Last post by silver.
Today 12:33 PM

Old February 1st, 2022, 01:59 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: The Introduction

@GoldenDays

Anytime Mouseclaw moved, Thrush would simply press his claws into his throat more, never breaking skin. His blue eyes were ablaze with amusement at his weak attempts. "Tsk, tsk," he mumbled, "Didn't your mentor teach you any better? Or did you not pay enough attention?" he sneered "That's how you got into this predicament, wasn't it? Lack of attention?"

Thrush gave a huff and released the warrior from his grasp. He had begun stalking a circle around Mouseclaw now. Thrush's blue gaze bore into Mouseclaw, skimming over his body, noting his build and any old scars. Then, a low voice left Thrush, one full of knowledge and hatred. "Welcome to the Dark Forest, Mouseclaw," he started, his circling never stopping, "Your desire brought you here, you're dreaming, but this is all very real."

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old February 1st, 2022, 02:16 PM
Wilbur Soot Stan

My Mood: Starving

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspiciousMindz View Post

@GoldenDays

Anytime Mouseclaw moved, Thrush would simply press his claws into his throat more, never breaking skin. His blue eyes were ablaze with amusement at his weak attempts. "Tsk, tsk," he mumbled, "Didn't your mentor teach you any better? Or did you not pay enough attention?" he sneered "That's how you got into this predicament, wasn't it? Lack of attention?"

Thrush gave a huff and released the warrior from his grasp. He had begun stalking a circle around Mouseclaw now. Thrush's blue gaze bore into Mouseclaw, skimming over his body, noting his build and any old scars. Then, a low voice left Thrush, one full of knowledge and hatred. "Welcome to the Dark Forest, Mouseclaw," he started, his circling never stopping, "Your desire brought you here, you're dreaming, but this is all very real."
Mouse’claw got to his feet, he neck aches from being pressed agains and his side hurt from being rammed into, not taking his gaze off the hostile warrior, his tail flicked wildly in anticipation of a fight. “well I’m paying attention now, if that’s what you want” he spat
He kept his gaze hostile and defensive as best he could, not wanting to show any hint of fear, that would put him at a disadvantage and he couldn’t have that.
The name ‘The DarkForest’ held a sense of familiarity but he couldn’t put his paw on where he’d heard it before. Whatever it was, it wasn’t good.
My desire? how idiotic, I don’t have desire for anything and your foolish for thinking I would.

“One day, I know that you will be there. One day I’ll focus on the future, maybe one day. Oh Baby isn’t life so freaking inconsistent?”

Try and write at least a paragraph!
Click for characters \/

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Old February 1st, 2022, 02:57 PM
Just A Fossil

@GoldenDays

His brow raised at the young warrior's words. A taunting tone followed his next set of words, "No desire, you say? So, you want to stay mediocre then? You want to not stand out against your fellow clanmates? You don't want power?" His eyes flashed a challenge, "Okay, I guess I'll leave you to be pushed around since you don't have a desire to improve."

Thrush then stood to his full height, which wasn't very tall, he was a smaller cat in general. Giving his shoulders a shrug and flicking his tail, the calico turned away from Mouseclaw, beginning to let the tall grasses engulf him once more. He was still alert though, not trusting Mouseclaw to not try anything.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old February 1st, 2022, 03:19 PM
Wilbur Soot Stan

Quote:

@GoldenDays

His brow raised at the young warrior's words. A taunting tone followed his next set of words, "No desire, you say? So, you want to stay mediocre then? You want to not stand out against your fellow clanmates? You don't want power?" His eyes flashed a challenge, "Okay, I guess I'll leave you to be pushed around since you don't have a desire to improve."

Thrush then stood to his full height, which wasn't very tall, he was a smaller cat in general. Giving his shoulders a shrug and flicking his tail, the calico turned away from Mouseclaw, beginning to let the tall grasses engulf him once more. He was still alert though, not trusting Mouseclaw to not try anything.
Mouse’claw watched Thrush stalk off.
If he’s honest with himself what he told Thrush was a lie, completely and utterly a lie. He wanted to be deputy, and maybe one day even leader, oh how we wanted that. But what was the point I revealing such things? He didn’t want to be disloyal to his leader and deputy.
So what if I did have a desire of some sort? Why do you care?” he called to the warrior, walking away from him.
He didn’t know why but something dark tugged in his heart to follow him. But his pride wouldn’t let him just yet.

“One day, I know that you will be there. One day I’ll focus on the future, maybe one day. Oh Baby isn’t life so freaking inconsistent?”

