Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
[ Herb Gathering Event ]...
by ellie
Last post by MaplestrikeWCUE
Today 07:01 AM
Hawkcatcher's finder <3
Last post by Neptune.
Today 06:38 AM
Apprentices Race! [...
by paris
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 06:33 AM
Diving Down- Goldfish...
by zBlaze
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 06:21 AM

Old November 14th, 2018, 06:38 PM
I'm a group of stars

My Mood: Distracted

Default Why does everyone hate on Crowfeather?

Hey guys! Before you go sharpening pitchforks and waving torches, I'll explain the title. Crowfeather is truthfully one of my favorite characters because he is kind of like me. We both can't do something that easily, and that thing is letting go of the past. I cling to the past like a blanket, always remembering how it was, and never embracing the present and future. Some of you may think There are way sadder warriors than Crowfeather. But think of it, Think of Bluestar for example, She was sad and lapsed into depression, but she got out of the past and pushed forwards! That is something crowfeather wasn't able to do. Move on. Riddle me this, when where and how did the fandom start hating Crowfeather, when there is no reason to hate him that I see.
Old November 14th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Busting Ghosts

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Why does everyone hate on Crowfeather?

I think the main reason why people are hating on Crowfeather is that he broke the warrior code by having kits with a cat from another clan. Plus Leafpool was a medicine cat and so I think people were mad because of that. Most people probably don't think that if they never had become mates then there would have never been Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf. Then after Crowfeather people started to get mad that Jayfeather is a grump and stuff. Crowfeather even said about how it wasn't meant to be yet he never regretted it. He also favors Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf over Breezepelt.
Otherwise, I think it's mainly on what the reader reads and how they respond to how Crowfeather is and how he broke the warrior code and his trail. I really don't hate Crowfeather. In fact, I think he's a great character because he's the father of Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf. Yet that's just my opinion.
To me don't hate on Crowfeather kids.

It is the quality of one's convictions that determine success,not the number of followers -Remus Lupin

Credit-Tenor
Old November 14th, 2018, 08:40 PM
WAFFLE TIME!

My Mood: Mysterious

Crowfeather is honestly one of my favorite characters. I love him because he just is a genuinely enjoyable character to read about (in my opinion) because I have a similar sense of humor to him. I find every snarky comeback and complaint he makes to be hilarious, and in Midnight, I found him finding fault in everything Bramble did to be so fun to read, maybe because I loved seeing my other favorite character not know what to do about a scrawny, loud mouth apprentice bad mouthing him. and then he got a snarky scrawny loud-mouth apprentice of his own..
Plus, sure, he messed up with the whole Leafpool fiasco, but I truly think he does love her, or at least thought he did. He was a young warrior, and the books FREQUENTLY state how impulsive the young warriors are. He was thinking with his feelings, not his head, and tbh I think I understand that.
Plus, I'm hearing nothing but good things about his Super Edition, and that makes me so happy!

I heard he realizes he never truly loved Nightcloud, but apologizes to her and tries to be her friend for the sake of Breezepelt. He realizes that his Windclan kit needs his parents, even if he's a full grown cat, and that to me is precious.

In short, I think I like him because how he has matured through the series. He makes mistakes, tries to fix them, and makes sure he doesn't do it again. HE LEARNS from his actions, and though he has a temper, he says that he doesn't regret anything, and I think he is one of the better written toms.
after them ruining Bumblestripe and Finleap.. Crow is my only hope.
Old November 14th, 2018, 10:25 PM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

warning: possible spoilers
People think Crowfeather took Nightcloud as a mate to prove his loyalty to WindClan. Although that is true, I don't think that's a reason to hate him. He's genuinely a good character and makes me laugh. I also have a SUPER hard time letting go of the past, so I can relate to Crowfeather. Mostly, though, I think it's because of the whole Leafpool fiasco. He became mates with a cat in ThunderClan, had kits with her, and then left back to his Clan. He then took a mate in WindClan, Nightcloud, and had Breezepelt with her. I think other people think Breezepelt could've been nicer if he had been "raised properly", though I think it is unfair to say that since Crowfeather never really loved Nightcloud. People focus on how he used Nightcloud to gain loyalty, but what could he have done? Crowfeather doesn't deserve to be hated for that. Though he did play with her feelings, it was her fault for liking him back. Nightcloud could have just ignored him, but she decided to become his mate. That was on Nightcloud, not Crowfeather. Crowfeather is a great character in my opinion and makes the writing more interesting.
Readers who liked Breezepelt had a lot of reason to hate him. He treated his own son as if he disliked Breezepelt's company and didn't give much attention to Breezepelt. He didn't usually show lots of concern for his WindClan kit. IMO, though, Crowfeather was never entitled to doing that. He should've been kinder to Breeze, though, but he never liked Nightcloud. He didn't want to have kits with her, and when he had one, he didn't like Breeze as much as he would've had he been, say, Leafpool's kit. He genuinely liked Leafpool and it's unfair for him to have to be super kind to a kit he never really wanted. I do feel bad for Breezepelt, though, as he deserved more than being treated like a bag of dirt. Poor Breeze didn't receive any attention or the disciplining he needed.
It might be because of the disowning thing, though. Crowfeather disowned Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather, claiming Breezepelt was his only kit. Lots of people love the trio, so that might be why Crow gets so much hate. However, he is the biological father of the three, so.... I think people hate Crow x Leaf, but, as *Lazy Carrot* said, if Crow x Leaf never happened, Holly, Jay, and Lion would never be born.
Does no one remember how he lost Feathertail? Crowfeather and her were unofficial mates, and he had to.. get over her, once she died. He literally NAMED HIMSELF AFTER HER. The poor warrior was heartbroken when she died, and yet no one seems to remember the chemistry that happened between them. Some people say he only cared about himself, with the Nightcloud fiasco, but he loved and cared for Feathertail. I loved Crowfeather and Feathertail.
As I said, I love Crowfeather as a character, but those might be why people don't like Crowfeather that much.... and by dont like I mean hate.
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; November 14th, 2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old November 15th, 2018, 04:29 PM
I'm a group of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lazy Carrot* View Post
I think the main reason why people are hating on Crowfeather is that he broke the warrior code by having kits with a cat from another clan. Plus Leafpool was a medicine cat and so I think people were mad because of that. Most people probably don't think that if they never had become mates then there would have never been Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf. Then after Crowfeather people started to get mad that Jayfeather is a grump and stuff. Crowfeather even said about how it wasn't meant to be yet he never regretted it. He also favors Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf over Breezepelt.
Otherwise, I think it's mainly on what the reader reads and how they respond to how Crowfeather is and how he broke the warrior code and his trail. I really don't hate Crowfeather. In fact, I think he's a great character because he's the father of Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf. Yet that's just my opinion.
IKR? And why are people not hating on Silverstream and Greystripe?? They broke the warrior code too! Its kind of weird once you start thinking about it. And Thank you @Bracken12 and @Hopekitt! Although Breezepelt does need to be treated better, Nightcloud is possesive and whenever they are together in the books she is always touching him. NIGHT! THAT WILL DRIVE HIM AWAY STAAAAAP!!! Sorry about that... I had to do it. Anyways, On to the topic at the beginning of the post. GreyXSilver is also a halfclan relationship, but no one is hating on Greystripe. And Leafpool isn't getting any hate!

