by BEAR.
Last post by taillow
Yesterday 11:58 PM

Old December 9th, 2023, 10:06 AM
#Salva

Bump Policy: whenever
My Mood: Dark
Default Re: Sunset Grove

Fourshadow lowered himself into a crouch aiming to hit the dazed apprentice side. "you better be ready for a real battle Grubpaw! this is only practice" he said. Grubpaw reluctantly copied what his mentor did. Fourshadow leaped at him with stunning speed. Grubpaw jumped merely missing the tom's strike. He landed onto his feet and turned to swipe Fourshadow on the muzzle. The tabby flinch a bit but rectilated quickly knocking the brown apprentice to the ground. "hay!" Grubpaw yelped "no fair! you're more trained than me". Grubpaw scrambled to his feet only to be swatted in the face with Fourshadow's tail. "Nobody ever said battle was easy" Fourshadow pointed out. He sat down curling his tail around his paws. "that's enough for today" he sighed "better get back to camp". The two toms walked back to camp.

★☆"There is no show without an Audience!"☆★
Gentlecrab is Beachclan's Medicine cat, pearl has a semi-open den policy
Please use tone tags when speaking to me
Character website
Commisions
Old December 11th, 2023, 06:57 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

NIGHTHAIL
she/her. 35 moons. long haired black and grey molly with lighter splotches; blue eyes; scarred
( purrks; the collector )

[CLOSED]

it's best for her to stay out of camp, nighthail has decided. she gets antsy, being in the camp too often. her paws start itching, chest starts feeling tight, and she bites back sharp words. her temper is short, she knows this. she doesn't like it. she wants to be soft. once a stray, always a stray, she supposes. she travels through the territory, the leafbare cold chilling both her nerves and her paws. she ends up at sunset grove, tail flicking side to side, slowly to a slow sway as she pads towards an aspen tree that occupies the open patch of woodlands.

pale eyes scan the area; filled with lots of herbs, more than other areas despite the cold weather. she can faintly hear and scent prey somewhere around. she thinks it's safe to assume that windclan is in need of both herbs and prey, but decides she should focus on prey right now. the pile was dangerously low, this morning she believes she saw maybe three voles and only one little lizard. she's not going to let her clan starve, or get close to, that's for sure. it'd definitely be easier with her dear sister, midnightpool, here but nighthail reassures herself that she'll survive.

parting her jaws, the long haired feline starts to track the scent of a mouse. she wastes no time catching the mouse and killing it with a swift bite. digging at the icy-snowy ground, she covers the prey. she scents a rodent - not quite sure what specifically - but she tracks it nonetheless. it leads her to a fat squirrel. dropping into a crouch, she tracks the squirrel and pounces on it, killing it with a swift bite to the neck. paws freezing, nighthail decides she'll catch one more piece of prey, go back to the camp and warm up for a bit, then come back.

she parts her jaws, catching the familiar smell of a rabbit. probably coming out of a tunnel in search of something to eat. poor thing. the black molly finds the rabbit, it's a quick game of cat and mouse before she finally catches it. she collects the rest of the prey she caught, and heads back to camp.

[ + 1 mouse + 1 squirrel + 1 rabbit ]

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days

Last edited by furrensic; December 12th, 2023 at 08:52 PM.
Old December 16th, 2023, 06:27 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Scalescar followed the herb scent the best he could, it led him to sunset grove, w ile the place was pretty he still had to hurry before his tail got bit by Lightningstorm. His eyes intently searching for goldenrod before finding one, it looked badso he continued not wanting to giveLightningstorm a bad one, because that would still get his tail bit. After searching for a bit he finally found 2 goldenrod that lookedbetter then the last one he found.

He gently grabbed them and kept searching, his eyes still looking intently before he found 3 more that looked good, he grabbed them gently like he did with the first 2. The scarred tom lashed his tail side to side as he looked for more, it was harder then he had thought, with the cold killing herbs and snow burying the hrrbs, he could barely find any that stuck out. After searching for awhile he finally found a couple more goldenrod, once grabbing it he decided to go back to Lightningstorm and give the herbs, Perhaps he could make amends with the young medicine cat, but who knows how itnwill turn out, his paws carried him home as he thought about what he shohld say.

( 7 goldenrod collected) ( closed)

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old December 17th, 2023, 07:58 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

Bravebird
She/her | 41 moons | Beefed Up T3 ᐧ One with the Warren
Deciding to take the lead of the patrol when Deerfang didn't seem to lead them out, Bravebird and the patrol with (hopefully) all of its members arrived soon at Sunset Grove. It was a beautiful place, except for the trees and whatnot. The warrior didn't like how much it blocked the open sky, but at least it provided prey and hopefully the herbs they sough.

"So, tansy. Should be easy enough." There weren't many flowers or plants that were still alive, but a few were sprouted up here and there. Brave parted her jaws to draw in the sweet scent that Cowtuft had described, ignoring the prey that also came in with it. Everything seemed calm for now, and she had the expectation that this patrol would go over smoothly.

