Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Twolegplace

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Spider-in-the-corner
Today 03:05 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Morrigan
Today 03:01 PM
Learning your Boarders
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:00 PM

Old May 5th, 2018, 07:07 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Default The Cats of Magnolia Avenue

(So, I recently read “The Cats of Roxville Station” by Jean Craighead George, and I thought that kind of topic was cool!)

Puff
Puff is a calico tortoiseshell shecat. He fur base coat is a deep brown, with an oaky and rowan tinge That is only noticed when looked upon closely. Her face is tapered to a sligh wedge, her face soft and dainty. Her head is split in half, a result of her chimera genes. One half is a light ginger tabby cat, while the other side is a dark mess of ginger and brown and black splotches. Her ears are large and have nicks in them, but her whiskers are still intact and long, graceful, hues of white. Her eyes are amber in her left, with rays of sunset gold and flecks of lime green near the iris. Her pupils are a dark yellow, ochre. Her right eye is blue, a deep blue of oceans. The color fades to an ice blue near the rims, with spots of green. Her nose is coal black, and her teeth are long and a bit yellowed. Her body is a scramble of colors, but her front right paw is pure orange tabby, a sandy color, and her left back paw is pure black, blacker than night. Her tail is also mottled, but has three rings of sandy orange near the tip.
Her attitude is mainly kind, but more of tolerant. She has a set territory, and she doesn’t like cats of any type, close to her or not, near her nest. They touch her belongings, they’re dead. While wary, she is normally welcoming and kind to visitors, who are passing through. Don’t expect to be allowed to stay. She isn’t very trusting, or trustworthy, because if you put your life in her paws, she would most likely drop it. In a pool of acid. Being eaten by a bear. Who was being eaten by a lion. Who then fell into a ravine. Who then- what am I saying? You get the picture. Her face is kind, and her body is small, but she has managed to pack in a lot of power into those tiny claws, and she rules her own little kingdom, called Magnolia Ave.

Magnolia Avenue
Magnolia avenue is known for its bright and blossoming cherry trees in the spring. The red branches and delicate flowers are pink and cheery. Among those trees, there are sky high oaks and evergreens, perfect for hiding and climbing. Houses line the paved road, all neat and orderly.
The people:
Magnolia Ave, 815, yellow house. This is where the ‘cat lady’ lives. She sets out opened cans of food every morning, for the strays who come and go every once and awhile. The kind, weathered widow has a large front porch with a lazy swing (Puff’s suntime napping spot) and a large garden out back. The garden has many plants, the best plant being a large rosebuds here out back, perfect for dozing off in.
Magnolia Ave, 816, old brown house. This house is abandoned, and most cats stay away from there as it is extremely cold and ‘haunted’.
Magnolia Ave, 817, gray house. It has a small young couple, a girl and a boy, who are always seen with their two year old boy, Jon. (Jonny) They are very kind to the strays, but the female twoleg is highly allergic, so whenever she is around the felines are sure to watch out for a shout or kick from a scared human.
Magnolia Ave, 818, this is the loud house. Cats stay away, as this old weathered couple has five kids, Angelica (17), Smith (15), Robby (12), Georgia (9), and Crystal (3). The loud teens are constantly chasing the cats, and Georgia and Crystal keep pulling their tails. Stay away. Not much else is known on that house, as felines rarely go near. The family is known as the Dover’s.
Magnolia Ave, 819, park. This is the park, with brightly colored swing sets and slides. This place is constantly filled with laughter and basketball games, and DUMPSTERS. This is where the cats get their main supply of food, rooting through the salvageable scraps of meat, and the occasional hamburger.
Magnolia Ave, 820, Empty lot. This is a small place, ringed by old pines and a small koi pond where some fish still swim. The house was leveled last year, planes to build a new house canceled after the demolition. Small things still remain, but this is where the cats dwell.

Roleplay Stuff and Rules
•Basically, Puff is top dog. (Queenella, if you read the Cats of Roxville Station.) She is first in command, but according to this Roleplay the ranks are not set.
•You can move up the ranks by simply stealing a higher ranking cat’s dinner, therefore besting them. So, there is no leader.
•Follow all WCO rules.
•This isn’t a clan, so there aren’t any ‘healers’ or ‘deputies’. There is the top cat, the lowest cat, and the cats in between.
•Do not constantly move ranks! If you want to challenge another cat for their position, please arrange it with the higher ranking cat’s roleplayer first to make sure you aren’t doing anything against them.
•No cat is expected to take care of others. All cats here are strays, and no one is expected to take any measures to make sure another feline is well cared for.
•Put Cats of Roxville in Code section if you read all of this. No cat is attacking, EVER. If you want to challenge another cat, set up a hunting challenge or whatever. Do NOT HARM ANOTHER PLAYER’S CAT. While you’re not expected to look out for one another, the strays are still a group!
•No ranks are set yet! Kind of make a cat, and the ranks will slowly mold around which cat is top and which is bottom!
Does this all make sense? It will if you at least read a summary of the book...

