too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Annoyed

ShadowClan Re: Icy Heartlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia26 View Post
LostPaw

"starclan wanted me...yet you refused me!"

lostpaw was taken aback at how much quicker her mentor was but then again this was a warrior after all. the blows made her fall over but before her mentor could pin her she rolled. she'd learned this from spottedfur's wise words a few moons ago. roll and get to your paws thats what he said. she then stood up and whirled around to look at dovedance with her tail high and prepared to jump out the way if needed. "am i doing good?" she tilted her head.

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior
''WindClan isn't worth our time.''

________
Dovedance purred. ''You're doing excellent, Lostpaw.''

The she-cat crouched down, then leaped. She bowled into Lostpaw and rolled her onto her back, grazing her belly with her hind paws. (with perms)

The dappled warrior then jumped off her apprentice and helped Lostpaw up.

''That was a risky move, Lostpaw,'' She meowed. ''Remember that you should never expose your belly in battle. It's extremely soft and will cause a lot of pain if an opponent were to rip it out. If I were an enemy, I could have done some serious damage.''

Dovedance shook the leaf litter and pine needles out of her fur.

Her amber eyes sparkled with praise as she looked at Lostpaw.

''And make sure to always keep your head low and shoulders hunched to guard your throat. That is where most threats will be aiming for.''

''say you can't sleep? baby, i know. mm, it's that me espresso.'' - sabrina carpenter, espresso

Characters W/ Purrks

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird´s Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Bluepaw: The Collector

Last edited by paris; January 9th, 2024 at 12:03 PM.
Old January 9th, 2024, 12:08 PM
Frostfire

Bump Policy: during the weak days from 6 am to 3 pm :) depending if im on.
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

________
Dovedance purred. ''You're doing excellent, Lostpaw.''

The she-cat crouched down, then leaped. She bowled into Lostpaw and rolled her onto her back, grazing her belly with her hind paws. (with perms)

The dappled warrior then jumped off her apprentice and helped Lostpaw up.

''That was a risky move, Lostpaw,'' She meowed. ''Remember that you should never expose your belly in battle. It's extremely soft and will cause a lot of pain if an opponent were to rip it out. If I were an enemy, I could have done some serious damage.''

Dovedance shook the leaf litter and pine needles out of her fur.

Her amber eyes sparkled with praise as she looked at Lostpaw.

''And make sure to always keep your head low and shoulders hunched to guard your throat. That is where most threats will be aiming for.''

LostPaw

lostpaw blinked clearly surprised by that. she then got up and shook her fur out "ah...i'll take that to note." she smiled a little "im glad i got to learn that. i'll work on it" she lifted her head and got into a stance. "i wanna learn how to dodge better- i think if i can dodge i can strike back fast...i think.." she then tried to think how that sounded.
WindClan- Sparkkit-6M/tom
StarClan- Echoheart, Spottedfur, tigerkit, icekit, softkit, frostkit.
Dark forest- N/A
outskirts- adderkit-2M/tom, garfy-20M/she
Old January 9th, 2024, 02:56 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:
LostPaw

lostpaw blinked clearly surprised by that. she then got up and shook her fur out "ah...i'll take that to note." she smiled a little "im glad i got to learn that. i'll work on it" she lifted her head and got into a stance. "i wanna learn how to dodge better- i think if i can dodge i can strike back fast...i think.." she then tried to think how that sounded.

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

________
Dovedance shook her head.

''You cannot think, Lostpaw,'' She explained. ''In battle, you don't have time to think. You have to know. You have to choose a spot and aim for it.''

The warrior whisked her tail.

''say you can't sleep? baby, i know. mm, it's that me espresso.'' - sabrina carpenter, espresso

Characters W/ Purrks

Last edited by paris; January 9th, 2024 at 02:57 PM.
Old January 10th, 2024, 01:14 PM
Frostfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellwhisker View Post

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

________
Dovedance shook her head.

''You cannot think, Lostpaw,'' She explained. ''In battle, you don't have time to think. You have to know. You have to choose a spot and aim for it.''

The warrior whisked her tail.
LostPaw

"like...it has to be built into my mind...like if i stepped on a thorn i would jumped back from the pain....so in battle i have to attack without thinking...cuz you dont think when you feel pain you just react!" she raised her tail and nodded "then i'll give it another go!" she looked a bit happier that she knew that. she then leaped at dovedance and headbutt her (with premission) and then used her paws and wrapped them around the bigger she-cat and rolled onto her. (with premission) "did i do it right?" she asked as she jumped back and lifted her head. she thought of the move herself.
Dark forest- N/A
Old January 10th, 2024, 01:23 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:
LostPaw

"like...it has to be built into my mind...like if i stepped on a thorn i would jumped back from the pain....so in battle i have to attack without thinking...cuz you dont think when you feel pain you just react!" she raised her tail and nodded "then i'll give it another go!" she looked a bit happier that she knew that. she then leaped at dovedance and headbutt her (with premission) and then used her paws and wrapped them around the bigger she-cat and rolled onto her. (with premission) "did i do it right?" she asked as she jumped back and lifted her head. she thought of the move herself.

