Default Re: Haggard Ruins

Fernwillow
ThunderClan
she/her | 20 moons
[Silver tabby with white toes and sage green eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Spiderthroat - @Starfall ] [Redhawk - @tallulah ] [Yarrowcrest - @silver. ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Redhawk's scream was the first sign of danger that reached Fernwillow. The silver tabby whirled, tail fluffed out in fear as she witnessed the red warrior be thrown from the willow tree and towards the sinkhole. "REDHAWK!" She shrieked, racing towards the edge of the hole to see if the warrior had fallen too far in. She barely made it two cat-lengths before she came face to face with the most terrifying creature she had ever seen. The tabby froze, eyes wide as the moon as the creature's own--blacker than the deepest shadow--locked on her. She didn't hear Spiderthroat's howl of warning over the thrumming of her own heart. It snarled, and the young warrior felt it in her very bones.

This is what death looked like.

Then it was thundering towards her, tail as long as her body whipping out behind it. Immediately her frozen paws unstuck from the ground and she dove to the side just as its huge paw with claws longer than her teeth sliced down towards her flank. She prayed to every StarClan cat that she was fast enough, time moving in slow motion as her fate was decided by the sky.

[Fernwillow rolled an 11 for the attack, and a 19 for next round!]
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old January 13th, 2024, 06:35 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

yarrowcrest // he/him // 21 moons
purrks: mind reader [INACTIVE], flock together tier 1 [INACTIVE]

---

Everything happens in a flash of action. There's screaming, shouting, growling... A bit further off, Yarrowcrest whips around with wide eyes to watch one of his fellow clan mates get flung toward the sinkhole by a creature he's never seen before. Her scream of panic rattles around in his skull, forcing his ears to flatten in an attempt to will the echoing sound from his head. Things just got a lot worse, didn't they? Sprinting back toward the others, he watches as Fernwillow starts to make her way toward where Redhawk had disappeared but is stopped in her tracks by the large mammal, facing it down with a lot more bravery than he ever could muster. And it's in that moment he decides he needs to make a decision.

He has to choose between them.

Anxious stare moving between Fernwillow and Spiderthroat, he figures the better bet was to let the deputy help her than he. After all Spider was far stronger than he was-- if there was an obvious winner in a fight between them it was him. So the young warrior grits his teeth and nearly trips over his paws as he speeds toward the side of the sinkhole.

"I got her! Get out of there, Fernwillow!" He shouts so Fernwillow knows her attempt wasn't in vain. Living in this moment was the most important thing. And hopefully him making an attempt to help Redhawk would give her a chance to make an escape. Skidding to a stop near the edge of the pit, he leans over to stare owlishly at the warrior holding on for dear life below the surface. What was he supposed to do?! They didn't exactly teach you this as an apprentice! The only thing he can think of is to offer out a paw as far toward he as he can manage without teetering forward, nervously staring back over his shoulder to keep an eye on how the other two were faring. "Grab on however you can! Claw me, bite me, I don't care! We have to get out of here!"

[ i rolled a 5 ]
spiderthroat | @Starfall // redhawk | @talullah // fernwillow | @Micanomancy
Stars above, please keep them both safe as he attempted to do this.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old January 16th, 2024, 07:02 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch
Fernwillow @Micanomancy , Redhawk @tallulah , Yarrowcrest @silver.

[ The fisher rolled a 12 for the attack against Fernwillow, the attack just lands. ]

Spiderthroat rolled a 2 , The fisher rolled a 4 ! The Fisher does not notice Yarrowcrest and will loose interest in Fernwillow after his attack. He will be after Spiderthroat + Redhawk at the end of his turn!

