Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Real friends, good friends...
by Tiabirb
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 05:57 PM
QNA for some of my...
Last post by GalaxyDreams
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by lys.luvbot
need a header for Snowleaf
Last post by leopard.
Today 05:55 PM
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by alec
Today 05:53 PM

Old August 13th, 2017, 11:26 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki View Post
Staring out into space, the young tortoiseshell-and-white apprentice hardly even noticed the entrance of the large, black Maine Coon. Nettlepaw didn't know Nightpaw well at all- in fact,
she'd doubted he'd ever spoken to her once. Of course, that was no surprise to the mute she-cat; most avoided her. Found her 'weird', but Nettle couldn't blame them. She wasn't at all normal; she knew that for a fact. Normal cats weren't scared of everything that moved. Normal cats made friends. Normal cats talked.
But Nettle was perfectly fine without talking. She was a listener; a good listener. Though eavesdropper would be more accurate, as no one really told her much. She didn't exactly have friends, and she doubted anyone even knew her name. Nettle had been brought to the camp by a warrior who'd found her as a kit. She'd run away from abusive twolegs at a mere 3 moons old, though must have come a long way because there weren't many twoleg dwellings anywhere near the SkyClan camp.
Since then, Nettlepaw had only said one thing; her name. That was the last time she'd spoken.

But now her gaze drifted from the wall, and fell upon the Maine Coon once more, who seemed to be angrily licking his pelt while sitting in a nest that was becoming too small for the large cat. Thoughts returned to Nettlepaw's head, questions that most likely wouldn't be answered.
What is your name?
How many moons are you?
Are you excited to be a warrior?
Do you like your mentor?
Have you learned any new hunting tips?
Do you like hunting or fighting more?
Would you be my friend?

But none of those questions would ever be asked by the selectively mute she-cat, who was scared to approach a kit let alone a cat her own age. Nettlepaw's gaze fell down to her paws as she shifted awkwardly in her too-big nest, staring at the feathers and leaves that made up the cozy bed. The feathers were all different colours, some grey, some brown, some white, some black. She wondered who caught the bird who's feathers had been used to give her comfort at night. Who'd eaten that bird? Did the bird have any chicks of its' own? Had they seen things indescribable as they flew above the clouds? Or had they spent their moons quiet, silent, and never flying for fear of falling?
Pausing his grooming, the tom glanced up to see Nettlepaw staring at him. He had never spoken to her directly - however, he had heard stories of the partly mute cat who resided in SkyClan. Never before had he heard her say a word. And he sincerely doubted that he ever would. "What are you staring at me for?" His voice came off as accusing, although he had meant it to be a generally curious question. The tom wasn't one who spoke a ton either. So how were they supposed to have a conversation? How could they have one anyways, when Nettlepaw didn't speak? Why doesn't she talk? It was a question that was playing over and over in Nightpaw's mind. Now, one thing about the tom was that he was considered a bully. He was considered the type of cat that you would stay away from, if you had what was considered a disability. The type of cat you wouldn't want to cross paths with. "For real though, I don't even know who you are, so why are you-" Nightpaw's voice had risen to an aggressive level, and he stopped when he realized the she cat wasn't even looking at him anymore.

What had she wanted? Why had she been staring at him? He really wanted to know, but at the same time... he wasn't sure that he would ever find out. See, with a cat like Nettlepaw, or at least a cat who had her particular condition, Nightpaw was pretty sure you wouldn't be able to get much information out of them. Since Nettlepaw couldn't speak. Or, what was it... she could, but she wouldn't. Stubborn - much like Nightpaw himself, although it seemed the black tom had missed the point entirely. "I'm Nightpaw. And I'm pretty sure I've heard of you - you're that mute cat, aren't you?" Again, his voice sounded scornful. As though he were above Nettlepaw because she was mute and he wasn't. Whether she had the ability to talk or not didn't matter, because she didn't talk.

