Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:33 PM
tracker stuff
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 02:32 PM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 02:28 PM

Old July 1st, 2017, 02:07 AM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default BeachClan's Chaos

(AUTHOR NOTE, I've decided to discontinue Creekclan's destiny because I don't have the plot completely planned out like Beachclan. Beachclan will finish and I promise this time. This all takes place before the roleplay/after. I'll have different cats and such.)
BEACHCLAN
(Updates as the story goes.)
LEADER: Sanddune - sandy colored tom with a large scar on his right eye
DEPUTY: Fox - white molly with black ear tips
APPRENTICE, Oak - unusually small, brown molly
Medicine Cat: Chameleon - grey tom with green eyes
APPRENTICE, Owl - lanky, brown, tabby tom with wide, green eyes
WARRIORS:
Diamond - blue-grey molly
APPRENTICE, Willow - grey molly with deep green eyes
Volcano - brown tom with amber eyes
APPRENTICE, Ember - ginger tom with odd colored eyes
Skunkstripe - black tom with a single white stripe
APPRENTICE, Vole - brown tabby molly
Petal - dilute calico molly
Lakecloud - long furred grey tom with deep blue eyes.
Sharktooth - blue-grey molly
Leafslide - splotchy brown and white molly
Frostfang- white tom
Reedtail - cream tom with a long, thin tail
Rosethorn - black and orange tortoise-shell molly
Foxmask - long furred ginger tabby tom
QUEENS -
Maple - calico molly with several scars (Mother to, Bone, Palm, and Salt)
Doll - grey and white molly (Former kittypet, mother to Cloud and Storm.)
ELDERS -
Snow - very young, white tom, retired early due to failed hearing.
Mint- young grey kit, born without legs.

Last edited by Role; August 26th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 12:47 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Default Re: BeachClan's Chaos

Prologue,

Ember woke with a start. The warmth of his mother soothed him from his wild dream. His dream involved his mother and the sound of Twolegs barking. Suppressing a shudder he pressed closer to his mother. "Get off, you're squishing me, Ember," a tiny squeak filled his ears from below. Jumping upward, his eyes widened as he saw his sister, Vole beneath him. "Where's mama?" Vole yawned and settled back down. An icy chill ran through Ember. Perhaps it wasn't a dream, maybe it was reality. Shaking his head wildly, he shook of the thought. She's just hunting, he reassured himself, but doubt prickled in his belly. Ember could no longer smell the scent of his mother, or feel her fur pressing against him. It was just Vole, and his brother Lake. Squeezing his eyes shut, Ember burrowed up against his siblings and suppressed a whimper. They were alone. Forever.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 01:12 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Chapter One,
The Start of Something New,

A mouse chattered nearby, as if talking to itself. A few tail lengths away, a twig snapped. The mouse's ears shot up and it bolted away. Lake let out a yowl and sprang on top of it. "Kill it," Vole shouted. Lake quickly bent down to nip it, but the mouse wiggled out of his grasp. Ember stood up and fluffed out his fur. "Great job Lake! You let it go," he hissed. Lake bristled but knew better than to say something. Vole strut away. "I'm gonna catch one all by myself," she boasted. Ember's fur rose to its highest extent. "No you won't!" Turning her head away haughtily, Vole sat down and lifted her chin. "Not if you scare everything away by how loud you are," she retorted. Vole knew very well how to catch her own prey, but never succeeded due to her smaller size. Although the trio of kits taught themselves how to hunt at a younger age, Lake was too squeamish to kill a mouse. Without family to mentor them, they failed many times, and very rarely caught something to feed all three of the growing kits. Vole stood up and bounded away. Apparently Ember had been bragging about catching a huge rabbit. Rolling her eyes, she walked though the dense jungle. Thick grass surrounded the kit, some towering over her. Suddenly, she tripped on a bramble. Stumbling around as Vole tangled herself up, she let out a wail as the thorns dug into her leg. Distant voices rang in her ears. They sounded concerned and confused, except for one gruff voice. "Ember? Lake?" Vole called out to the voices. A small head poked out of the grass. As soon as it arrived, it was gone. Vole whimpered. She felt more alone than ever. Pain stabbed her leg as the tall grasses seemed as if they were closing in on her. Trying once more to get free of the bramble tendril, Vole collapsed. "It's no use," she wailed to herself. "You're going to die here, alone and hungry." Suddenly, two, much larger cats emerged from the grass. "Don't worry kit, we'll get you free," one soothed. The pair slowly untangled her leg. As soon as she was free, she bolted away, back in the direction from whence she came. "Ember! Lake!" Vole barely heard herself call to her siblings. Every time she took a step, pain struck her leg. Eventually slowing to a stop, she limped along the path she took. "Don't leave me here alone," she whimpered. Vole flopped down and whimpered. Suddenly, Ember bounded out of the thick undergrowth. "Big cats from something called a Clan came to help us!" He exclaimed. "Ember!" Vole sighed in relief. Lake also arrived. "Lake!" Behind the two toms, came five more cats, including the two she-cats who helped her. One she-cat gazed at her with amazement. "You run pretty fast for someone with a thorn in her pad," she joked. Vole recognized the strange cat as the curious head that poked her head in the grass, and vanished. Vole bristled and arched her back, trying to seem bigger. "Calm down kit, we're here to help," a large tom growled. Vole spat at them, but Ember gave her ear a lick. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe," he murmured in her ear. "Me too," Lake agreed. Vole seemed to relax a little at that, and forced her fur to lie flat. "Come with us," the tom ordered as the group of cats led the way. "Ember," Vole began. "What did you tell him about us?" Ember looked at her with a smile. "Nothing! He is a clever cat though," he purred fondly. Lake looked relaxed and calm, but Vole knew inside he was a torrent of anxiety. Vole's fur rose as they entered an entrance. An even bigger group of cats surrounded them! A lanky tom, about her age, edged closer to investigate. He had large ears and round eyes. "Go to the medicine den," the friendly young she-cat said. "I'll show you where to go." The young cat bounded off to a rocky den. Vole limped along and peeked her head inside. The wide-eyed tom she saw before bounded over. "Hi! My name's Owl, I'm the medicine cat apprentice," he nervously explained. "My name is Vole," she replied warily. The she-cat who led her purred. "My name is Petal." Vole winced as another wave of pain shot through her leg. "Oh! Right, let me look at it. Chameleon is out collecting herbs right now, but I can help you," Owl hurried into the den and beckoned her with his long tail. Vole shot a grateful glance at Petal before bounding into the den. "Sit down and let me look at your leg," Owl ordered. Vole did as she said and held out her paw. Owl examined the foot. "Lick around the thorn," he ordered once more as he sifted through herbs on the wall. Vole did as she was told. Why were these cats helping us? she wondered as she licked her pad. "Okay that's enough," Owl said as he bent towards the paw. Vole raised her head and watched him warily. Owl gently put his teeth around the thorn and slowly pulled the thorn out. "Ouch!" Vole exclaimed. "Give it a good lick, and let me know if it feels worse," he purred. "I'm not sure what else to do, I was just made an apprentice!" "Apprentice," Vole echoed. "What's that?" Owl shook his head with a smile. "You'll learn soon enough, rest for now while I get the rest of the thorns out of your fur," he replied. Vole laid down in the nest and rested her head on her paws. As Owl gently plucked the thorns out of her fur, and sucked in a tight, surprised breath, but Vole ignored it. Ember said before that the cats were from a Clan. Is this what it is? A Clan? Closing her eyes, she let out a heavy sigh. If it is, I'm gonna have to get used to it. Slowly, Vole fell asleep.

