Last post by Rustleaf
Today 10:35 PM
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by Ladiebugg
Today 10:30 PM

Old November 20th, 2023, 07:07 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Carnation || bio

"It's my grand design! I'll never, ever leave you behind!" - Superstar by CG5

BASICS

Current Name: Carnation

Past Name(s): N/A

Future Name(s): N/A

Her mother gave her this name because everyone in her family had a flower-themed name, and she wanted her daughter to have good luck in the romantic department - carnations symbolize romance.

Nickname(s): Sweetheart

She's given this nickname by everyone she's close to because of her sweet, passionate personality.

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual homoromantic (lesbian); allosexual alloromantic

In other words, Carnation is only attracted to she-cats.

Age (in moons): 24

RESIDENTIAL INFORMATION

Current Affiliation: Loner

Past Affiliation(s): N/A

Future Affiliation(s): N/A

Current Rank: N/A

Past Rank(s): Kit

Future Rank(s): N/A

Mentor(s): N/A

Apprentice(s): N/A

PHYSICAL TRAITS

Body Type: Carnation is massive. If she were standing next to an average-sized cat, the top of that cat's head, not including their ears, would reach just above her chest. She has a sturdy build, with a broad chest, shoulders, paws, and back. Her ears are long and taper to gentle points. She also has an elegantly long tail. Carnation is neither slender nor pudgy, and she doesn't have a lot of muscle mass. She's the perfect mix of powerful and elegant.

Fur Type: Carnation has long, flowing fur that's thick and extremely soft to the touch. It's neither sleek nor messy, resting somewhere in between. Her ear-tips are tufted, and the ears themselves are full of fur. She has a bushy tail and thick, mane-like fur around her neck.

Fur Coloring: Her fur is a beautiful shade of pale orange with darker blotched tabby markings. She has a white splotch on her chest, white back paws, and white rings around her eyes.

Eye Details: She has huge, round, reflective eyes.

Eye Coloring: Carnation's eyes are a dark shade of amber.

Scars/Deformities: Her long, thick coat makes it difficult to get scars. However, Carnation has a few. There are some light, thin ones scattered across her paw pads from getting stuck in a patch of thorns and a thicker one on her front left paw pad from cutting it open on a fence. There's a small notch in the side of her right ear from an encounter with a rogue. There's also a large bite, mostly hidden by her fur, which she received from a fox.

Other: Carnation often gets bits of leaf litter and moss stuck in her fur, especially her tail. They can be hard to see from a distance.

Image(s): N/A

Voice: Due to her broader chest and larger stature, Carnation has a deep voice. However, it's smooth, lilting, and rather pleasant to listen to.

Gait: Carnation walks with a heavier step, but moons of practice has enabled her to move with more silence and grace. If only the same could be said about her younger years...

Scent: Carnation smells strongly of flowers, ferns, and moss, but there's an underlying aroma of leaf litter and old wood. Ironically, she smells more like dandelions and daisies than she does carnations.

Diseases/Conditions: N/A

The following will be ranked out of 10.

Coordination: 6/10. Carnation may have practiced moving gracefully and with control for a long time, but with long fur that can drag on roots and branches and a massive build, she won't get anywhere near what a cat half her size and weight could manage.

Reflexes: 5/10. Mostly because of her build, Carnation doesn't react the fastest, and she isn't the most agile. That doesn't mean she lacks all skills, though.

Strength: 9/10. Carnation may not have packed on muscle, but her body type and what life experience she's gained makes her a formidable opponent. Her strength will only increase as time goes on.

PERSONALITY

Detailed Description: If you think you've met a devoted cat, one meeting with Carnation will blow them right out of the water. Her dedication and loyalty know no bounds. If she pledges herself to anyone or anything - whether it be a certain cat or a group of cats - she will never abandon that loyalty. She'll stick by your side, offering support in the hardest of times, and willing to risk her life for those she loves without question. Unfortunately, this devotion means that Carnation won't ask necessary questions and is prone to trusting blindly once she's formed a relationship. Relationships, platonic and romantic alike, take time, so when they've formed, Carnation expects the other cat to share the same traits as her. Unfortunately, that isn't how the world works.

Carnation is also the sweetest cat you'll ever meet. She's brimming with sunshine and positivity even though she understands that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a wonderful combination of traits - someone who looks on the bright side despite knowing the pain and trials of the world. She loves offering advice and helping out, and she always has a kind word for everyone she meets. She's sympathetic, too, always doing her best to understand the pain of others. But even the best traits have their downsides. Carnation can spend so long trying to take care of others that she forgets to take care of herself. She's willing to sacrifice an unhealthy amount of herself to make others happy. She can also drive herself crazy trying to understand others, often feeling guilty whenever she's happy and someone else isn't. She just wishes she could understand everything and fix every flaw in the world.

