Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How does WCO see you?
Last post by Morrigan
Today 04:00 AM
Secrets of Past Generations
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:44 AM
The House of Horrors...
by Dust
Last post by Dust
Today 01:31 AM
Converting your YouTube...
by nyx
Last post by Seamrog
Today 01:12 AM
Cutest Warrior Name?
by blxze.
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 01:03 AM

Old December 27th, 2017, 02:48 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang was just getting back from gathering herbs near the camp. His jaws were loaded up with thick, stocky plants covered in yellow flowers, the last of the broom plants he'd find this year. But it was a good haul. Seeing that the entrance to the den was being plugged by a cat, the old tom shoved past with a grunt. "Watch it!" me growled as best he could with his full jaws. Pushing past, he dropped the herbs on the ground next to his herb wall and fixed his eye on the cat at the entrance. He was an apprentice for sure, but what was his name? Not only that, but at first glance he couldn't see anything immediately wrong with the younger cat. "Grousepaw, right? What is it?" said the old tome, getting right to the point.
Gorsepaw wobbled and stumbled to the side when Shinefang shoved her. Really? I honestly expected him to be nicer than this! she complained but didn't say it out loud. "Sorry. Umm I'm Gorsepaw. There's...my tail...it's...a bit..." The brown tabby kept changing the words in her sentence, struggling to explain it and hesitant to get right to the point. "Basically, I got it stuck in a gap in a rock. I pulled it out and, well, look..." The Molly turned to show Shinefang her tail, sticking out at a weird angle, blood oozing from a deep wound and three quarters of her fur missing. It was also kind of swollen. "What can you do? Can you fix it? Cranberrypaw said it might have to be amputated..." Gorsepaw mewed anxiously, fully aware of the medicine cat's eyes staring at her.
Old December 27th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
@Charmer
"Not to be rude, but i would rather get a second look by a medicine cat that hasnt recently been apprenticed," they replied bluntly. while they respected the two medcats, they only knew basics of things, it could never be to much caution to get a second look. and like many cats have told them, they should take care f their health, so they were going to. they could sense a bit of tension in the air with juniperpaws words, eyeing her out of the corner of their eye with a distant look. what was up with her? it wasnt hard to hide things from daydream, they could read people pretty easily.

"yeah, i know we came here for herbs. never thought youd be the one telling me to stay on track," they replied. juniper was always one to be social and almost hyper active when it came to others, and the fact that the subject changed to quickly was another red flag. hmm.

they scuffed the ground, placing herbs in a single pile, taking a bit more since shinefang had offered. they looked towards nightpaw, not wanting her to feel left out,"want to help me organize these?"
@AbsurdJinx

Shinefang gave a small shrug. "Suit yourself," he said simply. It didn't bother him if the Shadowclan cat wanted someone more trusted to look them over. He knew he was doing well here, and that's all that mattered. Besides, doing this work now was just as much for him as it was for Daydream. If his paws stopped moving, that's when he would see Acornpaw's face, dosing off to sleep peacefully as he assured him he'd be just fine in the morning. This wasn't the first time he had suffered a loss. He would handle this one the way he'd handled all the rest. When you're too busy to think, you don't have to think. He worked in silence, giving a slight nod as Juniperpaw compliment his work. "Yes, herbs," Shinefang said, backing away from Daydream, the wound tended to his satisfaction. "As I said, you're free to take what you like. I only ask that you leave us some catmint. The only plant on our territory is a sad thing on the former Dusk Syndicate border. Then I suppose you'll be on your way." Shinefang turned his attention to his herb shelves, and the piles the younger cats had made to help clean up the mess. Embarrassed all over again, he began placing the herbs in the proper spots, trying to make his mind go blank so he wouldn't see the younger tom's face.

"Ok, Daydream," Nightpaw replied, happy to have something to do. Going up to a small pile of scattered leaves, she stuck her nose close to it to try and sort it by scent like Juniperpaw said. A tiny shard of leaf flew up and tickled her nose and she sneezed, scattering the pile. "Oh..." she said in surprise and frustration, using her paws to gather up the pile again.

