Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Willow art please?
Last post by forest
Today 11:05 AM
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by hades.
Today 10:25 AM
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 10:19 AM

Old January 21st, 2024, 10:05 AM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Nyan's Character Creator! (3.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenicCatnip View Post
Original character or WCO: wco
Anything you want in particular? This can be a name, gender, sexuality, Clan, personality trait, backstory event, etc.: windclan app.
Anything you DON'T want? Like a Clan, a personality or backstory event you want to avoid, etc.: n/a
Include family members? This will just be a brief description of their physical appearance and won't cost any additional KK: yes!
Other: you can contact me if you want a list of neopronouns! /nf
Mention Me: @TheNyanCatMinecart
I'll accept this order, but please don't commission me in the future when the shop is closed Also, are there specific pronouns you want for your character?

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; January 21st, 2024 at 10:06 AM.
Old January 21st, 2024, 10:18 AM
Giving you a warm welcome

Bump Policy: bump whenever, but respond time will prob be weekends or slow :33<
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post
I'll accept this order, but please don't commission me in the future when the shop is closed Also, are there specific pronouns you want for your character?
no (also, I'm sorry, i didn't see it was closed! /gen)

"Thou art unfit for any place but hell."~shakespear
Slime'Tuft is JuniperClan's medcat app. and has a semi-open den policy
auction day! i cant believe it!

Desert Rain Frog hopped in! Blxze. lit this sig. *Lunastar* trampled this sig doing quadrobics. ~MothDust~ drew silli kittis here. leopard. brought her cats in here to destroy the place.

name and pronoun shop
Old January 21st, 2024, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenicCatnip View Post
no (also, I'm sorry, i didn't see it was closed! /gen)
Alright!

And it's okay. I usually put the announcements at the top of the first/opening post.

Old February 5th, 2024, 05:27 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Worried

Hello! Any updates? @TheNyanCatMinecart /lh
Old February 5th, 2024, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Hello! Any updates? @TheNyanCatMinecart /lh
Hello! I’m so sorry this is taking so long. I’ve been really busy lately. I promise I’ll get your character done this week!

Old February 11th, 2024, 03:22 PM

@Wingnettle At long last, here's Dunecall! I really hope you like him.

“WindClan is and always will be my home. I know it so well... and yet there’s always something new. Kits taking their first breaths. Apprentices receiving their full names. A change in the weather. A shift in how the Clan perceives the world. Trials that rise to challenge us. Change must be embraced, but we must never forget the core of our Clan and what we hold dear.”

BASICS

Current Name: Dunecall

Past Name(s): Dunekit, Dunepaw

Future Name(s): N/A

His mother named him Dunekit because of his brownish/orangish/red markings, which made her think of sand dunes rising and falling against the vast black sky.

The new leader, Twilightstar, gave him the suffix -call because he’s a great speaker. The suffix also reflects his dutiful nature, as he’s usually following a “call” to action.

Nickname(s): Sandy, Dune

Both of these are affectionate nicknames occasionally used by those closest to him. “Sandy” corresponds with the prefix Dune-, which is short for “sand dune.” “Dune” on its own just means that the speaker is close enough to him to identify him by only using his prefix. (This has been used in the books to symbolize closeness before.)

Sexual Orientation: Monogamous hetereosexual heteroromantic; allosexual alloromantic

In other words, he’s only interested in being with one cat at a time. He’s only attracted to she-cats. The “allo” prefix means that he’s able to experience attraction.

Age (in moons): 48

RESIDENTIAL INFORMATION

Current Affiliation: WindClan

Past Affiliation(s): ShadowClan (temporarily; not an official member; refugee/prisoner)

Future Affiliation(s): N/A

Current Rank: Warrior

Past Rank(s): Kit, Apprentice

Future Rank(s): N/A

Mentor(s): Dustowl: Dusty dark brown ticked tabby tom (AMAB) with distinctive white markings on his face and green eyes.

Apprentice(s):

Dovetail: Light gray she-cat (AFAB) with a pure white tail and golden eyes.

Grasspaw: Pale brown mackerel tabby tom (AMAB) with leaf-green eyes.