Her perfectionism can run her into the ground. Every little flaw she makes, every mistake, gets translated into her being and dominates her mind. Carnation has learned how to overcome some things, but certainly not all. The larger issue hasn't yet been fixed. What's funny is that she won't judge others nearly as harshly, always making excuses on their behalf and forgiving too easily. It can be a struggle as Carnation tries to figure out her place in the world and how harshly to judge herself versus how harshly she should judge others.

Other than constantly worrying about philosophy and making others happy, Carnation is surprisingly confident. When she forms an opinion, she holds firm, and it's difficult to sway her. She's passionate about whatever she holds dear and her own values in life: Spreading kindness and positivity, trying to do her best, and helping those who need it.

Traits: Devoted, loyal, supportive, steadfast, trusting, sweet, optimistic, bright, helpful, kind, sympathetic, selfless, philosophical, overthinker, perfectionistic, forgiving, worrisome, confident, strong-willed, passionate

Mental Age: 30 moons

Psychiatric Complications: Anxiety, Hyper-Empathy Disorder

Phobias: Atelophobia (fear of imperfection), phasmophobia (fear of ghosts/spirits), atychiphobia (fear of rejection/failure), dementophobia (fear of going mad/insane)

The following will be ranked out of 10.

Sociability: 10/10. Carnation loves interacting with others and is almost always a pleasant cat to be around!

Outlook (1 being very negative, 10 being very positive): 9/10. Carnation believes that there is always light in the world. However, she also recognizes that the world isn't perfect and that there are flaws.

Responsibility: 10/10. Carnation feels responsibility for everyone and everything, often to a fault.

Cleanliness: 6/10. She tries, she really does, but living in a forest with long, thick fur means that there's a high likelihood of getting things stuck in her pelt. She also likes to roll in flowers to get their scent on her pelt.

Generosity: 10/10. Carnation gives so much of herself that, at some point, she'll need to learn that it's okay to care about herself, too.

Manners: 9/10. She's pretty good but not perfect.

Bravery: 8/10. Carnation is willing to face most threats, but she has common sense to know when to stay away. That is, unless someone she loves is in danger. If so, that bravery can be bumped up to a reckless 10/10.

More Logical or More Emotional: Emotional

Favorite Season: Newleaf. There are so many pretty flowers blooming, and the world is full of green, growing things... It's beautiful, and it smells so good!

Favorite Food(s): Shrews, birds

Favorite Word(s): Flower, Bloom, Sunshine, Love, Hope, Peace, Respect

Favorite Sound(s): The rustle of ferns and flowers in the wind, the buzz of a bug's wings, and the scuttle of prey over the earth

Greatest Hope: To be loved by every good cat she meets

Greatest Strength: Her sweet, empathetic nature and her physical strength

Greatest Weakness: Her perfectionism and anxiety over cats not liking her

Worst Nightmare: Turning into someone cold and cruel who doesn't care about others (even if this is an irrational fear)

Deepest Darkest Secret: She's afraid of foxes

Most Treasured Memory: Playing in flower fields with her siblings as a young cat, overlooked by her parents, who watched with big smiles on their faces.

Quirk(s):
- Carnation cocks her head to the side and nods often when listening to someone speak
- When in a new/unfamiliar situation, she pauses for a moment to collect her thoughts
- She glances from side to side when it's silent
- Sometimes, she'll alter her body movements to mimic someone else's (for example, if she's walking slower than someone else, she'll move faster)

Theme Song(s):
- Superstar by CG5
- Still Dancing by OR3O
- Good To Be Alive by CG5

INTERPERSONAL CONNECTIONS

Mother(s): Lily: White cisgender she-cat with pale orange spotted tabby colorpoints and amber eyes. Biological mother.

Father(s): Aster: Light gray mackerel tabby cisgender tom with dark blue eyes. Biological father.

Sibling(s):
Daisy: Pure, solid white cisgender she-cat with rich yellow eyes. Biological sister; same litter.
Rose: Rich orange cisgender she-cat with classic tabby markings and amber eyes. Biological sister; same litter.
Jasmine: White cisgender she-cat with pale orange colorpoints and dark blue eyes. Biological sister; same litter.
Hibiscus: Orange mackerel tabby cisgender tom with white legs and blue eyes. Biological brother; same litter.

