Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by hades.
Today 10:25 AM
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 10:19 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by forest
Today 10:14 AM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 09:46 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by burntToast
Today 09:44 AM

Old July 29th, 2018, 10:05 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
The medicine cat watched as Daydream made their way over to where a tangle of herbs lay on the floor. Heatherfur sincerely hoped that none of them had withered away during the dark time that had haunted her since discovering Surgestorm's death. What good was she to RiverClan if in her "disappearance" all her supplies had gone bad? She shook her head as if she couldn't bear the thought and focused on smoothing down her fur, taking her time and making sure each stroke of her tongue was making headway on her somewhat frazzled pelt. "I only had two training sessions with Surgestorm," she offered, racking her brain to recall the herbs and their uses that she had learned. "I know the basics; cobwebs, marigold, dried oak leaves, honey, horsetail, sweet sedge, catchweed, and goldenrod. Then we moved on to traveling herbs, just incase Fallenstar or Rowanflower needed to visit the StarCave. Those consisted of burnet, chamomile, daisies, sorrel, and ragwort." It had been easy to remember them, as Heatherfur had always a good sense of diligence and concentration when it came to perfecting new tasks. She reflected on each of their meanings for a bit in her head before continuing to smooth down her fur, switching her neck to work on the other side.
daydream hummed. they werent surprised for her lack of knowledge, she was new after all. they started to pick out the dead herbs, herbs that had been dry for many moons and needed to be thrown out, placing the fresher herbs back in an organized fashion,"ill be teaching you the basics for injuries, wounds, and sicknesses. just a few starters so you can handle yourself while im in shadowclan," they mewed. they felt old? for some reason. a little while ago they had been the newest medicine cat of the bunch. so aggressive and assertive, they didnt like to talk to anyone. it was cricketpaw who brought them out of their shell. and now here they were, being the longest running of the medicine cats now after surgestorms death, training basically half of the forest. they sure matured. "theyre herbs thatll be for more every day injuries, like crack paws, or stuff for the elders, little eye injuries or scratches and such." they explained. there was so much to teach they didnt know where to start.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 05:09 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
daydream hummed. they werent surprised for her lack of knowledge, she was new after all. they started to pick out the dead herbs, herbs that had been dry for many moons and needed to be thrown out, placing the fresher herbs back in an organized fashion,"ill be teaching you the basics for injuries, wounds, and sicknesses. just a few starters so you can handle yourself while im in shadowclan," they mewed. they felt old? for some reason. a little while ago they had been the newest medicine cat of the bunch. so aggressive and assertive, they didnt like to talk to anyone. it was cricketpaw who brought them out of their shell. and now here they were, being the longest running of the medicine cats now after surgestorms death, training basically half of the forest. they sure matured. "theyre herbs thatll be for more every day injuries, like crack paws, or stuff for the elders, little eye injuries or scratches and such." they explained. there was so much to teach they didnt know where to start.
Once Heatherfur was satisfied with the appearance of her light tabby fur - no parts were sticking out, and it appeared sleek and washed - she glanced up in the direction of where Daydream sat, going over what they were going to teach her today. "That sounds like the best plan of action. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it, but it's nothing like a warrior mentality." As much as she was learning about the new world of herbs, it was harder than she had initially thought. She was bred to fight with her claws and teeth; learning herbs and their uses was a bit more unnatural to her. She padded forward to sit beside Daydream, watching them sort the herbs in an expert fashion. Perhaps one day she would be able to do that, and Heatherfur smiled a bit. "I haven't heard much complaints from the elders lately, but I'll definitely go check on them in the coming days."

Last edited by Mauve; August 6th, 2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old August 5th, 2018, 02:26 AM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Once Heatherfur was satisfied with the appearance of her light tabby fur - no parts were sticking out, and it appeared sleek and washed - she glanced up in the direction of where Daydream sat, going over what they were going to teach her today. [B]"That sounds like the best plan of action. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it, but it's nothing like a warrior mentality." As much as she was learning about the new world of herbs, it was harder than she had initially thought. She was bred to fight with her claws and teeth; learning herbs and their uses was a bit more unnatural to her. She padded forward to sit beside Daydream, watching them sort the herbs in an expert fashion. Perhaps one day she would be able to do that, and Heatherfur smiled a bit. [B]"I haven't heard much complaints from the elders lately, but I'll definitely go check on them in the coming days."
daydream could relate. they had given up their life as a warrior to be a medicine cat just when they were so close. they missed it sometimes. "its hard to go down another path when youve known one way to your destination for so long," they hummed, organizing the herbs by what they were treated for. wounds in one side of the den, sicknesses in another, and so on. "but now that youre a medicine cat, remember you live by that code now. but i get it, once a warrior, youve always got a bit in you." they had struggled with it alot. they had been so angry and rebelling to being a medicine cat, doing what they wanted in how they acted. but they realized they were here to heal, not cause wars, which was something every cat needed to learn, whether its in a physical way or emotional way. "i remember training to be a warrior. i was one moon away till i had to start over.. my mentor said she wouldve named me daydancer, right after her." they trailed off at the memory, staring at the ground for a few seconds before clearing their throat,"anyway, onto todays lesson."
Old August 9th, 2018, 01:26 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
daydream could relate. they had given up their life as a warrior to be a medicine cat just when they were so close. they missed it sometimes. "its hard to go down another path when youve known one way to your destination for so long," they hummed, organizing the herbs by what they were treated for. wounds in one side of the den, sicknesses in another, and so on. "but now that youre a medicine cat, remember you live by that code now. but i get it, once a warrior, youve always got a bit in you." they had struggled with it alot. they had been so angry and rebelling to being a medicine cat, doing what they wanted in how they acted. but they realized they were here to heal, not cause wars, which was something every cat needed to learn, whether its in a physical way or emotional way. "i remember training to be a warrior. i was one moon away till i had to start over.. my mentor said she wouldve named me daydancer, right after her." they trailed off at the memory, staring at the ground for a few seconds before clearing their throat,"anyway, onto todays lesson."
@king kaleb!