[ @RavenzzGlow @FrostyGalaxy ]

Last edited by taillow; December 17th, 2023 at 07:59 PM.
Old December 17th, 2023, 10:23 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulah View Post
Bravebird
Deciding to take the lead of the patrol when Deerfang didn't seem to lead them out, Bravebird and the patrol with (hopefully) all of its members arrived soon at Sunset Grove. It was a beautiful place, except for the trees and whatnot. The warrior didn't like how much it blocked the open sky, but at least it provided prey and hopefully the herbs they sough.

"So, tansy. Should be easy enough." There weren't many flowers or plants that were still alive, but a few were sprouted up here and there. Brave parted her jaws to draw in the sweet scent that Cowtuft had described, ignoring the prey that also came in with it. Everything seemed calm for now, and she had the expectation that this patrol would go over smoothly.

(iirc brave was supposed to lead)

Deerfang sniffed for the sweet scent of the herb. Ze thought ze saw some, so ze went and grabbed it(+1). "Wow, leafbare sure seems to be making its mark." Deerfang commented.
@FrostyGalaxy

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old December 20th, 2023, 09:30 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulah View Post
Bravebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenzzGlow View Post
(iirc brave was supposed to lead)

Deerfang sniffed for the sweet scent of the herb. Ze thought ze saw some, so ze went and grabbed it(+1). "Wow, leafbare sure seems to be making its mark." Deerfang commented.
@FrostyGalaxy

*-Lichenpaw-*
94/100
she/her || 11moons || no purrks
small and scruffy calico with one blinding eye

"It's that plant with the kinda like... uh, kinda like marigold if it was trying to reach up for StarClan, right?" Lichenpaw asked, glancing at the plant that Deerfang plucked out of the ground. It looked kinda like it was dying but Lichenpaw figured it would be good enough. She meant what she said though, the flower part of the plant looks like it's reaching to the sky so that was the description she went with. Kinda silly, sure, but hey, if it would help her remember! Anyway, she picks one of the plants that look like the one Deerfang got before turning to Bravebird. "Is it ok to get most of them? They're going to be dying soon anyway and it's not like new or green leaf where we wanna leave enough for them to grow back, right?"

[ +1 tansy ]
[ totally did not forget about this patrol nope not at all ]
Old December 20th, 2023, 09:04 PM
as long as i breathe

Bravebird
Flicking an ear in response to Deerfang, the WindClan warrior trotted over to a patch of rather poorly looking flowers near the roots of one of the trees. Bravebird ducked her head down to pluck one from the ground and placed it near her paws, knowing it would be better than nothing. "I... think so, yes," she replied to Lichenpaw after some thought. "...Go ahead and leave at least one. I'm not sure how all of the growing back stuff works, and I don't want to risk an angry Cowtuft or Lightningstorm if we overpick their herbs." She couldn't imagine the big black and white splotched tom ever raising his voice, but his younger trainee looked like she had a mad paw to cuff with.

Trotting over to another nearby tree to sniff around the plants there, Brave froze as her eyes spotted a rather unfortunate find. She lifted her tail upright to signal Deerfang and Lichenpaw to stop. She hoped that was enough to stop them as she started to back away slowly. Porcupine - and a hefty one at that. It seemed to spot her because she noticed how its quills started to raise slowly. The last thing she wanted was to deal with a swollen anything because of a territorial pin cushion.

[ +1 tansy ]
Old December 20th, 2023, 11:50 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Deerfang stepped back nervously. "I believe we should head back..." ze remarked after seeing the porcupine.
@FrostyGalaxy @tallulah

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old December 22nd, 2023, 06:05 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

*-Lichenpaw-*
96/100
she/her || 11moons || no purrks
small and scruffy calico with one blinding eye

Spotting what Bravebird saw, a big, snuffling thing with spines on its back, Lichenpaw paused. Was that a porcupine? Lichenpaw had never seen one before, but she'd heard they were prickly little things. So, cautiously, she backed up and flicked an ear to Bravebird and Deerfang, signaling she agreed that maybe they should go home. This didn't seem like a fun fight to get into, even if their odds of winning weren't terrible.

[ @tallulah // @RavenzzGlow ]
Old December 23rd, 2023, 12:36 PM
as long as i breathe

Bravebird
Good, it seemed like the patrol was ready to go home. Bravebird was readying herself to turn and run when she spotted a patch of flowers that practically glittered. Right near the porcupine was a patch of what appeared to be tansy - and it looked much more healthy than the stalks she had collected. Weighing the pros an cons in her mind, the WindClan warrior figured she could be fast enough to grab at least one or two before the creature retaliated - and she could always snarl to scare it away.

Moving like a snake Brave lunged forward with fangs bared and a loud growl, teeth parted to grab the flowers whole and yank them back. Unlucky for her though the pin cushion didn't seem to scare easily, because it not only raised its spiky quills further, but decided to ram right into her. Pain exploded around her face and made her eyes water. With at least two of the tansy successfully pulled from the ground (albeit a bit torn up), Brave reared back and turned, revealing that several quills now stuck out around her face. "GO! GO!"

Picking up her two flowers Bravebird started to sprint away from the grove, hoping that Deerfang and Lichenpaw were on her tail. There was a burning sensation in her face and while it wasn't the most painful thing she had endured, it definitely hurt to the high stars above. She wanted them out.

Last edited by taillow; December 23rd, 2023 at 12:36 PM.