(Yes they ruined both of them. Bumble and fin you needed to be better characters. Why erin!?!?!?!?!?!?)

Last edited by .:<Ghoulie>:.; November 15th, 2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old November 15th, 2018, 07:19 PM
wanna play a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Harvest+~ View Post
IKR? And why are people not hating on Silverstream and Greystripe?? They broke the warrior code too! Its kind of weird once you start thinking about it. And Thank you @Bracken12 and @Hopekitt! Although Breezepelt does need to be treated better, Nightcloud is possesive and whenever they are together in the books she is always touching him. NIGHT! THAT WILL DRIVE HIM AWAY STAAAAAP!!! Sorry about that... I had to do it. Anyways, On to the topic at the beginning of the post. GreyXSilver is also a halfclan relationship, but no one is hating on Greystripe. And Leafpool isn't getting any hate!

(Yes they ruined both of them. Bumble and fin you needed to be better characters. Why erin!?!?!?!?!?!?)
Honestly, the forbidden love is too much. Silverstream and Greystripe. Tigerheart and Dovewing ( at first ). Stormfur and Brook (at first). Yellowfang and Raggedstar. Bluefur/Bluestar and Oakheart. Ryewhisker and Cloudberry. HalfMoon and Jayfeather. Mapleshade and Appledusk. Fallowtail and Reedwhisker. Tigerstar Original and Sasha. There was the unofficial Lionblaze and Heathertail. Why do people care SOOO much about Crowfeather and Leafpool if there are lists upon lists upon lists of other forbidden loves no one else is talking about? It makes me so FRUSTRATED.
That is true, though. Night was so freakin PUSHY and OBSESSIVE and POSSESSIVE. Like, give the dude some space. He's lost three kits, two mates, and much more. He doesn't deserve to be treated like how Night's been treating him. \\\

BUMBLE SHOULD'VE BEEN LOVED.
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; November 15th, 2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old November 17th, 2018, 11:41 AM
I'm a group of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopekitt View Post
Honestly, the forbidden love is too much. Silverstream and Greystripe. Tigerheart and Dovewing ( at first ). Stormfur and Brook (at first). Yellowfang and Raggedstar. Bluefur/Bluestar and Oakheart. Ryewhisker and Cloudberry. HalfMoon and Jayfeather. Mapleshade and Appledusk. Fallowtail and Reedwhisker. Tigerstar Original and Sasha. There was the unofficial Lionblaze and Heathertail. Why do people care SOOO much about Crowfeather and Leafpool if there are lists upon lists upon lists of other forbidden loves no one else is talking about? It makes me so FRUSTRATED.
That is true, though. Night was so freakin PUSHY and OBSESSIVE and POSSESSIVE. Like, give the dude some space. He's lost three kits, two mates, and much more. He doesn't deserve to be treated like how Night's been treating him. \\\
IKR SO many more! and NONE IS PAYING ATTENTION TO THEM
Old November 17th, 2018, 11:53 AM
wanna play a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Harvest+~ View Post
IKR SO many more! and NONE IS PAYING ATTENTION TO THEM
ITS SO ANNOYINGGG PPL NEED TO stop hating on my crow bby!
i’m smiling too”

---

Old November 17th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I'm a group of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopekitt View Post
ITS SO ANNOYINGGG PPL NEED TO stop hating on my crow bby!
YAS!
Old December 3rd, 2018, 03:57 AM
♥~Baby Aspa~♥

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lazy Carrot* View Post
While all of this is true, I say that when you fall in love, it's not easy falling out. And besides, it was destiny that put them together, not them. Think of it- All Leafpool did was pity Crowfeather-How can pity become love??Answer: it doesn't. It probably got them to a bond, but it can't get to a bond to where you fall in love. So the love was definitely one-sided-Everyone found out when Leafpool missed being in the clans anyways. They were never a good match, it's just that Fate forced them to make those kits. Only Rock and I understand this.