Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Dust
Today 09:53 AM
EVERYTHING FINDER
Last post by Fernwillow
Today 09:50 AM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by LostInTheOrchids
Today 09:48 AM
i have to many questions...
by forest
Last post by LostInTheOrchids
Today 09:39 AM
MorningMimic's Training.
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 09:28 AM

Old October 3rd, 2017, 03:22 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
[ I'm very busy, so it's going to be very short.
Also writers block and... Uh multiple other things
That will make this post suck so much ]

A pure rumbled in the mollys throat. She was certainly a lucky she cat. Most she cats where out of the gates looking for a muscular Tom who was so sure of himself that he could be a one cat clan and still be throwing threats at everyone. Daisyshade shivered at the thought, she had known a cat like that, thrushpaw. Poor cat ended up drowning before he was ready to be a warrior. The horrified screeches echoed in her mind. The pale she cat bent to lick her paw to dismiss the horrid noises from her head. I have other things to be dwelling on.

She looked back up at tumblestep and leaned into his side, she found comfort in the crook of his side and let her head nestle agaisnt his shoulder. No matter what he thought about kits it hadn't really mattered to her, what could she do? Force him into being a father, surely she would chase him off with such rash behaviour. Yet she didn't mind an occasional push now and than. Just to edge him towards it of course. Nothing to forceful.

Daisyshades ears perked at his wavery voice, she ahd scared him about thinking about it already. How could she? He had been so nice and she had come running out of the gates so eager to rush things. To give her a moment she bent to take a bite from the meal he had brought than turned to look back at him. "You don't have to worry about it. We don't even have to talk about it now" she commented calmly nudging the prey towards him with her ginger paw. He hadn't yet taken a bite. He must be hungry?

A heavy blush set over the she cats cheeks and now she was finding it hard to figure out words to respond. "Your going to be a great father... " no, I should've said something else. Wouldn't have kits wih anyone else? Mousedung. she purred again than rolled onto her back facing him with half of her face in the lush grass and her legs up in the air. She felt the energy return to her and the playfulness of a kit inside her. He just made her feel so childish. And maybe that was a good thing.
[ Haha don't you worry about any of that! I can certainly understand. Take your time, okay? And don't feel rushed! I hope things calm down for you soon! <3 ]
[ I was also wondering if you wanted me to post a Kit Finder? Or should we wait a little bit longer for that? ]

Tumblestep felt guilty for making Daisyshade feel guilty. Her emotions seemed obvious to him now that they were mates; it was if labeling their relationship had given him special abilities such as being able to identify her feelings. He wondered if she were able to read him as easily as he could read her? He assumed she could, as she seemed to always say the right thing. And once again he wondered - do I always say the right thing? He tried his best to, but he wasn't very skilled when it came to social situations. He could only hope for the best, but expect the worst.

He glanced down at the mouse that Daisyshade had nudged towards him, but he didn't yet help himself to a bite. Tumblestep was thinking about what to say in response when she eased his worries. Honestly, he didn't know if he'd be a good father, let alone a great father! He believed he was too anxious to teach his kits the way of, well, life, and he feared he wasn't brave enough to properly protect his offspring. But if Daisyshade had faith in him, then Tumblestep wouldn't protest.

``And you'll be an amazing mother.`` Tumblestep purred in amusement as Daisyshade rolled over and he playfully prodded her belly. ``But maybe we should come to terms with the fact that we're adults first?`` He gently teased her and her kit-like nature, towering over her with his paws placed firmly on either side of her head. He himself felt a surge of playful energy rush through him, a genuine smile crossing his muzzle. ``How many kits do you want?`` he questioned in a faraway, whispering tone as he imagined their future together.

Tumblestep's day-dream went exactly like this - He'd carefully pad into the nursery, gaze searching for the molly he swore to stand beside until death. He'd find her, lying in her nest, and he'd approach her slowly, eyes wide with fascination because curled at her belly would be several bundles of fur. In that moment, he'd swear to defend those innocent kits with his life, watching them grow from Daisyshade's side. Perhaps if he lived long enough, he'd get to meet his grandchildren?

