Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 04:39 PM
Now THIS is Paradise!
Last post by Quacky
Today 04:34 PM
|`Ollie's Territory`|...
Last post by GalaxyDreams
Today 04:07 PM
✩Dreamspirit Finder✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:56 PM

Old December 9th, 2017, 06:19 PM

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRiderYT View Post
Mintmist bristled with shock at his suggestion, "Leave RiverClan? How can you even think that?" She shook her head, "You may not like rules and getting ordered around, but I'm different. I need rules and orders...I could never live like you do."
She looked over him carefully. There were definitely more scars on him then when she'd seen him last. "You are being careful, aren't you."
She hesitated before answering his question, "I've been doing okay. Life is pretty much the same. I'd like to have kits with some cat, but I suppose I still have plenty of time for that. I'm still young, I suppose. " She sighed, pressing her pink nose into her brother's pelt, "Prey is not scarce, but it isn't exactly plentiful either. For leaf-fall, the Clan is doing pretty well."
The tom rolled his eyes at his sister's reaction. "It was just a thought, after all, I did it, Mintmist." He mewed. "Why do you need them? Honestly, if you're smart enough, you're able to make the best out of this place, own your territory, be happy, relax." Churchill said, he then chuckled. "I am, no worries." He murmured softly in her ear. "Well, you see, I'd like to have a family too, and those mollies you see out of the clans, they are something, let me tell you that." He said with a smile, but then took on a serious expression and gazed down at her. "If I ever hear that your mate is mistreating you, whenever you'll get one, believe me, I will make sure no one sees him again." He growled, but quickly calmed down as he felt her nose in his fur, he started licking the top of her head, listening to what she had to say about prey. "Well, the difference between how long prey lasts in a clan and when a cat lives alone is that only I eat the prey I hunt, but you have to share with all the rest of the clan..." He added.

Last edited by Gone; December 9th, 2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old December 9th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Rider of Phantoms

My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven & Co View Post
The tom rolled his eyes at his sister's reaction. "It was just a thought, after all, I did it, Mintmist." He mewed. "Why do you need them? Honestly, if you're smart enough, you're able to make the best out of this place, own your territory, be happy, relax." Churchill said, he then chuckled. "I am, no worries." He murmured softly in her ear. "Well, you see, I'd like to have a family too, and those mollies you see out of the clans, they are something, let me tell you that." He said with a smile, but then took on a serious expression and gazed down at her. "If I ever hear that your mate is mistreating you, whenever you'll get one, believe me, I will make sure no one sees him again." He growled, but quickly calmed down as he felt her nose in his fur, he started licking the top of her head, listening to what she had to say about prey. "Well, the difference between how long prey lasts in a clan and when a cat lives alone is that only I eat the prey I hunt, but you have to share with all the rest of the clan..." He added.
Mintmist purred at her Churchill's comment about her future mate, but was deep in thought. Living outside the Clans was a tempting offer, as her brother made it sound. If Mintmist wasn't so focused on her Clan, she might have taken him up on his offer.
"No, Churchill, I can't! I just...I can't. I can't really explain it, I just know my destiny is with RiverClan. I...sometimes I wish I could join you. We used to be so close, but look at us now. Only meeting every once and a while...and sneaking around when we do meet. I wish you could be a part of RiverClan again...But I suppose that will never happen." She let his tongue rasp over the top of her head and closed her eyes, enjoying the comfort of her brother's fur and soft heartbeat.
"Why? Why does there have to be Clans? Why can't things just be simple?" she burst out, her claws kneading the ground in frustration.

I will be slightly less active this week due to family in town and birthday celebrations!
My Wattpad (All warrior stuff): @WarriorsBackstories
Old December 9th, 2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Mintmist purred at her Churchill's comment about her future mate, but was deep in thought. Living outside the Clans was a tempting offer, as her brother made it sound. If Mintmist wasn't so focused on her Clan, she might have taken him up on his offer.
"No, Churchill, I can't! I just...I can't. I can't really explain it, I just know my destiny is with RiverClan. I...sometimes I wish I could join you. We used to be so close, but look at us now. Only meeting every once and a while...and sneaking around when we do meet. I wish you could be a part of RiverClan again...But I suppose that will never happen." She let his tongue rasp over the top of her head and closed her eyes, enjoying the comfort of her brother's fur and soft heartbeat.
"Why? Why does there have to be Clans? Why can't things just be simple?" she burst out, her claws kneading the ground in frustration.
Churchill listened to her, no emotion in his gaze whatsoever. "I understand, but unlike you, I've made mistakes, and even if I wanted to stay in RiverClan, one day, I would've gotten bored of it, so I guess I just ended it faster by killing one of ou- your clanmates." He mewed. "Though, be happy that we're still meeting and that I haven't simply dissapeared, that would've been completely different, but I come here because there are still cats I care about, my family..." He added, ears twitching suddently, he unsheated his claws and his eyes quickly narrowed as he looked around, those claws, sharp, and they sure had taken more than one life by now, they were almost thorn-like, he quickly sniffed the air and calmed back down... It was only prey. "Because someone chose so, we'll just never know who..." The tom mewed, placing his paw atop of hers. "Calm down." He said with a serious tone.
Old December 9th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Rider of Phantoms

Quote:
Churchill listened to her, no emotion in his gaze whatsoever. "I understand, but unlike you, I've made mistakes, and even if I wanted to stay in RiverClan, one day, I would've gotten bored of it, so I guess I just ended it faster by killing one of ou- your clanmates." He mewed. "Though, be happy that we're still meeting and that I haven't simply dissapeared, that would've been completely different, but I come here because there are still cats I care about, my family..." He added, ears twitching suddently, he unsheated his claws and his eyes quickly narrowed as he looked around, those claws, sharp, and they sure had taken more than one life by now, they were almost thorn-like, he quickly sniffed the air and calmed back down... It was only prey. "Because someone chose so, we'll just never know who..." The tom mewed, placing his paw atop of hers. "Calm down." He said with a serious tone.
Mintmist's eyes misted over, "I know, I know. It just isn't fair... I miss you so much! I miss being able to talk to you freely. But I know that you would have left no matter what. Your heart lies beyond RiverClan and mine lies within." She flicked her tail, desperately thinking of something she could talk about with her brother. She didn't want to leave him so soon, "Any mollies standing out to you?" She asked teasingly.

