by BEAR.
Last post by Neptune.
Today 08:26 PM

Old January 28th, 2023, 09:52 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

It felt like her paws were barely hitting the ground as she raced across the territory, a squeaking mouse just a tail's length in front of her. After ShadowClan's prey shortage not long ago, the former queen had been getting increasingly antsy it would happen again. So day after day, she would head out to hunt, as if obsessed with gathering prey. And day after day, she would stare at the hardly increasing preypile, each time being reminded of the starving kittens and queens. Worry would grow deep within her chest until she would leave in the dead of night, trying to hunt until dawn broke on the horizon or she no longer could. Tonight wasn't much different.

The moon hung high in the sky, illuminating a dark path through the canopy of pine trees. After seeing the amount of prey that had gone to waste the other day, Nightshiver once more couldn't find the rest to lay down and sleep. Instead, she went out to try and hunt, like the previous night, and the night before that. But much like those two nights, her efforts were largely in vain. Unlike before her lengthy disappearance, the white lady found herself out of breath rather quickly. Naturally she had no issue sneaking up on prey to catch them, but she did tire out far more quickly than before, nor would be able to keep up long enough if a chase ensued. Honestly, it troubled her. She could guess why she was experiencing this trouble; after all, she had been unable to hunt for quite some time and was largely out of practice. Though, may be in denial of the effect of her decreased food in take. Normally it hadn't been an issue, and yet.

Just like every night, unable to keep up with the running mouse, she was forced to slow to a halt. Thin sides heaving and breathing deeply to catch her breath, Nightshiver slunk down to a sit. This was another reason the warrior did her hunting at night, other than her inability to find sleep easily. It was because she got out of breath so quickly. If anyone saw her she could hardly imagine the trouble that might cause. ShadowClan had always been a clan full of strong felines, and she wasn't exactly a part of that. Especially not now.

[ @SuspiciousMindz - apologies for the delay, it completely slipped my mind I still had to put up this starter ]

Last edited by Estelle; January 28th, 2023 at 09:52 AM.
Old January 29th, 2023, 08:19 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupidity View Post
❛ ━━・❪ Open ❫ ・━━ ❜

tw for very real depictions of a panic attack! if anyone wishes to lend a paw to gentlepaw , they are allowed. any and all reactions are ic opinions!

a new day dawned within shadowclan territory. the sun had begun to rise, and cats had begun to shift around and begin their hustle bustle. with a melting of the snow, she was all prepared to get some prey. she needed something, anything, to get buy until new leaf. but this wasn't a good start to Gentlepaw’s day. as she woke up, she immediately felt uneasy. her gaze snapped open as she frantically searched the den with the little bits of sunlight poking through the den's entrance. too stuffy. she told herself, and without so much of a stretch, she walked out of the den, eyes searching around the camp. there was a lot of cats around. everyone moving in one direction or the other, all of them busy. she... felt off. something felt wrong.

somethings wrong. a voice whispered in her head, and she instinctively look around trying to find the source of her increasing anxiety. she couldn't see anything, which only made the panic worse. there was something wrong. what? what was wrong? what's wrong? what's happening? something's wrong, something's wrong! i can't- what's- s-something- her eyes began to dart around as she took a few frantic steps forward, head twisting in each direction her eyes manage to go. her chest began to heave in and out, body beginning to tremble as her jaw parted to allow shaky breaths to escape their lungs rapidly. c-can't... can't breathe...

her eyes shrunk back as she began to hyperventilate more notably, paw lifting from the ground as if she wanted to step away from her anxiety, but she couldn't move. she was frozen. her jaw trembled as she tried to control her breathing, which only made it worse. she was panicking. she was having a full blown panic attack, and there was nothing they could do to stop it from happening. pl-please... m-mom... i c-cant... can't... no... m-make it- m-make it st-stop... tears formed in the wells of her eyes, as she stood trying to help herself. it was no use. she couldn't do anything like this.

