by BEAR.
Last post by Neptune.
Today 08:26 PM

Old December 28th, 2017, 03:38 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

@Inglewood Binks

Now perched on top of the older tom, paws having landed evenly squared on Chivewhisker's shoulder blades, Twig gave his head a shake before looking down. "O-Oh my!" he mumbled, startled from the sight of the other feline. A strong familiar smell wafted from his pelt, the same one he'd been surrounded by since entering this marshy swampland. The snow that covered everything certainly didn't do any favors of covering up the fishy smell, and with that thought in his mind Twig stumbled off of Chivewhisker, backing up a few paces.

"I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" he asked, sniffing cautiously to catch any smell of blood. He'd had his claws unsheathed, but he was only ten moons old; the worst he could've done was snatched up a tiny piece of fur - certainly not long enough to shred flesh. "I thought you... well, I thought you were a crow," Twig admitted bashfully, feeling heat warm his face as his ears went back in embarressment, averting his gaze to the white ground beneath him. You idiot! thought Twig, feeling waves of shame wash over him.
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:54 PM
hoh! wow

My Mood: Psychedelic

@Mauve
chivewhisker watched the smaller sized cat pace back and tried to figure out why. as he went on, he studied him as close as he possibly could but chivewhisker was at a loss.
he thought i was a crow? was he trying to insult chivewhisker? well he didn't feel very insulted. and besides, there weren't any crows around as far as he knew of. the short cat stood there, drawing up a long silence. he made a face, studying the brown cat up and down, side to side; completely perplexed.

you're my dad!
boogie woogie woogie

*was inglewood binks !!*

characters || || (old da)

Last edited by zinfranny; December 28th, 2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old December 28th, 2017, 04:05 PM
stardust memories

@Inglewood Binks

Twig watched the RiverClan tom as he studied him, furrowing his brows as he tried to figure out just what was so fascinating about himself. Sure, he was an outsider, potentially trespassing, but this tom seemed hardly bothered by the fact. "I really didn't mean to stumble on your territory," he cleared his through, trying to stand taller to appear less shaken by the whole ordeal. Something seemed rather off with this other feline however. Twig couldn't exactly place it, but he seemed to be thinking about something other than what had just happened. Perhaps he will know about my father? Twig thought, a flutter of hope taking flight in his chest. It was worth a shot at least.

First, introductions thought. Don't forget your manners. His mothers' voice rang through his head before he could get the chance to ask. Though most of the time he ignored it, Twig knew in this case Zoie would be right; he didn't even know this cats name. "I'm Twig by the way," he began, dipping his head in a friendly greeting before curiosity overtook him. "What's your name?" A pause, and then, "...You don't happen to be Reedtail, do you?"

(Tiny backstory time: Twig was born to a loner and a RiverClan warrior, who's name was Reedtail. My plot was that he went in search of his father, but unbeknownst to him Reedtail died in the Gathering battle. Although, due to Chivewhisker's memory I don't think he would quite recall that hahaha!)
Old December 28th, 2017, 04:21 PM
hoh! wow

@Mauve
(oh, i know that, i read twig's page. i'm a good little scholar :^) ))

"mm-mm. no, never heard of him. i'm chive... whisker," the small rowan cat replied, the first confident thing he had said this whole time. chivewhisker had no idea who this cat was, where he came from and why they were talking, but he seemed to be one for conversation, so he went along with it. he seemed to be quite the sweet-talker, actually- at least to him. of course, chivewhsiker wasn't known for his conversation skills so the responsibility of keeping the exchange going was left to the other cat.

you're my dad!
boogie woogie woogie

*was inglewood binks !!*

Old December 28th, 2017, 04:45 PM
stardust memories

@Inglewood Binks

(Oh my, look at you go! ^^)

Twig blinked in confusion, taken aback a little at how he introduced himself. Chivewhisker, huh? That was certainly a unique name, and one that Twig had not heard of. Though, it did sound similar to Reedtail. At least in the sense they were both uncommon. "Chivewhisker?" he echoed outloud, blinking again as it sounded rather strange on his tongue. A strange name for a strange cat, he assumed. The brown tom gave a shrug of his shoulders once more.