He remembered his older sisters who had both bore kits. Tumblestep remembered how much love and passion had flooded their eyes when their kits came to focus - they were so happy... but then he remembered Shellfeather's despair when her kits died. Tumblestep was afraid that would happen - that he'd lose his kits and be forced to suffer through grief. And he was afraid he'd pass on his curse of anxiety and depression. He would not wish his mental conditions on anyone, especially not his own offspring. However, he was willing to risk it. He wanted kits. All his life, he'd done not what he wanted, but what he was asked. It was time Tumblestep did what he wanted, and he wanted to build a family with Daisyshade.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 04:18 PM

My Mood: Kingly

She did-
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melody View Post
@Rubinaito @Mad King @Aura @LelliNicole.zob

Stormkit sat quietly beside his mother, watching Peachfuzz curiously. His darker eyes were narrowed faintly at the large Tom, but more out of curiosity than hostility. His Uncle, he had to guess. He stayed silent as his mother greeted the newcomer, slipping around her to stand beside Harekit. His tail flicked slightly, watching as the Tom gave Harekit a look of... Almost... Disgust. It made Stormkit's eyes narrow even more now, glancing over at his brother with a protective glitter in his eyes. As Harekit questioned who the Tom was, Stormkit leaned in a bit closer. "I think that's Peachfuzz, our Uncle." He mumbled, remembering how Echoskip had brought up Tinyfuzz. Yes, this had to be Peachfuzz. Stormkit turned a curious gaze back onto the Tom and sat back, tail curling around his paws.
Echoskip smiled, although it was slightly strained as he snapped at her kits. "Are you thinking of having kits?" She inquired, shifting once more in a more protective, alert sitting position as she brought her kittens closer with a sweep of her tail.

(Sorry for the short post, I've got some writer's block. Should we move to the ShadowClan clearing?)

@Mad King @Aura @Random Melody @LelliNicole.zob
Old October 3rd, 2017, 08:47 PM
a lonely nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunny View Post
Tigerpaw kept silent as Mulberrykit prepared for her jump, she wanted to her to figure out on her own that you had to.jidge the distance instead of just winging it. Panic struck the apprentice when Mulberry tumbled into the rock, she quickly.sat up and trotted over to tbe kit. "Oh no are you alright!? " she mewed. Tigerpaw felt some.relief when Mulberry seemed fine but she was still worried, "it wasn't quite right but you habe plenty of time to prefect it." She chuckled nervously. "Why don't we rest for a bit and make.sure the tumble didn't cause you any realy.damage." She purred. She headed towards a sunny spot only a tail length or two away, she looked back to make sure the younger cat was following her and soon settled.intl a spot.
Mulberrykit didn't want to stop. She knew now what she did wrong, and she wanted to try again and get it right, but arguing with Tigerpaw would ruin their time together, and she cared more about that than a leap. Besides, she knew that eventually she'd get it, but now wasn't the time. I guess I do need to rest, especially after that incident. Of course she hadn't meant to hit her head on the rock - who'd do that? - but it'd happened nonetheless, and though the throbbing beginning to take hold wasn't extreme, she decided sitting down for a moment was in her best interest. And I'm sure Tigerpaw needs a rest as well; it must be hard work having to teach me! So she followed the apprentice over to the spot, plunking herself down in the warmest area she could get to.

Despite waiting desperately to continue their lesson, Mulberrykit found she liked settling down to stop and smell the roses. Normally she'd be all up and running, complaining and saying she didn't need a rest, she wasn't a kit, but taking a break was relaxing. It helped the throb in her head, the rush in her heart, and just felt good all around. She sighed in delight. "This feels nice," The young she-kit murmured, closing her eyes in the sunshine. Nothing had ever made her feel quite this relaxed, quite this peaceful, and she liked it. This couldn't be better. Training with Tigerpaw and then sitting in the sun; it's been the greatest day ever in history. The breeze was cool, but not enough to make her shiver, and the ground was warm and inviting. She didn't lay down yet, though; she waited to see if her friend would before doing so and potentially being rude. She'd done enough of that for the day, that could safely be assumed.

