Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Alternative Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 08:58 AM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM
Design Competition!
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:40 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by burntToast
Today 08:33 AM
chilling by the water [rc...
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:31 AM

Old January 5th, 2023, 11:22 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

Default Re: Lichenpaws rest. [p]

[/ Lichenpaw \]
( @Hua cheng - I hope this is okay! )

A loud shriek cascaded through the woodland, and caused the weak apprentice to stir, his blue eyes swiftly opening. He was met with a dimly lit den, dugout underneath an oak tree, the place that had kept him reasonably dry and safe for.. awhile, he was unsure of the exact amount of days he had been lost for, but it must be roughly a moon. Lichenpaw lifted his head slowly, trying to see if he would be able to spot the source of the shriek from where he was laying, if it was a cat in danger he was unsure how he'd be able to help, but he would try his best, after all, he if still technically sworn to the medicine cat code, even if he was stripped of his role.

Unable to spot anyone or anything, he rested his head onto his paws once more, but he couldn't shed the feeling that he should investigate, the former medicine cat slowly and painfully struggled to their paws and poked their head out, spotting a young cat and a larger cat by the river, it appeared that the young cat was in trouble, although Lichenpaw was unsure that he would be able to offer any sort of help, both because of his current state and that he had never had any battle experience, so it would be hopeless to try- Nothing is hopeless. his mentors words rung through his head, his gazed back at the two cats at the river shore, perhaps if he could get the larger cat into the river the younger one would be able to escape? Sure, there was no garrentee that it would work or that he would come out of it with his life but if he was to die anyways in unfamiliar territory he may as well help someone. The black and red tom stepped out of the den, into the leaf-bare sun, before raising his voice and trying to make it as steady as he could, "Hey!" he called to get the larger cat's attention, in hope that they would loosen their grip on the smaller.

Character Bio's | Tracker/Finder
larchflame: well insulated - sootkit: world weaving 1, herbal knowledge 1 - silverkit: go with the flow
Old January 5th, 2023, 11:43 AM

My Mood: Stressed

Berrypaw
( dad once said follow me closely and don’t make a sound
So I did follow him and I was quiet
I was quiet as he drowned me
And I was quiet for the 4 moons to follow
But I wasn’t upset it made me happy that father had actually spoke to me )

Berrypaw struggled to understand what was going on around him. He was being held down again. A cat that resembled his father was holding him down under the water. Dad? he made the awful mistake of spewing words underwater and sucked in a maw full of water. His vision beginning to blur and darken and his struggling beginning to weaken. Maybe…If I die here..I’ll be free.. but a familiar voice made him freeze mid thought. Lichenpaw. his friend had been missing for a moon and he had been searching for so long for the cat who had shown him a spec of kindness. Gritting his teeth he shoved upwards sending the cat above him toppling over into the water. Breaking the surface he coughed up a mouthful of water before sucking in gasping breaths. Turning to lichenpaw he yowled run and don’t look back. Please I don’t wanna loose you like I’ve lost everyone else. Go back home where you’ll be safe…and I beg you..please forget about me. I don’t deserve to be remembered. he whipped back around and claws a horrid scratch against the larger toms face. Blood dripped from his face yet he didn’t stop instead he only lashed back clawing at his healed scars. Berrypaw however dodged easily before slamming a aimed blow down on the rogues spine. The rogue spat a curse before getting up and pretending to leave berrypaw thought he had given up and sighed. As he turned to follow lichen a heavy weight landed on his back again. And burning pain erupted from his shoulders and neck. The rogue had slowed his shoulders to shreds while gripping down on his neck from behind. Fighting the urge to drop he rolled over instead crushing the rogue before bolting. Finally when he could go no further he collapsed in a puddle of bloodied fur and dimming eyes.
@Apollo.

Last edited by Clyde; January 5th, 2023 at 11:43 AM.
Old January 5th, 2023, 12:49 PM
somehow still here

[/ Lichenpaw \]
( @Hua cheng )

As the scene exploded in front of him, and the water splashed up to swallow the larger cat, he caught the younger of the two cats eye, is that.. Berrypaw? He paused for a moment, what in Starclan was Berrypaw doing out of Skyclan territory? It looked like Berrypaw recognised him also, but his yowls that followed worried Lichenpaw, he didn't want to leave his friend in this sort of situation, not like how he had left Smokesky with the dogs, Halfpaw with her self doubt or Leapinglight with his depression.

As the rogue steadied themself and the fight began to break out Lichenpaw couldn't do much, he had never been battle trained, however, it looked like Berrypaw would be able to fend the rogue off, seeing this Lichenpaw made his mind up, he swiftly ducked back into the den under the tree, his pain being rushed away and instead being replaced with adrenalin. He recalled that there was a large, uninhabited, spider web up inside of the trunk of the tree, and so he reached his paw up and wound the web around it, until he had a decent wad of it on his paw, Lichenpaw pulled the cobwebs off his paw gently before once again leaving the den, the wad in his mouth. It now looked like the battle was about over, so Lichenpaw would need to be quick if he wanted to help Berrypaw, he made his way upstream of the river where a marigold plant grew, although there were no bright flowers on the plant it didn't mean that the marigold leaves were useless. He placed the webs down and nipped off a stem of it, grabbed the webs, and once he turned back to the fight he noticed Berrypaw fleeing further into the wood. The rogue seemed proud of themselves and didn't give chase as Lichenpaw followed where his friend disappeared as fast as his weak legs would let him.