Scrambling, Spiderthroat went to wrap his limbs around the throat of the beast, doing anything and everything to make sure all of them went back alive. He heard the squeal of that one that went flying so they seemed to be alive. Thankfully. But those claws made the warrior sweat. This thing was fast, fast and nimble. Due to this, it landed it's clawed attack on Fernwillow. Even with Spiderthroats attempt at helping, his claws sinking into it's thick neck, yanking his limbs back. It did more than his first inital attack, mainly because he wasn't aiming to harm, more so knock off balance. That being said the attack still landed on Fernwillow. Slicing across her flank. Although the wound itself wasn't too terribly deep, especially for the claws it had.

This wasn't good. This wasn't good at all. What if it tried to follow them back to their camp if they attempted an escape? What if it was faster than even they were, at least one of them had to report back to camp, what if it followed? They had to keep it's attention! A hiss of annoyance bubbled from the tom. A mistake. Catching the attention of the beefed up weasel, it reared up on it's hind legs and flung itself backwards. ( Spiderthroat rolled a 2 (woof) The Fisher rolled a 6.)

Unable to let go and jump off fast enough, Spiderthroat is effectively slammed into the ground, although his head is safe from the brutal attack, that doesn't mean the rest of him is. Spiderthroat is effectively stunned. unable to get the breath back into his lungs.

That being said, The Fisher's attention only sticking to the older tom for a second before it's ears twitch. Instead zeroing in on the noise Redhawk is making. A bellowing snarl rips from his throat as it begins to charge at the dangling warrior. Hopefully she can clamber up, or get pulled up, faster than it arrives.

(Please roll twice @/Tallulah, one to see, everyone else roll once please! Same 20sided die /w\ )

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old January 16th, 2024, 09:53 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector • Kitty Softpaws [inactive]
Everything was simultaneously moving fast and not moving at all as the strain of hanging on felt like fire ripping through Redhawk's forelegs. Searing hot pain flashed in her claws as she fought to keep them clung, knowing that if she gave in and let go that death's jaws would surely be waiting for her. Her teeth were gritted together and she shut her eyes tightly, trying to will any strength she had left.

A voice cut through to where Red was opening her eyes; Yarrowcrest! Never in her life had she been more thankful to see any Clanmate, and the tight grip of fear loosened a bit around her heart. With a grunt the reddish-brown somali somewhat climbed the slab of earth, inching closer to where her Clanmates paw hung down. The sounds of screeching and wailing told her that whatever this creature was, it was fierce and vicious, ripping into her Clanmates like they were nothing but leaves on the ground.

...Then the sound of thundering paws had her turning her head, and all at once Red felt her blood go cold. Charing at her with eyes that surely had origins in the Dark Forest was one of the largest creatures she had ever seen. It was dark brown and had fangs sharper and bigger than any cats. And it's speed; she was certain that because it had managed to fling her off a tree, it would have no problem reaching her and effectively taking her as its dinner.

Forcing herself to look back up at Yarrowcrest, she aimed one last time to leap upwards, hoping to hook her front claws into his foreleg while her back legs scrambled up to try and get her out of the hole she was in.

[ @Starfall - rolled an 11 first, and then a 16! @Micanomancy @silver. ]
Old January 17th, 2024, 10:40 AM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Fernwillow
ThunderClan
she/her | 20 moons
[Silver tabby with white toes and green eyes]

· · ────────────── · ·
[Spiderthroat - @Starfall ] [Redhawk - @tallulah ] [Yarrowcrest - @silver. ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Agony bloomed along Fernwillow’s side and the molly hissed as she skidded towards the sinkhole. Claws finally scrabbling into the dirt and stopping her from tumbling over the edge, Fernwillow hazily looked at her side to see three long scratches slowly bubbling with blood. She could tell it wasn’t deep, but it still throbbed in pain every time she inhaled or moved. It pulsed in time with her heart, blood trickling down her fur and onto the dusty ground.

Fernwillow was pulled from her bleary state by the howls of her clan mates and the snarl of the beast. All at once the adrenaline kicked in, clearing her mind and wiping away the pain in her side, providing the world in stark relief. Spiderthroat was down, leg hanging at an awkward angle. Redhawk was straining to reach Yarrowcrest, who was right in the way of the monster’s path. Spiderthroat clearly hadn’t been able to dissuade the beast from its path with force, so Fernwillow—who was much weaker than the older warrior—had to come up with a plan, and fast.

