Old July 8th, 2023, 01:08 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: Moonlit Grove

**Elmshadow**
The Collector Purrk - Active
@xavier.

It became increasingly apparent that Halfcall likely wasn't going to show up, disappointing. A brief moment of doubt crossed through the stoic tom. Dogpaw's breath was growing quicker, but then as suddenly as it had come on it seemed to pass, though the edginess in his son did not go unnoticed by the medicine cat. Dogpaw's question, however, pertained to the herbs so Elmshadow answered with a curt nod. "Yes, you'll focus on those two." He moved away slowly, his eyes downcast for the herbs he was searching for. He found the first, a patch of poppy flowers, as Dogpaw's gradually steadying voice spoke up again. He plucked a flower and shook the head for a single black seed as he approached his apprentice. "Take one of these. The poppy seed is good for pain but it will also ease shock and calm nerves." He waited for Dogpaw to either take the poppy seed or not before continuing, "Mallow leaves are eaten to cure bellyaches and celandine," he glanced at the scarred half-face of his son. "Celandine soothes eyes. It is what I used on your eye to keep it comfortable and free of infection." And first on Sunsetthorn when she'd lost her eye. Was there a curse that continued to plague his kin and their limbs? He turned to continue his search for herbs though he kept his ears and attention on Dogpaw.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old July 12th, 2023, 12:11 PM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

• × | Dogpaw | × •
he/him
MIND READER : Inactive | Chill of death : Inactive | Ultimate Predator : Inactive

Dogpaw looked down at the poppy seed before looking back at his father. The tom let out a small sigh as he took the poppy seed and placed it into his mouth. The tom started to look around for the two herbs his father described and listened carefully to what his father had said. Bellyaches and soothing eyes. Dogpaw had the urge to reach a paw up to his damaged eye before deciding against it. The golden prince looked around before spotting tiny yellow flowers. Dogpaw stepped closer to inspect it better to see if it also held round leaves.

It did.

"Celandine."

Dogpaw said before nipping off two pieces. The tom soon started to look around for Mallow leaves being careful with the Celandine he was holding.

| @Ravensong - Elmshadow |
Old July 12th, 2023, 10:43 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**
The Collector Purrk - Active
@xavier. [Ack, sorry this is short and bleh. I'm trying to pop some things out real quick. Once I wrap up a couple RPs they can get an actual RP in ><]

Elmshadow picked up the poppy flower he'd grabbed and continued until he found the other herb he had tasked himself with finding during this outing. He cut off a few of the sprigs of nettles then turned to his apprentice to check his progress. He moved to the younger tom with his herbs in his jaws. Setting them down to inspect Dogpaw's collection, he meowed stolidly, "We'll head back now."

He picked up his herbs then waited for Dogpaw to start heading back towards camp before he took up an even stride just ahead.

[ +1 poppy flower +5 stinging nettles ]

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing

Last edited by Pitou; July 12th, 2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old July 24th, 2023, 06:10 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

HOUNDHUNTER
Death: Reversed
Pronouns: Haunt/Hauntself || Massive black and white cat with heavy flank scarring, orange and green eyes.
Purrk: Beefed Up || Tier 1
[ ➥ MENTION(S): - ]

It had taken some time to reach this place. Massive bi-colored cat sighed. Dropping the dead child’s body softly as haunt stepped away from it. Stopping as a small shakey breath escaped haunt’s maw. Digging haunt’s claws into the recent unturned soil, providing a nice and soft area to work. Roughly clawing through dirt, making a grave the size that would fit the apprentice’s lifeless frame. When haunt pushed the dirt to side, flicking haunts dirt to get bits of dirt off of them, returning the tabby’s body. Once again grabbing the scruff and dragging Sweetpaw to the grave. Placing small freshly fallen pine needles around the body, in the hole. Placing a paw on the pile of dirt as haunt moved it to fully the dead body, making sure it was even enough and provided a good enough place of rest for her.

Finishing that task was easy enough, Houndhunter moves backwards, looping around till haunt pads back the way haunt came, and back to camp in the following minute as haunts job here was done and good enough to report to Dawnstar, haunt already needed to ask the leader something anyways, might as well make use of the future encounter to report that Sweetpaw was buried.