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

_______-
Dovedance easily shook the apprentice off (with perms).

She gave a nod of approval.

''That was excellent, Lostpaw.''

Characters W/ Purrks

Old January 11th, 2024, 05:08 AM
Frostfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellwhisker View Post

Dovedance
ShadowClan Warrior

_______-
Dovedance easily shook the apprentice off (with perms).

She gave a nod of approval.

''That was excellent, Lostpaw.''
LostPaw

lostpaw shook her fur out. her move a bit off but she still got that one hit in. her eyes sparkled with pride and she puffed her chest out "thank you!" her soft spoken voice was a bit higher than before.
Dark forest- N/A
Old January 15th, 2024, 03:02 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Icy Heartlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Active | Just a Scratch - Active | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

It took the muscular feline some time to catch up to the dark enforcer, especially with how his chortling kept getting in the way, but gratefully, it seemed Darkfall had stopped to wait for him once they had reached their location. It had been an impressive run, really. Especially considering how far away from the camp this part of the territory was. Made for a good race though. Silverlark could almost feel the burn in his legs, which only served to pump him up even further for the task ahead.

A booming laugh escaped the younger warrior as Darkydark spoke, the tom's attempts to catch his breath comical to him. Darkydark was obviously being a silly goose, trying to trick him into a sense of confidence only to out hunt him. Sneaky sneaky, but it wouldn't work! This tom knew just how atrocious he was at hunting, no amount of overconfidence would change that. After all, he doubted he could get much worse. Still, he could always play along. And separating themselves would probably be for the best. That way this tom wouldn't be scaring away all the prey while Darkfall tried to hunt proper. Actually... maybe the laugh was a bad way of helping there. Oops.

"Yeah yeah yeah, sound's good, Darkydark. Let's split up. Mmhmm. Catch more prey that way. I'll go down this way. Catch up here once we done?" he chirped happily, pointing in a general direction, waiting for his fellow enforcer's response before bounding off.

Soon enough, Silverlark sunk himself into the shadows, his white dipped toes careful to not make a single sound as his rounded ears perked up, a song catching his attention. It wasn't long before he caught sight of it. A brown bird with a yellow chest that looked sorely out of place in the shadows of the heartlands. Verdant hues narrowed in concentration as the tom made his best attempt at approaching his prey, hyper aware of every step he took. Birds were especially tricky for him. One wrong step and it was all over. Once they took flight, there was no way for him to catch up to them. Sure he could jump, but he could never run up to them in time for that to save the hunt.

| Rolled 15 - Hunt successful |

The lark never knew he was there. With a quick leap and bite down its spine, the only sign of a hunt that tattled his presence here was the sudden lack of song in the air. Swiftly, Silverlark went back into the shadows, digging his catch into a secure hole for protection from the elements while he tracked once more. It seemed that today was his lucky day, as once more, it seemed prey was being noisier than usual upon the forest floor. Despite the clear sky, there was a layer of frost on the ground that provided a telling crunch. One that the enforcer was currently doing his best to avoid, yet the vole that he could now spot downwind from him had made no sign of even noticing as it dug around for food.

| Rolled 13 - Hunt successful |

Whether it was due to hunger, distraction, or it simply not being the brightest vole in the forest, once more the silver throated warrior found himself with an easy hunt. In an instant he was atop the rodent, and before it had even noticed the cat before him, it had died. Chest puffed up with pride, the stocky tom realized that he had never had a more successful hunting day! He considered going for another critter. See if he could bring even more to camp. But optimistic as he was, he knew better than to push his luck. Twice lucky was amazing! Did he really want to sour his good day and end it with a failed hunt? Nope. Nope nope nope. He wanted the knowledge that he had gotten the bird and the vole and he was two for two today, heh heh! Giddily, the warrior turned around, eager to dig up his bird and head on back to meet up with Darkydark.

[Prey caught - 1 Lark + 1 Vole]

@Dark [Darkfall]
| Today and tomorrow are big holiday days in my country, so I might not be too available! Hopefully this post is alright for completing the patrol? I'll try to have Silver respond, but feel free to wrap up the patrol and assume Silver followed along! |

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Active

Darkfall nodded to the other neforcer before taking his leave as well. He figured that he’d have to work extra hard to find something because they were currently in the middle of Leafbare. He also just wanted to show off his hunting skills.