Once he reached Berrypaw the apprentice had collapsed onto the forest floor, Lichenpaw noticed that he was bleeding quite heavily from the injuries the rogue had delt, wordlessly, the black tom swiftly placed the herbs and cobwebs down at Berrypaw's side before taking a deep breath, though he may not be as skilled as his late mentor he had to make sure not to lose another friend today. He unravelled the webs gently, and pulled off two of the leaves, chewing them up into a poultice, and licking them onto the worst of the cuts, by stars he hated the taste of blood, and then laying a piece of the cobwebs on it. He repeated this on as many of the bleeding cuts as he could. He was starting to act like an actual medicine cat, huh?

larchflame: well insulated - sootkit: world weaving 1, herbal knowledge 1 - silverkit: go with the flow
Old January 5th, 2023, 01:16 PM

Berrypaw
my names blurryface and I care what they think
Berrypaws breaths were shallow and fast but he kept his eye on lichenpaw. If he were to die here and now he’d want his only friend to be the last thing he ever saw. Wincing a few times as lichenpaw cleaned his wounds and applied the herbs he heaved a sigh. Lichen how’ve you been this moon? he joked casually. He was tired and felt like sleeping but he didn’t want to close his eye. He was afraid. He didn’t want to die and leave lichen all alone in this dreadful place. Great starclan he wasn’t even in his clans territory anymore. Gritting his teeth he pushed himself up. Determination lit anew in his eye. Let’s go home lichenpaw. We’ve missed you. he paused I’ve missed you. he added quietly at the end
@Apollo.
Old January 5th, 2023, 01:49 PM
somehow still here

[/ Lichenpaw \]
( @Hua cheng )

It took him a bit, but he eventually finished off treating Berrypaw's injuries, leaving the sharp taste of marigold in his mouth, Lichenpaw rolled the remaining scraps of cobwebs and leaves into a tight ball before returning his attention to his friend, Berrypaw's joke amused him slightly, "I've been better." he answered with a little smile, it was nice to see him again, even if how he ran into him was scary. As Lichenpaw's adrenaline wore off he began to feel how weak he was again, pain shot up through his shaking legs and he winced before laying down next to his friend, however, as he did so Berrypaw got to his paws. Lichenpaw opened his mouth, about to tell him to sit back down so that his wounds didn't open up again, but Berrypaw's words came first.

He paused, Skyclan missed him..? He looked up at Berrypaw, that seemed awfully unlikely, but the quiet sentence that followed made more sense. Lichenpaw took a moment to think about it, after all, he had been trying to find his way back home ever since he got lost, but would his clanmates even want him back? The tom hesitated, now that Leapinglight was dead Skyclan was without a cat who knew healing, so it was possible that they might accept him back and yet.. his gaze shifted back to Berrypaw, "I don't think either of us are in any state to walk that far right now," he nodded to Berrypaw's newly treated wounds and then gestured to his thin body with his tail, "It would be better if we left once your injuries had time to close over." he gave him a weak smile.

Old January 5th, 2023, 02:17 PM

Berrypaw
( @Apollo. )
Berrypaw froze. Lichenpaw did have a point but when he turned around to look at his friend he froze. The other apprentice looked quite frail and tired. He was shocked. How could he think about leaving right now when lichenpaw must be starving or worse..sick. W-wait here I’ll be back. he mewed hurriedly as he dashed off. Frantically searching the surrounding area until he came across..a duck. He felt sad about killing this pretty bird but lichenpaw needed it and he would provide for his friend. After doing the horrid deed of taking this magnificent birds life he hauled it back to where lichenpaw was. Get anywhere to stay? I’ll add these feathers to your nest to keep you warmhe mumbled around the bird. Before plopping it down. Here eat you need to. Afterwards I’ll join you to get some water.
Old January 5th, 2023, 03:07 PM
somehow still here

[/ Lichenpaw \]
( @Hua cheng )

Lichenpaw tipped his head slightly with confusion at Berrypaw's sudden panic, but he did stay where he was, the forest was quiet after the apprentice ran off, which was a bit unnerving, but it wasn't long before he returned, this time with a duck, limp in his jaws. Berrypaw looked a bit upset, however Lichenpaw couldn't quiet place why, perhaps he just wants to get back to Skyclan as soon as he can. he nodded, "Kind of, it's back towards the river, though." as Berrypaw placed the duck down Lichenpaw was hesitant to eat it, but after taking a bite he was reminded of how long it had been since he had any sort of food, and swiftly began to eat the bird. He paused about halfway through, and nudged the duck towards his friend, "You should have some too, I don't want you to get hungry later." he gave Berrypaw a nod, the tom needed to worry about himself too.

Old January 6th, 2023, 08:42 AM

Berrypaw

( @Apollo. )
Berrypaw nodded and settled himself down next to the other apprentice. However when he went to take a bite he hesitated, guilt pricking his heart. Suppressing it, he took a bite of the sweet bird. It was then that he was reminded that he was starving and began to eat properly again. But as he ate he couldn’t suppress the tears that fell from his brown eye. Why am I here? shaking his head he forced himself to stop crying. A faintly sad smile hung on his face as he got up. I’ll take these feathers to the place you mentioned…don’t worry I’ll be able to find it. he paused to catch his breath before continuing gently you just sit here and enjoy yourself, I’ll be back soon.
Sorry it’s so short

Last edited by Clyde; January 6th, 2023 at 08:55 AM.