Last edited by Role; July 4th, 2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old July 4th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Chapter Two,
Beginnings,
Vole thrashed awake as a warm, liquidy texture was lathered into her leg. Yowling in surprise, the kit lept upwards and arched her back. "Jeeze kit, you're jumpy," a hunchbacked grey tom commented. Vole blinked and warily relaxed. "Who are you?" The grey Tom looked at her with no emotion in his expression. "Chameleon," he replied. Vole recalled seeing the large, green lizards hissing at her when she got close. She always thought it was odd how they changed color at the sight of her. Suddenly, she felt the warm liquid spreading on her fur. "What is that?" Vole wrinkled her nose at the acrid smell. "A poultice. It's a mixture of marigold and dock," Chameleon replied. Vole tipped her head to one side, but said nothing. "They stop infection," Chameleon answered her unasked question. Suddenly, Vole went rigid. "Ember and Lake! Where are they?" Chameleon only shrugged. "You're free to walk around camp, but be careful on that leg," he replied. Vole lept to her feet and bounded into the clearing. "Ember! Lake!" Her yowl echoed in the camp, causing almost every cat to look at her. Vole felt hot under her pelt, and she began to walk low, her belly fur brushing the ground. The cats slowly turned their head and back, and Vole tread more easily around the clearing. A black and white head shot out of the nursery. The kit squeaked and shot back inside. Vole heard whispering among five kits. "Let's attack!" One said. "How can I attack?" Another mewed miserably. "Bat at her!" The first one replied. Silence followed the mews, until Vole was tackled to the ground. Four kits batted her with sheathed paws, and one other kit lay off to the side and tried to find a spot to join in. Vole fell limp and waited for the kits to stop attacking. "Is she dead?" The white kit whimpered. "I dont know," another kit replied. "We win!" The third kit had yowled. Vole suddenly lept to her feet. "I'm not dead yet!" The kits squealed in terror and rushed back to their mother. All but one. The final kit, grey and bearing only two forelegs scrabbled desperately at the ground. Vole felt a rush of pity and nudged the kit towards the Nursery. The kit turned towards her and blinked gratefully. A queen poked her head out, her gaze hostile. "Don't mess with my kits, rogue," she spat. Vole winced and nodded. Suddenly, a large, heavy body crashed onto her. "Got you!" The stranger yowled. Vole thrashed around and threw her attacker off. Standing up to fluff out her fur, she whipped around. Suddenly, her fur flattened. "Ember!" "Vole! I heard them talking!" "Who?" Vole tipped her head to one side. "Sanddune and Reedtail!" Ember frowned as he saw confusion still clear in her eyes. "Reedtail is the leader of BeachClan, and you know Sanddune. He's the one with the scar," he replied. Vole nodded. "What did they say?" "They said we could join! They'll announce it later!" Vole bristled. Join? Join a strange group of cats she barely knows? All because they saved her from a bramble? Vole sniffed. "I don't like it here though," she grumbled. "But me and Lake do! You have to join Vole! We could get super cool names like Sanddune," he insisted. "Wonder what mine would be." "Probably something boring like Emberfur," she snickered. "No way! I'd be something like.. Emberfang." "I would be Lynxclaw! I don't like Vole," Vole replied. "Right, because you're as scary as a Lynx," Ember teased. Vole was about to reply when a yowl sounded from the Dune. Lake trotted over to them, fur bristled in excitement. "Let all cats gather beneath the Dune!" Vole stared up at the lanky tom with a very long tail. "Yesterday, we came across three kits, all of age of apprenticeship. We have decided to allow them to join if they wish," the tom announced. "Well? What's your answer? Would you like to join?" Ember was the first to agree. "Yes!" Lake nodded vigorously. The pair looked expectantly at Vole. Vole glanced at the two hopeful kits. Perhaps it really wouldn't be so bad. "I will join."