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen
Old August 1st, 2023, 07:13 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillianKing View Post
Ruekit nodded eagerily!
"yes!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Ravenkit •
mottled black-and-white molly with gleaming yellow eyes

Yellow hues gleamed eagerly in anticipation as Larkfire studied her and Ruekit, a deep, rumbling purr echoing deep in the six moon old’s chest as the Enforcer spoke to them. Of course she was one of the oldest of the kits within the nursery! She was already six moons old, bound to turn seven here soon. That wasn’t what Ravenkit was focused on though: it was for the mentioning of Larkfire taking her and Ruekit out of camp. In the dark. That was definitely exciting, clearly seen by the mottled feline’s paws excitedly tapping against the ground, her body jittering in anticipation as yellow hues stared eagerly up at Larkfire. She was more than responsible. She was ready to take on the world at its heels, no matter the costs. “Yes, ma’am! I was born ready to go out of camp! I can’t wait to go out there and see everything.” she yammered, not really bothering much to control the mere volume in her voice as she showed her excitement for the mere lesson. She simply just couldn’t wait to become an apprentice soon.

@Rose

Larkfire
She/Her | Shadow Fiend & Beefed Up (T1) Purrk
Well. Larkfire had to take their word for it, she supposed. When both kits had agreed, Larkfire led them out of camp and into the night, making sure to keep to the moonlit path so that they wouldn't lose her. It was a quiet night, made easy for their sake.

Eventually, they'd reached their destination, and Larkfire turned on her two pupils with a small, wary smile. "We're here. Look around, feel free. This is Moonlit Grove, where ShadowClan's deceased are buried." Letting them make of that what they will, Lark moved on. "A ShadowClanner is born into shadows. A ShadowClanner, whether by birth or by joining, inherits that title. We're meant to be a reflection of our Clan. Hm. I want the two of you to show me your best hunting crouches. Hunting, stalking, it's all a part of being the epitome of stealth."

[ #shcnightclass | By the way, you guys can count this part of the requirements as finished since it's super overdue on my part and technically in the timeline it would have been done. Also this is a bit... meh because my brain wasn't cooperating. ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old August 1st, 2023, 07:30 PM
Pfp from Charat.me

Bump Policy: don't bump me if you don't want bumped
My Mood: Lonely

Ruekit smiled and dropped down into her clutzy version of a hunters crouch
@Rose @ares
Old August 1st, 2023, 09:28 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Ravenkit •
mottled black-and-white molly with gleaming yellow eyes
Purrks: N/A

Oooooh! The night outside of camp was very spooky and pretty… she liked it! Round, gleaming, yellow hues excitedly bounced around to survey her dark surroundings as the six moon old bicolored feline proudly followed after the Enforcer; tail excitedly raised as her eyes glistened with pride. Being outside of camp was much funnier than being confined inside of camp all the time. She got to see the tall, dense trees that grew way up towards the dark sky, she got to hear the distant chirping of crickets, and lastly… fireflies! The little bugs slowly crept around the trio as their bodies occasionally blew here and there. It was super cool to look at! Her attention shot up towards Larkfire when the Enforcer began to speak, gradually grabbing the young kits’ attention eagerly as Ravenkit stared up in the direction of the gray molly, listening to every word that Larkfire spewed. So where they were at was Moonlit Grove, huh? It was practically a graveyard for all of the deceased and are remembered. Her eyes danced around the grove, taking in every bit of her surroundings as she trekked through the dark area—however, she made sure not to steer too far away from Larkfire’s sight, not wanting to risk getting lost. Wow, it really was dark around here. She couldn’t even see a thing!

Yellow orbs danced back in the direction of Larkfire when she began speaking again, speaking about how a ShadowClanner is born into shadows, either if they were a rogue or kittypet that just joined the clan or were born, they automatically inherit that title. A rush of pride flowed through Ravenkit, the young bicolored molly puffing out her chest as her lips curled into a largest smile that she ever mustered. She was born in ShadowClan. She was one with the shadows. She’ll prove it. She’ll prove it to Dawny, Mama Woolly, Ms. Shiver, everyone! “I’ll prove to everyone that I’ll be a good ShadowClan warrior. I’ll prove it!” She happily squeaked, stomping her mismatched paws enthusiastically as she showed out her enthusiasm for becoming one of the best warriors in the clan. However, her stomping ceased when Larkfire asked for both of the kits to show off their hunting crouches, the bicolored molly being quick to wrinkle her nose at the offer. A hunting crouch? That’s easy, right? If a warrior can do it, so can she! She briefly glanced beside herself to watch Ruekit as she tried to do it, the mottled molly whisking her tail as she watched as the other kit clumsily crouched down and did her own hunting crouch, letting out an amused snort at the way she crouched into her position.

