Pinepaw's Finder!
by glitch
Last post by glitch
Today 08:31 AM

Old May 1st, 2019, 03:36 AM
Back on WCO after 2 years

My Mood: Chatty

Default Wings in the clouds Griffin RP reboot

Hello and welcome to the official reboot of Wings in the clouds Griffin RP. Two years ago I ran a successful RP of the same name and made so many great friends and memories, now I'm very proud and excited to say that this reboot is officially off the ground!

Wings in the clouds will continue to accept new members however far we are in the RP. However, this thread is only for the RP, for sign ups go to this thread.

What is Wings in the clouds?:
Wings in the clouds is a Griffin tribe RP. It is set 3 centuries after a virus wiped out humanity in the 21st century and since then griffins has come out of hiding and formed intelligent groups. Much like in the Warriors clans, griffins have Sky searcher (warrior) caves and healer caves, the leader cave and a nursery. The tribe we focus on is led by Sastiel and her husband Krane. Krane once led a rebellion that killed Sastiel's parents (yes their relationship is complicated see the original thread for details) but now they have three kids of their own! What's important to know is that this RP is set a few years after the original ended, and now it's Sastiel and Krane's kids that are the main focus.
The griffins live in a valley surrounded by mountains, and in one of those mountains is a frozen waterfall, however in an especially hot summer, the waterfall completely melts and a flood comes rushing down the mountainside, filling up the valley the griffins one called home. Now they must search for a new home as they battle bears, other tribes and much more!

Who's who:
Sastiel @stormblaze): Sastiel is leader of the tribe and wife of Krane, mother of Elise, Thunder and Astraeus, also the sister of Sky and Orion, though the latter is now exiled. (possible reunion on journey?).

Sky @stormblaze): Sister of Sastiel and Orion, aunt to her sisters three children and head sky searcher.

Krane (@coriander): Former traitor and rebel, now reformed and married to Sastiel and father of their children.

Elise @stormblaze): Daughter of Krane and Sastiel, eldest of the three children.

Thunder (@Dovekit12): Son of Krane and Sastiel.

Astraeus (@Coriander): Son and Krane and Sastiel.

Yuso (@Coriander): Krane's brother and uncle of his children.

Azure (@Mossflower): Tribe member (?).

Aksala (@Nightwarrior4life): Former rogue, now tribe healer.

For any questions please contact me @stormblaze.

Have fun!

Last edited by stormblaze; May 1st, 2019 at 04:01 AM.
Old May 1st, 2019, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Wings in the clouds Griffin RP reboot

Weekly update:

The ice water falls have melted in the rising heat leaving the valley completely flooded! The griffins must evacuate or face starvation in the barren land that was once their home.
Sastiel (me) has led her tribe into a barren land where only condors and leopards survive, now too tired to continue their flight, the tribe must stay in the mountains and fight for their right to survive.

Last edited by stormblaze; May 1st, 2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old May 1st, 2019, 03:57 AM

(@Dovekit12, @Coriander)

Elise crept out of the cave at dawn, followed by her siblings Thunder and Astraeus. The three were excited to see what everyone in the tribe had been whispering about, the ice water falls. Slowly over the hot summer months the ancient frozen water fall had begun to melt, and event never before known to happen. Now the water was trickling away and the ice was creaking ominously.
Elise spread her wings and took of from the ledge overlooking the tribes camp. In the middle of the well trod sand was an almost completely dried up pond, once teaming with fish and pond weed, now it was a small puddle. It had been a hard and dry summer, and many had gone thirsty and hungry.
The young female griffin flapped her tawny wings as fast as she could and jumped, gliding out of the opening in the steep rocks that protected the camp. Her brothers wing beats could be heard from behind her as the three siblings climbed higher in sky, using the skills their talented mother had taught them.
"Come on, we are nearly there!" the excited Elise shouted back to her tires siblings. They landed with little grace on a rock a few paces away from the crumbling waterfall. Big cracks in the ice were apparent and the whole thing made echoing moans as it struggled to stay together.
Elise wondered what would happen if the ice that held back all the melted water were to just slip away. She didn't know how much had melted be she felt it must be a lot if it could make the great lumps of ice that remained creek and moan.
Slowly, as if drawn to the tall ice, Elise crept forward, her chocolate brown eyes staring up in wonder. She looked up to the very top of the ice and saw a crack slowly getting bigger, at first she registered no danger, but as it creeked down the wall, she began to panic.
"Fly! We have to leave it's breaking!" She screamed at her scared brothers. Thunder was the first to take off and Astraeus followed, but Elise took one last look at waterfall, just in time to see it all fall away and a great gush of water engulf the mountainside.
"Elise!" Her brother called, and she jumped off the rock and back into her element once more, fear racing through her heart as she saw the valley below slowly get destroyed.

