Last post by Bean
Today 05:50 PM

Old October 30th, 2017, 10:51 AM
xmas and new yrs

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyra-Wolfe-666 View Post
Cloudpaw (formerly Gliss) sat at the edge of the plateau, waiting for Featherdrift. She sighed heavily and lay down, her patience running thin.

@Fern
Featherdrift padded into the training area, spotting his apprentice. The older tom said, "Hello. Would you like to work on hunting or fighting today?" He was going to try and use a more laidback approach with this apprentice. He was told she was a bit more tricky than most apprentices and wanted to be careful to not offend her in any way. He also hadn't really met her yet, and wanted to get off on the right paw. The fluffy tom sat down and looked at her.

Mention me if you don't think I saw it
Old October 30th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Digital Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Featherdrift padded into the training area, spotting his apprentice. The older tom said, "Hello. Would you like to work on hunting or fighting today?" He was going to try and use a more laidback approach with this apprentice. He was told she was a bit more tricky than most apprentices and wanted to be careful to not offend her in any way. He also hadn't really met her yet, and wanted to get off on the right paw. The fluffy tom sat down and looked at her.
Cloudpaw glances at the tom. She was surprised. She was always met with strictness. She wasn't used to getting to make the decisions.
"Um, hunting." she replied as she got up and started padding towards her mentor.
@Fern

Last edited by The_10th_Doctor; November 8th, 2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old November 8th, 2017, 03:04 PM
xmas and new yrs

Quote:
Cloudpaw glances at the tom. She was surprised. She was always met with strictness. She wasn't used to getting to make the decisions.
"Um, hunting." she replied as she got up and started padding towards her mentor.
@Fern
Featherdrift smiled softly, watching as Cloudpaw's expression changed to surprise. "Alright, one thing everyone must know is the hunter's crouch." He said, knowing the apprentice probably knew the basic idea of it. Most cats, even if they weren't born in the clans, knew the basic concept. He crouched down low to the ground, fur of his belly barely touching the ground. His tail was lifted into balance. "There is a mouse over in the grass over there, near the roots of that old tree." He whispered, flicking his ear in the direction of the small creature.

Old November 8th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Digital Artist

Quote:
Featherdrift smiled softly, watching as Cloudpaw's expression changed to surprise. "Alright, one thing everyone must know is the hunter's crouch." He said, knowing the apprentice probably knew the basic idea of it. Most cats, even if they weren't born in the clans, knew the basic concept. He crouched down low to the ground, fur of his belly barely touching the ground. His tail was lifted into balance. "There is a mouse over in the grass over there, near the roots of that old tree." He whispered, flicking his ear in the direction of the small creature.
Cloudpaw thought that she might as well listen to what the tom was telling her. She eyed him and dropped into a hunter's crouch, which was not balanced at all. She was more lopsided than a one-legged badger (remember that quote?) as she stalked forward. Her paws thudded the ground unnaturally loud as she headed towards the creature. It ran off and Cloudpaw sat up, her tail flicking in annoyance. She growled and turned to her mentor.
Old November 8th, 2017, 07:10 PM
xmas and new yrs

Quote:
Cloudpaw thought that she might as well listen to what the tom was telling her. She eyed him and dropped into a hunter's crouch, which was not balanced at all. She was more lopsided than a one-legged badger (remember that quote?) as she stalked forward. Her paws thudded the ground unnaturally loud as she headed towards the creature. It ran off and Cloudpaw sat up, her tail flicking in annoyance. She growled and turned to her mentor.
(nope)

"It's alright, it might take a while." He said, looking to the apprentice. He padded over to Cloudpaw, curling his tail around in front of him. He placed on her back, fixing her back's height. Featherdrift pushed her legs out, giving her a more balanced position, as well as lower her tail. "There is a vole on the other side of the training plateau," He mentioned, flicking his ear towards some fern fronds moving.

Old November 8th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Digital Artist

Quote:
(nope)

"It's alright, it might take a while." He said, looking to the apprentice. He padded over to Cloudpaw, curling his tail around in front of him. He placed on her back, fixing her back's height. Featherdrift pushed her legs out, giving her a more balanced position, as well as lower her tail. "There is a vole on the other side of the training plateau," He mentioned, flicking his ear towards some fern fronds moving.
Cloudpaw let the tom adjust her body, although she wasn't pleased he hadn't asked first. Oh well. At least the position she was now in was a lot more natural. She sucked her breath in and exhaled deeply before stalking over to the vole. She was still heavy on her paws and scared the vole away. She sat up again and waited for Featherdrift to say something.
"How come I can't reach it? " she didn't sound agitated, just a little upset.
Old November 9th, 2017, 02:22 PM
xmas and new yrs