THornclaw stoppedin his midst as gentlepaw snarled at him the tom stayed silent as gentlepaw said sorry his eyes full of confusion and worriedness " i-i'll leave you alone i'm sorry if i was bugging you i was just worried" she replied softly before turning and walking off

Woollyfeather walked slowly through the marshy territory, for once in her life avoiding the worst of the mud Puddles as best as she could. She didn't feel like cleaning her pelt when she got home and it really wasn't a day she was to feel her fur sticking to her.
Bad texture day. She had to be more careful than usual.
But walking sl[wly gave her so much more time to gaze at the scenery around her and enjoy the beauty of her home.

She didn't get to enjoy it too much longer as suddenly she heard an angry snarl off in the distance. Worry prickled at her pelt and so she headed in that direction, keeping her eyes and ears peeled for the possibility of a problem.
However, as she neared Gentlepaw, the only thing she could scent was ShadowClan and..... well, the marsh and the pines. There was nothing strange or unusual going on here that she could immediately tell, except maybe that a clanmate seemed to have been by so very recently.
Carefully, Woollyfeather took a step closer to the apprentice, making sure to step out of the younger cat's blind spot in her field of vision.
Gentlepaw," She murmured oh so softly as she took a small step closer, head lowered and tilting slightly.
"Gentlepaw, dear. Would you look my way for just a moment? What happened? Do you want to talk about it?"
She took another few small steps, her concern quite obvious on her features and in her voice.

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old January 29th, 2023, 09:59 AM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi 99 View Post
Shadefrost hung his head and released a long sigh, "it's like it all went through one ear and out the other," he said under his breath. This conversation was honestly starting to feel hopeless and exhausting the longer it carried on. "Okay. Nothing is going to sit still and wait for you to kill it, that's not how things work in the forest. And I'm not saying that your ability to catch prey is weak in any way either. However if you do not learn to use stealth when hunting you will hardly ever see a single whisker in this forest." He stopped and gave a thoughtful look and continued, "I fell like you're going to comment again so let me make this very clear to you. I was not exaggerating about the “not seeing a whisker” thing. Just because you hear or smell the prey close by, doesn’t mean you can just walk in it’s direction and by some miracle it be dumb enough to not run when it hears or possibly feels you coming. And yes, I said when. Because if you do not proceed towards it in a hunters crouch to minamize the noise you make and the vibrations you send into the earth it will know you are there before you’d know it’s gone.” Shadefrost wondered briefly whether Foxpaw would listen to what he’d just said, but seconds later he answered his own question. ”C’mon, follow me, we’re going a little deeper towards the heart of the forest.”
"Fine. Then actually help me. Don't just tell me I'm wrong and tell me corrections that make no sense." Foxpaw muttered, following their mentor
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old January 29th, 2023, 11:48 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

It felt like her paws were barely hitting the ground as she raced across the territory, a squeaking mouse just a tail's length in front of her. After ShadowClan's prey shortage not long ago, the former queen had been getting increasingly antsy it would happen again. So day after day, she would head out to hunt, as if obsessed with gathering prey. And day after day, she would stare at the hardly increasing preypile, each time being reminded of the starving kittens and queens. Worry would grow deep within her chest until she would leave in the dead of night, trying to hunt until dawn broke on the horizon or she no longer could. Tonight wasn't much different.

The moon hung high in the sky, illuminating a dark path through the canopy of pine trees. After seeing the amount of prey that had gone to waste the other day, Nightshiver once more couldn't find the rest to lay down and sleep. Instead, she went out to try and hunt, like the previous night, and the night before that. But much like those two nights, her efforts were largely in vain. Unlike before her lengthy disappearance, the white lady found herself out of breath rather quickly. Naturally she had no issue sneaking up on prey to catch them, but she did tire out far more quickly than before, nor would be able to keep up long enough if a chase ensued. Honestly, it troubled her. She could guess why she was experiencing this trouble; after all, she had been unable to hunt for quite some time and was largely out of practice. Though, may be in denial of the effect of her decreased food in take. Normally it hadn't been an issue, and yet.