She can do it better! She’ll show her! Huffing beneath her breath, the black-and-white molly braced her paws against the ground as she pursed her lips, trying to memorize what exactly Mama Woolly showed her what to do when she was showing her how to do a hunting crouch. Grumbling beneath her breath, the bicolored molly crouched down and squared both of her shoulders, being sure to get them at the right angle—it looked rather sloppy, but she’s only six moons old, so it wasn’t like she was going to know how to do it—and lifted her rump just at the right angle. Her bicolored tail had straightened itself outwards quite a bit and was close to the ground, almost quick to touch it. “Am I doing the crouch right, Larkfire?” Ravenkit questioned eagerly, her paws trembling in their place with impatience and excitement. She tried to conceal herself so that she could properly show the Enforcer that she was going to be one of the bestest warriors in the clan, but her twitching tail was quick to give away her immense amount of excitement.

@Rose @TheVillianKing

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old August 9th, 2023, 12:44 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Active

TW: Self-Doubt and Mild Emotional Distress
@Rose because Fallenpaw was missing her brother

As if receiving some type of premonition, Darkfall found himself drawn towards Moonlit Grove. When was the last time he had come here? Well, there was the tom was recently here to help with renovating the defiled graves. But before that? He couldn’t even remember.

Hanging from his jaws were some white flowers (baby’s breath) that he encountered along the way, he hoped who he was visiting would like them. Last time he hadn’t brought them a gift, and it made him feel awful afterward.

It didn’t take him long after entering the burial grounds that he reached the spot where he had buried his sister 10 full moons ago. He only stopped by to visit once since then, and that had been well before he left the clan in search of Moonpaw.

The area surrounding the spot in which his sister was buried had long since begun to start growing a small patch of grass and seeing this caused the warrior to frown. How was it fair that the insignificant life of the grass could thrive but his sister couldn’t?

Letting out a small sigh, Darkfall set down the flowers he found and sat next to them. You could hardly even tell that the spot had once been dug up now, perhaps he’d bring something along to properly mark the grave. Well… he’d think about that next time. It wasn’t particularly easy to find the spot this late at night, but he remembered the burial itself vividly enough to find his way here.

The large tom sat in silence for a long while. The only thing that could be heard was the faint hoots of an owl in the distance and the light rustle of the wind through the leaves. This silent night was perfect for what he wanted to do.

“My dearest Fallenpaw, I hope you can forgive me for neglecting you all of this time,” Darkfall said at long last. Some might think him silly for coming out here in the dead of the night just to, well, talk to the dead. But if someone asked him about it, he’d respond with it being absolutely necessary to do this.

”I… I’ve had a lot going on down here, you know? Things haven’t been so easy these last few moons,” He said into the darkness. ”It still hurts. You and mom being gone, Cinderblaze being dead, our brothers and sister disappearing, and those other few cats I’d begun to feel at ease with going missing or dying as well,” He admitted. The deaths and disappearances of those around him had weighed heavily on him for so long. Fallenpaw had officially been dead longer than she had been alive and Darkfall hated that. He hated that he could do nothing to protect her, and now with Snailpounce’s second litter gone, he was the last surviving member of his family. Or so he thought.

”I’ve been having a lot of nightmares since that border battle too, it usually has you and everyone else telling me about how much of a failure I am and how I’ll never amount to anything…” His voice cracked as he spoke, the emotions he worked so hard to push down beginning to creep up to the surface. ”I know that it’s not real, but I can’t help but think that maybe those shadowy figures in my dreams are right. Maybe… Maybe I’m not good enough. Maybe if I had worked harder I would’ve been able to protect you all. Do you think so too?” He asked, turning towards the spot he had lain the flowers. He let out a small laugh ”You’d tell me that I’m being a worrisome elder-butt or something wouldn’t you? I’m sorry, I’ll try to stop worrying about something so silly.”

Maybe he was just overreacting and being silly, but that didn’t change the fact that almost everyone he had grown close to had something bad happen to him. That was why he pushed away Larkfire, to prevent the same from happening to her. Speaking of Larkfire…

”Hey Fallenpaw…? Do you remember Larkfire? She was the one who was with you in your final moments,” The tom began. To this day he couldn’t forgive himself for not being there for his sister when she reached the end of her life, but instead a cat she hardly knew was there, unable to comfort the young she-cat. A sad smile found it’s way onto his lips and he continued.