Last edited by Role; July 28th, 2017 at 12:03 AM.
Old July 28th, 2017, 12:47 AM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Chapter Three
A Brand New Day,

Ember awoke to sun shining down on him. Bleary eyed and tired, he prodded Lake and Vole awake. They yawned and Vole prodded Owl and Petal awake. All five of them sat for a moment, taking turns yawning before Ember's eyes snapped open. Today was his first day as a real apprentice! Bouncing to his paws he nudged the remaining four to their feet. "We're training today!" Lake still yawned, but looked more excited than he did before. Vole stretched and heaved a heavy sigh. Petal smiled, and Owl grinned. A sixth cat poked her head in the entrance. Ember studied the brown cat. She was unusually small, but looked around the same age as the five apprentices. "Hurry up! I've been waiting forever," the apprentice complained. "Oh, hush, Oak," Petal mumbled. "We'll come out when we're ready." "No, you'll come out now," a seventh voice growled. "Sorry Sanddune!" Petal bounded to the tom. Oak sniffed and turned away. The trio shrugged while Owl just yawned and left the den. Ember noticed Vole stared after him, almost in a trance. Ember brushed it off. "Let's go sleepyheads, we have to find out who our mentors are!" The three exited the den. "Let all cats gather beneath the Dune!" Ember's paws tingled with excitement. "Three kits, now apprentices, joined our Clan yesterday. The apprentices will need mentors. I will assign them now," Reedtail called. "Skunkstripe, you will mentor Vole." The striped tom didn't look impressed. He touched his nose to Vole and backed away. "Leafslide, you will mentor Lake." The molly purred and touched her nose to Lake. "And finally, Volcano, you will mentor Ember." Ember's chest swelled with pride. He bounded forward and touched noses with Volcano, like he saw the two other warriors do. Volecano smiled, his piercing amber eyes glowing with excitement. "Ember! Lake! Vole!" The clan cheered half-heartedly. All the same, Ember was happy. "What first? Battle training? Hunting?" Volcano's eyes flashed. "The elders could use some help with ticks and fleas," he purred mischievously. Ember's tail drooped. Glancing at his siblings, he saw they were looking just as disappointed as he was. Volcano nudged his apprentice. "At least with three it will be faster," he pointed out. Ember grumbled and stalked to the elder's den with his siblings. Lake trotted beside him. "What did you get?" "Flea and tick duty," Ember sighed. "At least you don't have to fetch mouse bile," Lake groaned. Vole looked furious. "I have to get moss for bedding, and the jungle is a long way away. 'Hope I don't rip a claw!" She stalked off to the entrance, and exited the camp. Ember nodded at Lake to get mousebile, while he went to check on the elders. To his surprise, the elders weren't elders at all! One was a young cat, around his age, and the other was a small kit, just weaned from her mother. "Um," Ember began. "I came to get fleas and ticks off." The white tom tipped his head to one side, and turned away. The kit purred. "My name is Mint, what's yours?" "Ember, nice to meet you," he greeted and sat down. "I have a tick in the middle of my back, can you get it?" For the first time, Ember noticed Mint had no back legs. "Sure, I have to wait until my brother, Lake gets back with mouse bile," he replied slowly. As if on cue, Lake appeared at the entrance with Vole at his side. Lake's nose was wrinkled with disgust while, Vole still bore the angry look on her face. The trio spent the day clearing moss and picking ticks and fleas. When they were done, they bounded up to their mentors. "Can we go explore now? Please," Ember begged. Volcano shook his head. "It's too late, go sleep." Vole's jaws gaped in a nasty retort but Skunkstripe silenced her with a glare. Lake was already heading back to the apprentice den. It wasn't fair! Was this what clan life was like? "Tomorrow is the Gathering, you'll need plenty of rest," Leafslide purred. Vole and Ember stalked back to the apprentice den, tails low and fur raised. "I'm going to sleep," Vole growled and curled up in her nest. Lake snuggled up beside her, and Ember followed suit. The Gathering.. I wonder what that is.

Last edited by Role; July 28th, 2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Chapter Four,
The Gathering,