Even if she stammered, it wouldn't make the black tom feel so frustrated. He hated having things out of his control. And this was a number one thing that he couldn't control, the way that someone else talked. Or, didn't talk, rather. At least she wasn't friends with that grey idiot. It would make him furious if she decided to run off with someone like that weak apprentice... or soon to be warrior rather. Nightpaw might not have seen Azulpaw lately, but he still hated the tom with every fiber of his being. And he was certain that Nettlepaw would feel the same way if she met him. He was such a smart mouth! Perhaps if things were different, they would be friends. But if things were different, Nightpaw would be ruling the world and there wouldn't be any other clans.

He didn't like the other clans. Didn't trust them. He believed them to be sneaky and suspicious and awful. Nightpaw's yellow eyes fixed themselves on Nettlepaw, not quite thinking about whether or not she would be uncomfortable by this. Then again, rare was the occasion when the tom really thought of others. He wasn't thoughtful. The word wasn't in Nightpaw's vocabulary, and he certainly wasn't going to be thoughtful towards a cat whom he had just met... in this case, Nettlepaw. Besides, the sting of heartbreak was still fresh and it was ten times harder to try making a friend with a broken heart, wasn't it? That's what it seemed like to Nightpaw. Yes, so much could be different... but it wasn't, and the tom didn't have the energy to try and make it that way. Besides! He liked the way he was. There was nothing wrong with some arrogance now and again, was there?

No.

Absolutely not.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old August 14th, 2017, 09:09 AM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Pausing his grooming, the tom glanced up to see Nettlepaw staring at him. He had never spoken to her directly - however, he had heard stories of the partly mute cat who resided in SkyClan. Never before had he heard her say a word. And he sincerely doubted that he ever would. "What are you staring at me for?" His voice came off as accusing, although he had meant it to be a generally curious question. The tom wasn't one who spoke a ton either. So how were they supposed to have a conversation? How could they have one anyways, when Nettlepaw didn't speak? Why doesn't she talk? It was a question that was playing over and over in Nightpaw's mind. Now, one thing about the tom was that he was considered a bully. He was considered the type of cat that you would stay away from, if you had what was considered a disability. The type of cat you wouldn't want to cross paths with. "For real though, I don't even know who you are, so why are you-" Nightpaw's voice had risen to an aggressive level, and he stopped when he realized the she cat wasn't even looking at him anymore.

What had she wanted? Why had she been staring at him? He really wanted to know, but at the same time... he wasn't sure that he would ever find out. See, with a cat like Nettlepaw, or at least a cat who had her particular condition, Nightpaw was pretty sure you wouldn't be able to get much information out of them. Since Nettlepaw couldn't speak. Or, what was it... she could, but she wouldn't. Stubborn - much like Nightpaw himself, although it seemed the black tom had missed the point entirely. "I'm Nightpaw. And I'm pretty sure I've heard of you - you're that mute cat, aren't you?" Again, his voice sounded scornful. As though he were above Nettlepaw because she was mute and he wasn't. Whether she had the ability to talk or not didn't matter, because she didn't talk.

Even if she stammered, it wouldn't make the black tom feel so frustrated. He hated having things out of his control. And this was a number one thing that he couldn't control, the way that someone else talked. Or, didn't talk, rather. At least she wasn't friends with that grey idiot. It would make him furious if she decided to run off with someone like that weak apprentice... or soon to be warrior rather. Nightpaw might not have seen Azulpaw lately, but he still hated the tom with every fiber of his being. And he was certain that Nettlepaw would feel the same way if she met him. He was such a smart mouth! Perhaps if things were different, they would be friends. But if things were different, Nightpaw would be ruling the world and there wouldn't be any other clans.

He didn't like the other clans. Didn't trust them. He believed them to be sneaky and suspicious and awful. Nightpaw's yellow eyes fixed themselves on Nettlepaw, not quite thinking about whether or not she would be uncomfortable by this. Then again, rare was the occasion when the tom really thought of others. He wasn't thoughtful. The word wasn't in Nightpaw's vocabulary, and he certainly wasn't going to be thoughtful towards a cat whom he had just met... in this case, Nettlepaw. Besides, the sting of heartbreak was still fresh and it was ten times harder to try making a friend with a broken heart, wasn't it? That's what it seemed like to Nightpaw. Yes, so much could be different... but it wasn't, and the tom didn't have the energy to try and make it that way. Besides! He liked the way he was. There was nothing wrong with some arrogance now and again, was there?