”I think… I think I love her?” The tone he used was questioning because he wasn’t quite sure what this feeling was. ”For moons now, I haven’t been able to get her off my mind. Like… she’s all I can think about. She and I used to be really close, y’know? We’d joke around and hang out with each other, but… I did something terrible,” He admitted, shaking his head in disappointment. Gosh, this was so embarrassing to actually say all of this out loud, but as he spoke he felt like some of the pressure was easing off of his heart little by little.

Darkfall stopped talking again, the thoughts inside his head were a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. He wasn’t quite sure if he could bring himself to say all that he had done, but it was too late now, wasn’t it? He’d already begun pouring his heart out to the patch of dirt next to him, he might as well finish, right?

”I… I was terrible to her. For so long I would push her away or brush her off when all she did was try to show that she cared for me, y’know? Whenever I was in a bad mood, or when I was upset, it was her that was there to ask me what was wrong,” He let out a long sigh as he recalled his apprenticeship and early warriorhood. Larkfire had been nothing but understanding, and he was constantly keeping her at tail’s length because he didn’t want to communicate his feelings.

”I think some part of me knew about her feelings for me, and maybe that was why I was so scared to let her in,” He could feel moisture making it’s way to his eyes as he spoke. Oh gosh… He was being weak again. ”I was scared, Fallenpaw. I just… I didn’t want anything to happen to her,” he admitted with much reluctance. “After Mom died, you joined her shortly after. Then it was Cinderblaze and sometime after that we had the battle and lost Whisperingwolf, Oliveglow, and Mossfang. Then Mirehound died, then Shadowfur was gone, then our brothers and sister, and then Moonpaw…” He paused, remembering each one of the cats he had started to bond with, no matter how short the moment. ”I… It was like I was cursed or something. Cursed to see everyone I know and love die. That’s why I pushed her away. That’s why I stopped talking to her and did everything I could to avoid her, I couldn’t stand the idea of her meeting that same fate.”

There. He had finally said it. Darkfall finally said the words that he had kept locked deep within his heart for so long, not daring to admit it to even himself. He wiped at his face with a paw and settled into a more comfortable position, this was going to take longer than he expected.

”I didn’t realize it at first. How much I missed her. It was only after meeting Heron in the outskirts while looking for Moonpaw that I truly noticed.” It had been around two moons since he had last seen that she-cat, he wondered how she was doing. ”Heron reminded me a lot of what Larkfire used to be like when we were younger. The playful teasing… laughing at my stupid jokes… listening to what was troubling me. All of it. It didn’t help that they looked similar-ish you know?” Now he was just talking to talk. He knew Fallenpaw couldn’t hear him. She was dead after all, but some part of him wanted to believe that she was right there with him listening in.

”The things I found myself liking that Heron did, made me realize that Larkfire had once done those same things and I just never truly appreciated it.” This was another thing he had never said out loud or truly processed. He had just been using Heron as a replacement Larkfire during the time they spent together, but it didn’t take him long to come to terms with the fact that the loner could never truly be the one his heart desired.

Taking a deep, shaky breath, Darkfall waited a long moment before continuing once more.”Truth is Fallenpaw… I miss her. I miss her laugh… I miss her smile and her voice… I miss the way those gorgeous amber eyes seemed to watch my every move… Hell, I miss the way she used to nag me when I was being difficult,” He said that last part with a laugh. He could still clearly remember the time he had fought with Ruepaw and when she caught him sneaking out of the camp, how she tried so hard to convince him to see Elmshadow about his injured shoulder.

His brief moment of amusement quickly turned into one of sorrow and dejection. ”Fallenpaw, I don’t think I can get that back. I really messed up this time.” As he said this, he couldn’t help but think back to those phantoms that haunted his dreams at night. Maybe he was a failure. He had a cat that loved him for so long, and he treated her like little more than crowfood. He was terrible.

At some point, the tom must’ve started crying because his eyes were wet, and his nose runny. Gross. He wiped his nose with the back of a paw before turning to the grave beside him. ”Y’know what Fallenpaw? I’m going to try and fix things between me and her. You’re a female… so what would you do if you were in her paws?” The question, of course, was rhetorical, but that didn’t mean asking it gave him any less closure. If anything getting all of this out into the open made him feel better.

”Well… I figure you won’t have an answer for that, so I’ll come back when I figure it out and update you, how’s that sound?” Darkfall didn’t know how long it’d take, but he was determined to make things up to his former best-friend one way or another. Laying his head in his paws, he closed his eyes. Wow… he was getting tired. He’d been out here for a while now. ”Hey Fallenpaw?" He called into the darkness, voice hardly above a whisper now. "I promise I’ll come by to chat more often. You must've thought I had forgotten you, huh? I'm sorry. I’ve been a horrible big brother, haven’t I?” he asked with a small chuckle before sleep began to engulf him. Just before being completely overtaken, the tom whispered three final words.

"I love you."

He hadn’t said this to her nearly enough while she was still alive, but felt it ever important to remind her of this fact. He loved his sister with all of his heart, and even though she was no longer there with him, he’d never forget her. It was after this that the tom fell asleep right out there underneath the light of the moon and stars, right next to the grave that belonged to the most important cat in his life. For some reason, he had a feeling the nightmares that had plagued him since well before his warrior ceremony wouldn’t bother him tonight.
[Whoops I didn’t indeed for this to be so long, but y’know what… I’ll leave this open]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; August 9th, 2023 at 08:57 AM.
Old August 14th, 2023, 05:00 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

Eveningpaw
@Rose / @vampire / @ameko

The Charcoal tabby mossied his way towards his mentor, his usual smirk plastered on his face. "We're goin outside camp! That's exciting." he chirped. Eyes scanning the clearing for his brother, a suspicious glint in his eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire View Post

HOUNDHUNTER
Death: Reversed
Pronouns: Haunt/Hauntself || Massive black and white cat with heavy flank scarring, orange and green eyes.
Purrk: Beefed Up || Tier 1
[ ➥ MENTION(S): @ameko ]

Exiting the warriors a tad bit late, and managing to meet the other cats on haunt’s patrol. Morningpaw was on this patrol, hm. This was going to be a learning experience, but this was a big patrol. It was best to split up and search for both things separately, the words coming out in a decent enough pattern for Houndhunter as the warrior news to the youngest enforcer. “You. Eveningpaw, honey(?). Me. Morningpaw, yellow bell.” Yeah, those were the right herbs right? Houndhunter was only focused on not getting stuck with that disgusting bee substance, and remembering the description of yellow bell of course. Pretty straight forwards, the largest cat gave Larkfire a small nod before slightly looking around for Morningpaw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameko View Post
Morningpaw » (my posts will have more substance soon ^^; just posting this so i don't hold up the patrol)
Morningpaw padded up to join the others in his patrol, though his focus was elsewhere. He would've liked to catch Midnightkit after the meeting, but that'd have to wait until later.

Larkfire
She/Her | Shadow Fiend & Beefed Up (T1) Purrk
Larkfire didn't bother give any verbal reply to Houndhunter as haunt walked up. She merely nodded at haunt once, and then started off in the direction of Moonlit Grove. Once there, she split off as Houndhunter had suggested, casting a glance back towards Eveningpaw to make sure that he was following. "We're looking for honey." She reminded the apprentice as they walked, ears swiveling back and forth. Finally, she did hear the telltale signs of bees buzzing, and drew to a halt. Her amber hues flicked to her apprentice. "What do you hear?"

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old August 15th, 2023, 02:01 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Eveningpaw
Silver Tongue Purrk || Agitha Kitty:: Permanently Active
@vampire. ; @Rose ; @ameko
#Earth

The tabby went to go tackle his brother, getting midway to a leap before they began to head out. Wow, he was not paying attention. Ears twitching as they all began to make their way to the entrance. His attempt at murder being forgotten as he follows suit. Excited to see what awaits outside the walls, now that it was legal for him to go out there. Ah, the wonderful air of freedom and abiding by the law...for now.

Stomping as he followed his mentor, he was zipping his head around every which way. Amber eyes flickering with unbridled excitement. He could absolutely run from this bush to that tree in 2 nanoseconds. He could! But he did not, because he had to be serious and had to retrieve some sweet honey. At least that's what he'd been told, that it's rather sweet. For a price, and that price was bees. They hurt.

As Larkfire came to a stop, he too came to a stop...a few pawsteps ahead of her, ears angled forwards as he watched a rather angry hive of bees buzz about. If he were to guess...honey would be in that big ol brown rock hanging from the tree. Without missing a beat the tom answered "Angry cottonballs." with a chirp.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; August 15th, 2023 at 02:14 AM.