Stalking through the dark forest, it didn’t take long for the large tabby to catch the smell of a mouse. That brought back memories. The first prey he ever tried to hunt had been a mouse, and he could very clearly remember the previous Enforcer Commander bowling him over as he was about to catch it. Hmm… He wondered how Cougarivy was, he hadn’t seen her since long before Elmshadow’s death. Hopefully she was okay, he hadn’t been too fond of the warrior, but she was a great member of the clan regardless.

Anyways, back to the hunt. It didn’t take long for Darkfall to find the small creature scampering about the undergrowth. Perfect. [i]Like an Ultimate Predator[/ii], Darkfall crept forward on silent paws, being sure to keep his crouch low and weight distributed evenly. Mice were sensitive to sounds and vibrations, so he had to be extra careful. Blue eyes narrowed in concentration, he sprang out from his hiding place and quickly broke the mouse’s spine with a heavy-pawed blow – killing it instantly.

Well, one down, more to go. Not liking the idea of leaving his prey just anywhere with the current situation (and likely starving predators), he decided to carry the mouse along with him while he looked for a suitable place to cache it.

Or at least, that was the plan. Not long into his walk he heard the caw of crows. A nuisance really, but nothing he couldn’t handle. Or so he thought. The dark birds started bombarding him, swooping down to peck him, perhaps in an attempt to make him drop his prey. It was only two of them, but they were annoying. Very very annoying.

After actually nearly dropping his mouse, he snapped. The second that one of them swooped down to harass him again, he reared up on his hind legs and tore his claws through it’s wings – causing it to fall to the ground in a heap and the other one to fly away. Watching the large bird flutter on the ground pittiably, he shook his head. A shame that things had to end this way, but his clan needed to eat. ”StarClan, thank you for providing for us once again,” he mumbled softly as he set his mouse down. Approaching the terrified crow, he grabbed it by its neck and quickly snuffed the life out of its body. Maybe Larkfire would like this one… he’d have to ask.

Collecting his prey, he made his way back to where he and the other tom had parted ways.
+1 Mouse, +1 Crow

[ @/Alchemist Kitsune totally not super late]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old January 16th, 2024, 07:38 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Active | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Active

Silverlark wasn't certain how long he had been waiting for the dark enforcer. Shortly after he had arrived to their meet up spot, the tom had taken to leaping in the air, practicing some combat moves while Darkfall arrived. It was good to stay in motion. To keep working whenever possible. Otherwise his mind would start to wander, and he didn't like it when his mind wandered lately. It brought images of his dead sister and grandfather. His dead mum. His dead friend. The stocky enforcer had to admit that... even though he was still hurt over how easily the new medicine cat had disposed of their relationship, he admittedly preferred being abandoned to yet another untimely death.

Landing with a heavy thud upon the ground, his side crushing the soil beneath him as he rolled to his side defensively, rounded ears perked up, gaze soon following. A grin was swiftly plastered over the young warrior's face as he raised a paw in greeting, calling out loudly to the older enforcer. It looked like Darkydark had like, totally gone and gotten some awesome prey. No toads or frogs, boo, but a bird and a mousey mouse - similar enough to a vole - just like him! Looks like they tied this time, heh heh! That was okay, though, that was okay! More food for the clan and they had fun! Victory!

"Yo! Darkydark! You back! Nice catch, nice catch, mmmhmm. Let's go back yeah? Yeah yeah! Bet the deps waiting for us. If we're lucky, maybe we can beat the other patrols getting there, heh heh," Silverlark chortled, the concept of time completely lost on him as he picked up his lark and vole, ready to follow up after the patrol leader.

@Dark [Darkfall]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old January 25th, 2024, 07:05 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

Not many cats wandered around here. Silverlark couldn't really blame them. As far as ShadowClan's territory went, this place was particularly foreboding. He never thought of his home as being dank, depressive, or oppressive like some of the other warriors at gatherings had suggested - much to his admitted confusion - but the heartlands were admittedly everything but hearty if anyone were to ask him. Death seem to seep out of this place, providing not even plentiful prey. Not compared to the other regions within the clan's domain. Yet here he was. His dark, gray limbs carrying him through the dead woods' paths and roots as he secured the place for his clanmates.