No.

Absolutely not.
Words- harsh words shook Nettlepaw from her thoughts on the birds. They sounded scornful, and at first, she couldn't be sure if the words were directed at her, or another. She flinched noticeably at first, her first instinct was to hide or protect herself, but Nettle quickly processed this before she could hide. The large, black cat she'd been looking at earlier must have noticed her gaze. And now he spoke.
His voice was deep and rumbling, with the potential to be very powerful. He spoke with pride and arrogance, something Nettlepaw never wore around her neck. He seemed to be annoyed with her, though it was to her surprise that he knew of her; or at least of her name and what was considered a disability.
Is that all I'll ever be? Nettlepaw, that mute cat?

It hurt. It hurt and she couldn't doubt that. He sounded angry at her, and she couldn't figure out why. The way he looked at her, like she was lower than him. Like she simply didn't "count" as a cat because of her disability. Nettlepaw knew he might not have meant it that way on purpose, and maybe he just had trouble controlling his emotions, but it didn't matter. He- of Nightpaw, as he'd introduced himself, was just like everyone else. They were confused by her, weirded out, freaked out, maybe. But now he was looking at her, and by the look in his eyes, he was annoyed. Angry, too. Nettlepaw had gotten rather good at reading cats, mainly because she had to figure everything out herself, unable to ask questions.
Why are you mad at me? She wondered
Did someone hurt you too?

Not wanting to be there too long, with this cat she didn't even know growing frustrated with her, Nettlepaw got to her paws. She was noticeably smaller than most cats her age, thinner too. She cast a glance over at Nightpaw one last time, her expression exhausted, fed up, and hurt. Nettlepaw then turned and padded out of the apprentices' den, and into the grassy clearing.

(sorry it's so short! shall we move to the clearing?)

the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da
Old August 23rd, 2017, 09:15 PM
Burnsoul

My Mood: Sick

Festerpaw curled up miserably. I hate everything. She sniffed angrily and narrowed her eyes. She'd noticed that she wasn't very popular with any cats ever... But it was still hard for her to be this age without any friends. Sure she was ill tempered, and not very good at anything but fighting, (and even she admitted that she was an ugly cat), but she still deserved to be treated like she was a cat... Right? Then and there she thought about how much she despised her family. Her father had been some unknown rogue, her mother had gotten rid of her because she was a mistake, and her brother Adderpaw forgot she existed. She'd seen him at the last gathering,
flirting with every she cat near his age group because he was handsome and charismatic and could get away with it. She hated him. Of course mother didn't get rid of him, he was too perfect! He'd been blessed to be good at everything while she was cursed to be terrible at it all! She put her scraggly tail over her paws and glared at the wall, wishing she'd never been born..
"You know that good cats can be tricked into doing bad things. One with the right intent can kill a clan. But the worst thing is Vengeance; it can blind you, and lead you to trust evil and push away friends. Don't ever let that happen." -Burnsoul
"Screw you all 'cause b!@#* I'm fabulous!" -Palewind
Old September 17th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

Goldenpaw stood outside the entrance of the Apprentice den.
She ducked and slipped inside.
"H- Hello?" The new Apprentice mewed nervously. "Is... Is anyone there?" Goldenpaw walked to an empty nest at the back of the den.
"This seems like a good spot." She purred.

[Writers Block]

@Spikes

Character Site

Old September 17th, 2017, 05:50 PM
The Red to your Blue~

Currantpaw was happily nestled in the apprentice's den, looking around at the surrounding cats. She was above them, and she knew it. No one would stand up to her if she were to push any of them around, both verbally and physically, and she was perfectly comfortable with that. No one was going to get on her bad side today, unless she decided on her own.
No one... Or someone like that. The small cat stared at the new arrival, bunching up her paws as they entered, obviously not expecting to be bothered. Currantpaw took advantage of this, levering herself up and slinking over to the new cat.
"I don't think we've met. What's your name?" she questioned innocently, though stood in the way of the entrance to the den. She'd cornered the cat, and they were going to have to deal with what was next when she fired off.
"I'm Currantpaw... And you're not welcome here." She huffed, shoving into the fellow apprentice and shooting her a venomous look. The sweet and innocent cat from only a few heartbeats ago was now a bitter and confrontational enemy, just waiting for the apprentice to shove back so that she could have an excuse to push her further.
( @Flameleaf )
Old September 17th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Might disappear again