HOW TO CHANGE RANKS:
•Battle against them (higher ranking cat) in hunting
•Steal their food
•Battle off by “fighting stances” (Act tough and first to back down loses)
•Chase them out of their nest (Most cats have a designated nest, so the dens will become apparent through Roleplay.)
•Deprive them of one of the necessities (Food, water, shelter, potential mates, etc.)
A CHALLENGER CAN BE DEFLECTED BY:
•Winning the challenge/battle
•Fight over the stolen food
•Win the battle stance
•Return to the stolen nest and take it back in a three sunset timeframe
•Manage to survive without the necessities

BEFORE YOU POST!
•Fill out this form!
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:
Have you read the book?:

And then you can post.
I don’t ‘accept’ anyone, this is free to join and I just want you to fill that out so we know what your cat is like!

((I’ll start))

Name: Puff
Appearance: Listed Above
Personality: Listed Above
Other: N/A
Have you read the book?: Yes

Puff woke up, her tail spiked up with morning dew from the rose bush. She had slept here last night, after a terrifying scare of the Dover children. Little Georgia and Robby had cornered her, but not before Puff had managed to deliver a few nasty blows to their pale wrists. She had hissed at them, spit, and growled, but she wound up hightailing away in fear. She ran to the widow’s house, scampering in the backyard, and cowering down in the bush until daylight. Nothing scared Puff, expect rowdy twoleg kits. She arose, leaping gracefully down from the branches before stretching and yawning loudly, the milky sun just creeping over the fence nearby. Already the neighborhood was murmuring with sounds, and Puff purred gladly.
@Broken Madness @Fuzzyfeline @Blueberry @Boba Fett
(You guys may not be interested but I thought you guys would most likely be.)

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Last edited by pomegranate; May 13th, 2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old May 5th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: The Cats of Magnolia Avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post
(So, I recently read “The Cats of Roxville Station” by Jean Craighead George, and I thought that kind of topic was cool!)

Puff
Puff is a calico tortoiseshell shecat. He fur base coat is a deep brown, with an oaky and rowan tinge That is only noticed when looked upon closely. Her face is tapered to a sligh wedge, her face soft and dainty. Her head is split in half, a result of her chimera genes. One half is a light ginger tabby cat, while the other side is a dark mess of ginger and brown and black splotches. Her ears are large and have nicks in them, but her whiskers are still intact and long, graceful, hues of white. Her eyes are amber in her left, with rays of sunset gold and flecks of lime green near the iris. Her pupils are a dark yellow, ochre. Her right eye is blue, a deep blue of oceans. The color fades to an ice blue near the rims, with spots of green. Her nose is coal black, and her teeth are long and a bit yellowed. Her body is a scramble of colors, but her front right paw is pure orange tabby, a sandy color, and her left back paw is pure black, blacker than night. Her tail is also mottled, but has three rings of sandy orange near the tip.
Her attitude is mainly kind, but more of tolerant. She has a set territory, and she doesn’t like cats of any type, close to her or not, near her nest. They touch her belongings, they’re dead. While wary, she is normally welcoming and kind to visitors, who are passing through. Don’t expect to be allowed to stay. She isn’t very trusting, or trustworthy, because if you put your life in her paws, she would most likely drop it. In a pool of acid. Being eaten by a bear. Who was being eaten by a lion. Who then fell into a ravine. Who then- what am I saying? You get the picture. Her face is kind, and her body is small, but she has managed to pack in a lot of power into those tiny claws, and she rules her own little kingdom, called Magnolia Ave.