Old December 28th, 2017, 04:59 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@king kaleb! @Charmer

Juniperpaw stood uneasily at the entrance to the SkyClan medicine den, her thoughts jumbled as she silently debated what her next move would be. She didn't want to be the one to break the news to Daydream, and she didn't want to reveal the news in front of Shinefang nor Nightpaw, both were cats who barely knew Geckoleaf and just wouldn't understand. She glanced over her shoulder, a guilty expression stretched across her face. Juniperpaw felt her heart beat quickly with fear and she cowered slightly from where she stood, blocking the entrance.

Finally, with all the courage left in Juniperpaw's body, the young feline breathed, ``Daydream.`` She could barely look at the ShadowClan medicine cat who had looked to Geckoleaf as a mother-figure. Sadness flooded Juniperpaw's green eyes and she was reminded of all the hardship she'd endured. She couldn't bring herself to stand anymore, her wobbly legs threatening to collapse, so she crouched down and looked her friend, Daydream, in the eye no matter how difficult it was. Would Daydream still be a friend after this? Juniperpaw was very much aware of Shinefang and Nightpaw who would be there to witness everything. I should've told them sooner, she thought guiltily as she realized she's been keeping this incredibly important secret for quite a while. She felt ill. ``I- Geckoleaf's disappeared.``

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; December 28th, 2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old December 28th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Gorsepaw wobbled and stumbled to the side when Shinefang shoved her. Really? I honestly expected him to be nicer than this! she complained but didn't say it out loud. "Sorry. Umm I'm Gorsepaw. There's...my tail...it's...a bit..." The brown tabby kept changing the words in her sentence, struggling to explain it and hesitant to get right to the point. "Basically, I got it stuck in a gap in a rock. I pulled it out and, well, look..." The Molly turned to show Shinefang her tail, sticking out at a weird angle, blood oozing from a deep wound and three quarters of her fur missing. It was also kind of swollen. "What can you do? Can you fix it? Cranberrypaw said it might have to be amputated..." Gorsepaw mewed anxiously, fully aware of the medicine cat's eyes staring at her.
(Shinefang probably isn’t going to go straight to amputation from that, so he’ll soend some time trying to save it).

Shinefang padded around the apprentice to see the tail for himself. Sure enough, there was a nice chunk fur missing and a pretty deep wound in the swollen tissue. He couldn’t say for sure if it was broken though, and couldn’t tell from just looking here in the den enterance. “Well get on in then and let me have a better look,” he said, pointing to a nest with his own tail.

Old December 29th, 2017, 05:24 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
(Shinefang probably isn’t going to go straight to amputation from that, so he’ll soend some time trying to save it).

Shinefang padded around the apprentice to see the tail for himself. Sure enough, there was a nice chunk fur missing and a pretty deep wound in the swollen tissue. He couldn’t say for sure if it was broken though, and couldn’t tell from just looking here in the den enterance. “Well get on in then and let me have a better look,” he said, pointing to a nest with his own tail.
(Okay. As long as she ends up with a little stump tail I don't mind)
Gorsepaw let out a quiet sigh of relief as ShineFang invited her further into his den. The brown tabby was still trembling from the shock. ShineFang examined her tail more closely, narrowing his eyes then grunted and turned away. Do what you must...just make my tail somewhat normal! The apprentice couldn't see what the medicine cat was doing but she could hear him shuffling around and picking out herbs from neat little piles to put into a poultice. Gorsepaw recognised some of the more simpler herbs such as marigold and cobwebs and maybe some poppy seeds. Her sister Ponderosapaw had taught her about all kinds of herbs and their uses. She spends a lot of time talking to elders and different cats and spends a lot of time in the territory locating herb spots. I don't really blame her...Ponderosapaw is a bit of an attention seeker
Old December 29th, 2017, 02:30 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
@AbsurdJinx