Goldenpaw perked her ears at the mew. "Oh! I-I'm Goldenpaw ah!" The apprentice stumbled and fell on her side. "W-What was that for?" She mewed, looking up at the older apprentice with wide, scared eyes. "You asked for my name... And I was about to tell you..."
@Spikes

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; September 17th, 2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old September 17th, 2017, 06:41 PM
The Red to your Blue~

Currantpaw huffed, rolling her eyes at the apprentice. "You know I don't care, mousebrain." She held Goldenpaw down under her paw, a triumphant smile on her face. "I don't care about your name... I care about you being here. You're not welcome," she spat, tail beginning to lash as she stared at the apprentice who still refused to move. What a coward. The clan could do without cats like her. Currantpaw would be surprised if she even became a warrior. The she-cat couldn't even bring herself to get back up when confronted.
"Look at the little kit... What, you gonna cry?" she meowed melodramatically, pressing her paw in further to the apprentice's hide. "SkyClan could do much better than you... You'll never be a warrior like this!" Currantpaw chuckled to herself, lifting her paw off of the fallen apprentice and waiting for her to get back up.
"I bet your parents are real proud of you." Her tone was sarcastic and scathing, as if she were attempting to leave wounds with her words alone. "Goldenpaw... Never growing up." She circled the apprentice as she taunted her, the onslaught of insults flowing freely from her mouth, almost naturally.
( @Flameleaf )
Old September 17th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Might disappear again

Goldenpaw's eyes began to water. "N-No!" She mewed as she placed herself into a sitting position. "I... I..." She wiped her eyes with a paw. "I'll be a Warrior! You... You'll see!" The she-cat got to her paws and puffed out her chest, making an attempt to look brave.
"I-I-I bet I c-could beat you with-without trying!" Goldenpaw then fluffed her fur up. "I-I-I'll be the b-bravest Warrior ever! So leave me alone!" But inside Goldenpaw felt like a coward. She felt as if she would never make it to a Warrior like Currantpaw said. Maybe she's right... Maybe I am a coward after all...
@Spikes

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; September 17th, 2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old September 17th, 2017, 09:16 PM
The Red to your Blue~

Currantpaw watched the apprentice with an amused look, watching her struggle to get to her paws was entertaining, and it just helped establish the pecking order further. Although she herself was physically rather small and meek in appearance, she was still able to knock over another apprentice of her age. Watching this unfold made her beam with pride at her own strength, despite it being a dirty trick on the other cat. "A warrior... More like a kittypet, eating mush! You should go cry to your twolegs..." She pretended to sob, covering her face with a paw and letting out soft warbling cries in an attempt to mock the weaker cat. "Face it. You could never beat me in a fight. You can't even stand properly!" The apprentice laughed, knocking into Goldenpaw's side again, though much lighter this time around. She was trying to aggravate her, not send her falling down again. She'd save that for later.
"A mouse could win in a fight with you. I want to fight someone who's more of a challenge." She turned her nose up in apparent disgust at the apprentice, turning tail and padding back over to her resting spot. She didn't hesitate to make a few faces at the apprentice on the way, either.
( @Flameleaf )
Old September 17th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Might disappear again

Goldenpaw stumbled as Currantpaw gave her another shove.
"Im... Im not a Kittypet!"
She mewed quietly with her eyes watering again. "Im a Clan born apprentice!" Hurt by these words, Goldenpaw began backing toward the entrance with her ears flattened and her tail down. "I... I could easily beat a mouse in a fight..." She objected.
"Im... Im... Im very st-strong!"
The she-cat felt tears running down her face. She immediately looked down, attempting to hide her face from her bully. "N-Now leave me alone! Or I'll... I'll... I'll beat you up myself!" She meekly threatened, making another attempt to look tough.

@Spikes

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; September 17th, 2017 at 09:37 PM.