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!
Old October 4th, 2017, 04:59 PM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBandits View Post
Mulberrykit didn't want to stop. She knew now what she did wrong, and she wanted to try again and get it right, but arguing with Tigerpaw would ruin their time together, and she cared more about that than a leap. Besides, she knew that eventually she'd get it, but now wasn't the time. I guess I do need to rest, especially after that incident. Of course she hadn't meant to hit her head on the rock - who'd do that? - but it'd happened nonetheless, and though the throbbing beginning to take hold wasn't extreme, she decided sitting down for a moment was in her best interest. And I'm sure Tigerpaw needs a rest as well; it must be hard work having to teach me! So she followed the apprentice over to the spot, plunking herself down in the warmest area she could get to.

Despite waiting desperately to continue their lesson, Mulberrykit found she liked settling down to stop and smell the roses. Normally she'd be all up and running, complaining and saying she didn't need a rest, she wasn't a kit, but taking a break was relaxing. It helped the throb in her head, the rush in her heart, and just felt good all around. She sighed in delight. "This feels nice," The young she-kit murmured, closing her eyes in the sunshine. Nothing had ever made her feel quite this relaxed, quite this peaceful, and she liked it. This couldn't be better. Training with Tigerpaw and then sitting in the sun; it's been the greatest day ever in history. The breeze was cool, but not enough to make her shiver, and the ground was warm and inviting. She didn't lay down yet, though; she waited to see if her friend would before doing so and potentially being rude. She'd done enough of that for the day, that could safely be assumed.
(Since Shadowclan has moved back home do you want to do a small time skip?)

