Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
cloudheart 'n berrypaw...
Last post by JackHunt_17
Today 02:07 PM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by MelonMile
Today 02:01 PM
April Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 01:55 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by hades.
Today 01:52 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Seamrog
Today 01:38 PM

Old March 14th, 2022, 06:54 PM

My Mood: Stressed

Default "do unto others" (open, new!)

Inga!

Frogs were very funny creatures, inside and out. The way they hopped, their low croaks, their googly eyes—all of it delighted Inga to no end. The loner kitten had grown up chasing the variety creatures that lived around the area she and her family haunted; she learned all their names before she learned the titles of the other strays that her mother introduced her to; she found herself distracted, constantly, by birds and bugs and amphibians, creepy-crawlies, tiny furry critters, always wanting to know more. Inga couldn’t help it—living things fascinated her. How, exactly, did everything tick? How did a frog’s legs work? What made its little heart beat?

At the moment, the tiny tortie was trying to figure all sorts of mysteries out. She just hoped that nobody caught her while she was… experimenting.

Inga scrunched her nose up thoughtfully, drawing a sharp claw carefully down the inner thigh of the lifeless bullfrog splayed in the moss before her. The youngling hadn’t killed the amphibian herself; she’d found it already dead on the edge of a pond, nearly whole except for the one gnarly wound that had spelled its end. The only damage that she had done consisted of the neat, nearly surgical cuts her talons had opened along the frog’s belly… each of its legs… across its chest, opening up that slimy cavity to reveal a dark, many-lobed liver, its smooth pink guts, its itty-bitty heart. Incredible. Inga leaned closer to the anatomical display, heedless of the blood on her paws or how odd she must look. Hadn’t her mother always scolded her not to play with her food?

Well. Mama wasn’t around to admonish Inga for her weird behavior anymore, was she?

“Where are all your bones, Mr. Frog?” the tortie asked her subject, tone friendly and light. One of her claws poked into the junction of a floppy frog leg and its chunky body; it didn’t appear to have hips, which was—astounding, honestly. “Why are you so… shaped?”

Another poke. The frog’s carcass twitched. Inga’s mismatched eyes of orange and yellow widened like saucers—and then she immediately tried to reproduce the motion, prodding at her prize with increasing excitement.

Last edited by Orion; March 15th, 2022 at 05:55 PM.
Old March 15th, 2022, 05:52 PM

My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: "do unto others" (open, new!)

[Edited - now featuring an actual post!]
Old March 22nd, 2022, 05:26 PM

My Mood: Hungry
Default Re: "do unto others" (open, new!)

|| @xath – Sorry if this isn't open anymore!

Sora & Serenity

Sora gently nudged Serenity, a playful smile overtaking her expression. “When, do you think, I'll be able to hunt my first mouse?” she asked curiously, tilting her head. Her sister chuckled. “You go to quick, Sora. It's about strategy and patience. That is the only reason I have succeeded in catching prey already,” she explained. Serenity had always been the wiser one, but she didn't blame Sora. They had never been able to learn from their parents.

Their parents had died, and then they'd been taken in by twolegs. There was enough food, water and a roof over their heads. Still, Serenity had known that Sora wanted a different life. So, in her sister's favour, she had left. The memory wasn't exactly frightening - the feeling of freedom had been flabbergasting to Sora. She'd taken her first inhale of air knowing that everything was going to be alright. That she had no boundaries.

Serenity brushed her tortoiseshell fur against Sora's, laughing quietly. “Sora, you're never this thoughtful.” Sora shot her an annoyed glance, but she knew it was fake since she cracked a grin right after.

“Sissy, I'm not always so loud,” Sora mewed sassily, flicking her tail. “I was thinking of the first whiff of freedom we took as we escaped from the twolegs. I know you did it for me. You liked it there. Thanks.” Serenity was right - she was normally never this thoughtful. Her answers were mostly random and not clever at all.

Serenity simply nodded. Suddenly the scent of another cat filled her nostrils. Her one good eye widened, panic visible to the bare eye.

Sora bounded forwards, beaming at her sister. “Oh c'mon! Don't always ruin the fun!” She let out a snort of disgust as she sighted the stranger. The cat was in fact poking around in the dead body of a frog. “Ew,” Sora breathed. “What the heck are you doing? I'm sorry but touching a dead frog is disgusting.” There was more she wanted to say. How dare anyone kill a frog? They were so cute and green and chubby!

“Sora,” Serenity quipped from somewhere behind. “Come back.” Sora ignored her, green eyes fixed on the cat in front of her.

“Anyways, maybe we can ignore that frog thing if you hide it. I'm Sora, and this is my sister Serenity who never wants to have fun.” She pointed her tail towards Serenity, who huffed. “And who are you?”

Last edited by Glacial; March 22nd, 2022 at 05:29 PM.