Magnolia Avenue
Magnolia avenue is known for its bright and blossoming cherry trees in the spring. The red branches and delicate flowers are pink and cheery. Among those trees, there are sky high oaks and evergreens, perfect for hiding and climbing. Houses line the paved road, all neat and orderly.
The people:
Magnolia Ave, 815, yellow house. This is where the ‘cat lady’ lives. She sets out opened cans of food every morning, for the strays who come and go every once and awhile. The kind, weathered widow has a large front porch with a lazy swing (Puff’s suntime napping spot) and a large garden out back. The garden has many plants, the best plant being a large rosebuds here out back, perfect for dozing off in.
Magnolia Ave, 816, old brown house. This house is abandoned, and most cats stay away from there as it is extremely cold and ‘haunted’.
Magnolia Ave, 817, gray house. It has a small young couple, a girl and a boy, who are always seen with their two year old boy, Jon. (Jonny) They are very kind to the strays, but the female twoleg is highly allergic, so whenever she is around the felines are sure to watch out for a shout or kick from a scared human.
Magnolia Ave, 818, this is the loud house. Cats stay away, as this old weathered couple has five kids, Angelica (17), Smith (15), Robby (12), Georgia (9), and Crystal (3). The loud teens are constantly chasing the cats, and Georgia and Crystal keep pulling their tails. Stay away. Not much else is known on that house, as felines rarely go near. The family is known as the Dover’s.
Magnolia Ave, 819, park. This is the park, with brightly colored swing sets and slides. This place is constantly filled with laughter and basketball games, and DUMPSTERS. This is where the cats get their main supply of food, rooting through the salvageable scraps of meat, and the occasional hamburger.
Magnolia Ave, 820, Empty lot. This is a small place, ringed by old pines and a small koi pond where some fish still swim. The house was leveled last year, planes to build a new house canceled after the demolition. Small things still remain, but this is where the cats dwell.

Roleplay Stuff and Rules
•Basically, Puff is top dog. (Queenella, if you read the Cats of Roxville Station.) She is first in command, but according to this Roleplay the ranks are not set.
•You can move up the ranks by simply stealing a higher ranking cat’s dinner, therefore besting them. So, there is no leader.
•Follow all WCO rules.
•This isn’t a clan, so there aren’t any ‘healers’ or ‘deputies’. There is the top cat, the lowest cat, and the cats in between.
•Do not constantly move ranks! If you want to challenge another cat for their position, please arrange it with the higher ranking cat’s roleplayer first to make sure you aren’t doing anything against them.
•No cat is expected to take care of others. All cats here are strays, and no one is expected to take any measures to make sure another feline is well cared for.
•Put Cats of Roxville in Code section if you read all of this. No cat is attacking, EVER. If you want to challenge another cat, set up a hunting challenge or whatever. Do NOT HARM ANOTHER PLAYER’S CAT. While you’re not expected to look out for one another, the strays are still a group!
•No ranks are set yet! Kind of make a cat, and the ranks will slowly mold around which cat is top and which is bottom!
Does this all make sense? It will if you at least read a summary of the book...

BEFORE YOU POST!
•Fill out this form!
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:
Have you read the book?:

And then you can post.
I don’t ‘accept’ anyone, this is free to join and I just want you to fill that out so we know what your cat is like!

((I’ll start))

Name: Puff
Appearance: Listed Above
Personality: Listed Above
Other: N/A
Have you read the book?: Yes

Puff woke up, her tail spiked up with morning dew from the rose bush. She had slept here last night, after a terrifying scare of the Dover children. Little Georgia and Robby had cornered her, but not before Puff had managed to deliver a few nasty blows to their pale wrists. She had hissed at them, spit, and growled, but she wound up hightailing away in fear. She ran to the widow’s house, scampering in the backyard, and cowering down in the bush until daylight. Nothing scared Puff, expect rowdy twoleg kits. She arose, leaping gracefully down from the branches before stretching and yawning loudly, the milky sun just creeping over the fence nearby. Already the neighborhood was murmuring with sounds, and Puff purred gladly.
Name:
Calypso
Appearance:
http://makomisrael.org/blog/immigran...much-cat-cost/
(dont ask about the title, not mine, credit to the blogger)
Personality:
Kind | Quiet | Defensive | Loyal | Gentle | Cautious | Determined | Hardworking | Cat of little words
Other:
N/A
Have you read the book?:
Nope

Calypso watched the dawn and the raising sun, looking around for her spot beside the Twoleg's yellow house. She heard the Twoleg rummaging for the brown pellets and milk it would set out of it's house on the porch. She smelled it as the twoleg opened the door, set out the multiple bowls of pellets and milk, and left, locking the door.
After making sure the coast was clear, Calypso jumped up onto the porch and began to eat her fill as of many cats weren't even awake yet,

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old May 5th, 2018, 07:34 PM
boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