Stempaw [ @elaif ]: Sandy-gray tom with dark paws, lighter markings, and vivid green eyes.

PHYSICAL TRAITS

Body Type: Dunecall is a little bigger than average. If he stood next to an average-sized cat, the top of that cat’s head, not including the ears, would reach somewhere between his nose and his mouth. He has the lean, flexible muscles of a runner, granting him a sleek yet robust body shape. He has a lithe, toned figure with no excess fat.

Fur Type: Dunecall’s fur is short, but it’s also thick and lush. He keeps it sleek and soft to the touch.

Fur Coloring: He is a black classic tabby. Uniquely, some areas are striped instead of swirled. His legs and tail-tip are a brownish, almost orange, red. They’re striped like the rest of his body.

Eye Details: He has rounded almond-shaped eyes.

Eye Coloring: Dunecall’s eyes are a distinctive crystalline light blue, very intense. They look like pools of water underneath a clear midday sky.

Scars/Deformities: He has a snake bite on his front right leg, a rat bite scar on his left flank, a nick in the side of his right ear, and a pair of claw scars on his back. He also has a set of claw marks on his left cheek and a small scar on his left shoulder.

Other: N/A

Image(s): Wingnettle, I’d recommend making an album on WCO, putting all his images there, and linking it here!

Voice: His voice is calm, somewhat low, and mostly smooth save for a slight underlying rumble.

Gait: He walks in a smooth but casual manner.

Scent: He carries WindClan’s territorial scent. The aromas of grass, peat, and rabbits are especially powerful since he spends a lot of time hunting.

Diseases/Conditions: N/A

The following will be ranked out of 10.

Coordination: 9/10. For the most part, he’s mastered his body and how to make his limbs work together so they can do what he wants.

Reflexes: 7/10. He’s quick and agile, but it usually takes him a moment to react suddenly. This also hinders his defense.

Strength: 6/10. He’s by no means weak, but he isn’t the best at fighting, and he certainly isn’t the greatest at using brute strength.

PERSONALITY

Detailed Description: Dunecall has always been loyal. He knows that, to his dying breath, he will serve WindClan. Loyalty is not a quality to be overlooked or taken for granted. Dunecall knows he must uphold his Clan and their values, no matter the cost - even if it means breaking the rules to do so. His sense of duty is powerful, too. He knows there are things that must be done, tasks to be fulfilled, morals to be upheld. Dunecall will never let those slip into the back of his mind. However, he knows how to relax, too. When he knows there is no work to be done, he slips into a carefree, adventurous state, not taking things too seriously and enjoying himself. It’s a good way of hitting reset when his worries get too overwhelming and to process the world around him without feeling his burdens too intensely.

Dunecall isn’t young, but his mature nature makes him come off as older than he actually is. He doesn’t panic in the face of danger, throw around petty insults, or view the world through rose-tinted lenses. He knows that the world is full of danger, unfairness, and pain. However, he doesn’t let this knowledge overwhelm him, remaining calm in the face of uncertainty and anguish. He’s wise, thinking through information that’s given to him, storing it for later, and knowing how to use it for his future endeavors. His wisdom tends to be sought out by others, for he’s great at deciphering situations and helping out. It’s his duty, after all, to always be there for his Clanmates.

Though he’s mature, Dunecall knows when it’s appropriate to have a good laugh or, at the very least, lighten the mood. Life isn’t all doom and gloom, and one shouldn’t think of it as such, or else they will forever be trapped in a prison of misery. He likes to crack jokes. Laughter is birdsong to his ears. However, there are times when he goes a little too far, leaning too heavily into sarcasm that can rub off on others the wrong way or even outright offend them. This usually leads to a long bout of apologizing... and then accidentally making another offensive joke.

Dunecall always strives for peace. He hates conflict, whether it be with words or claws. He will fight when he must. However, his peace-loving nature leads to him speaking against battle or trouble he deems unnecessary even when fighting is better than trying to seek peace. He’s also a bit of a pushover. He doesn’t like making enemies, and he doesn’t see the point in arguments. This leads to him not forcing his paw and letting others insult and walk over him without doing much to stop it.