Vole's eyes fluttered open to pale moonlight shining down in the camp. No clouds danced in the sky, and stars shone above. Slinking out of the Apprentice's Den, Vole froze as she saw Reedtail enter the Warrior's Den. She heard murmuring and the movement of other cats. Tipping her head to one side, Vole crept forward to peek in the den. However, as soon as her gaze entered the den many warriors exited, idly chatting. Vole started to leave, but a calm, soothing voice sounded beside her. "Hello, Vole, will you wake the apprentices?" Reedtail gave her a small, gentle smile. Vole nodded tensely. Dashing off to the Apprentice's Den, she skidded to a halt when she saw Ember was awake. "Hey, Ember," she greeted. Ember grinned. "Hello!" Vole flicked her ear at the Apprentice's Den. "Can you help me wake them?" Ember shook his head. "I have to talk to Sanddune about something." A pick of resentment stabbed at her heart. "Okay," she replied curtly. Before she turned away, she saw Ember tilt his head. Vole peeked her head in. "Petal, Lake, Owl, Oak, wake up!" The four cats jumped up. Petal bristled. "What is it? What's wrong? Are we under attack?" Vole snickered. "Nothing, it's just the Gathering," she purred. "Were all going." Petal padded up to her and nudged her. "Congratulations!" Vole cocked her head to one side. Owl padded up to her sleepily. "Since you were a rogue, it's unusual for a leader to pick a new apprentice to go to the Gathering, the third night they were here, especially rogue apprentices," Owl explained. Vole nodded slowly. "Okay I think I understand," she replied. Suddenly everyone froze when Reedtail lifted his tail and cocked it forward. All the apprentices, but Vole trotted forward. Realizing that was the signal to leave, she bounded forward to stand beside Petal and Owl. "You'll love the Gathering! All four Clans meet, but don't fight anyone," Petal purred. "There's a truce." Vole's ears pricked. "Four Clans? I thought we were the only ones!" Owl let out a mrrow of laughter. "No, there are three more. EmberClan, MountainClan, and CreekClan. EmberClan is.. disturbing," Owl explained. Vole nodded. Reedtail raised his long, slender tail. The Clan stopped. A few heartbeats past before he cocked it forward once more. The group headed into the clearing. Three large groups of cats were chatting amongst themselves, and seven cats surrounded a pile of fallen trees. Three toms were at the top, while four more cats sat at the base of the pile. Reedtail bounded to the top of the pile. Looking over to Owl, she noticed he was already gone. "Petal, where did-?" Petal was gone too. Vole sighed and searched for Ember and Lake. Perhaps she could brag about how she knew about the Clans. She spotted a familiar ginger pelt and dashed towards him. "Ember!" Ember turned and barreled towards her. The pair fell and tussled for a moment before standing up. Vole let out a purr. "Hey, Ember, do you know all the other Clans' names?" Ember thought for a moment before replying. "MountainClan, CreekClan, and EmberClan, right?" Vole nodded with a sinking feeling. "Sanddune told me all about the Gathering!" Vole let out a quiet sigh. Sanddune this, Sanddune that, she growled inwardly. What's so great about him, anyway? "Those four cats at the bottom are the Clan deputies! The black molly is Nighteyes, and the grey molly with that white patch is Crystathroat. That silver molly is Moongaze. Sanddune says that Nighteyes and Moongaze are sisters! Can you believe that?" "No," Vole replied through gritted teeth. Ember didn't seem to hear her. "The gray tom on the top of the pile is named Pebblestar, and the brown tom is Runningstar. That splotchy tom is Lavaface. Sanddune says he's a lunatic." "That's not very nice," a monotone voice sounded behind them. Vole turned to see a grey molly, about their age, standing beside Lake. "This is Ashpaw! She's super nice!" Lake leaned towards his siblings. "Be kind to her, she lost her brother recently," he said softly. Vole and Ember nodded. Before Vole could say anything, a loud yowl made all cats fall into a silent hush. "I will begin first," Runningstar announced. "No," Lavaface growled. "Let me." Runningstar bristled, but stepped back. Lavaface stepped forward. "I have evidence that BeachClan is stealing our prey!" Gasps and murmurs of defiance came from all around Vole. "Recently, we have found mouse blood on our territory and-" "How dare you! BeachClan is more honorable than you kit killers!" Sanddune growled from below the Tree Pile. Lavaface snarled and faced Sanddune. "I'm not talking to you, you savage," Lavaface spat. Turning on Reedtail, he growled quietly. "What have you got to say for yourself?" Reedtail didn't flinch. "My warriors never trespassed onto your territory, Lavaface," he replied cooly. "Liars! You know the cold season is coming, it would be just like you to steal our prey before a time of need." Reedtail was about to reply, but Pebblestar rose to his feet. "MountainClan, let's go. We don't need to be in the presence of a battle." Runningstar dipped his head. "CreekClan," was all he said before jumping off the pile with Pebblestar. Lavaface sniffed defiantly and leaped from the Tree Pile. EmberClan left after MountainClan and CreekClan. Reedtail silently slunk down from the Tree Pile. "BeachClan," he said coldly. "Back to camp." The Clan exited the clearing without a word. Petal joined Vole's side. "That was a fun Gathering," Petal exclaimed. "It wasn't short!" Vole nodded. "It was.. interesting," she agreed. The pair returned to camp and headed to the Apprentice's Den. Owl followed behind silently. "Where did you go?" Vole asked. "You and Petal disappeared before I had a chance to ask what to do." Owl gave her a gentle smile. "I have to sit with the other medicine cats. It's always boring, but Petal came with me to keep me company. She's a good friend," Owl replied. Vole felt a pick of jelousy, but brushed it off. "Well, goodnight," Vole chirped. She curled up in her nest and drifted off into a vivid dream. Darkness rose around her. A flash of orange blinded her vision. Fire! Vole tried to run, but her paws were rooted to the ground. Literally. Roots surrounded her paws, keeping them tight on the ground. A paw emerged from the fire, however, it was still in tact. The toes flexed and closed. The roots around a forepaw retracted into the ground. Vole stretched her paw out. Looking up at the paw in the fire, it flexed once more. As if in a trance, Vole placed her paw on the fire paw. The dream began to distort and vanish as early morning sunlight shone down on her. Looking down at her forepaw, she felt a chill run through her. What did that dream mean?

Last edited by BEAR.; January 17th, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
Old August 1st, 2017, 03:45 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Author's Note,
Given permission by ladybugg03, her oc Willoweye will come into the story this chapter. Give her love!

