit this place in a dream?" It wasn't unheard of, but more commonly happened in the Starcave-- he didn't think it was even plausible elsewhere. "It's just like, the real forest. Only quieter. ...I don't get why I'm here, though."

@Dust

Old March 25th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Mama Dust

Frostflight couldn't figure out why Fawnsqueak was here either. Company had been wanted, though not expected. Come to think of it, he didn't want a companion that made the guilt and regret rise like bile in his throat. Actually, maybe that was the point. The thought was only solidified by Fawn's questioning of his behavior during life. "I.." Sparing a glance at the fish, Frostflight felt his appetite whittle away into a lingering nausea,

"I wanted to apologize to you, Fawnsqueak. A long time ago but... what I did- no, what I said to you was out of line. I was pining for Lionstar's approval. My ego was bruised that day and what I said to you, called you, was unacceptable. I was acting selfishly. With that look he gave me, I know now that I was after something that was unobtainable..." He trailed off for a moment, his mind wandering those last few moments. No, it wasn't important anymore.

"I was running away from my friends, myself, to be with a clan I didn't even know. I thought I would be safe from the embarrassment of leaving, but we know how that went." Frostflight gave a breathy chuckle, "In retrospect, I deserved what I got. They were my decisions. I'm sorry I caught you up in my spite - You never deserved that."

Frostflight solemnly dipped his head, "I respect you as a warrior and, more importantly, as a friend. I can only hope that you can forgive me." If not for the gentle lapping of the river, the silence that followed would be deafening. His breath was held, waiting for Fawnsqueak's response, if there was any at all. Regardless, all the cards were on the table. Tensed shoulders felt a bit lighter.

"Do you remember that night? The night we saw the deer?" Icy eyes rose in an attempt to meet Fawnsqueak's gaze, a mournful fondness flooding his expression. "I wish I could go back to that night and redo it all again. Hmm..." Frostflight closed his eyes in recollection, letting out a contemplative sigh.

"I won't keep you any longer. Safe travels, Fawnsqueak." And with that, Frostflight was gone with the blink of an eye.

[Sorry the wait was too long! I wanted to go ahead and wrap this up. Feel free to reply if you would like <3 ]
[ @Dipper ]