However, this doesn’t stop him from setting his sights upward. He’s an ambitious cat, always pushing hard and determined to succeed. He has goals and every intention of reaching them. He works hard, and he expects others to do the same; one of his teaching methods is putting others in difficult situations so that they can work through them. This may seem harsh - and others think Dunecall is pushing them too hard - but he believes firmly in this teaching method. It’s one of the things he isn’t a pushover on, for while he won’t always defend himself, he will always defend his core values. He can also be viewed as charismatic - he’s great at using words. This is great when it comes to talking, helping others understand him, and getting points across.

Dunecall is seen by others in many ways. He’s friendly, always willing to help a fellow cat, crack a joke, or engage in conversation. He’s a great cat to be with. However, plenty view him as strange. Many would think his personality contradicts itself, but somehow, it flows perfectly with a cat such as Dunecall. Hard-working yet carefree, mature yet sarcastic, easy to push over yet ambitious... It’ll be a long, long time if another cat such as Dunecall appears, if that’s even possible.

Traits: Loyal, dutiful, carefree, adventurous, mature, calm, wise, thoughtful, helpful, joking, sarcastic, peaceful, pushover, ambitious, hard-working, charismatic, friendly, strange

Mental Age: 60-70 moons

Psychiatric Complications: N/A

Phobias: Cynophobia (fear of canines), ophidiophobia (fear of snakes), acrophobia (fear of heights), astraphobia (fear of storms), pyrophobia (fear of fire)

The following will be ranked out of 10.

Sociability: 8/10. He’s great at socializing with others! However, his strange nature and sarcastic comments can occasionally drive others away.

Outlook (1 being very negative, 10 being very positive): 6/10. He’s mature enough to know the harshness of the real world, but he still tries to look on the brighter side, understanding that losing himself in misery will help no one.

Responsibility: 9/10. Dunecall is sure to get the job done, though he isn’t as uptight about it as most with such devotion.

Cleanliness: 7/10. Dunecall isn’t obsessed with his appearance, but he keeps himself clean.

Generosity: 8/10. He’s quite the generous cat, often offering second chances and giving to others. However, he’s wise enough to know not to give too much of himself away.

Manners: 6/10. Dunecall is mature, but he’s usually laid-back in conversation, cracking jokes or making comments that aren’t the most formal. However, other than some sarcasm that might be taken the wrong way, he tries his best not to be rude.

Bravery: 7/10. Dunecall is willing to do much for his Clan, but he’s far from leaping into situations blindly. He won’t put his life or the lives of others at risk without good reason.

More Logical or More Emotional: Logical

Favorite Season: Newleaf. He loves it when the world is reawakening from its cold, deathly slumber. It’s beautiful and poetic.

Favorite Food(s): Hares, rabbits

Favorite Word(s): Anything poetic or pretty-sounding

Favorite Sound(s): Birdsong, happy chatter, laughter, the thump of a rabbit’s legs as it runs across the moor

Greatest Hope: To be a loyal, devoted WindClan warrior and possibly to even climb higher in their ranks so that he may uphold peace and prosperity

Greatest Strength: His agility and his wise nature

Greatest Weakness: His aversion to fighting and his struggle to stand up for himself

Worst Nightmare: All four Clans falling into all-out war and creating chaos

Deepest Darkest Secret: He’s scared of coyotes, thunderstorms, and fire from events in his life, but he tries to hide it because he doesn’t want to cower in the face of danger

Most Treasured Memory: Catching his first rabbit

Quirk(s):
- He’s usually scratching himself
- When thinking, his gaze becomes distant/bewildered-looking even if he’s still present/not confused
- He likes melodic words, but he has an informal/casual way of speaking
- When he has a good scratch, he grunts like a pig

Theme Song(s):
- See You Again by Wiz Khalifa (feat. Charlie Puth)
- Counting Stars by OneRepublic
- Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
- Count on Me by Bruno Mars

INTERPERSONAL CONNECTIONS

Mother(s): Nightswirl: Black classic tabby she-cat (AFAB) with bright yellow eyes. Biological mother.