Chapter Five,
A New Friend,

Lake had just finished clearing the ticks off the elders. Excitement pulsed through him because today was the day he could finally learn to hunt. Several sunrises had passed since the Gathering, and he had learned so much! Lake learned how to swim, how to fight, and now he was being taught how to hunt today! "Leafslide! Leafslide!" The young tom rushed up to his mentor. "I'm done clearing the ticks!" Leafslide touched her nose to his head. "Well done, Lake, now lets go," she purred and set off to the entrance. Lake bounded towards her and stayed by her side. "First we'll learn how to catch a crab," she began. "Although they're tasty, they are rare and don't come out often, so you'll have to dig." Lake bounced up and down. "Sounds fun!" Leafslide put her paw on his shoulders and sat him down. "They can feel the vibrations, so step lightly." Lake nodded and stood on his tip toes. Leafslide tip toes across the grass to the beach. Lake follow silently and stopped at a hole. "What's in there?" Leafslide paused and looked back. "Well spotted, that's a crab hole," she praised. The hole was large and freshly dug in the sand. The hole was dark and looking endless, but Leafslide pressed her paw a mouse length from the hole. "Dig around the hole here, and I'll tell you when to scoop the sand up," Leafslide instructed over the sound of crashing waves. Lake dug around the hole, sand flying up and clinging to his long fur. "Now!" Lake flung the sand left around the hole upwards and a white crab shot out. Leafslide pounced on the crab before it could escape. "Watch out for the pincers, and just find a soft area," Leafslide began while she held the slippery creature. Lake scanned the white crab and noticed a vunerable area in its shell. Swiftly bending down, he gave a nip to the soft part, and the crab writhed in pain. Lake bit down harder until it fell limp. "Good job, Lake. Now let's take it back to camp and we can go over some battle training," Leafslide praised. Lake raised his head high, crab in his jaws. The pair walked back to camp in content silence. The trees swayed and the sound of the beach was fading. All was peaceful until... CRACK! Lake whipped around and exchanged a glance with Leafslide. Setting down his crab, Lake and Leafslide crept towards the noise. Leafslide flicked her ear to one side, and Lake went the opposite direction. As soon as the first sign of grey fur appeared from the cover of the lush bushes, Lake pounced on top of the stranger. The stranger thrashed and struggled before settling down slowly. Leafslide appeared from the other side, snarling. "Who are you? Why are you on our territory?" The stranger trembled beneath his paws. A rush of pity washed over him. Lake studied the stranger. It was a grey molly, with possibly the greenest eyes he's ever seen. He stared at her for a moment longer, but shook his head and focused on the confrontation. The molly's jaws were open and moving, but no sound came out. Lake tipped his head to one side. Glancing up at Leafslide, he saw she too had the same confused expression. "I don't think she can talk," Lake murmured. Leafslide exchanged a thoughtful glance with Lake. "Let's take her to Reedtail, he'll know what to do," Leafslide sighed. Lake slowly stepped off of the molly. The molly slowly stood up, her legs visibly trembling out of fear. Lake nudged her. "Hey, Reedtail was kind to me and my siblings, I'm sure he'll take you in," he encouraged. The molly seemed to brighten at that. Quickly, he picked up his crab and padded beside the stranger and Leafslide. It wasn't long before the group entered the camp. Lake sat his kill down as all eyes landed on them making his fur feel hot with embarrassment. Reedtail climbed to the top of the Dune. "Who have you brought, Leafslide. "We don't know. We found her on our territory. We asked her questions, but she can't speak! What do you want to do with her?" Reedtail sat down, and stared thoughtfully at the molly. "We should let her stay," he murmured. Lake caught Sanddune's gaze darken. "Do you know her name?" Lake shook his head. "I shall name her then," Reedtail announced. "Her name will be Willow, after the shade the tree gives." Lake risked a glance at Willow. She seemed to be more relaxed than she had before. "Congratulations, Willow! I told you Reedtail would be kind," Lake purred. Willow gave him a look of gratitude. "If you don't know, my name is Lake. I was a rogue like you!" Willow nodded. "I wonder who will mentor you," Lake continued to ramble. "I hope they don't scare you!" Lake bounded away. "I'll be back," he called. The tom poked his head into the Apprentice's Den, only to see Vole and Ember in a heated argument. "I don't get what's so great about Sanddune! He's mean and rude!" Vole's back was arched. "But he saved us didn't he? And he's taught me all these great things!" Ember's eyes burned with anger. "You're not his apprentice," Vole hissed. "Go eat crow food for all I care, just please don't-" "Guys?" Lake entered the den, concerned. "Hey, Lake," Ember purred. "What's up?" Lake's fur flattened. "Come meet Willow! She's a new member to the Clan," Lake announced. Lake turned, but caught Vole glare at Ember before joining her brother. Oh, boy, Lake sighed inwardly. The apprentices spent time with Willow before all the apprentices went to bed. Before Lake entered the den, Willow brushed past him, and smiled. She nodded and entered the Apprentice's Den. Lake knew she meant to say 'thank you', and wished he had the chance to say 'you're welcome'. Feeling a new sense of joy, the tom entered the den and curled up beside his siblings. He noted that Ember and Vole were curled up beside each other as they had before. Maybe it was just a petty argument. Or maybe, it was something more.