Just like every night, unable to keep up with the running mouse, she was forced to slow to a halt. Thin sides heaving and breathing deeply to catch her breath, Nightshiver slunk down to a sit. This was another reason the warrior did her hunting at night, other than her inability to find sleep easily. It was because she got out of breath so quickly. If anyone saw her she could hardly imagine the trouble that might cause. ShadowClan had always been a clan full of strong felines, and she wasn't exactly a part of that. Especially not now.

[ @SuspiciousMindz - apologies for the delay, it completely slipped my mind I still had to put up this starter ]

Hawkbite

Hawkbite had taken it upon himself to go out on a solo hunt today. There wasn't too much of anything else to do at the moment and the clan was always in need of prey. Leaf-bare would come to an end soon and the prey would be more active, they just had to make it through another couple of moons.

The dark tabby slowly padded through the pine forest. His ears were twitching, searching for any signs of life. So far, nothing out of the normal bird flight. They were too high up for him to even attempt a climb, so back to searching on the ground. Hopefully they'd come flocking down somewhere. Even birds had to eat.

However, it wasn't long before the tabby tom heard some hard breaths. They were soft, but he could tell they were nearby. He paused in his steps to pinpoint the sound, he couldn't help but wonder who it was. Carefully, he crept through the underbrush to come across a white she-cat. He wasn't familiar with her, but her scent let him know she was a ShadowClan warrior. He had to check in, even if he didn't particularly want to, it was the right thing to do.

"Are you okay?" His voice was soft to try to keep her from spooking too badly. He was behind her at this moment.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old January 30th, 2023, 04:44 AM
Vanity of Vanities

Status: Currently reading the New Prophecy series of Warrior Cats
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbone View Post

"Fine. Then actually help me. Don't just tell me I'm wrong and tell me corrections that make no sense." Foxpaw muttered, following their mentor
This little brat! Thought the black-colored tom without turning to look behind him. He was now genuinely annoyed from his nose to his tail tip, but he wasn’t going to do any more arguing. It wouldn’t help much anyway, especially when it was evident that the apprentice wasn’t in the mood to listen to reason from an experienced warrior. He released another sigh, though it was silent this time, and kept his ears pricked for whatever might be lurking in the forest out of sight. Fighting a fox really wasn’t on his agenda today nor was fighting a badger, so while they walked he made sure to scan his surrounding for any sign of trouble. Any faint scents that he could smell in the atmosphere or unusual flattened herbs that they’d passed by or sounds that he couldn’t identify. Finally, he stopped abruptly, figuring that this was as far as they’d need to go. ”Alright this is what’s going to happen, first we’re going to work on your hunter’s crouch, and also you’re stalk until you can do it without a problem. Don’t worry it won’t take long and plus I’ll be here to help you whenever you need it. Anyway, after you’ve mastered the basics, we’ll do some real hunting. I really hope we can get this done as quickly as possible before we end up running into something even worse than badgers, thought the Shadowclan warrior worriedly.

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer
Old January 30th, 2023, 08:18 AM
~The Swift army arrives!~

Bump Policy: anytime
My Mood: Queenly

@Skycloud
Shadowheart waited for Flameroot so they could start hunting.

@Thechaoticdigitalcircus drew a turtle here @Festive Snowyfeathr drew a battleship here. There is a message that says: “Here’s 20 mangos! : D” -@Thankful4seonghwa Vix drew an evil kitty here. A ghost scribbled a emo girl and a bunch of flowers "I will rise 2024" - @_Eclispe_ @~Mothdust~ drew Willowpaw, Mothdust , and Rainpaw playing @blxze drew a rat here /Vm me to be added to the list