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old October 4th, 2017, 07:17 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
During Nightpaw's time in the clan, no cat had talked with her about the Dark Forest. These words were strange to her, but what she managed to gather was that cats from there had killed other cats. They must be another clan... but a clan of cruel and awful cats! How could any cat kill another? To Nightpaw, the concept was completely beyond her. Why would any cat want to hurt another? Didn't they have enough problems already from other animals? An image of open, slavering jaws flashed through her mind and she shuddered, shaking her head to banish the image. "How horrible..." she said to Daypaw. "That's so unfair that your father was taken from you like that. I don't really remember my parents at all, I went to live with my housefolk when I was so little...er, twolegs," Nightpaw corrected herself, using the term that she'd heard clancats using. "But it must have been so hard..." Nightpaw thought for a long moment, a strange mix of gratitude that Daypaw was sharing this with her and sadness that they had been through so much mixing within her. "Is that why you're so sad?" she asked the medicine cat, point blank. She wasn't just talking about now. From the moment she had managed to have a conversation with Daypaw without consciousness fading, she had felt it coming off the golden-colored cat like waves, a deep, unrelenting sadness masked by bitterness. "I wish I'd met you earlier. Maybe I could have helped you not be so sad." The little black shecat butted her head against the medicine cat's neck, nuzzling as into their fur, just to let them feel that she was there, really there for them in that moment. "Is there anything I can do for you?" Nightpaw asked her friend. "You know there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. I mean, you're the reason I'm even alive and here after all." As far as Nightpaw was concerned, she owed Daypaw her life. She was sure the medicine cat didn't take her seriously. After all, she was a young, former kittypet who could barely hunt, didn't know how to fight, and probably came across as a happy-go-lucky airhead. The shecat sagged a little. And why shouldn't they think that? I can't fix any of this. I can't do anything.
Is that why youre so sad?
The question lingered in their mind for awhile before they replied. their father died when they were young, they couldn't really remember what life was like before that. they weren't close to their father, they didnt actually care that he died no matter how cold that sounded,it was how they felt. maybe after experiencing death they felt numb. they didnt show a lot of emotion, and if they did it was to a select few of cats. they didnt know why they didnt eat, they didnt know why they were like this, they didnt know why they stressed themselves out so much. they'd didnt know why they acted to cold and distant towards others. they didnt know. did they come off as sad? they looked towards the ground before looking back up again with a distant look on their face, forming a shrug. they felt the small nuzzle to their neck, a unfamiliar feeling of closeness came over them. They leaned against Nightpaw, letting their weight rest against her in a relaxed motion; Daypaw being relaxed was a a rare sight. ¨I dont consider myself sad. I consider myself numb.¨ the words were simple yet they held so much. it was hard to explain to someone that you felt everything but nothing at all. that you were filled with so much energy yet you are just so mentally and physically tired. they,daypaw, felt nothing. leaning against nightpaw they stared blankly into the clearing. they wouldnt describe themselves as sad,or unhappy, or neglected. they had things to live for. they had acornfall, they had geckoleaf,nightpaw, and a few others. they had cats taking care of them, yet they felt like they were still at step one. perhaps if was selfish to think that way, or dumb to feel this when they were being given love they werent given when they were young. it was both confusing and exhausting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
"...kits?" russetstar couldn't say he was prepared for that next sentence, the next statement- what was whisperblaze talking about? "...but we don't have kits- where did we get kits?" he exclaimed-- his expression both suddenly worried and happy-- KITS with WHISPERBLAZE-- that was an idea he couldn't say no to, no matter how stressed he got or how busy he was, because he could talk about how much he loved his mate for hours. he really, truly, cared for whisperblaze, and was more than willing to take care of their kits together. pale blue eyes shining in anticipating as he stared into whisperblaze's brighter ones, he couldn't help but wait for his next response a bit anxiously.
whispers eyes widened when he realized...he didnt tell russet about the kits? oh god. ¨After..Shiverkits passing,¨ he could remember it clearly. he could remember the look on the queens face when she said he wasnt going to last overnight.he didnt. he could remember feeling a pang of loss again, losing more kits. he had never met his birth kits, they could be dead for all he knew. ¨I went back to where I found him-to grieve. I found...four more kits there.¨ he explained, a small smile forming on his face at the mere thought of his children.¨I found them all by a single tree, so I named them after different ones. Theyre old enough to not need milk so Ive been staying in the nursery as a queen to take care of them. weve been so busy im surprised it slipped my mind,¨ usually toms wouldn't be considered ¨queens¨ but whisper had a natural mothering instinct. the need to care for and nurture. looking up at russet the mere thought of clawpaw and her words slipped from his mind easily, resting his forehead against his mates,¨we have kits, were fathers, my love,¨ he mewed gently,¨theyve been antsy to meet you.¨
Old October 5th, 2017, 09:35 AM

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"Oh..." Caracalfrost's voice trailed off and she seemed a little worried. So many younger cats lost their lives in battle over this, and she was wondering how it could have happened with Darkzephyr. Had he not made it out, this conversation never would have happened. And it was a conversation that the warrior dearly needed, what with all the changes happening. Everything was moving so fast it made her head spin. And not even just here - in all the other Clans as well! Everything was going too fast and Caracalfrost couldn't keep up with the times. A slight shudder went down her spine, but she continued to smile at the tom. "I'm glad you ended up being okay. I'd have a really hard time adjusting, so... I admire you for that." The golden-eyed warrior smiled at him, oblivious to the small signals that should have clicked in her mind that something was wrong.

Maybe she had needed this for too long. Maybe there was something going on but, whatever it was, the she cat pushed it away as nothing. Because she was... helpless. At the moment, that was truly how she felt - just absolutely helpless. Not the best feeling, and the warrior wondered if it was going to continue to last around the tom. There was something about him that was positively eerie, but the feline liked it at the same time. Here was a cat who seemed to have been misunderstood. At least, no one was paying much attention to him. They were kind of ignoring him. There were lots of those cats (Sorreltuft had never been one of them, of course, he was always Mr. Popular growing up) but Caracalfrost had and she remembered feeling annoyed about it. Maybe Darkzephyr was the same way.