Shinefang gave a small shrug. "Suit yourself," he said simply. It didn't bother him if the Shadowclan cat wanted someone more trusted to look them over. He knew he was doing well here, and that's all that mattered. Besides, doing this work now was just as much for him as it was for Daydream. If his paws stopped moving, that's when he would see Acornpaw's face, dosing off to sleep peacefully as he assured him he'd be just fine in the morning. This wasn't the first time he had suffered a loss. He would handle this one the way he'd handled all the rest. When you're too busy to think, you don't have to think. He worked in silence, giving a slight nod as Juniperpaw compliment his work. "Yes, herbs," Shinefang said, backing away from Daydream, the wound tended to his satisfaction. "As I said, you're free to take what you like. I only ask that you leave us some catmint. The only plant on our territory is a sad thing on the former Dusk Syndicate border. Then I suppose you'll be on your way." Shinefang turned his attention to his herb shelves, and the piles the younger cats had made to help clean up the mess. Embarrassed all over again, he began placing the herbs in the proper spots, trying to make his mind go blank so he wouldn't see the younger tom's face.

"Ok, Daydream," Nightpaw replied, happy to have something to do. Going up to a small pile of scattered leaves, she stuck her nose close to it to try and sort it by scent like Juniperpaw said. A tiny shard of leaf flew up and tickled her nose and she sneezed, scattering the pile. "Oh..." she said in surprise and frustration, using her paws to gather up the pile again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@king kaleb! @Charmer

Juniperpaw stood uneasily at the entrance to the SkyClan medicine den, her thoughts jumbled as she silently debated what her next move would be. She didn't want to be the one to break the news to Daydream, and she didn't want to reveal the news in front of Shinefang nor Nightpaw, both were cats who barely knew Geckoleaf and just wouldn't understand. She glanced over her shoulder, a guilty expression stretched across her face. Juniperpaw felt her heart beat quickly with fear and she cowered slightly from where she stood, blocking the entrance.

Finally, with all the courage left in Juniperpaw's body, the young feline breathed, ``Daydream.`` She could barely look at the ShadowClan medicine cat who had looked to Geckoleaf as a mother-figure. Sadness flooded Juniperpaw's green eyes and she was reminded of all the hardship she'd endured. She couldn't bring herself to stand anymore, her wobbly legs threatening to collapse, so she crouched down and looked her friend, Daydream, in the eye no matter how difficult it was. Would Daydream still be a friend after this? Juniperpaw was very much aware of Shinefang and Nightpaw who would be there to witness everything. I should've told them sooner, she thought guiltily as she realized she's been keeping this incredibly important secret for quite a while. She felt ill. ``I- Geckoleaf's disappeared.``
"Of course, Ill make sure to leave Skyclan plenty," they replied. they didnt plan on running skyclan empty, afterall this was a very generous gift, and as rude as Daydream could be they respected the medcat for that. they turned to nightpaw, letting out a small chuckle as she sneezed. they leaned close to her, looking down towards the herb pile, "I like to separate them by the type of plant they are. flowers over here," they mewed, using a gentle paw to shift a golden looking flower over," leaves over here," again, using a paw but instead shifting a dock leaf over. they would each carry a pile home, and it seemed easier that way.

they stopped mid speech as juniperpaw said her word. they stood frozen for a second, letting their ears twitch, listening to make sure they heard her right. they stared at the floor, their gaze flickering to each cat in the room. soon, it had processed in their mind what she had said. missing? what did that mean? "What do you mean shes missing." daydream replied. their tone was a low growl, a tone they had never used anyone, a tone that youd only see in a cat that was ready to pounce on someone. they looked towards juniperpaw, amber hues no longer gentle as they were moments before helping nightpaw, instead in slit, curling their lip, "What do you mean.." they paused, voice cracking, "shes..missing."
Old December 29th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
@king kaleb! @Charmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
"Of course, Ill make sure to leave Skyclan plenty," they replied. they didnt plan on running skyclan empty, afterall this was a very generous gift, and as rude as Daydream could be they respected the medcat for that. they turned to nightpaw, letting out a small chuckle as she sneezed. they leaned close to her, looking down towards the herb pile, "I like to separate them by the type of plant they are. flowers over here," they mewed, using a gentle paw to shift a golden looking flower over," leaves over here," again, using a paw but instead shifting a dock leaf over. they would each carry a pile home, and it seemed easier that way.