Click for characters \/

Old February 1st, 2022, 03:56 PM
Just A Fossil

@GoldenDays

Thrush stopped, but didn't face the warrior, a smile smirk appeared on his face before disappearing as he finally turned to face Mouseclaw again. With the dark surroundings, his pale gaze seemed to glow from where he stood in the grasses. "I don't care," he stated simply, "You seem to care though if you're stopping me," he called back, slightly amused.

"Pride gets you killed, swallow that and tell me what you want," he spoke. He was young and prideful once too. He learned fairly quickly what that does to warriors.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old February 1st, 2022, 04:02 PM
Wilbur Soot Stan

Quote:

@GoldenDays

Thrush stopped, but didn't face the warrior, a smile smirk appeared on his face before disappearing as he finally turned to face Mouseclaw again. With the dark surroundings, his pale gaze seemed to glow from where he stood in the grasses. "I don't care," he stated simply, "You seem to care though if you're stopping me," he called back, slightly amused.

"Pride gets you killed, swallow that and tell me what you want," he spoke. He was young and prideful once too. He learned fairly quickly what that does to warriors.
(Now I’ve got visions of these two in a The Other Side type animatic)

Mouse’claw stated towards Thrush, not sure if he should do what he was asking or let his pride get the better of him.
He thought for a moment, dead cats where said to help the living right? Prophecy and guidance nonsense?
Maybe that’s why he was here! He was destined to become deputy and Thrush was meant to help him?! Mouse’claw quickly chased the thought from his mind. That was nonsense, but it didn’t sound to bad.
Your whole desire speech sounded like an offer of some kind. Your desire brought you here or whatever. What did you mean by that?
Mouse’claw was dodging what he really wanted to say.

Click for characters \/

Old February 1st, 2022, 04:35 PM
Just A Fossil

@GoldenDays

Was this his chance to get back at WindClan somehow? The idea excited Thrush. He blinked a couple of times before responding. "What do you want?" he repeated himself. Thrush's tail tip twitched a little bit. "Do you wish to better yourself as a warrior? I can help you with that," he stated simply. His head tilted a little and watched Mouseclaw.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old February 1st, 2022, 04:58 PM
Wilbur Soot Stan

Quote:

@GoldenDays

Was this his chance to get back at WindClan somehow? The idea excited Thrush. He blinked a couple of times before responding. "What do you want?" he repeated himself. Thrush's tail tip twitched a little bit. "Do you wish to better yourself as a warrior? I can help you with that," he stated simply. His head tilted a little and watched Mouseclaw.
I want to become deputy” Mouse’claw said, his voice was quiet, as if he was scared to admit it “but everyone wants to be deputy right?” he reasoned, he felt his walls start to crumble, quickly shaking himself as if to build them back up. He just met this cat he couldn’t be revealing everything to him so soon, but then why did he want to do bad?

Click for characters \/

Old February 1st, 2022, 06:21 PM
Just A Fossil

@GoldenDays

Thrush's head straightened and he emerged back from the grass, meeting Mouseclaw at the edge of the clearing now. "That's better," the calico tom spoke, starting to circle Mouseclaw once more. This time it was more casual, it wasn't a stalk. "Sure, everyone wants to be deputy, but only the best gets to be deputy," Thrush started, "I was trained by a deputy," the tom continued, his eyes glazing over at the memories, "he gave me the tools to be such an influence on my clanmates and other outsiders..." the tom's voice softened towards the end of his sentence.

Thrush cleared his throat, shaking his head clear. "I could pass some of that on to you, y'know," he finished, watching Mouseclaw's expressions as he awaited a response.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old February 1st, 2022, 06:32 PM
Wilbur Soot Stan

Quote:

@GoldenDays

Thrush's head straightened and he emerged back from the grass, meeting Mouseclaw at the edge of the clearing now. "That's better," the calico tom spoke, starting to circle Mouseclaw once more. This time it was more casual, it wasn't a stalk. "Sure, everyone wants to be deputy, but only the best gets to be deputy," Thrush started, "I was trained by a deputy," the tom continued, his eyes glazing over at the memories, "he gave me the tools to be such an influence on my clanmates and other outsiders..." the tom's voice softened towards the end of his sentence.

Thrush cleared his throat, shaking his head clear. "I could pass some of that on to you, y'know," he finished, watching Mouseclaw's expressions as he awaited a response.
Mouse’claw watched the brown top come back and stepped back a bit, he didn’t like how close Thrush kept getting to him. He listened to him talk, tail twitching like it always seemed to do. It was unnerving how Thrush’s voice changed so quickly, almost seeming like a different cat when it did.
What’s the catch?” Mouse’claw asked, with every cat there was a catch of some sort, he wanted to hear what Thrush wanted in return.

Click for characters \/