She wasn't quite sure how to change the subject after such a personal piece of information, but she felt like she owed him something, and so she would continue speaking. "I, um... I was thinking that, uh, if there was anything you wanted to know in particular about me, I could - well, whatever it is, I'll be happy to... to answer it," That was the she cat's subtle comment on telling him she was waiting for a request before she dove into something personal. It was a little awkward to do that, but not so much as awkward as what she had just done. Then again - subtlety was not the feline's specialty. No... it definitely was not. Which made this only more awkward both for her, and for the poor tom sitting next to her.
The tom cocked his head at Caracalfrost, genuinely surprised by the comment. This was the first time in the conversation he had portrayed real emotion - of all things he had expected her to say, it was certainly not that she admired him for his injuries. He had seen his injuries as something to be ashamed of, of something that had been lost when he could have taken it away from another. Darkzephyr felt the need to snap at the she-cat, about how wrong she was, when he realized that would definitely blow his cover. Instead, he took her words as a symbol that his plan was working out, so he could at least have some positivity - if you could even call it that. He nodded in a grateful fashion at the she cat, dipping his head in a supposed show of respect. "Thank you," he told her, wondering what anyone else would say in response to such a statement. After all, how to talk to a cat was something not taught in apprenticeship. Darkzephyr, not being raised like the others, was forced to teach himself that. In that process he learned not only conversation, but ambition, and coldness. His youth had been blackened like a tree after a forest fire - crumbling and fragile, both his past, future, and sanity.

The next topic of conversation also took Darkzephyr by surprise, but this time, he didn't bother trying to make a show of it. He kept stoic like usual, but smiled lightly at the molly. In his mind, he thought, Why would someone even say something? It's just plain... idiotic. Why would anyone care about her past? Then it struck him, like a bolt. In order to be close to a cat, one would know a lot about them, right? But the tom wasn't quite ready to take advantage of her openness - YET. The time would come. He shook his head quietly at Caracalfrost, a sympathetic look on his face. "It's alright. Your life is your business - I'm not going to pry into it." Even as he said it, Darkzephyr found it amusing how contradictory that statement was.

Yes, this she-cat sure did have a past. If anything was clear, it was that. The way she talked about her "best friend", she way she looked off at a point in the sky that only she could see every time she started to speak about her past. But that was certainly not anything Darkzephyr cared about - he could already tell. The cliche story of young love where someone else stole the princess's prince. It was something he had seen a few times before and almost laughed at, how pathetic it was that cats would become depressed just because their little romance had found. Even now, it took all he had not to cackle and snap at Caracalfrost for how foolish she was. On many, many different levels.
Old October 5th, 2017, 10:04 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

(I think this charrie is RC, I kinda forgot which characters are SHC which are RC..lol)
@Fern
Honeypaw smiled licking her paw, she missed Applepaw, but she tried not to think much about her Shadowclan sister I was fine until I spent a moon with her, sheesh, why can’t I simply shove her to the back of my mind again, I mean, her clan is safe, it’s just a muddy camp with flood damage, she’s probably re-building dens nothing more, maybe hunting, since the clan is happy not to have fish. She have her head a shake, before heading over to her family, well...all but Applepaw, who she missed dearly, she seemed sad, but not depressed, trying to feel a connection to Applepaw she’d been eating land prey instead of fish.

Lobsterpaw stretched basking in the sun Those Dark Forest supporting Shadowclanners finally stopped taking over our territory, atleast I have the camp to myself, but not having the camp to myself does mean that there is more evidence pointing to me when I break the rules. Oh well...Atleast, my awful sister is gone, I could hardly stand her, I wonder why Honeypaw likes her so much, probably because I’m not a she-cat and she’s typically flirting with she-cats who aren’t her kin. she followed Honeypaw over to Lynxsky and Goldenstep, he looked happy, unlike Honeypaw.