"I'm looking for someone by that name. Do you know of any other cats living around here? Perhaps a Clan of some sort? Or multiple Clans? There is more than one I think..." Twig trailed off, lost in thought as he tried to remember what his mother had told him about the Clans. She didn't speak of it much, but what she had told him he searched his foggy memory for. The past days of travel and lack of decent food that he was used to cluttered up his brain, and Twig glanced back at Chivewhisker, hoping the older tom would know what he was talking about.
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:01 PM
hoh! wow

@Mauve
clans? now that was a familiar word. chivewhisker recalled into what scarce memory he had; more of instinct than memory- he'd heard of clans a lot and long long before now. he nodded as the loner went on as though they were both searching in their memory for a common thing.
"yep, yep, there's definitely a clan around here. uh, i'm... pretty sure? there's more than one? i think there's 3..." chivewhisker was lost in thought just as much as this loner was. eventually, his thoughts took hold of his paws and chivewhisker turned tail from the conversation. however little knowledge chivewhisker held, his body acted in accordance to repetition, and seemed to glue to a path.

you're my dad!
boogie woogie woogie

*was inglewood binks !!*

Old December 28th, 2017, 05:07 PM
stardust memories

@Inglewood Binks

"Okay..." Twig let out a rush of his breath, studying Chivewhisker's expression for anything the tom might be hiding. Perhaps being vague about the Clans was a defensive mechanism that the Clan cats were taught. But he wasn't about to let some reluctant tom stop him from finding his dad. "Do you know where th- hey!" Before he finished speaking, Twig refocused his attention on Chivewhisker to see the tom turning and walking away. What is he doing? Twig thought, bewildered as he scrambled after him.

The brown tom fell into step beside Chivewhisker, looking up at up with the most curious gaze. "Wait, hold on! Can you tell me where these Clans are? Are you apart of one? My fa- Reedtail, the cat I'm searching for, was apart of this "River" Clan. I'm not sure what that is, but..." Again, he trailed off, not sure if Chivewhisker was going to be able to answer all the questions at once. He certainly didn't want to frazzle the tom. Taking a deep breath, Twig mewed, "Do you know about this "River" Clan?"
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:24 PM
hoh! wow

@Mauve
(ah oml twig and his tiresome quest to find his father and then there's just chive :,) ))
his paws were on a path which chivewhisker had no idea of. he went on minding his own business until some cat came rumbling next to him, making him leap and nearly right out of his fur.
chivewhisker, reeled back from the scare, found his footing after a while of exchanged glances; his pale eyes gawked at the brown loner as though he were the most unexpected thing ever to happen in the history of all the clans.
"holy cow... you can't scare someone like that," chivewhisker meowed warily, using one of his paws in a chopping motion to emphasize himself. the tom looked utterly flustered.

you're my dad!
boogie woogie woogie

*was inglewood binks !!*

Last edited by zinfranny; December 28th, 2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:43 PM
stardust memories

@Inglewood Binks

(It's quite hilarious! Poor Twig is just tired and wants to see his dad and Chive is there, all like, "Hi who are you again - oh look a crow! Haven't seen one of those - oh my gosh a crow feather! So rare!" ^^)

Twig had already opened his jaws to reply to the answer he had excepted - a simple, yet vague, "yes" - when he blinked. A puzzled expression overtook his face, distorting his features. "I didn't... I was just talking to you," Twig mewed, leaning forward a bit to study Chivewhisker once more. He seemed genuinely caught off-guard. If this was some weird Clan tactic to get strange outsiders to turn around, it was exquisite. He would've never expected it, but it was going to take more than just that to turn him away.

"I just want to know if there is such thing as a River Clan. A group of wild cats who live together?" Hopefully by simplifying it, Twig would get the answer he sought. His eyes burned with curiosity as he stared at Chivewhisker. Please understand that I just want to find my father he screamed in his head, begging for this cat to take mercy and stop hiding behind these games. He wasn't here to hurt the Clans - just to meet them, and his father.
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Curious Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Rainpelt watched with some surprise as the tom rolled a small, white thing toward her. It looked like the shells she’d sometimes find scattered along the bank. She gave it a sniff and noticed it smelled vaguely of fish. “You were eating these?” She asked, a little bewildered. “How? Why didn’t you catch a fish instead?”
Watch's voice held a chuckle, "They are fish, in a way," He gestured to the river bank, "They nest under the sand near the water. The otters eat them by breaking them open." He flicked his eyes to the shellfish that lay between them, "I... Could show you, if you would like?"