Last edited by Role; August 6th, 2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old August 6th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Chapter Six,
Leadership,

"Reedtail! I challenge you for leadership!"
The day started like any other. Vole and her siblings cleared the ticks from the elders, and replaced the bedding. She battle trained with Skunkstripe, and hunted for the Clan, but when Vole returned, it was worse than she imagined. Reedtail was staring defiantly at his deputy, fur bristled in alarm and hostility, while Sanddune stared at Reedtail with a snarl. That was when the words reached her ears. Alarm pulsed through Vole as she raced into the camp, mouse in her jaws. Dropping her prey she looked around desperately for Ember or Lake. There! Vole bounded towards a familiar ginger pelt. "What's happening?" Ember looked at Vole with shining eyes. "It's a tradition to challenge leaders for leadership! Sanddune just challenged Reedtail," Ember chirped. It felt like ice clutched her heart like thousands of sharp claws. Ember shot her a warning glance. "Don't say how horrible Sanddune is. If you got to know him, maybe you'd think different," Ember growled. Vole was taken aback. Ember never spoke to her like that. Vole scoffed. "I wasn't going to say that. Don't be too quick to assume," she retorted. Turning her attention back to the two toms, she noticed they were circling each other. "Claws sheathed," Reedtail demanded. "No! Only strong cats use their claws, it's what they're for!" "I should have picked a different deputy. You're no better than Lavaface!" With a screech of fury, Sanddune leaped at Reedtail, claws extended. Reedtail fell back and shoved the larger tom off with strong, nimble, legs. Sanddune landed on his feet, and as quick as lighting, he struck out once more. This time, his claws landed on Reedtail's cheek. Snarling, Sanddune pounced onto the leader. Working his hind claws on Reedtail's back, Sanddune bit his shoulder, and gave a sharp tug. Reedtail screeched in agony. "I yield!" Releasing his foe, Sanddune backed off. "You win," Reedtail sighed. The defeated look in his eyes broke Vole's heart. "Behold! I say these words under the sky, on this fine morning given to us by the spirits of StarClan. Sanddune shall be the new leader of BeachClan for many moons to come, until he retires or a new leader rises to power. Congratulations, Sanddune," Reedtail announced stiffly. Sanddune pushed past Reedtail and climbed onto the Dune. "As the new leader of BeachClan, I will make some changes. We will no longer believe in StarClan. StarClan is not real," Sanddune commanded. "We will show no mercy on our enemies, and we will not show fear or weakness!" Some cats, including Skunkstripe and Ember, gave yield of approval. Not Skunkstripe and Ember, Vole thought miserably. Even if her mentor was rude to her sometimes, she still cared for him. And Ember, her own brother. How could he support such cruel rules? Reedtail exited the clearing, head hung low and eyes dull. Vole pitied the tom. How small he looked, defeated and battered. "Any cat who wishes to oppose me may leave the Clan, or be severely punished," Sanddune announced. "And finally, medicine cats will participate in battle." Vole's head snapped up in surprise. Glancing back at Owl and Chameleon, they too looked shocked. Owl looked like he shrank beneath his pelt, and Chameleon looked furious and fluffed up. "I have three ceremonies to begin. Petal, come here!" Petal looked surprised, but she climbed the Dune. "It is time you will be made a warrior. Your full name will come in due time, but you will remain Petal for now. Petal is a warrior!" Vole cheered her friend's name happily. Despite the harsh changes, Petal was a warrior! Good for her! "Willow, come here." Vole turned her attention to Willow. The grey molly reluctantly stepped up to the Dune. "You're new to Clan life, but you must have a mentor. Your mentor will be Diamond." Diamond stepped forward, eyes shining, and touched noses with her new apprentice. Vole, once again, cheered her friend's name. "Now, to appoint my deputy. My deputy shall be Sharktooth. She has proved her worth for moons, and will serve this clan for more moons to come," Sanddune declared. Sharktooth looked surprised, but overall glad. "Organize patrols, especially around the beach. The tide has been unusually high." Vole felt a pick of unease, but ignored it. Nothing bad could happen. Right? Shaking her pelt out, Vole exited the clearing and padded into the Apprentice's Den. She felt weary, even though it was sunhigh. Perhaps it was the stress of the battle and the new rules. Or the hot humidity in the air. Whatever it was, Vole fell to sleep, very quickly.

Last edited by BEAR.; January 17th, 2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Chapter Seven,
A Day's Waste,