Father(s): Sandclaw: Brownish, almost orange, red mackerel tabby tom (AMAB) with distinctive crystalline light blue, very intense, eyes that look like pools of water underneath a clear midday sky. Biological father.

Sibling(s):
- Mudheart: Dark brown classic tabby tom (AMAB) with dark blue eyes. Biological brother; same litter.
- Blossomnose: Orangish-red she-cat (AFAB) with a white spot over her nose and amber eyes. Biological sister; same litter.
- Crowkit: Solid black tom-kit (AMAB) with bright yellow eyes. Biological brother; same litter.

Best Friend(s): N/A

Friend(s): Swiftfire [ @Tiabirb ]

Neutral: Stempaw [ @/elaif ]

Acquaintances: Bravebird [ @tallulah ], Crowtooth [ @Rani ], Silverpaw [ @Estelle ]

Enemies: Petalcrash [ @poppy ], Dawnstar [ @Undertaker ]

Crush(es): N/A

Significant Other(s): N/A

Offspring: N/A

RELATIONS

POSITIVE

Nightswirl: “My memories of her are vague, but I remember him as both gentle and strict, always keeping me comfortable while making sure I didn’t do anything I shouldn’t. I wish I’d gotten to know her better. ...Sometimes, in my nightmares, I can still smell her blood.”

Sandclaw: “I also can’t remember him well, but he was a steady presence in my life. I’ve been told he was loyal to WindClan. Prone to fighting, but not unnecessarily. He died to protect me and my siblings from the coyotes. I remember his yowls.”

Mudheart: “I’d like to imagine he was like Sandclaw. As a kit, he always came up with the best games, though he became a lot more serious as time went by. I could always rely on him to watch my back.”

Blossomnose: “My dear sister... You were always so loyal, so reliable, always willing to listen and negotiate. We were like two peas in a pod. I hope you’re with Mudheart and our parents now in StarClan.”

Dovetail: “She was a good apprentice, and she’s a good warrior. I like her intuition, maturity, and initiative.”

Grasspaw: “A crying shame he died so young. So much potential... We could’ve used another peace-loving cat in this Clan.”

Swiftfire [ @/Tiabirb ]: “She’s a good warrior. Clever. Swift, like her name suggests. I remember that hunting outing we had together. She was quite nice to be with. Though I’ll know for the future not to put her up any trees!”

NEUTRAL

Stempaw [ @/elaif ]: “I know next to nothing about him. I hope he’s a good apprentice... and that he’ll live longer than my other ones. But life’ll take what it’s gotta take.”

Bravebird [ @/tallulah ]: “Nice enough. Helped me get a nasty flea out of my pelt. I’m forever grateful, heh.”

Crowtooth [ @/Rani ]: “He’s got quite the expertise of those tunnels! I can’t wait to see what I learn from him.”

Silverpaw [ @/Estelle ]: “We went hunting together. She seems nice enough.”

NEGATIVE

Petalcrash [ @/poppy ]: “Way too eager to fight. At a Gathering, of all places! I don’t want to mix with folk like that.”

Dawnstar [ @/Undertaker ]: “That horrible, horrible leader. Done so many cruel and terrible things... I say death comes for those who tempt it. It’s a wonder she hasn’t lost all her lives many times over. I hope it chases her down soon.”

BACKGROUND

Place of Birth: The WindClan nursery

Date of Birth: February 1st, 2020

Beliefs: StarClan and the Dark Forest. He isn’t sure where cats who have no faith go when they die, and he doesn’t think it’s his business to guess.

Backstory:

Dunekit was born to Nightswirl and Sandclaw of WindClan alongside his siblings, Mudkit, Blossomkit, and Crowkit. Crowkit was stillborn, so he never knew him. He enjoyed playing with his siblings, and he had a good life. Twilightstar had just become leader at this time.

Then, just before his second moon, coyotes invaded the camp. It was a horrific scene. Cruel creatures stampeding his home, once thought to be a safe haven, snapping cats up in their oversized jaws... Sandclaw fought to the death to help Nightswirl and her kits escape, but alas, another coyote came by and snapped her up. Dunekit would never forget that day. The other warriors rounded him and his siblings up, and they were relocated to the ShadowClan camp for shelter. Not long later, they were able to return to WindClan.