Best Friend(s): Lily, Aster, Daisy, Rose, Jasmine, Hibiscus

Friend(s): N/A

Neutral: N/A

Acquaintances: N/A

Enemies: N/A

Crush(es): N/A

Significant Other(s): N/A

Offspring: N/A

RELATIONS

POSITIVE

Lily: "No one could ask for a better mother. She taught me so much about caring for others and working hard. She educated me in a way that helped me learn; she could be harsh sometimes, sure, but that's not what I remember about her. I'm so happy I have her in my life."

Aster: "No one could ask for a better father. I've heard so many terrible stories about fathers who abandon their kits, but Aster would never do that to us. No, he raised us just as much as Lily did, teaching me to care for everyone and help wherever I can. I'm so lucky. It hurts so much whenever I hear about others' broken families... I really am lucky."

Daisy: "One of my dear sisters. It's funny because the scent of daisies almost always clings to my pelt. We hang out all the time, laughing and making jokes, running through the forest without a care in the world. She helps me loosen up. I'm close with all my sisters, and I really hope this isn't insensitive to say, but... I feel like I'm closest with Daisy. Is that wrong? I should love them all equally. But... that's just how I feel."

Rose: "If I'm romantic, Rose is even more so. She's already had two litters with different toms! I don't know if I could ever match her carefree spirit, her willingness to move from cat to cat. But she never breaks their hearts - no, she never cheated on any of her mates, and she told them upfront that she didn't want to settle with one. She can be very headstrong, but I love her all the same, even though we're so different."

Jasmine: "My dear sister. I miss you so much. It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact that I didn't cause your death and that it was a fatal accident. Those things happen, unfortunately. But I loved her so much. We all had such fun together. I can't think of a time I ever argued with Jasmine. Or is my brain altering my memories?"

Hibiscus: "I often hang out with him and Daisy. He's so much fun! I love hunting with him. We talk a lot, too. His kind personality and level head are both things I aspire for."

NEUTRAL

N/A

NEGATIVE

N/A

BACKGROUND

Place of Birth: A forest some ways away from Clan territory

Date of Birth: November 11th, 2021

Beliefs: Carnation isn't sure. She thinks spirits exist, but where, she doesn't know - and she's deathly afraid of them.

Backstory:

Carnation was born to Lily and Aster alongside her siblings, Daisy, Rose, Jasmine, and Hibiscus. From a young age, she had a good life. She played with her siblings, and, although they argued a lot, they matured and grew closer as they got older. Lily and Aster taught them all they needed to know about the world, helping them hunt, fight, and avoid predators. Carnation liked her existence. It was simple. Fun.

But she knew the world was full of dangers and so many other cats. She wasn't sheltered - no, she met many cats over the course of her life. They brought news, too, so much news that pained her heart. A tyrannical leader of the Dawn who skinned trespassers and forced her cats to obey horrific rules; a noble nation led by the Twilight who cared for the weak but defended themselves when they must; a broken nation who passed from leader to leader, suffering from natural disasters and lack of strength; and a nation who constantly shifted, going from brutal methods to a sense of peace. Carnation loved hearing these stories. Yet as time grew on and she grew older and matured, she couldn't help thinking about these cats. About the world. It got overwhelming at times. She wanted to help everyone but avoid direct conflict; she wondered if she could get anyone to like her.

This constant exposure was good and bad. On one paw, it gave Carnation good perspective. On the other, it gave her anxiety.

One time, as an adult, Carnation was out hunting with Jasmine when they were attacked by a fox. Carnation knew what to do and ran, but Jasmine froze. Carnation turned back to help her sister, but by then, it was too late. Jasmine was killed. Carnation managed to grab the body, risking a bite to the leg, and brought her home.

Carnation was lost in her grief for a while. She felt guilty for Jasmine's death, replaying the moment over and over in her head, feeling like she could prevent it. But, after some talks with her parents, siblings, and passersby, she finally realized that Jasmine's death wasn't her fault. She couldn't be perfect; life wasn't predictable. Carnation was able to get her grief off her mind and live her life. However, the event changed her. She'd already been a cat-pleaser, but now a sense of duty, rock-solid, had developed in her. Carnation didn't want to leave anyone behind. Ever. And another piece of anxiety lurked in the back of her mind, too. What if something random happened that she couldn't prevent? How could one judge life if it was so unpredictable?

But Carnation tries to shove these thoughts away, focusing on what's in front of her even if her mind keeps jumping to the future. She's currently living in that same forest with her family, wondering what tomorrow brings.

OTHER

Creation Date: November 18th, 2023

First Post: N/A

Purrks: N/A

Other: N/A

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old November 20th, 2023, 09:01 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Carnation || bio

Can't believe I forgot to put this, but thank you to @/Tac Nyan for the amazing character!

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art