Theraphosa's Spider Den of...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:08 AM

Old April 6th, 2020, 02:48 PM
She we do not speak of

My Mood: Paranoid

Default THE GRID

Greetings, programs.

Looking for a place to commune with basics, ISOs, and Users alike? Look no further.

This is a Disney's TRON-inspired rp thread that has been posted as a teaser for my w.i.p. TRON RP site.

Before you begin, here are the rules. I looove rules. lol.

1. Programs, ISOs, and Users should only be male or female, and can only be attracted to the opposite gender if at all. This is actually canon due to the fact the Grid cannot understand anything beyond binary code. If this isn't your thing, please don't get upset. I don't want to offend anyone, but this is the canon. If you don't like the way I do things around here, please respect the other members and don't interfere. Thank you.

YEESH. Now with that out of the way...

For those of you still left, here are the other rules!

2. RP-ing as canon characters is a first-come, first-serve basis. If you want a canon role off the list that hasn't yet been taken, send me a PM with a few past roleplay experiences you have (so I can decide whether you'd be able to do so). If you would like to give up your role as a canon character, you may do so. Be sure to inform other members of this, as some may want the role! [B]Canon characters will be written up in a list below. If you have a specific canon character you would like that isn't on the list, please send me a PM and I can approve it for you.

3. Extreme violence is normal on the Grid, but ONLY inflict violence with other members' consent!

4. On the hinges of Rule 3., no sexual themes are permitted. Some users find these themes uncomfortable.

5. Please, no coarse language! This is something I see a lot of on other forums, and I know it can make certain members uncomfortable. So please, be respectful of their wishes. Thanks!

6. More of a lore thing than a forum rule, BUT:

IF YOUR CHARACTER COMMITS A CRIME, THEY WILL BE SENT TO THE GAMES. This is a huge part of the canon. While your character may perform a daring escape or be the most excellent fighter under cmdR_Paige, You MUST report to the arena unless otherwise freed from this obligation(For example: the Renegade derails the train that's transporting you and your friends!)

CURFEW IS ONLY EFFECTIVE IN ARGON! If your program resides in this city, they have an extra thing to look out for. The Renegade's activity has forced the local government to place a curfew on the Argon inhabitants. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT BREAKING CURFEW, YOU WILL BE SENT TO THE GAMES. Be careful out there!

7. Not really a rule, but it's still important.

This RP takes place after the original 1982 movie, but before TRON: Legacy. Basically the "Uprising" era, when the ISOs haven't been fully killed off yet.

Now that we've gone through the important stuff, on to the fun stuff! Here's the form for creating a custom character!

NAME: (Only Users can have last names, but they aren't required.)
SPECIES: (ISO, Basic, or User)
AGE: (Programs don't have canon ages, so just describe their age e.g. "adolescent", "young", "adult", "old", etc.)
PRIMARY FUNCTION:

APPEARANCE: (Please fill out all of these. List hair/eye/skin color, height, primary and secondary (if applicable) secondary circuitry colors, and special markings of any kind.)

LOCATION: (The city wherein your character lives. Examples: Tron City, Argon, Purgos, Gallium, Bismuth, Oxygen, and Yttrium. If no city applies, then just put N/A.)

Thanks for humoring me- you made it!!!

The list of canon characters awaiting claims will be posted after this starter...

- I left -

Last edited by cmdR_Paige; June 2nd, 2020 at 09:22 PM.
Old April 6th, 2020, 02:56 PM
She we do not speak of

Default Re: THE GRID

CANON CHARACTERS LIST

1. Kevin Flynn
2. Sam Flynn
3. CLU
4. Tron - @Beck
5. Beck - @Beck (can't turn down an opportunity to roleplay as his twin, now can he?)
6. Quorra
7. Dyson
8. Able
9. Mara
10. Zed
11. Quorra
12. cmdR_Paige @Cecily Herondale
13. cmdR_Pavel
Currently Paige, Tron, and Beck have been claimed. Here's an example of a custom character sheet (which just so happens to be my own).

NAME: Skye

SPECIES: ISO/Basic hybrid

PRIMARY FUNCTION: Data harvester

APPEARANCE: Shoulder-length blonde hair that flicks out at the ends; swooped bangs, bright green eyes, fair skin, short, white/cyan lightlines/circuitry, glasses

Hope this helps. Feel free to join when you've read all the rules!

- I left -

Last edited by cmdR_Paige; July 29th, 2020 at 09:27 PM.
Old April 6th, 2020, 02:58 PM
Smile, she said.

My Mood: Stressed

Do you have to know what the heck is going on to rp? @Skye
Old April 6th, 2020, 03:00 PM
She we do not speak of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRiverRipple View Post
Do you have to know what the heck is going on to rp? @Skye
TRON TIMELINE

1970s
Walter Gibbs creates ENCOM (July 22nd)
ENCOM becomes the worlds leading computer companies.
Kevin Flynn, one of ENCOM's brightest software engineers, codes Space Paranoids, Matrix Blaster, Vice Squad and two other high profile video games.
Ed Dillinger steals Flynn's programs and presents ENCOM with five video games that he claims as his own.
Ed Dillinger gets promoted among the ranks of ENCOM. He is later given the position of Senior Executive V.P. in the company.

Between 1978 and 1982
Unknown year dates
The Master Control Program, an administrative program that oversees ENCOM's mainframe, and its Game Grid, is developed.
Ed Dillinger, a programmer at ENCOM, secretly begins to write codes into the MCP that tells the program to steal functions from other programs.
Flynn is fired by Ed Dillinger.
Alan Bradley, a programming engineer, starts coding an independent security program (codename: "TRON") that monitors all contacts between ENCOM and other systems.
Flynn writes his best program yet (codename "Codefied Likeness Unit", or "CLU"), with the purpose of breaking into ENCOM's security systems.
Lora begins 'Matter Transform' tests using a laser that dismantles the molecular structure of objects in a process called digitization.

1980s
Flynn opens his own arcade, Flynn's (June 3rd).
Flynn uses Clu to hack ENCOM's system. Periodically, he tries reading the different mainframe's memory modules to reconstruct the file he needs as solid evidence to prove he's the one who programmed the video games.
The MCP has become 2,415 times smarter since Ed Dillinger wrote it.
Mr. Dillinger shuts down access to all Group-7 personnel. Alan is denied access to his Tron program (Sep. 22).
Lora, working together with Dr. Gibbs, finishes yet another 'digitizing' test. Her theory of a scanned U-V laser beam being superior to single pulse exposure is a success.
Flynn sets an all-time world record in 'Space Paranoids' with 999,000 points.
Alan, Flynn and Lora use a terminal from within ENCOM to forge a Group-6 access to activate Tron and use it to shut the MCP down and retrieve Flynn's evidence.
Flynn is digitized into the Game Grid by the MCP while trying to access the mainframe.
Tron derezzes the MCP with Flynn and Yori's help.
Kevin Flynn is reinstated as an employee of ENCOM and gets promoted as V.P. Creative Development.
Flynn creates a new Grid to his own specifications.
Lora Baines-Bradley resigns from ENCOM for a new job opportunity in Washington.
Flynn creates Clu 2 to watch over the Tron system in his absences.
Sam Flynn is born.
The first ISO is compiled in the Sea of Simulation.
The Grid begins to experience power failures.
Beta is compiled and trained by Tron to compete in the Game Arena.
Flynn conceives the idea of wireless networks, years ahead of their time.
Flynn publishes a book on "a digital frontier that will reshape the human condition."
Jordan Canas, architect for Hydecker Designs and Flynn's wife, dies in a car accident
Flynn retires from ENCOM to take care of Sam, leaving Alan in charge.
ISOs are suspected of sabotaging sectors on the Grid.
Clu 2 begins derezzing programs who lose in the Game Arena.
Clu 2 "prevents" the Black Guard from poisoning the Sea of Simulation.
November 1989
Flynn creates Anon, a System Monitor.
Jalen, an ISO (and partner of Radia), receives an Disc upgrade from Clu 2. He is infected with a virus that transforms him into Abraxas.
Co-systems Administrator and ISO leader, Radia, is derezzed by Abraxas.
Flynn is betrayed by Clu, and subsequently trapped in The Grid by him.
Clu's minions apparently derez Tron (but they merely wound him)
Anon defeats Abraxas.
Anon is derezzed after falling from Clu's warship, the Regulator.
Quorra is rescued in the Outlands by Flynn.
In the real world, Flynn disappears. Sam is the official shareholder of ENCOM's stock
Clu 2 commits mass genocide against the ISOs.
The ISO Wars begin.

TRON: Uprising
1989-1990s
Dyson, a security program, betrays Tron for Clu 2 efforts against the ISOs.
An injured Tron escapes the repurposing facility and goes into hiding.
General Tesler occupies Argon City.
Beck is recruited by Tron to become a defender of the Grid.
Supporters of "The Renegade" begin spreading word of Tron's survival.
Scientist Keller reverse engineers agent designed to liberate controlled programs, to create a mind control module.
Keller is derezzed by Tesler for her failures.
The Renegade's reputation is diminished by accusations of acts of terrorism.
Grandpa Flynn dies.

2000s
Grandma Flynn dies.
December 2010
Resistance fighter, Bartik is injured during an attempt to rescue renegade programs from captivity.
Sam infiltrates ENCOM and releases ENCOM OS-12 to the world, free of charge.
Sam goes to investigate a pager message from Kevin Flynn received by Alan Bradley from Flynn's.
Sam is digitized into Tron City and forced to participate in the games.
Tron overrides Clu 2's repurposing; he fails to stop Clu 2 from reaching the Portal and is seeming lost to the Sea of Simulation.
Flynn sacrifices himself to prevent Clu from entering the portal; both are derezzed in subsequent explosion.
Sam emerges from the Grid accompanied by Quorra.
Sam seizes control of ENCOM and names Alan Bradley as ENCOM's new chairman of the board.

WHEW.

- I left -

Last edited by cmdR_Paige; April 6th, 2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old April 6th, 2020, 03:08 PM
She we do not speak of

(panting) Are there any questions...?

- I left -
Old April 6th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Smile, she said.

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
(panting) Are there any questions...?
...I still don't understand?

NAME: Crystal

SPECIES: ISO

PRIMARY FUNCTION: Fighting Users....?

APPEARANCE: Long, braided pale blonde hair, white demon horns that curve upwards, white wings...?, icy blue eyes

Old April 6th, 2020, 05:25 PM
She we do not speak of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRiverRipple View Post
...I still don't understand?

NAME: Crystal

SPECIES: ISO

PRIMARY FUNCTION: Fighting Users....?

APPEARANCE: Long, braided pale blonde hair, white demon horns that curve upwards, white wings...?, icy blue eyes

I'm here to help. What are you still unclear on?

(You also don't have to join if you don't want to. I won't feel bad )

- I left -

Last edited by cmdR_Paige; April 6th, 2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old April 7th, 2020, 09:13 AM
She we do not speak of

Since most people aren't familiar with the lore of the TRON world, I'll elaborate on it a little.

I'll start with program species.

BASIC

The simplest of the programs. Basics were created by the programmer Kevin Flynn, to perform tasks on the Grid and keep it running smoothly. For example, Beck is a mechanic living in the city of Argon. He along with his friends keep the other programs' vehicles tuned up to ensure safe transportation across the Grid.

ISO

ISOs are an extremely controversial subject anywhere on the Grid. CLU and the other firewall programs view them as a virus- glitches- that "pervert the Grid". ISOs emerged from the Sea of Simulation beginning in the mid 1980s. Flynn was ecstatic- he didn't create these programs, the Grid did. He viewed them as an advancement in artificial intelligence and did what he could to conserve them. However, when Flynn returned to speak with CLU about his progress, CLU turned on him, mortally wounding Tron (the protector of the Grid). CLU went on to conquer every city on the Grid, derezzing every ISO he found. Now there are only a few left. It's unknown what kind of special abilities ISOs have, but one thing that makes them stand out from normal programs is a symbol on their upper left arm denoting their gender. [The females have a hexagon and a sideways "T", the males have a hexagon and a ">" symbol on the far right side (of the hexagon).] ISOs may also have visible circuitry on their skin, a trait Basics and Firewalls don't possess. ISO circuitry is chiefly white.

FIREWALL

Firewall programs are CLU's forces. Their circuitry is chiefly red or orange. Tesler, Paige, Pavel, and Dyson are all Firewall programs. CLU is always looking for more soldiers, so there's no limit to how many Firewall programs you can make.

USERS

Users are people from the real world that have come to the Grid. Usually this happens by accident, like when Kevin Flynn was transported into the old ENCOM system, or when his son Sam came looking for him in Legacy. However, it's possible the secret of the Grid has gotten out to some of their acquaintances.

So that should help you guys a little bit as far as character creation goes.

- I left -
Old April 7th, 2020, 10:03 AM
She we do not speak of

Here are a few words that are used exclusively on the Grid.

Energy

The sustenance of every living being (or vehicle) on the Grid. Found pure in nature in some areas of the Outlands. Glows blue, but can be processed to appear other colors. Energy is the main currency on the Grid.

Voxel(s) or "cubes" (slang)

The building blocks of a program. When a program derezzes, they shatter into pieces. These pieces are called voxels. Their color is determined by their species. (blue= basics, red = firewall, white = ISOs, etc.) Users don't have them.

Derezz, derezzed, deresolution, delete, deleted, deletion, etc.

The words programs use to describe what happens, when a program is reduced to voxels. (they also use our phrases such as "kill" or "die", these aren't taboo )

Lightcycle, lightbike, lightjet, light roadster

Examples of vehicles common on the Grid. Lightcycles are the most popular. Personal vehicles can be collapsed into handy batons, which programs can open midstride. Several of these vehicles also come with a lightstream function, which means that the rider can activate a solid, glowing "ribbon" that shoots out of the back of the vehicle to derezz pursuers.

Recognizer

http://simplywallpaper.net/pictures/...-Wallpaper.jpg

This vehicle exclusively belongs to CLU's forces. It serves as both troop transportation, and prisoner transportation (usually to the Games). It has a unique design for a flying craft.

Cycle

The Grid version of a day. Instead of 24 hours, 60 minutes an hour, sixty seconds a minute, programs use a base 10 counting system of 100 seconds a minute, 100 minutes an hour. Cycles total 10 of these "hours". Here's a table to demonstrate:

100 seconds = 1 grid minute
100 grid minutes = 1 grid hour
10 grid hours = 1 cycle
10 cycles = 1 grid week
100 cycles = 1 grid month
10 grid months = 1 grid year

- I left -

Last edited by cmdR_Paige; June 13th, 2020 at 12:07 PM.
Old April 9th, 2020, 01:41 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 1 week/48 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

@Skye Can I Roleplay cmdR__Paige? She's awesome!
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs

Last edited by nykyrian; April 9th, 2020 at 01:45 PM.