Sastiel awoke shortly after her daughter. She knew Elise loved to go out exploring without her worried mothers knowledge, and usually didn't mind. But today something felt wrong. She woke up Krane and then flew up to the very top of the grey mossy walls of stone that enclosed the camp from the rest of the world. Once atop these great structures she she saw a sight that brought horror and fear racing through her whole body. Screeching with more force than she had ever summoned before, Sastiel woke the entire tribe who took to the skies as she flapped in the direction of the water. Mother picked up there young children and carried them on there backs, healers collected what herbs they could in make shift satchels and the whole tribe fly away in terror. But Sastiel and Sky remained, and as they searched in vain for the leaders three children, they looked up to see the water coming down fast on the camp. Then above that, three small shapes, easily mistaken for birds except by there mother who called her terrified sister and fly far from the chaos.

The other griffins kept flying, and eventually Sastiel and Sky caught up, now weighed down by the weight of Astraeus and Thunder who were balanced on the sisters backs. Elise remained flying, stronger than her two younger brothers. But everyone knew that they could not fly forever, and the valley stretched on for a long time.
Old May 1st, 2019, 08:59 AM
Moss, Mk, Micaiah...

My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormblaze View Post
(@Dovekit12, @Coriander)

Elise crept out of the cave at dawn, followed by her siblings Thunder and Astraeus. The three were excited to see what everyone in the tribe had been whispering about, the ice water falls. Slowly over the hot summer months the ancient frozen water fall had begun to melt, and event never before known to happen. Now the water was trickling away and the ice was creaking ominously.
Elise spread her wings and took of from the ledge overlooking the tribes camp. In the middle of the well trod sand was an almost completely dried up pond, once teaming with fish and pond weed, now it was a small puddle. It had been a hard and dry summer, and many had gone thirsty and hungry.
The young female griffin flapped her tawny wings as fast as she could and jumped, gliding out of the opening in the steep rocks that protected the camp. Her brothers wing beats could be heard from behind her as the three siblings climbed higher in sky, using the skills their talented mother had taught them.
"Come on, we are nearly there!" the excited Elise shouted back to her tires siblings. They landed with little grace on a rock a few paces away from the crumbling waterfall. Big cracks in the ice were apparent and the whole thing made echoing moans as it struggled to stay together.
Elise wondered what would happen if the ice that held back all the melted water were to just slip away. She didn't know how much had melted be she felt it must be a lot if it could make the great lumps of ice that remained creek and moan.
Slowly, as if drawn to the tall ice, Elise crept forward, her chocolate brown eyes staring up in wonder. She looked up to the very top of the ice and saw a crack slowly getting bigger, at first she registered no danger, but as it creeked down the wall, she began to panic.
"Fly! We have to leave it's breaking!" She screamed at her scared brothers. Thunder was the first to take off and Astraeus followed, but Elise took one last look at waterfall, just in time to see it all fall away and a great gush of water engulf the mountainside.
"Elise!" Her brother called, and she jumped off the rock and back into her element once more, fear racing through her heart as she saw the valley below slowly get destroyed.

Sastiel awoke shortly after her daughter. She knew Elise loved to go out exploring without her worried mothers knowledge, and usually didn't mind. But today something felt wrong. She woke up Krane and then flew up to the very top of the grey mossy walls of stone that enclosed the camp from the rest of the world. Once atop these great structures she she saw a sight that brought horror and fear racing through her whole body. Screeching with more force than she had ever summoned before, Sastiel woke the entire tribe who took to the skies as she flapped in the direction of the water. Mother picked up there young children and carried them on there backs, healers collected what herbs they could in make shift satchels and the whole tribe fly away in terror. But Sastiel and Sky remained, and as they searched in vain for the leaders three children, they looked up to see the water coming down fast on the camp. Then above that, three small shapes, easily mistaken for birds except by there mother who called her terrified sister and fly far from the chaos.