It was a lonesome patrol. The young enforcer was used to those. Between his tasks as an apprentice involving guard duty and having been promoted early in his warriorhood to enforcer - what had it been, a moon - he found himself wandering the less visited parts of the territory by himself, making sure that no enemies lurked in the shadows. The scent of lynx was still light but present in the air, a fact that simply fueled his need to stay vigilant. It wasn't safe to take reckless action against the giant beasts. Much as ShadowClan outnumbered them, they were dangerous. Even he could tell as much. Perhaps if they had more enforcers at the ready?

A sigh escaped Silverlark as he paused, his tail giving a small, frustrated twitch. Other than Whisk, no cat had really stood out to him for the job of enforcer. And with how angry Dawnstar had been last meeting... well... He hadn't really been getting around to befriending cats of late. He'd lost so much this moon alone, the young warrior didn't want to risk more heartbreak so soon. Of course, it didn't help that now that he found himself not starting conversations with everyone he bumped into, it became abundantly clear that... it had always been him who had approached others. It was almost as though if ShadowClan cats didn't like socializing much... It certainly gave some truth to some of the idle prattle he'd heard at gatherings. Over how ShadowClan cats were cold and calculating, united only by violence and a thirst for blood. He didn't believe the latter part, of course. He knew better than to think his clan any more violent than the likes of the thunder rats. Yet in this cold, snowy night he couldn't help but miss the warmth he'd lost when they'd gone... It was a long, silent, eternal sorrow that clung to his pelt now that Risingpaw and Starrywisp were no longer around to light the dark.

| Open |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old January 25th, 2024, 07:38 PM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

Not many cats wandered around here. Silverlark couldn't really blame them. As far as ShadowClan's territory went, this place was particularly foreboding. He never thought of his home as being dank, depressive, or oppressive like some of the other warriors at gatherings had suggested - much to his admitted confusion - but the heartlands were admittedly everything but hearty if anyone were to ask him. Death seem to seep out of this place, providing not even plentiful prey. Not compared to the other regions within the clan's domain. Yet here he was. His dark, gray limbs carrying him through the dead woods' paths and roots as he secured the place for his clanmates.

It was a lonesome patrol. The young enforcer was used to those. Between his tasks as an apprentice involving guard duty and having been promoted early in his warriorhood to enforcer - what had it been, a moon - he found himself wandering the less visited parts of the territory by himself, making sure that no enemies lurked in the shadows. The scent of lynx was still light but present in the air, a fact that simply fueled his need to stay vigilant. It wasn't safe to take reckless action against the giant beasts. Much as ShadowClan outnumbered them, they were dangerous. Even he could tell as much. Perhaps if they had more enforcers at the ready?

A sigh escaped Silverlark as he paused, his tail giving a small, frustrated twitch. Other than Whisk, no cat had really stood out to him for the job of enforcer. And with how angry Dawnstar had been last meeting... well... He hadn't really been getting around to befriending cats of late. He'd lost so much this moon alone, the young warrior didn't want to risk more heartbreak so soon. Of course, it didn't help that now that he found himself not starting conversations with everyone he bumped into, it became abundantly clear that... it had always been him who had approached others. It was almost as though if ShadowClan cats didn't like socializing much... It certainly gave some truth to some of the idle prattle he'd heard at gatherings. Over how ShadowClan cats were cold and calculating, united only by violence and a thirst for blood. He didn't believe the latter part, of course. He knew better than to think his clan any more violent than the likes of the thunder rats. Yet in this cold, snowy night he couldn't help but miss the warmth he'd lost when they'd gone... It was a long, silent, eternal sorrow that clung to his pelt now that Risingpaw and Starrywisp were no longer around to light the dark.

| Open |

NightWolf would normally be found hunting in the wetlands but today prey had been particularly scarce, so he moved on. As he hunted he found himself in the heartlands, the snow beneath him cracked as he moved around, being a large cat made the snow quite the challenge but a challenge he enjoyed.

He opened his mouth and drank in the scents around him, the patrol had just come through this area, but there was no scent of prey nearby, until he caught the faintest scent of a squirrel, it must have ran out of food and came out of its shelter for food, a perfect chance for Night to test his skills.

Immediately he went into the hunters crouch, he followed the scent and listened for movement, he moved through the snow quietly, he had spent all leafbare perfecting his movements through snow and now that he moved as quietly as a mouse even with his large size.

He then spotted the squirrel, it was under a tree digging quietly through the snow in search of seeds or nuts, Night crept closer until he was a fox length away from it, he pounced and by the time the squirrel noticed him, it was too late, Night finished it off with a single swipe.

This squirrel will make a fine addition to the freshkill pile, he buries it to collect it later, he shakes off the snow from his coat and drinks in the air again, the hunt will continue. The clan has suffered much this past moon, he will do anything and everything possible to ensure the clan becomes strong again, even if it means hunting all day.

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY