Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Apprentices' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 10:25 AM
minkpaws new everything...
by alec
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 09:58 AM
RiverClan Medicine Cat...
by starry
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:50 AM
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 09:47 AM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Spider-in-the-corner
Today 09:47 AM

Old January 7th, 2020, 03:58 PM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: Ballistic Runaway (OPEN! TO EVERYONE!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGamerGirl View Post
Smudge somehow perked up even more at the mention of hunting, assuming that it meant food. He didn't know what the other words that they were using were, like 'kittypet' and 'loner', but he probably could just ask someone later. "Ooh, could I help hunt?" he asked to, well, anyone who heard him, wondering if hunting would be fun. Maybe it would be like chasing the little green strips that were sometimes left on the floor at the twoleg house, except you could eat it afterward! @Cloudsky @ponyapan @Silhouettes @Erina @damaatsii
Soot smiled at Smudge's eagerness, rememebering silver- Oh no, the memory was gone again. Either way, she calmly tilted her head at him. "Have you tried it before? Otherwise, I could always try teaching you a thing or two."

Please click my eggs!

Old January 7th, 2020, 04:16 PM

My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyapan View Post
Soot smiled at Smudge's eagerness, rememebering silver- Oh no, the memory was gone again. Either way, she calmly tilted her head at him. "Have you tried it before? Otherwise, I could always try teaching you a thing or two."
"Well, no, I don't think I have, but I could learn!" he smiled back at Soot. If he was going to become a forest cat, then he should probably learn what they do. He tilted his head back at her curiously, and asked, "Oh, um, what is hunting exactly?" He realized that the question probably made him sound stupid, so he started licking a paw in embarrassment.
Old January 7th, 2020, 04:27 PM
~Fae of the forest~

Quote:
"Well, no, I don't think I have, but I could learn!" he smiled back at Soot. If he was going to become a forest cat, then he should probably learn what they do. He tilted his head back at her curiously, and asked, "Oh, um, what is hunting exactly?" He realized that the question probably made him sound stupid, so he started licking a paw in embarrassment.
"No worries, it's not that hard once you get into it," Soot reassured him.
Honestly, she would have been more surprised if she met a kittypet that could hunt at that age. We might as well start with the basics now.
"The first thing that you have to do is crouch down- or, well, after you find the prey and all, you have to crouch down. How to catch depends on what you're hunting, but mice is the easiest, so let's try that." Soot went down in the crouch she'd learnt, body low and tail sticking straight ahead. "Copy me, like this," she encouraged.

Please click my eggs!

Old January 7th, 2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyapan View Post
"No worries, it's not that hard once you get into it," Soot reassured him.
Honestly, she would have been more surprised if she met a kittypet that could hunt at that age. We might as well start with the basics now.
"The first thing that you have to do is crouch down- or, well, after you find the prey and all, you have to crouch down. How to catch depends on what you're hunting, but mice is the easiest, so let's try that." Soot went down in the crouch she'd learnt, body low and tail sticking straight ahead. "Copy me, like this," she encouraged.
"O-ok.." he said watching as she went into the crouching position. He padded next to Soot and tried to copy her stance. He crouched down, and his tail twitched in excitement. This felt... natural, like I was supposed to do this. He thought to himself in comparison to when he would just eat the dry pellet food. His stance was pretty good for a little kit such as him, the only major problem being his feet positioning. His tail swished around to help him balance in this pose.
Old January 7th, 2020, 05:12 PM
~Fae of the forest~

Quote:
"O-ok.." he said watching as she went into the crouching position. He padded next to Soot and tried to copy her stance. He crouched down, and his tail twitched in excitement. This felt... natural, like I was supposed to do this. He thought to himself in comparison to when he would just eat the dry pellet food. His stance was pretty good for a little kit such as him, the only major problem being his feet positioning. His tail swished around to help him balance in this pose.
Soot found herself happily surprised at the talent of the kit."See? You're doing great already," she purred. "Just a little nudge here..." Soot nudged his feet apart. "You'll have more balance with space between them, and if you stick out your tail. Then you'll be able to sneak up on the mice with no problem."

Please click my eggs!

Old January 9th, 2020, 03:07 PM

"Impressive!" Cloud meowed with excitement as she watched Smudge. She could see that he had talent, so she chimed in.
"Make sure that once you pounce on the mouse, bite the neck kit!"
She then walked to her favorite spot, which she called 'The Prey-Rock', which was fitting for the area. It's a clearing she found on her travels, where food is plentiful in the tall grass, and a large rock in the middle. She now hoped that they would follow.

Last edited by Cloudsky; January 9th, 2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old January 11th, 2020, 07:51 PM

Whelp, Smudge didn't really know why he was being praised for standing a certain way, but he went along with it. "Thank you!" he replied to both of the mollies. He nodded at Soot's instructions, straightening out his tail and trying to keep it from twitching. He had no idea what a mouse tasted like, but he figured he would soon find out.

"Ok.." he squeaked to Cloud as he followed her to the clearing with tall grass, barely seeing the rock in the center. Maybe mice hid in grass?
@Cloudsky @ponyapan
Old January 12th, 2020, 04:09 PM

She smiled at the determined kit, and gave him instructions.
"Alright, so now that you have the stance down, you can find a few mice here. Take a good wiff of the air," She went into hunting position, opening her mouth and sneaking around the tall grass. When she caught the faint scent of mouse, she told the tom to watch her. She moved silently through the grass until she found the source. A big, plump, juicy mouse sat in the grass, eating a pumpkin seed. She quietly mewed to the kit "A mouse will see you before it hears you, so stay low to the ground." She crept up to the mouse and swiftly bit its neck.
"And that, Smudge, is how you hunt a mouse!" She meowed, nudging the mouse toward him. "Get used to the smell so you can hunt them better. You all looked hungry."
Old January 13th, 2020, 09:17 AM
~Fae of the forest~

@Cloudsky @BlueGamerGirl

Watching how Cloud hunted the mouse tickled something in the back of her mind, but couldn't place a paw on what. More importantly, she agreed that Smudge should have the mouse, the sooner the better.
"Good idea," she meowed to Cloud, before also nodding affirmatively to the kit. "You can have the mouse first, and then maybe try for you own if you'd like." Tasting the air, Soot could still sense another mice not too far away. "Of course, we have time, so no stress."

Please click my eggs!

Old January 13th, 2020, 02:23 PM

[I]She would make a good mentor in time.[I] Cloud thought to herself. Of course, she can't just say that, so she mewed "Thank you, Soot!" Then she looked over the tree line, and saw it was getting a bit dark, so she quickly commented "Oh, and make sure not to go to far! It's getting dark, and foxes like to come out at night." She half-joked.

Last edited by Cloudsky; January 13th, 2020 at 02:44 PM.