Lynxsky looked wrecked inside, she breathed as Honeypaw and Lobsterpaw approached her she whispered softly,” I still have two of my kits, I’ll see Applepaw at the gathering. I’m sure they already chased the foxes and badgers out of camp hopefully the territory. I hope the apprentice den survived the flood, Applepaw can’t have the den colapse on her in her sleep, I- I...” she stopped breathing trying to calm herself.

Silently, Honeypaw pressed herself against Lynxsky,” Applepaw is fine, she’s either helping clean camp, repair dens, or hunting, I’m sure they’d tell us if she were injured or dead, as everyone knows we are related, and besides I have friends in Shadowclan, they’d definetly cross the border to tell me something urgent.”

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old October 5th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
A dark shape seemed to melt into the shadows of the camp, weaving in and out of complete visibility quickly. There was an irregular jerk to the stride of the cat, the seemingly faultless stride distracted by a jagged limp. It was Dogblood. A massive Tom with even larger teeth, fitted and formed much like a canine, giving him the irregular name. He was a large brown Tom with heavy shoulders and burning Amber eyes. Massive puffs of fur dotting all his sides and adorning his chest with a magnificent crown of lighter brown fur. He half expected to go unchallenged as to why he had entered camp empty pawed but he had been itching for action. His plan was merely fitting into his timeline and it couldn't be taking long enough. Just as the Tom was about to step sideways into the warrior's den a slight shuffle caught his eyes and a spike of adrenaline caught his blood. The small instinct to attack when something moved was still fresh on the street cats system. Being around so many cats and not defending himself felt strange and was hard to handle at times, causing him to often withdraw from the group of wild cats to isolate his mind. He then flicked back into reality to find himself staring across the clearing at a well-sized tom. Young, fresh, strong. The Tom flexed his claws eagerly. He had been looking for someone worthy to spin into his web. He looked like the type to be excited by his plans, perhaps a worthy companion. With a slight twitch of the tail, Dogblood slyly slunk across the clearing his head low and his expression relaxed into a calm, Arrogant, smile. He needn't know the toms name. He would rather spit out a question and see if they were quick to respond, know they could keep their calm when approached by such a figure of himself. He was brooding enough as it was. As he approached the Tom he was quickly thinking of things he could possibly say, something intimidating, scary, tough, yet nothing came to mind. "You!" he snapped suddenly. He wasn't sure what that was or what he could possibly say next but at least it was a start.
The large Maine Coon roughly tore the meat of the vole between his paws from its bones with a grunt of satisfaction, swallowing the bit of flesh that he had managed to rip from the carcass with little to no effort put into this. Wolfclaw was used to eating these things rather quickly without delay when he actually got his paws on food in the alleys or otherwise some mangy bottomfeeder would come along and try to take it for themselves. However, as he ate, he couldn’t help but feel a certain uneasiness crawling up his spine, almost like a pair of eyes was watching him from a place that he did not take note of for the moment. Of course, Wolfclaw had been used to this feeling in the past, but in the streets, and not here. He wondered if that scuffle that he had gotten into with that airheaded molly out in the hunting grounds that gotten word spread around the camp. Great, that was all he needed right now. To be fair, that she-cat, known as Pearcloud, or something, had stolen the prey that he had caught without any thought put into her actions. He wished he could’ve put a knick in her ears, but the molly had fled the scene before he had a chance to, unfortunately. However, abruptly, the deepened voice of someone rang through his ears, snapping the tom from his thoughts. The Maine Coon turned his head to lock gazes with another warrior who looked like they had been through a war and back. He was a dark-furred male, whose name was unknown to Wolfclaw, but he assumed that this tom was just another tough one who was trying to size him up because he was an outsider to Riverclan. Wolfclaw sat up, looking at this male with a slight frown on his maw and his teeth showing ever so slightly as his bushy tail swishing behind him over the loose dirt. “May I help you?” Wolfclaw spoke, his tone low and far from frightened of this cat.