"It's just... different. But I do enjoy the solitude of being a medicine cat," Heatherfur chimed in, not wanting to discredit the somewhat peaceful feeling she'd been experiencing the past couple days. True, her days were much slower than those of being a warrior, with patrols and hunting always on her mind. Now a days, with fewer and fewer patients needing treatment, they days seemed to drag on, providing the tabby with a lot of free time on her paws. Her head snapped to Daydream as they mentioned they had only been a moon away. She couldn't imaging being torn away from the warrior path at that stage. "That takes some courage," she replied, nodding to herself. "Stepping off a path you're only a moon away from completing... Wow." Shaking her head, she realized that rehashing the past of her being a warrior - a WindClan warrior, at that - wasn't going to aide to the job she had now. "Yes, let's get started," she mewed, straightening up a bit as she waited for Daydream to start the lesson.

Last edited by Mauve; August 9th, 2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old August 11th, 2018, 01:55 AM
whats up danger?

Quote:
@king kaleb!

"It's just... different. But I do enjoy the solitude of being a medicine cat," Heatherfur chimed in, not wanting to discredit the somewhat peaceful feeling she'd been experiencing the past couple days. True, her days were much slower than those of being a warrior, with patrols and hunting always on her mind. Now a days, with fewer and fewer patients needing treatment, they days seemed to drag on, providing the tabby with a lot of free time on her paws. Her head snapped to Daydream as they mentioned they had only been a moon away. She couldn't imaging being torn away from the warrior path at that stage. "That takes some courage," she replied, nodding to herself. "Stepping off a path you're only a moon away from completing... Wow." Shaking her head, she realized that rehashing the past of her being a warrior - a WindClan warrior, at that - wasn't going to aide to the job she had now. "Yes, let's get started," she mewed, straightening up a bit as she waited for Daydream to start the lesson.
"its..different. but i never have let it change me. i still hunt and go on patrols in my free time. ive considered taking on a warrior apprentice." she mewed, taking a glance towards heatherfur before back at the herb wall. right, work. they loved the thought of being a warrior again, but they were a medicine cat first, thats what they had signed up for. "anyways. ill show you how i organized these so you know how to when picking out herbs," they mewed, motioning their paw towards a certain crack in the muddy herb wall. "over on this side of the den i organized it for wounds and injuries. battle wounds, joint issues, broken bones, anything you can imagine," they explained,,"on this side is for sicknesses. green and white cough, belly aches, fevers, and so on. its easier to organize it like this so when in a tense situation youre not running everywhere to find a certain kind of herb, you know exactly where it is.
Old September 6th, 2018, 04:55 AM
stardust memories

Quote:
"its..different. but i never have let it change me. i still hunt and go on patrols in my free time. ive considered taking on a warrior apprentice." she mewed, taking a glance towards heatherfur before back at the herb wall. right, work. they loved the thought of being a warrior again, but they were a medicine cat first, thats what they had signed up for. "anyways. ill show you how i organized these so you know how to when picking out herbs," they mewed, motioning their paw towards a certain crack in the muddy herb wall. "over on this side of the den i organized it for wounds and injuries. battle wounds, joint issues, broken bones, anything you can imagine," they explained,,"on this side is for sicknesses. green and white cough, belly aches, fevers, and so on. its easier to organize it like this so when in a tense situation youre not running everywhere to find a certain kind of herb, you know exactly where it is.
(I am utterly disappointed in myself that I spaced this training session. My apologies!)