The other griffins kept flying, and eventually Sastiel and Sky caught up, now weighed down by the weight of Astraeus and Thunder who were balanced on the sisters backs. Elise remained flying, stronger than her two younger brothers. But everyone knew that they could not fly forever, and the valley stretched on for a long time.
Azure flapped her wings, watching the young griffins fly as she herself glided through the air, keeping her forepaws tucked against her chest, her talons stretched out behind her with a long, waving tail spanned out behind her. She squinted her hazel eyes against the sun's rays and curved her wings as she twisted in the air, above the others and alone closer to the clouds. Looking down, she could see her tribe floating gracefully through the air and cooed to herself, closing her eyes and reaching with her forepaws to grab at the cool air.

When she spotted the leader's young join the group she swooped down beside them, eyeing them with raised eyebrows. Twisting so her stomach faced them and shooting in and out of the clouds, she finally spoke, head tilted and she narrowed her eyes at the young ones, "You wanna explain why you're late to join us?" she queried. Usually, she'd keep to herself, but she'd always had a fondness for the youngest of the group, particularly Thunder. After all, she had few friends and somehow cubs (or fledglings? What do we call the young ones?) were the friendliest, the easiest to be with. She smiled.
Like maybe not your dream job, but a really solid second choice with a smaller salary
And I know one day you'll meet a girl
I bet she'll be dumb, and average looking
so when I compare myself to her I won't feel so sad about what we might've had
That would make me happy!
~~~Happy by Beth Crowley~~~

Last edited by Calliecat; May 1st, 2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old May 1st, 2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossFlower View Post
Azure flapped her wings, watching the young griffins fly as she herself glided through the air, keeping her forepaws tucked against her chest, her talons stretched out behind her with a long, waving tail spanned out behind her. She squinted her hazel eyes against the sun's rays and curved her wings as she twisted in the air, above the others and alone closer to the clouds. Looking down, she could see her tribe floating gracefully through the air and cooed to herself, closing her eyes and reaching with her forepaws to grab at the cool air.

When she spotted the leader's young join the group she swooped down beside them, eyeing them with raised eyebrows. Twisting so her stomach faced them and shooting in and out of the clouds, she finally spoke, head tilted and she narrowed her eyes at the young ones, "You wanna explain why you're late to join us?" she queried. Usually, she'd keep to herself, but she'd always had a fondness for the youngest of the group, particularly Thunder. After all, she had few friends and somehow cubs (or fledglings? What do we call the young ones?) were the friendliest, the easiest to be with. She smiled.
Elise fell back from her mother and aunt as Azure arrived. She didn't want to lectured on her recklessness when she was about to drop out of the sky from exhaustion.
Thunder and Astraeus were asleep, however, and the full focus was on Elise.
"We went to look at the ice water falls and we saw them crumble. Mother doesn't usually mind us going out so I decided we would go a little further this time." The young griffin squeaked out.

Sastiel flew into Sky who had to scramble to keep Astraeus on her back.
"Sorry!" Sastiel apologised as she struggled to fly straight. It had been some hours of flying and there was still no landing space to be found. Just harsh mountains far beyond the griffins lush green home.
"It's okay sister, we are all tired. If we don't find shelter soon the day will fade into night and we will freeze wings first up here." Sky's less than optimistic reply made Sastiel remember she was the tribes leader, and she needed to give them something to hang onto.
Looking over her shoulder she saw a griffin she vaguely recognised flying with Elise, the young one had stamina to have lasted this long.
She transferred her sleeping son to a brawny male tribe member and flew to the front of the group. Sastiel turned around and flapped her wings in the air as she faced her ragged tribe.
"The sun it setting and we have been flying all day, not to mention the great shock we have all been through. We need to keep going. These mountains must have ledges and caves in them, and this higher air is turning cold quickly. We need to go down into the mountain range and see what we can find. Sky searchers, half of you will go ahead and make sure there is nothing that would pose a threat to the young, the other half will help any mothers who are carrying young. Anybody who feels tired and faint, please go to the Sky searchers and ask for help. I will fly down to the mountains with the scouts and find some food if possible, stay close everyone." Sastiel turned as soon as she was finished speaking and sped down into the barren land below with seven of her Warriors.
The tribe followed more slowly and were so close their wings touched.
Sastiel searched for food after a small ledge was found with a enclosed space in the wall big enough for the young. She found nothing but the remains of a kill a condor may have made. Probably a mountain goat. She shredded small pieces for her little ones and made sure they shared with most tired of the mothers.
Everyone crowded together as night fell, eager to slip into their dreams and forget their harsh reality.
Old May 1st, 2019, 11:38 AM
Moss, Mk, Micaiah...

Quote:

Elise fell back from her mother and aunt as Azure arrived. She didn't want to lectured on her recklessness when she was about to drop out of the sky from exhaustion.
Thunder and Astraeus were asleep, however, and the full focus was on Elise.
"We went to look at the ice water falls and we saw them crumble. Mother doesn't usually mind us going out so I decided we would go a little further this time." The young griffin squeaked out.

Sastiel flew into Sky who had to scramble to keep Astraeus on her back.
"Sorry!" Sastiel apologised as she struggled to fly straight. It had been some hours of flying and there was still no landing space to be found. Just harsh mountains far beyond the griffins lush green home.
"It's okay sister, we are all tired. If we don't find shelter soon the day will fade into night and we will freeze wings first up here." Sky's less than optimistic reply made Sastiel remember she was the tribes leader, and she needed to give them something to hang onto.
Looking over her shoulder she saw a griffin she vaguely recognised flying with Elise, the young one had stamina to have lasted this long.
She transferred her sleeping son to a brawny male tribe member and flew to the front of the group. Sastiel turned around and flapped her wings in the air as she faced her ragged tribe.
"The sun it setting and we have been flying all day, not to mention the great shock we have all been through. We need to keep going. These mountains must have ledges and caves in them, and this higher air is turning cold quickly. We need to go down into the mountain range and see what we can find. Sky searchers, half of you will go ahead and make sure there is nothing that would pose a threat to the young, the other half will help any mothers who are carrying young. Anybody who feels tired and faint, please go to the Sky searchers and ask for help. I will fly down to the mountains with the scouts and find some food if possible, stay close everyone." Sastiel turned as soon as she was finished speaking and sped down into the barren land below with seven of her Warriors.
The tribe followed more slowly and were so close their wings touched.
Sastiel searched for food after a small ledge was found with a enclosed space in the wall big enough for the young. She found nothing but the remains of a kill a condor may have made. Probably a mountain goat. She shredded small pieces for her little ones and made sure they shared with most tired of the mothers.
Everyone crowded together as night fell, eager to slip into their dreams and forget their harsh reality.
Azure settled down with the rest of the tribe, then, seeing Sky a few paces away, trotted up to her, wings folded at her flanks as she nudged the tired-looking griffin with her beak, "If you like," she offered, "I can carry Astraeus for you tomorrow when we continue traveling," the suggestion wasn't likely to be accepted, Azure assumed, because Sky was so independent, but at least she could offer. It would give her an excuse if she had to slow down and allow her to feel like she was being helpful instead of just gliding along.
Like maybe not your dream job, but a really solid second choice with a smaller salary

Last edited by Calliecat; May 1st, 2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 1st, 2019, 01:55 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
(@Dovekit12, @Coriander)

Astraeus flapped weakly after his sister, struggling to keep up. “This is a bad idea,” he called, but it was no use. Elise wasn’t listening, even though she SHOULD listen to Astray, because he was the smartest one of the three siblings (at least, in his mind), so the fact that she ignored his advice to go back puzzled him beyond repair.

He touched down tentatively at Elise’s command, eyeing the creaking waterfall nervously. It could break at any second. This is dangerous. We shouldn’t be here... we CAN’T be here. He turned to his sister to echo his thoughts, but a sudden, ominous cracking noise made him snap his head around to stare at the growing fissure in the ice. He felt frozen in place, until Elise commanded him to fly, and so he leaped into the air, eyes still locked on the growing crack.

Krane flapped after Sastiel, heart pounding wildly. Sastiel hardly ever woke up to go looking for their children, so if she was doing so now, something had to be wrong. He felt his heart leap into his throat at the sign of Astraeus hovering over the waterfall, and bolted forward at the sound of his wife’s screech. “Kids!” he shouted, and Astraeus whipped his head around. Krane shook his head with a sigh as Sky set him on her back. At the moment he was too frightened to be angry, but he knew that once they touched down he’d have a few things to say to his children.

He flapped his way toward Sastiel, but paused as he passed Sky, and held out his arms. “Mind if I take him?” he asked, glancing over at Sastiel as she began to speak to the tribe.

((Sorry for late reply, had school :0))

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training

Last edited by dino.; May 1st, 2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossFlower View Post