[Fernwillow rolled a NATURAL 20 to attack!]

Leaping to her paws and stumbling a little when her side flared up, Fernwillow sprinted towards the fisher, her speed bringing her up behind the fisher as it approached the sinkhole. Crouching down at the last moment, Fernwillow used all the strength in her body to propel herself up in a graceful arc over the fisher, just like she had taught her apprentice, and landed squarely on it’s back. Letting out a howl of fury, Fernwillow aimed to rake her claws through the fisher’s eyes and nose, trying to blind and disorient it. If they couldn’t defeat it by force, taking away its sight and causing it as much pain as possible could mean it would leave.

As Fernwillow held on for dear life, she tried to blind the fisher or at least get it to run from them. In the back of her mind Fernwillow was screaming in both surprise and elation at her bravery in the face of danger, and what on earth was she DOING was she CRAZY?? Maybe yes, she was!! And she was ROCKIN’ IT.

[Fernwillow rolled a 12 for next turn, but she is literally attacking the fisher so I don’t know if that counts]
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; January 17th, 2024 at 02:36 PM.
Old January 17th, 2024, 12:14 PM
silly little guy

---

A shaky breath frees from his maw when the older warrior's claws dig into the skin of his front leg. Hooked into his flesh he can't help but falter a bit with the pain, the weight of the other now his to bare forcing his body to slide closer to the edge. But despite the pain and the looming fear of the creature bounding ever so closer, he steadies himself, back paws digging into the dirt in an attempt to keep himself rooted. Jaw clenches tight as he mentally prepares for the pain he's willingly going to endure-- he doesn't have enough time to think of a better option and Redhawk was slipping so he needed to just buck up and deal with it.

Ghost pain from the bite Larkwing had given him moons ago comes back to haunt him. It stings and brings tears to the corners of his eyes but he pushes through nonetheless, rearing back and using his front leg to haul his fellow warrior from her scrambling against the side of the sinkhole. His skin burns. His leg is screaming. Most importantly, though, Redhawk was freed from the threat of falling to her possible doom. Not taking so much of a moment to worry for the blood now sliding down his leg, he whips around and watches as Fernwillow takes on the beast with incredible prowess. A glint of admiration clouds his gaze as he watches her sink her teeth into it's ear and tear and it's enough to force him into action.

Tail whipping behind him he dashes forward closer to the fisher, adrenaline masking the pain he was feeling only moments ago.

[ Yarrowcrest rolled an 11 to attack. ]

Taking from her example, the young warrior tries to use the other's distraction to his advantage, lunging forward in an attempt to clamp his own teeth around the predator's front leg and tear at the flesh in the same way he had watched Fernwillow pull off.

[ yarrow rolled a 12 ! ]
spiderthroat | @Starfall // redhawk | @tallulah // fernwillow | @Micanomancy

character bios.
Old January 18th, 2024, 11:01 AM
silly little guy

---
THIS ROLEPLAY TAKES PLACE BEFORE THE FISHER INCIDENT.

Without so much another word the tom lead the medicine cat apprentice out to the ruins, tired eyes struggling to stay open as he examines the area. He wasn't sure what he was out here to look for but maybe the distraction would be helpful for him after all. Though he wasn't sure why she wanted to come here, of all places... The ruins had an eerie feeling to them. The way the ground moaned and wailed... It made him shiver. He could chalk it up to the biting wind, though, instead of the cryptic feeling. Turning his head to look at Springpaw, he tilts his head a bit, making an attempt to look more awake and aware than he actually was.