Curious green eyes followed Daydream's every move as Heatherfur sat quietly beside them. She was always careful to hold her tongue and not speak until a teaching was done - as she had done during her warrior apprentices days as well. She wanted to be perfect at this, to get everything right so that the ShadowClan medicine cat wouldn't have to repeat themselves. "So anything that requires immediate attention would be on that side," she replied, using her paw to point towards the side of 'wounds and injuries'. "And this side," Heatherfur continued, shifting the direction of her paw to point on the other side of the muddy shelving system, "is for illness, or symptomps that don't necessarily require immediate attention, but more so pro-longed attention." Honestly the light furred tabby had no clue if she was getting this right or not, but she assumed that wounds and injuries tended to trump illnesses. With an illness, she would have time to collect the right herbs and treat the patient, eventually having to wait for them to take effect and diminish the symptoms. With battle wounds and injuries, they would need to be treated right away, and this thought was somewhat confirmed as she noticed the side that those herbs were organized on was a bit closer to the den entrance.

Last edited by Mauve; September 6th, 2018 at 04:56 AM.
Old January 7th, 2019, 11:22 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

[ RiverClan has returned home, and all roleplays can be resumed as normal. ]
Old February 4th, 2019, 07:19 PM
Taking a Break

My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Minnowpaw hobbled into the medicine den with the thorn pericung his paw. Ouch! He thought as he accidentally stepped on the thorn. “Shiverpaw I mean Shiverpetal?” He asked looking around the den. “Are you busy? I’ve just got a thorn in my paw.” Minnowpaw meowed twitching his ear.

[I have horrible writers block AHH] @Dipper

Taking a break from rping. I do not know when I will be back.

Everyone has their moments to shine and this ones yours my friend. You will be yourself right now. That’s why you joined this platform that we call WCO,so we could be ourselves. Go be you boo
Old February 4th, 2019, 09:51 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branch of Life View Post
Minnowpaw hobbled into the medicine den with the thorn pericung his paw. Ouch! He thought as he accidentally stepped on the thorn. “Shiverpaw I mean Shiverpetal?” He asked looking around the den. “Are you busy? I’ve just got a thorn in my paw.” Minnowpaw meowed twitching his ear.

[I have horrible writers block AHH] @Dipper
[No worries!! Healing posts tend to be shorter anyway <3]

The den was surprisingly short of herbs with Heatherfur's untimely resignation in the midst of leaf-bare, and to make matters worse, Shiverpetal wasn't exactly sure what to refill it with. The basics were here: cobwebs, a couple poppy seeds, whatever was left of Heatherfur's marigold stash... but the rest had dwindled into nothingness. To make it look fuller, he'd plucked a couple flowers and dried grass from the clearing, plus a couple pebbles, and had made a veritable rock garden. Easy on the eyes, his favorite.

When there was a cat at the mouth of the den, it was nice to see it wasn't another victim of the illness going around coughing and wheezing their lungs out only to be told to go to Seastones. To Minnowpaw, he gave a casual dip of his head and a lazy, "Hey, what's up?" The 'are you busy' was almost laughable and his muzzle twisted into an amused smile. "Never too busy for you, my dude. Let's see the paw, huh? ...Yikes." But Shiverpetal knew how to handle thorns at least, those were no match for a medicine cat (albeit untrained.) Plucking it out, he banished the offending thorn from the den with a flick of his paw. Unsure of how bad the wound was, Shiverpetal tilted his head in examination, "You want a cobweb-bind deal or something?" That was pretty much all he could offer, the rest of the minimal herb supply was a mystery.

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; February 4th, 2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old February 5th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Taking a Break

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

[No worries!! Healing posts tend to be shorter anyway <3]

The den was surprisingly short of herbs with Heatherfur's untimely resignation in the midst of leaf-bare, and to make matters worse, Shiverpetal wasn't exactly sure what to refill it with. The basics were here: cobwebs, a couple poppy seeds, whatever was left of Heatherfur's marigold stash... but the rest had dwindled into nothingness. To make it look fuller, he'd plucked a couple flowers and dried grass from the clearing, plus a couple pebbles, and had made a veritable rock garden. Easy on the eyes, his favorite.

When there was a cat at the mouth of the den, it was nice to see it wasn't another victim of the illness going around coughing and wheezing their lungs out only to be told to go to Seastones. To Minnowpaw, he gave a casual dip of his head and a lazy, "Hey, what's up?" The 'are you busy' was almost laughable and his muzzle twisted into an amused smile. "Never too busy for you, my dude. Let's see the paw, huh? ...Yikes." But Shiverpetal knew how to handle thorns at least, those were no match for a medicine cat (albeit untrained.) Plucking it out, he banished the offending thorn from the den with a flick of his paw. Unsure of how bad the wound was, Shiverpetal tilted his head in examination, "You want a cobweb-bind deal or something?" That was pretty much all he could offer, the rest of the minimal herb supply was a mystery.
That would be nice.” Minnowpaw meowed responding to his question. He looked down and saw a bit of blood. Oh no. Minnowpaw looked to Shiverpetal “I know your new. I’m happy to gather herbs if you ever need anything.” He new that with leaf bare herbs were rare and he wanted to help if he could.

[My god writers block makes me want to die.]

Taking a break from rping. I do not know when I will be back.

Everyone has their moments to shine and this ones yours my friend. You will be yourself right now. That’s why you joined this platform that we call WCO,so we could be ourselves. Go be you boo