Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How many buhs can we get
by hades.
Last post by hades.
Today 02:31 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by SentimentalSquid
Today 02:18 PM
I've returned... to find a...
Last post by JackHunt_17
Today 02:14 PM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by elaif
Today 02:11 PM

Old April 21st, 2020, 02:32 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
[ @Zesty Mango ]

Mistfall lead Eveningpaw towards the quiet pond. This was a great place to teach someone to hunt and swim. The water was still, unlike the river, so it made it easier to catch the fish. They were easier to see and moving slower since there no current to swim with. The warrior took a deep breath to calm her nerves, praying to Starclan that she wouldn't mess up too much while teaching her new apprentice to hunt. She wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing that her apprentice was older. They would most likely be less clumsy and more alert than a younger cat, but they also were use to a completely different kind of hunting and would have to learn to fish instead of hunting land-prey. They were very different.

"Okay," the warrior stopped a few paw steps from the edge and turned to Eveningpaw. "There are a few things to keep in mind, it's not as easy as it seems," this was from personal experience. She waved her tail for the other molly to come closer. "You need to get close to the water and you have to wait. This can take patience and sometimes you're muscles can get stiff," she got into position to show Eveningpaw. "But you don't want to lean over the water, fishes can see your shadow and will be scared away." Mistfall was close to the river, crouching next to it, but was not leaning over the water. This made it slightly more difficult to see the fish when they were close, but at least they weren't scaring any away. Her pale blue gaze watching her apprentice to see if she explained and demonstrated well enough.
Eveningpaw gave a small nod, she was speaking softly because due to her experience of hunting land prey, she knew that if she spoke to loud she’d alert the prey,” Alright.” she nodded before sitting down next to the pond and angling herself so that her shadow wouldn’t be visible, it took her a couple attempts the angle it correctly, but once she had it.She awaited Mistfall’s approval. She glanced at the water watching the fish swim Why can’t I just do a hunter’s crouch in the water and pounce? It’s shallow enough here...oh right deeper rivers, you can’t swim after fish can you? she thought

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 21st, 2020, 05:59 PM
#RedInStead

My Mood: Distracted

He chuckled once more at the young kit. "Don't worry young one, we aren't going to harm you." Hearing that the kit was hungry and looked young enough to maybe still be on milk. "Would you like to come back to our home? We have food and shelter." He crouched down cuffing the young kit on the ear with his large paw.
@The Shadow Flower @hal @Alexcentri
Time sensitive RPs count in this count.

Last edited by Wings; April 21st, 2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2020, 05:31 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

[ @Dipper ]

He was early.

Swanfeather's steps were light as he traveled to the Cattail Pond, his eyes bright and shining in the moonlight. In his mouth, he carried a crown of flowers, all the same, but of different shades of blue. He approached the pond and gently laid the flower crown down, ensuring it was safe before he walked closer to the pond. Tail twitching back and forth calmly, Swanfeather dipped his paw into the water, watching it ripple with the sudden displacement. He tilted his head to the side curiously. The ways of water always intrigued him, though he didn't take the time to examine it clearly. Simply watching the stars glitter atop tiny waves was enough for him.

Crickets could be heard around him, chirping away, living their lives in the dead of night. A slight breeze passed through his fur and he allowed himself to relax even more, feeling almost weightless as he basked in the moonlight. Oh, daytime was quite beautiful, but nighttime... he loved it. Perfect for relaxing, clearing your head, going for a peaceful walk, or a romantic outing. Not that the planned meeting was to be a romantic outing-- oh, no, the thought hadn't even crossed his mind!

Swanfeather closed his eyes, head raised to the sky. It smiled down upon him, whispering a sweet melody within his ears. Though as he allowed himself to become lost in the peace, the tom almost forgot the reason he was there. He had to prepare for Fawnsqueak's arrival! He gave his fur a few quick licks and made sure the flower crown was held together nicely, then spun around and gently plucked a cattail from its stem. Laying it on the ground, he dragged his claw down it, unable to stifle the giggle that escaped as fluff exploded out.

He nudged it around, fixing it up as though he were making a nest. From his time in the town, Swanfeather remembered some housecats speaking of 'blankets', a fluffy material to lay on or under. So, he made his own! In order to not disturb it, the tom didn't sit on the cat-made blanket just yet. Of course, he had to allow Fawnsqueak to sit first, it was common courtesy!