My art shop

My characters (WIP)
Old January 30th, 2023, 10:33 AM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi 99 View Post
This little brat! Thought the black-colored tom without turning to look behind him. He was now genuinely annoyed from his nose to his tail tip, but he wasn’t going to do any more arguing. It wouldn’t help much anyway, especially when it was evident that the apprentice wasn’t in the mood to listen to reason from an experienced warrior. He released another sigh, though it was silent this time, and kept his ears pricked for whatever might be lurking in the forest out of sight. Fighting a fox really wasn’t on his agenda today nor was fighting a badger, so while they walked he made sure to scan his surrounding for any sign of trouble. Any faint scents that he could smell in the atmosphere or unusual flattened herbs that they’d passed by or sounds that he couldn’t identify. Finally, he stopped abruptly, figuring that this was as far as they’d need to go. ”Alright this is what’s going to happen, first we’re going to work on your hunter’s crouch, and also you’re stalk until you can do it without a problem. Don’t worry it won’t take long and plus I’ll be here to help you whenever you need it. Anyway, after you’ve mastered the basics, we’ll do some real hunting. I really hope we can get this done as quickly as possible before we end up running into something even worse than badgers, thought the Shadowclan warrior worriedly.
Foxpaw dropped into his best impression of a hunters crouch. It wasn't too bad, as they had already worked it with her mentor before, but he definitely still needed some work on it. They tried to stalk in that position, but as she had done before, he struggled to move properly. Though they didn't know this, the reason she was having so much trouble was because he was locking their legs into place, preventing her from moving them properly.

(foxpaws using all pronouns rn)
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old January 30th, 2023, 01:43 PM
def back now

Bump Policy: 24-48 hours
My Mood: Sneaky

A soft pale moonlight filtered through the thick trees that littered the shadowclan territory. With any chance it could get, small soft piles of snow blanket the ground below. The coldness of leafbare shook those who were born with short fur. The day had come and gone by in a blink of an eye. It was almost as if the world knew what was about to happen that very night. Asterpaw had finished her duties quite late that day. Determined to find at least a prey or two before she would call it quits and go back home for the night.

Frozenbrook had decided to do some basic battle training with some of the other mentors and their apprentices before deciding to let her apprentice go out to hunt alone. Wanting to see where the molly's abilities currently lie and what she would need to do to help push the young apprentice in the right direction. Asterpaw had spent what felt like ages trying to find anything and everything under the sun before she managed to find a mouse or two. Accomplished with what she managed to get she happily went back to camp to deposit what she caught in the fresh-kill pile before she decided to lay by the apprentice den.

Despite how busy she had been the two-toned molly just couldn't seem to find herself going to sleep any time soon. It was as if her thoughts were on haywire, never-ending and yet all quiet at the same time. It was as if ants were crawling all about in her fur so what's better than trying to force sleep upon herself? Going out to explore.

Pushing herself up from her laying position Asterpaw had made her way towards the camp interest when a figure caught the corner of her eye. Squinting slightly she sunk down and crept forward until she was at leaping distance, "What are you doing up!" She whispered yelled noticing that before her was the soon to be apprentice, Moonkit.
Old January 30th, 2023, 02:07 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

╔═════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═════════╗
Moonkit (she/her)
Black calico with half face ginger and amber eyes
╚═════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═════════╝

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

The black calico she-kit stopped abruptly at the sound of another cat, who was evidently referring to her as she tried to sneak out as usual after midnight.
She turned slowly to see an unfamiliar shape padding toward her, shiny eyes piercing through the darkness and reaching her directly. She looked the size of an apprentice, but the color of her pelt wasn't clear. Moonkit was pretty sure not to have seen her around camp, but maybe she just hadn't noticed. It wasn't like she was much interested in other apprentices, or other cats in general.

"Go back to sleep! I'm going... to the dirt tunnel." She lied, turning again to head toward the dirtplace without watching back to see if this cat had really left her.
Grr, why does it always happen with apprentices? First Pinepaw, and now this one that I don't even know... Never a chance to have some quiet time!

[ @cottagecake ]
Old January 30th, 2023, 02:36 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

[ @Kat @Darkclaws ]

Shadowfur lead his patrol way out into ShadowClan’s territory, until the markers of their border with the outskirts hit his scent glands.

Halting, the black Enforcer turned to his patrolmates. “Larkfire, perhaps you and Darkfall should hunt together?” he suggested. “There’s often large prey in these parts. I imagine the two of you are familiar with one another’s hunting techniques, seeing as you trained together.”

[ POSTING ORDER: Shadowfur - Larkfire - Darkfall ]
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.