Name:
Calypso
Appearance:
http://makomisrael.org/blog/immigran...much-cat-cost/
(dont ask about the title, not mine, credit to the blogger)
Personality:
Kind | Quiet | Defensive | Loyal | Gentle | Cautious | Determined | Hardworking | Cat of little words
Other:
N/A
Have you read the book?:
Nope

Calypso watched the dawn and the raising sun, looking around for her spot beside the Twoleg's yellow house. She heard the Twoleg rummaging for the brown pellets and milk it would set out of it's house on the porch. She smelled it as the twoleg opened the door, set out the multiple bowls of pellets and milk, and left, locking the door.
After making sure the coast was clear, Calypso jumped up onto the porch and began to eat her fill as of many cats weren't even awake yet,
Puff heard the rattle of cans and crisp food hitting the dishes and she abruptly straightened her back. Her ears were perked forward, her whiskers twitching as the tantalizing smell of warm milk and the kind old lady met her twitching nose. She strode through wet blades of grass to the front porch, leaping up from the mulch onto the white boards of wood. She gazed around the place. The railings were still there, and the swing was rocking lazily with the old lady sitting down passively watching Puff. She instantly say Calypso, the molly who was always around. Puff had seen her promise, but she knew that Calypso wasn’t supposed to eat before her. Instead, Puff shrugged off the ‘incident’ and waltzed forward, her hips swaying along with her tail as she dug into her food.

For future reference, the way you can challenge a higher ranking Cat is this:
•Battle against them in hunting
•Steal their food
•Battle off by “fighting stances” (Act tough and first to back down loses)
•Chase them out of their nest (Most cats have a designated nest, so the dens will become apparent through Roleplay.)
•Deprive them of one of the necessities (Food, water, shelter, potential mates, etc.)

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Last edited by pomegranate; May 5th, 2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old May 5th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:

Puff heard the rattle of cans and crisp food hitting the dishes and she abruptly straightened her back. Her ears were perked forward, her whiskers twitching as the tantalizing smell of warm milk and the kind old lady met her twitching nose. She strode through wet blades of grass to the front porch, leaping up from the mulch onto the white boards of wood. She gazed around the place. The railings were still there, and the swing was rocking lazily with the old lady sitting down passively watching Puff. She instantly say Calypso, the molly who was always around. Puff had seen her promise, but she knew that Calypso wasn’t supposed to eat before her. Instead, Puff shrugged off the ‘incident’ and waltzed forward, her hips swaying along with her tail as she dug into her food.
Calypso immediately heard Puff's paw steps and perked up, straightening as she neared. She saw the calico, with a fur much like her own, and murmured an apology, letting her eat and finish her food until she began to finish her own food.

No star is lost at all

Old May 5th, 2018, 09:36 PM
boo

Quote:

Calypso immediately heard Puff's paw steps and perked up, straightening as she neared. She saw the calico, with a fur much like her own, and murmured an apology, letting her eat and finish her food until she began to finish her own food.
Puff acknowledged the molly with a warm glance. Those who made mistakes but corrected themselves were always welcome here. Mistakes were just fine, as long as somecat learned from them. Puff’s ears flicked as kibble ran down her throat, and she lapped up a small bit of warm milk before sitting back up to lick her front ginger paw. She nodded briskly, saying in cat language: “Go ahead, no one else is here.” Puff was just fine with meowing, but she preferred to use the old terminology where felines used their senses and actions to communicate. It saved breath wasted on propaganda and worthless talk. Her gaze swept over the porch, and she hopped up to the swing near the cat lady, rubbing her head gently against her leg for a pet. She was no housecat, but she always loved a small petting session.

~pom~

Old May 6th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:

Puff acknowledged the molly with a warm glance. Those who made mistakes but corrected themselves were always welcome here. Mistakes were just fine, as long as somecat learned from them. Puff’s ears flicked as kibble ran down her throat, and she lapped up a small bit of warm milk before sitting back up to lick her front ginger paw. She nodded briskly, saying in cat language: “Go ahead, no one else is here.” Puff was just fine with meowing, but she preferred to use the old terminology where felines used their senses and actions to communicate. It saved breath wasted on propaganda and worthless talk. Her gaze swept over the porch, and she hopped up to the swing near the cat lady, rubbing her head gently against her leg for a pet. She was no housecat, but she always loved a small petting session.
Calypso felt relief trickle through her body like a sudden rush of Adrenalin. She was newer and only just figuring out the ropes, but she beginning to know who was top cat here, who wasn't, where to stay away from, and where to go to. She finished what else she could, not knowing when she would get her next meal. She yawned, the shook our her fur. She'd stayed up all night, getting food and finding other utilities to live while other cats slept. She was used to scavenging around for what she needed - she'd been doing it since she was six moons old. She had been taught by her father when her mother went back to being a housecat, then she and her father went different ways when she was about 18 moons old. She looked at the bench beside the old lady and Puff'f swing, and looked at puff with a look saying, "Permission to sit there?"