Finally, the moon creeped higher in the sky until it was about time for Fawnsqueak to arrive. As time ticked by, Swanfeather found himself becoming anxious and twitchy. Would the other tom show up? What if he really didn't want to learn? Swanfeather had so much to teach him! What if he didn't like the flower crown, or was allergic to that type of flower? Swanfeather tried to settle his nervousness, not wanting to be flustered before Fawnsqueak even arrived.

After a while, he heard a creak in the woods, head turning to look in its direction. Shuffling his paws, Swanfeather decided to softly call out:

"Fawn-Fawn? Are ya there?"

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old April 22nd, 2020, 02:00 PM
pair of legs

My Mood: Tired

Branch had a worried look to his eyes, but he knew that it was the best place to go and that he and his friends would be safe. The tom could hear it in the cat's voice that there wasn't going to be any harm to them. He flicked his eyes up to the much taller cats and nodded. "Ok, I'll go." His fur had slowly been going down into its much less poofy, yet still disheveled, fluffy state. Branch got closer to the odd-smelling cats and was ready to go with them back to wherever they came from.

@The Shadow Flower @hal @Wings
(Idk if hal is going to post or not but here's mine just for whenever you're ready to take the kit(s) back)
Old April 22nd, 2020, 03:20 PM
5,445 posts on old site

@.Bread.
Salmonsong glanced at Duckpaw,” After what happened last time I took you out for training, I think I should teach you to swim.” she purred,” Don’t worry, this pond is a bit shallow and their aren’t any currents here and it’s enclosed so you won’t drown here.” she meowed. Despite knowing it wasn’t the most shallow as Salmonsong could swim there, and could touch the bottom with ease. She gave a reassuring smile.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 22nd, 2020, 08:08 PM
is cereal a soup?

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
@.Bread.
Salmonsong glanced at Duckpaw,” After what happened last time I took you out for training, I think I should teach you to swim.” she purred,” Don’t worry, this pond is a bit shallow and their aren’t any currents here and it’s enclosed so you won’t drown here.” she meowed. Despite knowing it wasn’t the most shallow as Salmonsong could swim there, and could touch the bottom with ease. She gave a reassuring smile.
Even though Duckpaw was a bit scarred from the river, she trusted Salmonsong. She had always wanted to learn how to swim. She looked down into the pond at her reflection, then looked up at her mentor and gave her a huge grin.

→˚₊·* please bump me if i haven't responded in 48 hours! *·₊˚←

‧₊˚ || slow replies | character site || ˚₊‧
Old April 22nd, 2020, 08:11 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Bread. View Post
Even though Duckpaw was a bit scarred from the river, she trusted Salmonsong. She had always wanted to learn how to swim. She looked down into the pond at her reflection, then looked up at her mentor and gave her a huge grin.
Salmonsong, to make her trust her, got in the water, treading lightly,” You keep your legs moving, like your walking in the water.

Old April 22nd, 2020, 08:30 PM
is cereal a soup?

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Salmonsong, to make her trust her, got in the water, treading lightly,” You keep your legs moving, like your walking in the water.
Duckpaw slowly walked into the water after Salmonsong. As she walked further into the water, she made odd motions with her legs DEFINITELY not like Salmonsongs. ”Like this?” the young apprentice asked as she shifted her actions.

→˚₊·* please bump me if i haven't responded in 48 hours! *·₊˚←

‧₊˚ || slow replies | character site || ˚₊‧
Old April 23rd, 2020, 01:18 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxneysuckle View Post
[ @Dipper ]

He was early.

Swanfeather's steps were light as he traveled to the Cattail Pond, his eyes bright and shining in the moonlight. In his mouth, he carried a crown of flowers, all the same, but of different shades of blue. He approached the pond and gently laid the flower crown down, ensuring it was safe before he walked closer to the pond. Tail twitching back and forth calmly, Swanfeather dipped his paw into the water, watching it ripple with the sudden displacement. He tilted his head to the side curiously. The ways of water always intrigued him, though he didn't take the time to examine it clearly. Simply watching the stars glitter atop tiny waves was enough for him.