Azure settled down with the rest of the tribe, then, seeing Sky a few paces away, trotted up to her, wings folded at her flanks as she nudged the tired-looking griffin with her beak, "If you like," she offered, "I can carry Astraeus for you tomorrow when we continue traveling," the suggestion wasn't likely to be accepted, Azure assumed, because Sky was so independent, but at least she could offer. It would give her an excuse if she had to slow down and allow her to feel like she was being helpful instead of just gliding along.
"thank you! That would be such a relief." Sky usually would never have accepted, but only after she had set the young one she had been carrying down did she realise what a weight it was.
Sky wrapped her wings around herself as I chill swept past her ruffling her white feathers. Sky knew the griffins couldn't last long in these perilous mountains, the carrion Sastiel had found showed signs of many predators taking their share before the scraps had found their way to the tribe, and the weak group would be no match for them.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriander View Post
Astraeus flapped weakly after his sister, struggling to keep up. “This is a bad idea,” he called, but it was no use. Elise wasn’t listening, even though she SHOULD listen to Astray, because he was the smartest one of the three siblings (at least, in his mind), so the fact that she ignored his advice to go back puzzled him beyond repair.

He touched down tentatively at Elise’s command, eyeing the creaking waterfall nervously. It could break at any second. This is dangerous. We shouldn’t be here... we CAN’T be here. He turned to his sister to echo his thoughts, but a sudden, ominous cracking noise made him snap his head around to stare at the growing fissure in the ice. He felt frozen in place, until Elise commanded him to fly, and so he leaped into the air, eyes still locked on the growing crack.

Krane flapped after Sastiel, heart pounding wildly. Sastiel hardly ever woke up to go looking for their children, so if she was doing so now, something had to be wrong. He felt his heart leap into his throat at the sign of Astraeus hovering over the waterfall, and bolted forward at the sound of his wife’s screech. “Kids!” he shouted, and Astraeus whipped his head around. Krane shook his head with a sigh as Sky set him on her back. At the moment he was too frightened to be angry, but he knew that once they touched down he’d have a few things to say to his children.

He flapped his way toward Sastiel, but paused as he passed Sky, and held out his arms. “Mind if I take him?” he asked, glancing over at Sastiel as she began to speak to the tribe.

((Sorry for late reply, had school :0))
Sastiel awoke at dawn once more and watched the thin rays of light rise above the harsh mountain tops. Her children were still sleeping and the long journey ahead of them was the only thing keeping her from waking them with some harsh words. Then again, she could say very little to them since she had encouraged them to explore, despite her partners for warnings. She played with her talons and looked down at the ground, contemplating what she would do once everyone was up.
She knew for sure she could not carry her sons again, and Elise would have to be carried by Krane for, though a fighter, she was still so small.
Sky stretched out her fluffy legs and let out a long yawn. She got up shakily and came over to Sastiel to get out of the wind.
"We have to leave early and hunt. There are many of us who have net eaten since the day before last." Sastiel nodded in agreement.
"We should rouse the Sky searchers and then the rest of the tribe in a little while. I will go out now." The tawny griffin took off without warning, despite her tired bones her mind was sharp and ready, plus she needed something to take out her anger on, being the leader to lose her tribes ancient home stung like no other wound.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 02:13 PM
Moss, Mk, Micaiah...

Quote:

Sastiel awoke at dawn once more and watched the thin rays of light rise above the harsh mountain tops. Her children were still sleeping and the long journey ahead of them was the only thing keeping her from waking them with some harsh words. Then again, she could say very little to them since she had encouraged them to explore, despite her partners for warnings. She played with her talons and looked down at the ground, contemplating what she would do once everyone was up.
She knew for sure she could not carry her sons again, and Elise would have to be carried by Krane for, though a fighter, she was still so small.
Sky stretched out her fluffy legs and let out a long yawn. She got up shakily and came over to Sastiel to get out of the wind.
"We have to leave early and hunt. There are many of us who have net eaten since the day before last." Sastiel nodded in agreement.
"We should rouse the Sky searchers and then the rest of the tribe in a little while. I will go out now." The tawny griffin took off without warning, despite her tired bones her mind was sharp and ready, plus she needed something to take out her anger on, being the leader to lose her tribes ancient home stung like no other wound.
Azure woke up, blinking open her hazel eyes, "Well, the sun's up now..." she muttered, eyeing Sestiel stretch and yawn, then rose herself and wandered around, trying to find Astreus. She had offered to carry the youngster, but it was no easy task finding him. "Sky," she padded over to the griffen, "Where's Astreus? I offered to carry him, remember?"