they stopped mid speech as juniperpaw said her word. they stood frozen for a second, letting their ears twitch, listening to make sure they heard her right. they stared at the floor, their gaze flickering to each cat in the room. soon, it had processed in their mind what she had said. missing? what did that mean? "What do you mean shes missing." daydream replied. their tone was a low growl, a tone they had never used anyone, a tone that youd only see in a cat that was ready to pounce on someone. they looked towards juniperpaw, amber hues no longer gentle as they were moments before helping nightpaw, instead in slit, curling their lip, "What do you mean.." they paused, voice cracking, "shes..missing."
Shinefang turned turned away from his herbs, glancing back over his shoulder at Juniperpaw with a twitch of his ear. Surely he had heard that wrong. An old tom with bad hearing? Nothing new there. But unless Daydream had the same hearing problems he did at a much younger age, it seemed he had heard right. He turned around as he gave a small shake of his head. "Since when?" he asked, his voice grave and even, no emotion as he tried to coolly digest the sad new.

Nightpaw stood straight, her jaw down as she stared in shock at the medicine cat apprentice. She had known Geckoleaf from her time in the Riverclan medicine den when Shadowclan flooded. Daydream had still cared for her most of the time, but she knew Geckoleaf well enough to know two things. First, they were a good medicine cat and a kind cat, and second, they were very important to Daydream. The black shecat turned toward her friend now, barely stifling the urge to flinch at the look of rage on their face. "Oh Daydream..." she said softly, slowly creeping a little closer, just to let the enby feel that she was there.

Old December 29th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
(Okay. As long as she ends up with a little stump tail I don't mind)
Gorsepaw let out a quiet sigh of relief as ShineFang invited her further into his den. The brown tabby was still trembling from the shock. ShineFang examined her tail more closely, narrowing his eyes then grunted and turned away. Do what you must...just make my tail somewhat normal! The apprentice couldn't see what the medicine cat was doing but she could hear him shuffling around and picking out herbs from neat little piles to put into a poultice. Gorsepaw recognised some of the more simpler herbs such as marigold and cobwebs and maybe some poppy seeds. Her sister Ponderosapaw had taught her about all kinds of herbs and their uses. She spends a lot of time talking to elders and different cats and spends a lot of time in the territory locating herb spots. I don't really blame her...Ponderosapaw is a bit of an attention seeker
Gathering the herbs for the poultice, Shinefang ripped a few stalks of flowers form the broom he had just brought back to the den. It was supposed to be good for broken bones. He couldn't tell just from looking at it if it was broken for sure because of the swelling, but the broom and comfrey should be able to help that, and the marigold would stave off infection. The medicine cat brought the herbs over and sat beside the apprentice to look at the tail again. "Hmmm," he hummed slightly, in thought. "How much does it hurt?" he asked, then without letting the apprentice know, he inched his paw forward and stood with his weight on the end of the apprentices tail. If there's nerve damage, he won't notice. If he feels it, it's probably just a flesh wound or small break.

Old December 29th, 2017, 09:07 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@king kaleb! @Charmer

Juniperpaw stared wide-eyed at Daydream who furiously stood before her. She did not know how to process their reaction or how to react to their reaction. She was frozen in shock, in fear, in guilt, in grief and so much more. The jumble of emotions were displayed brightly in her eyes which were lined with unshed tears. Juniperpaw stumbled backwards slightly at Daydream's fury, looking briefly to Shinefang when he asked the question she was dreading to hear. With a hesitant glance at Daydream, the medicine cat apprentice shakily answered, ``Geckoleaf went missing during the Gathering, when the Dusk Syndicate attacked. I- I haven't seen her since before the attack.``