No star is lost at all

Old May 6th, 2018, 10:56 AM
boo

Quote:

Calypso felt relief trickle through her body like a sudden rush of Adrenalin. She was newer and only just figuring out the ropes, but she beginning to know who was top cat here, who wasn't, where to stay away from, and where to go to. She finished what else she could, not knowing when she would get her next meal. She yawned, the shook our her fur. She'd stayed up all night, getting food and finding other utilities to live while other cats slept. She was used to scavenging around for what she needed - she'd been doing it since she was six moons old. She had been taught by her father when her mother went back to being a housecat, then she and her father went different ways when she was about 18 moons old. She looked at the bench beside the old lady and Puff'f swing, and looked at puff with a look saying, "Permission to sit there?"
Puff saw Calypso look at her, and she debated. Calypso was quickly rising through the ranks, and was showing promise as an ally, or competition as an enemy. Puff cocked her head slightly, then nodded. It showed that she was still dominant, but Calypso was allowed to dwell near her. Mercy was a sign of power. She moved over slightly so that Calypso could hop up. If Puff could show how the new molly was powerful while a newcomer, then Calypso would have no reason to challenge Puff’s orders, as Puff had given her whatever she needed.
Puff purred happily, enjoying the sun as it began to bleed over the horizon, rising upwards.
The old lady smiled at Puff, stroking her back three times, then drawing her hand away to sit and enjoy the morning.

~pom~

Old May 6th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:

Puff saw Calypso look at her, and she debated. Calypso was quickly rising through the ranks, and was showing promise as an ally, or competition as an enemy. Puff cocked her head slightly, then nodded. It showed that she was still dominant, but Calypso was allowed to dwell near her. Mercy was a sign of power. She moved over slightly so that Calypso could hop up. If Puff could show how the new molly was powerful while a newcomer, then Calypso would have no reason to challenge Puff’s orders, as Puff had given her whatever she needed.
Puff purred happily, enjoying the sun as it began to bleed over the horizon, rising upwards.
The old lady smiled at Puff, stroking her back three times, then drawing her hand away to sit and enjoy the morning.
Calypso breathed a sigh of relief and hopped up beside Puff with a respectful dip of her multi-colored head. She let Puff have as much room as she could, shrinking to her lowest ability as to show she was lower than Puff in rank. She let the sun warm her pelt as it went higher in the
sky, feeling drowsy as it did so. She settled her head on her paws, and fell into a half-conscious sleep, semi-aware of what was going on around her, but also catching up on much needed sleep.

No star is lost at all

Old May 6th, 2018, 12:00 PM
boo

Quote:

Calypso breathed a sigh of relief and hopped up beside Puff with a respectful dip of her multi-colored head. She let Puff have as much room as she could, shrinking to her lowest ability as to show she was lower than Puff in rank. She let the sun warm her pelt as it went higher in the
sky, feeling drowsy as it did so. She settled her head on her paws, and fell into a half-conscious sleep, semi-aware of what was going on around her, but also catching up on much needed sleep.
The old lady bent over to slowly stroke the new cat’s back.
“You’re a sweetie,” she murmured, Unknown just what had been said to the cats.

Puff cracked open one eye to see the cat lady stroking Calypso. She was slightly offended, but was too happy and caught up in the warm sunlight warming her fur to be angry. It was truly a beautiful morning, bringing cheer and satisfaction to anyone, however grumpy.

~pom~

Old May 6th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:

The old lady bent over to slowly stroke the new cat’s back.
“You’re a sweetie,” she murmured, Unknown just what had been said to the cats.

Puff cracked open one eye to see the cat lady stroking Calypso. She was slightly offended, but was too happy and caught up in the warm sunlight warming her fur to be angry. It was truly a beautiful morning, bringing cheer and satisfaction to anyone, however grumpy.
A soft purr trickled out of Calypso's throat as the old lady stroked
her back. She sleepily opened her eyes to the beautiful morning, which was almost noon, her purr louder than before as she took in the peaceful scene.
But she knew she would soon have to be on her way.
Not now, but maybe... later. She told herself, closing her eyes again
as she continued to purr.

No star is lost at all