The event thoroughly traumatized Dunekit, maturing him at a young age. He constantly had nightmares about the coyote attack and his parents’ deaths. However, he found a way to cope by spending time with others. His siblings, the other cats in the nursery, heck, he’d even talk to the warriors. It helped to chat and make friends. Gradually, Dunekit was able to recover from the trauma. He accepted that the event was awful, but a warrior’s life came with risks, so he’d do whatever he could for his Clan. He was still terrified of coyotes, though.

He became an apprentice, Dunepaw, with Dustowl as his mentor. The two got along nicely, and Dunepaw found he had an affinity for hunting, though he wasn’t as keen on heading into battle. But he soon learned that, as much as he might not like it, fighting was necessary. WindClan’s conflict with ShadowClan was teeming. Due to ShadowClan’s cruelty, WindClan drove them out of their camp - but ShadowClan retaliated under a new leader, Dawnstar.

Not long after Dunepaw became Dunecall and his siblings also received their warrior names - Mudheart and Blossomnose - Twilightstar went missing, and Dawnstar took over WindClan. It was a period of much terror and confusion. Eventually, however, Twilightstar was found and ShadowClan was driven out. Dustowl died in the process.

ShadowClan’s reign of terror was far from over as they constantly targeted WindClan, killing and even skinning whoever they got their claws on, donning the pelts of the murdered as trophies and stealing the Sky Glade. Mudheart ended up dying during one of their attacks. Dunecall’s natural sympathy toward others vanished as he saw how heartless ShadowClan could be. He couldn’t help thinking that if he were leader, he’d find a way to move the Clans toward a more peaceful era, one where such things wouldn’t happen.

He got an apprentice to train who grew to be a warrior, Dovetail. Not long later, he gained another apprentice, Grasspaw. However, while hunting, they came upon a snake pit. Both of them got bitten by adders. Dunecall was strong enough to pull through, but Grasspaw succumbed to the venom. Now he’d gained a new phobia: snakes. They could be hiding anywhere in the ground... He’d better watch his step.

Eventually, ShadowClan’s reign of terror ceased as WindClan took back the Sky Glade and Dawnstar ordered a truce. Dunecall was immensely relieved, though that didn’t make him like ShadowClan any more than he had before.

A terrible lightning storm took Blossomnose’s life; hunting and open spaces are not a good combination. Dunecall mourned his lost family, but he knew he wasn’t alone, not with his Clanmates beside him. His sense of duty toward WindClan hardened. Everything he’d endured - all this death and destruction from a young age - had matured him, too, though Dunecall knew that there had to be some light in his life, too. If every cat focused on the dangers, the war, and the other bad things, life would never be enjoyable. So he continued to be sociable, cracking jokes, enjoying himself, and always being there for his Clan. It never felt strained; it came naturally to him, a quality which others tend to envy.

The fire that swept through WindClan’s territory in a particularly dry greenleaf certified his fear of storms and fires. Dunecall managed to evacuate with his life, and he adapted nicely to his Clan’s new home - though it was a bit strange, treating this unfamiliar land like his old home.

Currently, Dunecall is a proactive member of WindClan. He’s just received a new apprentice, Stempaw, and he’s made friends with Swiftfire. Tensions with RiverClan are high, and there was a brief bout with ThunderClan over their brutal deputy, Spiderthroat, though that seems to have died down...

OTHER

Creation Date: February 11th, 2024

First Post: January 9th, 2024

Purrks: The Collector, Herbal Knowledge Tier 1 (Goldenrod, Comfrey, Poppy Seeds)

Other:
- His personality is inspired by Ezylryb from The Guardians of Ga’Hoole.
- He always loves a good scratch!
- He isn’t a specific breed.
- Wingnettle, since Dovetail is still alive, you can adopt her out if you’d like! Otherwise, I can find some way for her to die. Also, you can put your tracker here, as I’m not sure what emojis you use for it.

Old February 11th, 2024, 03:44 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Worried

Thanks a lot! @TheNyanCatMinecart
Old February 11th, 2024, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Thanks a lot! @TheNyanCatMinecart
Ofc!