The next morning, Vole felt horrible. Her fur felt sweaty and matted against her skin, and she felt like birds fluttered in her chest every time she took a breath. Ember stirred beside her. He too looked as horrible as her, if not, worse. Lake, however, looked healthy and wide awake. "Vole? Ember? Are you guys okay?" Vole groaned. "I feel like I have three feathers stuck in my throat," she coughed. "Me too," Ember whined. Lake nudged Oak and Owl awake. "Something's wrong with Ember and Vole," Lake cried. Oak took one look at them and rushed out of the den. Owl stood up, and stared at Lake. "They're sick, you have to get out of the den," Owl told him. Lake blinked. "Will they die?" "Not unless I treat them! Go out of the den," Owl commanded. "Go fetch Chameleon." Lake nodded and rushed off. Vole groaned again and turned away from the sunlight. Ember nuzzled up to Vole. "I'm so cold," he whispered. Vole rolled away from him. "But I'm not," she snapped. "I feel like my fur's on fire!" Owl touched his nose to Vole's, and jerked away. "You have a horrible fever!" "Really? I hadn't noticed," Vole growled. A rustling sound came from behind her as the sound of pawsteps entered the den. "I came as soon as I could," Chameleon breathed. In his jaws he held several herbs, most smelling bitter, tart, or tangy. Vole sighed and stood up. "I'm not eating those," she mumbled as she stumbled to a cool, dark corner in the den. "Vole, do you have a death wish?" Vole looked up. "Pardon?" "If I don't treat you, you will surely die." Owl's expression was concerned. Vole rolled over to her other side. "Do I have to?" Owl looked slightly exasperated. "Did you just hear me? You'll die!" Vole sighed and weakly walked back over to her nest. "Fine. Give me those nasty herbs," she snapped. Owl chuckled a bit as Chameleon gave her a mouthful of herbs. "All these?" Her voice rose to a whine. Owl and Chameleon nodded. Raising her head high, Vole vowed she wouldn't show weakness. "Fine! Just fine!" Haughtily, she ate the herbs, unintentionally cringing at the different, bitter tastes. Shaking her head wildly as she ate, Vole heaved a sigh. This was going to be a long day. After she finished, Chameleon moved on to Ember. She heard him whine and complain, and then silence. Darkness surrounded her vision. Then, she opened her eyes again at a sharp prod. It was sunhigh. Had she slept for that long? Lake was standing beside her. "How are you? Ember is asleep right now," he asked. Vole blinked wearily. "Tired," was all she said. "I brought you water!" She hadn't noticed before, but in Lake's jaws was a wad of soaked moss. Vole nudged him affectionately. "You didn't get the sea water did you?" Lake chuckled. "No, it's fresh," he purred. Vole eagerly lapped up the water from the moss. It felt amazing on her dry tongue, and the cold water chilled her to the bone. "Thank you," she chirped. "You better get some for Ember too before he wakes up and throws a fit!" Lake chuckled. "Okay okay," he purred as he turned to leave. "Wait, tell me about your day, Vole called. Lake turned back towards her. "Diamond and Leafslide are very good friends,, did you know? Me, Willow, and our mentors went hunting together," Lake almost sounded wistful, but he shook his head. "I better go fetch that water," he said hastily. Vole giggled and turned over. She prodded Ember. "What?" His voice was harsh and cold. Vole flinched. "Lake is bringing you water, I just thought I would wake you up," she replied bitterly. "I was already awake," he snapped. "You don't have to be such a brat you know?" "You don't have to be so stupid!" That was the final straw. Vole leaped to her feet, hackles raised and claws out. "What is with you lately? You're being so rude to me!" Ember slowly rose to his paws. His expression was cold and filled with another emotion Vole couldn't read. "I don't want to be friends," Ember murmured. Shock pulsed through her like a wild fire. "What do you mean?" Without another word, Ember turned away and laid back down. Vole felt multiple feelings. Shock, sadness, and most of all, rage. "Fine! Who needs you anyway? You're nothing but a.. a... fleabag foxheart who hangs out with a bunch of fleabag foxhearts!" Her voice cracked with emotion. Vole exited the den, despite her weariness, and stormed to the fresh-kill pile. Owl rushed to her side. "What are you doing out of your nest?" "Getting fresh air," Vole lied. Glancing back at the den, she saw Lake enter it with a mouthful of moss. "It's too gross in there, and I feel better anyway!" Owl touched his nose to hers, and pulled away. "You still have a fever, so you can't go back to your apprentice duties," he reminded her. Vole nodded. "I'm bored. Can I do anything?" Owl smiled. "Of course, you can help in the Medicine Cat Den," he purred with a gleam in his eye. Vole nodded. "Okay," she replied, feeling a bit giddy. The pair entered the Medicine Den. "Here, sort these," Owl told her. Vole did as she was told, putting similar shapes leaves together, and occasionally putting some in the wrong pile. Owl nudged her when she started to doze. "I think you should go to the Apprentice's Den," he chuckled with a sympathetic tone. Vole nodded with a yawn as she stumbled away to the den. She spent the rest of the day sleeping and restlessly rolling around in the Apprentice's Den. Ember rose to his feet. Feeling a familiar pick of anger, Vole almost let out a hiss. Ember must've noticed it, because he gave her a glare in return. Will this ever end? Miserably, she turned over and got only a wink of sleep that night.

Last edited by BEAR.; January 17th, 2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Chapter Eight,
Cloud,