Crickets could be heard around him, chirping away, living their lives in the dead of night. A slight breeze passed through his fur and he allowed himself to relax even more, feeling almost weightless as he basked in the moonlight. Oh, daytime was quite beautiful, but nighttime... he loved it. Perfect for relaxing, clearing your head, going for a peaceful walk, or a romantic outing. Not that the planned meeting was to be a romantic outing-- oh, no, the thought hadn't even crossed his mind!

Swanfeather closed his eyes, head raised to the sky. It smiled down upon him, whispering a sweet melody within his ears. Though as he allowed himself to become lost in the peace, the tom almost forgot the reason he was there. He had to prepare for Fawnsqueak's arrival! He gave his fur a few quick licks and made sure the flower crown was held together nicely, then spun around and gently plucked a cattail from its stem. Laying it on the ground, he dragged his claw down it, unable to stifle the giggle that escaped as fluff exploded out.

He nudged it around, fixing it up as though he were making a nest. From his time in the town, Swanfeather remembered some housecats speaking of 'blankets', a fluffy material to lay on or under. So, he made his own! In order to not disturb it, the tom didn't sit on the cat-made blanket just yet. Of course, he had to allow Fawnsqueak to sit first, it was common courtesy!

Finally, the moon creeped higher in the sky until it was about time for Fawnsqueak to arrive. As time ticked by, Swanfeather found himself becoming anxious and twitchy. Would the other tom show up? What if he really didn't want to learn? Swanfeather had so much to teach him! What if he didn't like the flower crown, or was allergic to that type of flower? Swanfeather tried to settle his nervousness, not wanting to be flustered before Fawnsqueak even arrived.

After a while, he heard a creak in the woods, head turning to look in its direction. Shuffling his paws, Swanfeather decided to softly call out:

"Fawn-Fawn? Are ya there?"
Fawnsqueak had waited, the details of the meeting weighing on his mind, until it was time. His exit from the den had been ridiculous at best as he'd crept along the outer edges of the camp and avoided rustling the reeds, then remembered he was a warrior and warriors didn't do that. Warriors didn't need to sneak out of camp. So he was awkward in his new strategy: just leave. Which didn't feel like something he should be able to do, but here he was in the territory approaching Cattail Pond.

His ears flicked forward at the call of his name. That definitely sounded like Swanfeather, though the irrational side of him briefly considered the possibility of someone doing an elaborate Swanfeather impersonation or.. or this being a prank of some sort. That didn't seem like something he'd do. Shaking away the stupid fear, he wriggled through the reeds and brightened upon seeing Swanfeather, puff tail raising joyfully. "Hey," he said, a little breathless, maybe nervous. Trying to remember tips from their last conversation, he carried on, "This... is nice. The pond, the.. uh-- whatever you have going there." The burst of fluff on the ground, he didn't know quite what to call it. "And you, you... are always nice too."

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old April 23rd, 2020, 02:11 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

[ @Dipper ]

As Fawnsqueak approached, he felt a wide, giddy grin pull at his lips. The other tom looked gorgeous in the moonlight, he almost couldn't believe it. Swanfeather swallowed down a slight tingle of nervousness and opened his mouth to speak. "Howdy, glad ya made it," he greeted, his heart pounding, "Thank ya. I thought ya'd like somethin' to lay on while yer here. It's pretty soft, I hope ya like it. Heard 'bout it from some housecats in the town, 'parrently it's called a 'blanket'." Fawnsqueak's last compliment made his eyes brighten, pelt heating up slightly. A quiet "yer nice too" came from the tom before he remembered the flower crown, tail twitching.

Swanfeather gently picked it up, walking closer to Fawnsqueak and placing it atop his head. Ensuring it was in place, he stepped back and sat down, admiring his work. "Made that fer ya. Hope I picked the right kinda flowers, ya look beautiful wit' it." Even in the dim light of the moon, he could see how stunning the blue looked against Fawnsqueak's fur. Just looking at the tom made him flustered, goodness!

Not wanting to have an awkward silence, he continued. "I can teach ya how to make one, if ya want. We cam make em while I teach ya lesson one of How Not To Be Awkward." Swanfeather giggled at his own joke, tail twitching with laughter. "We'd hafta gather some flowers before we start, if ya wanna do that. If not, we can get ourselves situated 'n' start right 'way. It's all up to ya, Fawn-Fawn." His head tilted to the side, a curious smile on his lips as he awaited Fawnsqueak's answer.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