"Where do we start?"

character bios.
Old January 18th, 2024, 02:02 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear || thunderclan medicine cat apprentice
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

Entering the winter landscape of Haggard Ruins brought a chill to Springpaw’s spine. It had been… moons since she had came across this ancient place. It didn’t look as familiar as it used to be when she was only a mere six moon old apprentice, but that didn’t stop the unappealing nostalgia to attack her in the deepest pits of her stomach. This used to be where her home used to be; where ThunderClan used to thrive. That was, until the sinkholes had ruined everything and destroyed the home she once had. The snow covering the forest ground made it impossible to tell whether she was close to the gaping hole of the ruins, but the snow covering half of the area made it easy to tell where it might be located at. If all the snow wasn’t apparent, she could’ve potentially figured out where the old camp could’ve been located around this dense area, but it wasn’t as easy as that. “It’s… been so long… since I’ve been… around this area…” Springpaw rambled, mainly talking to herself as she watched snow lazily fall down from one of the nearby barren trees, landing softly onto the white-crested ground. “It’s almost… like I remember… visiting… the falls… around over there… with my old mentor… yesterday… sometimes… I miss… the old camp… as if… I wished… the sinkholes… never happened… before.”

Springpaw finally allowed her blue gaze to rest on Yarrowcrest for a moment, almost as if to try to get whatever was happening inside his mind to finally be let loose from the unbearable hold it was having on him. It was a little unfortunate that the tom-cat held little interest in letting his burdens go so easily. She could already know that he was going through some rough times with his mate no longer around, but she wouldn’t push him to accommodate what he needed to say. When he wanted to say something about what was on his mind, he could do that when he felt like it was necessary. Now, onto the more important task: finding herbs beneath all this snow. “Well… what I… mainly want… to look for… is some… celandine… and potentially… marigold… the storage is… low on both… of them… and if… we are… lucky… we might… find some… catmint… during our… little search.” She admitted with a light purr, already beginning to trek around the snowy landscape as she lightly pawed through the snow so she could search for herbs hidden beneath its cold blanket.

“Celandine… is… a small… yellow flower… with four… petals… that are… almost perfectly… spaced… and marigold… is also a… yellow flower… but it… can also… range to… a more… orange color… it’s… almost always… low growing… we may… have more… trouble finding… celandine… than marigold… but it’s better… to try… then not… lastly… catmint… is… usually a… tall… delicious-smelling plant… but that… may not… be something… we’ll be… lucky to find… given that herb… is always… hard to find… in the… colder seasons.” Just as Springpaw finished explaining, the small calico came across a small, rather pitiful bundle of grass that wasn’t covered by the snow that was slowly falling down from the sky. “We may… have some… luck looking… for those herbs… right here… as we speak.” She gave Yarrowcrest a small smile as she began to gingerly pluck herbs from the ground, her tongue quickly recoiling against the frosted texture against her tongue. That was something that she’ll definitely not grow used to.

[ + 2 celandine ]

@silver.

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old January 22nd, 2024, 10:30 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch
Fernwillow @Micanomancy , Redhawk @tallulah , Yarrowcrest @silver.

[The Fisher rolled a 13 for the Attack from Fernwillow, and a 15. Spiderthroat rolled a 9.]

The fisher's attention has faltered from Redhawk and is instead now focusing on Fernwillow + Yarrowcrest. The Fisher is now RAGING
The Fisher : 92/100
The Fisher : Attack Doubled.

Within seconds, it felt as though he was kissing the stars. Wind knocked out of him and no matter how much he inhaled no airflow would come to him. It felt like was suffocating underwater. The only thing pulling him from his forced trance was the sharp pain on his side. Oh he landed wrong. Joyous.

Hissing and finally being able to drink in some oxygen, Spiderthroat rolled over with a grunt, and got into a standing position. Stumbling momentarly as all the blood rushed to his head. Oh. He's going to be sore tomorrow. Annoying. It seemed as though two of the four were actively fighting it. One of them swinging in like they were fighting the frog eaters. That. That is what he needed to see more often from his Clan. Unbridled rage. It was a powerful motivator, as is fear.