She was reminded of the negativity between both her and Geckoleaf before her mentor's disappearance. Juniperpaw had been truly convinced Geckoleaf was disappointed in her, that she didn't exactly approve of or like her, and now she'd never be reassured that that was not the case. She could only hope that maybe Daydream didn't look at Juniperpaw now in the way she'd thought Geckoleaf had looked at her. Were they still friends and sibling-figures? What about Shinefang and Nightpaw - were they were still friends with her? Juniperpaw avoided looking at the older tomcat and the ShadowClan apprentice, anxious she'd find disappointment in their gazes. ``I'm sorry,`` she croaked while staring directly at the ground before her, muscles tense with unease.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; December 29th, 2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old December 29th, 2017, 10:57 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
@king kaleb! @Charmer

Juniperpaw stared wide-eyed at Daydream who furiously stood before her. She did not know how to process their reaction or how to react to their reaction. She was frozen in shock, in fear, in guilt, in grief and so much more. The jumble of emotions were displayed brightly in her eyes which were lined with unshed tears. Juniperpaw stumbled backwards slightly at Daydream's fury, looking briefly to Shinefang when he asked the question she was dreading to hear. With a hesitant glance at Daydream, the medicine cat apprentice shakily answered, ``Geckoleaf went missing during the Gathering, when the Dusk Syndicate attacked. I- I haven't seen her since before the attack.``

She was reminded of the negativity between both her and Geckoleaf before her mentor's disappearance. Juniperpaw had been truly convinced Geckoleaf was disappointed in her, that she didn't exactly approve of or like her, and now she'd never be reassured that that was not the case. She could only hope that maybe Daydream didn't look at Juniperpaw now in the way she'd thought Geckoleaf had looked at her. Were they still friends and sibling-figures? What about Shinefang and Nightpaw - were they were still friends with her? Juniperpaw avoided looking at the older tomcat and the ShadowClan apprentice, anxious she'd find disappointment in their gazes. ``I'm sorry,`` she croaked while staring directly at the ground before her, muscles tense with unease.
Quote:
Shinefang turned turned away from his herbs, glancing back over his shoulder at Juniperpaw with a twitch of his ear. Surely he had heard that wrong. An old tom with bad hearing? Nothing new there. But unless Daydream had the same hearing problems he did at a much younger age, it seemed he had heard right. He turned around as he gave a small shake of his head. "Since when?" he asked, his voice grave and even, no emotion as he tried to coolly digest the sad new.

Nightpaw stood straight, her jaw down as she stared in shock at the medicine cat apprentice. She had known Geckoleaf from her time in the Riverclan medicine den when Shadowclan flooded. Daydream had still cared for her most of the time, but she knew Geckoleaf well enough to know two things. First, they were a good medicine cat and a kind cat, and second, they were very important to Daydream. The black shecat turned toward her friend now, barely stifling the urge to flinch at the look of rage on their face. "Oh Daydream..." she said softly, slowly creeping a little closer, just to let the enby feel that she was there.
again.
they felt the same emptiness that they had felt when they found out cricketpaw was dead. geckoleaf had pulled them through, though. she had saved their life, both physically and emotionally. she had been a mother figure to them, the closest thing to a mother figure daydream had ever gotten a chance with. they felt their world crumble around them as they closed their eyes, claws digging into the ground. they shook slightly as nightpaw pressed into them. suddenly, they felt so much pain, yet it wasnt their wounds that had caused it.

silent tears fell down their face. daydream had never cried infront of anyone before. not even geckoleaf. not even nightpaw. they wanted to press back against her, to cry against her shoulder, but they found themselves staying put. after a few moments, they opened their eyes finally, gaze settling on juniperpaw. they didnt know what to think about her anymore. why wouldnt she have told them? why wouldnt have she ran to shadowclan right after the battle and told them then? instead of finding out by daydream basically forcing it out of her. they padded forward, pushing past both juniperpaw and shinefang.

"Nightpaw, gather the rest of the herbs and meet me at the border. track my scent like i showed you," they used, voice struggling not to crack,"Im done here."