Quote:
Cloudpaw let the tom adjust her body, although she wasn't pleased he hadn't asked first. Oh well. At least the position she was now in was a lot more natural. She sucked her breath in and exhaled deeply before stalking over to the vole. She was still heavy on her paws and scared the vole away. She sat up again and waited for Featherdrift to say something.
"How come I can't reach it? " she didn't sound agitated, just a little upset.
"It takes a while, you must keep patience." Featherdrift said, his smile fading as the apprentice too on an upset tone. For some of his former apprentices, hunting took a while to grasp, it was hard for himself too. "Watch, and then you can try again, Cloudpaw." He explained, crouching down with his belly low to the ground. He straightened his tail and widened his stance, avoiding leaves as he padded towards a tree. He neared a small sparrow, paws growing quiet and breathing slowing. The older tom paused a moment before pouncing on the wings of the bird, pinning the prey down as he made the kill blow. He picked up the bird and padded back towards Cloudpaw, "Prey can hear the smallest noise you make, and can sense the smallest change in wind."

Old November 17th, 2017, 07:12 AM
Digital Artist

@Okapi @Ennard

(Duskflight posted the apprentice ceremony for Icepaw, Frostpaw, Whitebelly, and Flamingspirit. There was a bit of an error in the Mentor Finder. I put that Frostpaw was the crippled one, but it's really Icepaw. But, lets commence with the training!)

Icepaw shuffled her paws on the ground, a little nervous about her first training session. Was she really fit to be an apprentice? She was a mouse-length from being paralyzed. She frowned. Frostpaw would have much more luck than she would. The young cat stood. She had practiced for a few days and was now able to stand on all her legs with only slight wobbling. But she had yet to be able to walk properly. She still had that lurching movement and had to thrust her body forward, drag her legs up to her and lunge again.

Frostpaw watched her sister with wonder. She realized Icepaw was a lit stronger than she was; her sister had escaped death, and was recovering rather quickly. Albeit it took her four moons to be able to balance on her hind legs also. Not only that, but she was able to move her tail. Frostpaw smiled and crouched down low. She growled slightly and stalked forward.
"Frostpaw?" Icepaw looked back at her sister. "What are you doing?"
Icepaw giggled and leaped, bringing herself and Icepaw down to the ground.
"FROSTPAW!" she squealed.

They played for a few minutes then sat, waiting for their mentors.
Old November 17th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Digital Artist

Quote:
"It takes a while, you must keep patience." Featherdrift said, his smile fading as the apprentice too on an upset tone. For some of his former apprentices, hunting took a while to grasp, it was hard for himself too. "Watch, and then you can try again, Cloudpaw." He explained, crouching down with his belly low to the ground. He straightened his tail and widened his stance, avoiding leaves as he padded towards a tree. He neared a small sparrow, paws growing quiet and breathing slowing. The older tom paused a moment before pouncing on the wings of the bird, pinning the prey down as he made the kill blow. He picked up the bird and padded back towards Cloudpaw, "Prey can hear the smallest noise you make, and can sense the smallest change in wind."
(Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was in the hospital for a few days then had to rest) (I broke my leg trying to do some parkour)

Cloudpaw glanced up as her sisters entered the training plateau. They had gotten mentors? She shrugged then got into the same position. She took a deep breath and stalked forward, making sure her tail didn't brush up against any leaves. She scented a mouse and saw the small creature nibbling on a maple leaf. She smiled and stalked forward, making sure her hindquarters were supporting most of the weight. She wiggled her haunches and leaped, startling the mouse. It squealed briefly before Cloudpaw nipped it's neck. She yowled in delight as she brought her prey back to Featherdrift.
"I caught it!" she squealed.
Old November 17th, 2017, 07:21 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
@Okapi @Ennard

(Duskflight posted the apprentice ceremony for Icepaw, Frostpaw, Whitebelly, and Flamingspirit. There was a bit of an error in the Mentor Finder. I put that Frostpaw was the crippled one, but it's really Icepaw. But, lets commence with the training!)

Icepaw shuffled her paws on the ground, a little nervous about her first training session. Was she really fit to be an apprentice? She was a mouse-length from being paralyzed. She frowned. Frostpaw would have much more luck than she would. The young cat stood. She had practiced for a few days and was now able to stand on all her legs with only slight wobbling. But she had yet to be able to walk properly. She still had that lurching movement and had to thrust her body forward, drag her legs up to her and lunge again.

Frostpaw watched her sister with wonder. She realized Icepaw was a lit stronger than she was; her sister had escaped death, and was recovering rather quickly. Albeit it took her four moons to be able to balance on her hind legs also. Not only that, but she was able to move her tail. Frostpaw smiled and crouched down low. She growled slightly and stalked forward.
"Frostpaw?" Icepaw looked back at her sister. "What are you doing?"
Icepaw giggled and leaped, bringing herself and Icepaw down to the ground.
"FROSTPAW!" she squealed.

They played for a few minutes then sat, waiting for their mentors.
Flamingspirit entered the training plateau,” Hello Frostpaw, Icepaw.” She meowed as she entered,” Are you excited to train you too?” (Which one is she mentoring)

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here