Many sunrises had passed, and a small litter of kits were born. Cloud, the pure white kitten, and Storm, the grey kitten. The tide had risen to the grass while storm clouds rolled in. No one paid any mind, but Lake was growing uneasy. Lake stood at the edge of the water, which now lapped at his paws. The tide is high, and the clouds are filled with rain. Whatever Sanddune and the others may think, this is a real danger. Lake padded back to camp, fur bristling with unease and worry. As soon as he crossed past the camp barrier, he came nose to nose with Willow. Fur burning with embarrassment, Lake moved backwards. "Sorry! I wasn't paying attention," he apologized. Willow nodded. Lake noticed she too was uneasy. In fact, everyone else was on edge as well. Sanddune was stoic, however, and stood on the Dune. Frostfire paced back and forth, and Doll was asking him many questions. "Will our kits be safe? Do you think they'll get caught in the storm?" Frostfang looked her in the eyes, sadness clouding his own. "I don't know, Doll. I don't know," he replied solemnly. Lake stared up at Sanddune, and his gaze met that icy, stone cold amber eyes. Lake shot him a questioning gaze, but all he got was a shake of the head. Surprise filtered through him quicker than storm clouds that rolled in. Was he willing to risk the life of his Clan? Shaking his head in sheer disappointment, Lake rushed to find Vole and Ember. Vole was picking around in the fresh-kill pile, troubled and hard faced as normal. "Vole! Where's Ember? I want to stick together with you guys," Lake breathed. Vole flicked her ear to the Dune. Lake hadn't noticed before, but Ember was sitting beside Sanddune, chatting as if nothing was wrong. Lake exchanged a glance with Vole, and padded away to find Willow. As he reached Willow, he noticed she looked even more on edge than before. "What-?" His question was cut short when he saw sea water not too far away. How? I just left from the beach not too long ago! Lake nudged Willow. "We need to tell the Clan," he murmured to her. Willow simply nodded, still in shock. The two raced to the Dune and climbed up to the top. Lake hadn't noticed how hard it was to climb it before, and every time the apprentice took a step, his paws slid down slightly. Finally, the pair reached the top. "Sanddune," Lake breathed. "The water is almost at the camp!" "I know," he replied nonchalantly. "We need to evacuate!" "No, only the strongest will survive this flood." Lake blinked. "How could you say that? We have a lot of kits in the Nursery, and one without legs! If we let them die, are we no more than fools?" "Silence!" Sanddune stood up tall. "You will obey me! I know what I am doing," he growled. Lake backed away with a quiet snarl. He felt Willow's tail tip touch his shoulder, before she slid down the Dune. Lake sighed and leaped down the Dune. Stupid ocean, stupid Sanddune, he muttered to himself. Thunder resonated above him. Looking behind him, he noticed the water was in the camp now. Lake yowled an alarm, but thunder cut him off. "Water! Water is in the camp!" That was Petal. Every cat expressed their shock and fear in different ways. Some yowled, some screeched, some merely stood in shock, unsure what to do. But only two remained calm. "Silence you fools! The Dune is big enough to hold the entire Clan, everyone get on it now," Sanddune demanded. Cats filed on it one by one, hackles raised and eyes fearful. Rain started to pour down hard and fast on the cats, raising the tension. It was almost Lake's turn to get on the Dune. He watched Vole climb up, then Owl, then Oak, then Willow, and finally himself. Looking down from the Dune, he was shocked to see the water now at the other's paws. Cats continued to file up the Dune, murmuring and gasping in surprise at the water level. The final two to climb up the Dune were Doll and Frostfang. The water level was at their necks, and they were swimming desperately to keep their kits out of the water. Once they started to climb up the Dune, they relaxed. "Finally," Frostfang murmured through a soaked bundle of fur. Doll grunted in agreement, but it was cut short as she slipped. Lake's heart leaped to his throat. A white bundle escaped from Doll's jaws, and plummeted below. "No!" Her cry was heartbroken and so full of sadness, that Lake thought he couldn't handle it. In a burst of reckless spontaneity, the tom raced off the Dune and into the rushing, rising water. Salt burned his nose and eyes as he was thrown this way and that by the current. Remember, Leafslide's voice echoed in his head. Stay calm, and pretend you're running on land. The water does not control how you act in a situation like this. Turning himself upright, Lake swam furiously to the white kit, whose breath was coming out in large bubbles. Water chilled the apprentice to the bones, and his long, heavy fur drug him down. Still, he swam. The white kit was too young to swim, and Lake knew he had to reach the kit before it drowned. In a burst of energy, Lake powered his way through the current, and grabbed the kit by the scruff. Darkness edged the tom's vision, but he fought it off while he swam to the surface. His head broke the surface tension, water spraying all around him. Tilting his head backwards, Lake struggled to keep the kit out of the water. Cheers echoed around him. Lake valiantly swam towards the Dune, using his last bout of energy. When paws met sand, he kicked up and crawled up the Dune. When he reached the top, the kit wasn't moving. Or breathing. No! Lake struggled to remember what Leafslide taught him about drowning cats. Suddenly it all came back to him. He pounded at the kit's back three times before massaging it's chest. "Lake! What-" Thunder broke Doll's voice off. Lake pounded yet again at the kit's back before massaging it's chest. Breathe, he willed silently. Suddenly, the kit vomited water onto the sand. Cheers erupted around him. "You're a hero, Lake!" "Wow!" "Thank you, Lake, you're my hero!" Lake was too out of breath to relish the praise. Vole and Ember flanked the tom as he fell to his rump. "You're amazing, Lake," Vole praised. "Yeah! You'll go down in history!" Lake let out a tired purr in reply. His vision caught Willow inching towards him. Lake unintentionally smiled. Willow ran towards him and gave him a quick nose touch to the cheek, and backed away. Warmth spread through him, making his chilled bones feel numb compared to the warmth of his feelings for the molly. Willow nodded and left his sight. Dazed and embarrassed, Lake lie down on his belly. Vole nudged Lake. "Looks like you got an admirer," she teased. "Yeah," Ember agreed. "Shut up," Lake grumbled, though his voice was light hearted. Slowly, the storm calmed, and eventually stopped. Sanddune stood up, his fur plastered to his sides. "I believe we have a hero amongst us," he announced. Everyone fell silent. "I think it's time for him to become a warrior. He has also earned his full name," Sanddune looked down at Lake, a faint smile on his muzzle. Lake sat up straight, his eyes wide and sparkling. "Lake, from this moment on, you will be a warrior, and your new name will be Lakecloud. Cloud after the kit you have saved." Lakecloud let out a trill of happiness as his friends and siblings congratulated him. "Lakecloud! Lakecloud!" The Clan cheered his new name with new pride and happiness. Lakecloud knew he would be remembered for this, and maybe even his siblings for something just as great! Wouldn't it be nice for all three siblings to go down in Clan history? Lake felt warmed by the thought. We will all be heroes.

Last edited by Role; August 26th, 2017 at 08:28 PM.