But...something seemed off about it. It seemed more...aggrivated. For the first time in a very long time. Spiderthroat was intimidated. Fear trickling up his spine as it let out a enraged snarl. Seemingly boosting it's own morale, if noises could empower, it's attacks would definitely be beefed up. "FALL BACK. THIS WON'T GO DOWN EASY AND I WANT YOU ALL TO GET BACK TO CAMP ALIVE. NOW." he barked. Slamming his tail against the ground to convince his paws to move.

Claws clacking against the frozen dirt below as he sprinted to catch up with the other two. He'd distract, so they could escape, he had no clue how the one who got launched was fairing, but if they needed help than the other two had to leave now. Aiming to leap ontop of the Fisher, landing squarely on it's side once more, claws digging in. An attempt to steer rather than attack.

The Fisher, after having taken a decent slashing from the one he slashed previously. His cheeks and head burned as it managed to dodge the eye and ear attack. The Warrior only just barely missing, but it still did a decent chunk of damage. That being said, since it saw the attack from the other coming, especially since he was so close to the duo, he easily dodged and kicked his front leg out in an attempt to swat the other cat away. [ The fisher rolled a 14 + 2, 16, pls roll to contest @/silver.]

It than went to yank the cat from it's shoulders, sharp jaws aiming to clamp around anything it could grab ahold of and launch her. It's plan was to whip it's head and send her flying if it grappled. [ Fisher rolled a 18 + 2 , 20, pls roll to contest @/Micanomancy]

The Fisher is Raging.
[Please roll another d20 to see if anyone is able to leave without scratches! Plan is for everyone to begin their escape.]

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; January 22nd, 2024 at 10:31 PM.
Old January 24th, 2024, 05:56 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Annoyed

ThunderClan Re: Haggard Ruins

Larkswoop - [ Active ] Flock Together T2
ThunderClan Warrior - 28 Moons

The ThunderClan warrior had left her apprentice, Silverpaw, back at camp since he had never shown up after she'd called for him. Hopefully he'd follow her tracks if he even knew he had been sent on patrol.

The molly crouched at the sounds of rustling, her ears perking up. Watching, Larkswoop spotted a squirrel rummaging around the snow-covered forest floor.

Pawsteps light and catious, Larkswoop stalked forward slowly. Once she was close enough to the squirrel - and had made sure its scent was flowing towards her instead of the other way around - the warrior leaped, landing square on the squirrel.

Before the squirrel could call out in alarm, Larkswoop gave it a clean, swift bite to the neck. The squirrel went limp in the she-cat's jaws.

Burying the squirrel to collect later, Larkswoop padded along.

While she was stalking a wood mouse, it suddenly ran though it hadn't seen or scented Larkswoop. That's when she heard a cracking noise above her.

A branch snapped away from an oak tree, cascading down to the ground. Before Larkswoop could move, pain shot through her leg as the branch landed on her rear quarters.

A shriek sounded from the ThunderClan warrior. Cold spread through her body as snow landed on top of her, too.

Larkswoop struggled to free herself from the branch, hissing in pain every time she tried to move her hind leg.

The ThunderClan molly let out a wail.

''Help!''

Rainstar is the current Clan Leader of RippleClan. She has an open-den policy.

Owlswoop is the current Clan Deputy of ValleyClan.
@Desert Rain Frog [ Silverpaw ]
@BEAR. [ Wolfpaw, so he knows Larkswoop has left, and so you know I went with the prompt. ]
@dino. [ Bumblestar, so she's aware of Larkswoop's situation. ]
@Omari [ Drizzlecloud ]
@eris [ Springpaw ]

''say you can't sleep? baby, i know. mm, it's that me espresso.'' - sabrina carpenter, espresso

Characters W/ Purrks

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird´s Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Bluepaw: The Collector

Last edited by paris; January 24th, 2024 at 06:01 AM.