[ BUMPING THIS POST HERE ]
Old October 6th, 2017, 07:38 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@RedHead
[ @Lawlipop @fenic! in case you guys wanna stalk ]

Scorchingflame padded through the camp entrance behind a patrol of RiverClan cats, a pathetic excuse for a fish clamped carefully between his jaws. Somehow, the massive feline had failed his fishing mission, but he succeeded in his own way as proven by the tiny fish he currently carried. He could probably swallow the fish whole if he wanted, but that probably wouldn't be such a good idea. He had to carry his weight if he were to stay in RiverClan. Over the moons he's been away from the clan, he hasn't been fishing as much which resulted in his lack of fishing skills. Instead, he'd focused on catching rodents or birds in a poor attempt to distract himself from the clan he ran away from. He hadn't wanted any reminders of his former life, but now, Scorchingflame was living his former life.

He didn't know exactly how to feel right now, or why he didn't just turn around and leave. Perhaps it was because Shellfeather was here? Or maybe even Dappleblossom? It was certainly not because he missed Russetswirl - he knew that much. But why would he stay in a clan that was under that fish-brain's rule? Scorchingflame could understand staying for Shellfeather; after all, he loved her. He wasn't so convinced about Dappleblossom being his reasoning. They were only `best friends` because Scorchingflame feared that if he let go of their friendship, she'd get back at him by revealing his love for Shellfeather.

He headed directly for the fresh-kill pile, sheepishly depositing his poor catch on the pile. Just wait until someone points it out. Scorchingflame scowled at the idea, but embarrassment heated his fur. He watched the slimy fish slip deeper into the pile until it was unseen by him, and he let himself exhale a relieved sigh. At least nobody would see it for a while, not until a majority of the fresh-kill was already eaten. By then, his scent would be long gone off the fish, and nobody would be able to laugh at him for his failure.

Scorchingflame considered scooping a piece of fresh-kill from the pile, helping himself to his own deserved meal, but he wasn't really feeling it. He felt nauseous, his belly upset with him as if some really bad news was coming his way. So he cast the fresh-kill pile a disgusted look and with an irritated flick of his tail, Scorchingflame was padding off to a corner of the camp. He'd done his duties today, meaning the rest of the day would be relaxing and avoiding the RiverClan members. Hopefully he'd be able to fall asleep and escape his thoughts - he wasn't interested in thinking about his current predicament. He lowered himself on his belly, his hind paws tucked under him and his forearms stretched before him. He curled his tail at his side, the tip twitching lazily, and rested his chin on his forearm. After cautiously glancing around the clearing, Scorchingflame let himself close his eyes, but his ears swiveled in an alert manner.
Old October 7th, 2017, 10:53 AM

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Perchkit brightened at the warrior's words. "Me too!" he exclaimed, not realizing that his name was a pretty obvious giveaway. "Riverclan is the best clan ever, isn't it?" He meowed. "Hey, would you like to hear a joke? I heard it from a Shadowclan cat. Where do Riverclan apprentices like to fish?"
Cherrypetal was still entertained by the kit’s enthusiasm, and it lifted her own mood to have the chance to interact with such a ball of excitement and energy. ”It is,” she agreed with an approving nod and smile on her muzzle. ”I wouldn’t dream of leaving it.” She knew some cats came and went and didn’t understand - who wouldn’t wish to be a part of the best Clan? Thinking about the kit’s question, she paused before providing an answer, ”I’d say they like fishing by the side of their mentors.” A gentle reminder to ensure the kit didn’t leave camp in search of a pre-apprenticeship hunting lesson. ”When I was an apprentice, I would fish in the stream. Anywhere will do, as long as you make sure they can’t see your shadow when you approach.” Unlike other prey, they didn’t really have to worry about scent, but the fish could sense the shadow looming over them or the thundering of paws.

Last edited by Kitty Mama; October 7th, 2017 at 10:54 AM.