I will be slightly less active this week due to family in town and birthday celebrations!
Old December 9th, 2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Mintmist's eyes misted over, "I know, I know. It just isn't fair... I miss you so much! I miss being able to talk to you freely. But I know that you would have left no matter what. Your heart lies beyond RiverClan and mine lies within." She flicked her tail, desperately thinking of something she could talk about with her brother. She didn't want to leave him so soon, "Any mollies standing out to you?" She asked teasingly.
"I miss you too, but I prefer to make my decisions, be free and all that stuff." Churchill said, shaking his head at her question. "Not really, they're mostly scared of me." He admitted, he then met her gaze. "Any tom in sight?" He asked with a smirk, he liked teasing his sister, he always did. "With you always being around camp, I wouldn't be surprised." He added teasingly.
Old December 10th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Rider of Phantoms

Quote:
"I miss you too, but I prefer to make my decisions, be free and all that stuff." Churchill said, shaking his head at her question. "Not really, they're mostly scared of me." He admitted, he then met her gaze. "Any tom in sight?" He asked with a smirk, he liked teasing his sister, he always did. "With you always being around camp, I wouldn't be surprised." He added teasingly.
Mintmist purred, fur fluffing up in embarrassment, "The only tom I ever even talk to is you!"
She sighed, letting her fur lie flat, "It's funny, sometimes I feel like the toms are afraid of me too. Not because of you!" She quickly added, in case he got the wrong idea, "But because of me. I can be a little...Well, not likeable at times. I put my Clan above every cat and I treat cats that aren't in RiverClan like crowfood. What if I've scared away my soulmate? If there even is such a thing..."

Old December 10th, 2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Mintmist purred, fur fluffing up in embarrassment, "The only tom I ever even talk to is you!"
She sighed, letting her fur lie flat, "It's funny, sometimes I feel like the toms are afraid of me too. Not because of you!" She quickly added, in case he got the wrong idea, "But because of me. I can be a little...Well, not likeable at times. I put my Clan above every cat and I treat cats that aren't in RiverClan like crowfood. What if I've scared away my soulmate? If there even is such a thing..."
Churchill gazed at her and chuckled at her reaction. "Though I'm pretty sure you got your eye on someone to react like that." He teased. "I guess it runs in the family..." He added and licked the top of her head once more. "Well, there are so many cats out there for you, you just need to find the good one, if you 'scared' it away, it's because it isn't your soulmate." He added.
Old December 10th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Rider of Phantoms

Quote:
Churchill gazed at her and chuckled at her reaction. "Though I'm pretty sure you got your eye on someone to react like that." He teased. "I guess it runs in the family..." He added and licked the top of her head once more. "Well, there are so many cats out there for you, you just need to find the good one, if you 'scared' it away, it's because it isn't your soulmate." He added.
The corners of Mintmist maw twitched upward as she buried her muzzle into his fur even more, "Thank you, Churchill, you always make me feel better. You had better stay safe. I don't know what I'd do if you got badly hurt."

Old December 10th, 2017, 12:22 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Swallowheather had suggested a game out of pure fun. Just for the four of them to get to know each other. The game was supposed to be innocent. Something to connect by...but, oh no. Here comes Cardinalflash with his ideas. It wasn't ridiculously a stupid idea. A couples game, though? Then, the brightly colored Tom had the nerve to come near her. Swallowheather’s hues flashed out of amusement, and surprisingly she let out an awkward giggle. “Well, you could call it a couples game,” she half-lidded her eyes while giving the brightly colored tom a glance of her attention. But, not much of it as she quickly turned to the other two cats. Giving them one of her fascinating smiles, she seemed to take on the expression that she was admiring the both of them. From the dark pelted tom, to her silver pelted sister. Now, Swallowheather wasn't the sneaky kind. She didn't come up with brilliant plans, and personally she could be somewhat of an easy book to read. At least, to Minnowblossom she was as transparent as the clear blue sky. But, to others? That would mean she was very opaque. “It does involve a pair, but it's most certainly not a couples game,” Swallowheather added, later, tilting her head towards the sky for a moment. She was in her deep thoughts, her head swiveling from one way to the other. For Swallowheather, the game had to be a competition. What was a game without one? She needed to feel the wind blowing her fur messily in each way. She just needed to…move. Staying in place was not ideal for this molly. A race would be the excellent game to get her stamina pumped, but to her it wasn't the type of game to get to know the brothers. More so, for her own sister than for herself. Perhaps, Swallowheather did like Cardinalflash…only not in the matter he would appreciate. Swallowheather saw him as a potential good friend. He was excellent company. Very humorous. And, excessively...conceited? Maybe, if that was the word she was looking for.

It was then when Cardinalflash asked her what her idea was. Swallowheather tried to recall a game similar to what Minnowblossom and herself played when they were apprentices. Swallowheather glanced around the area - rocks! Were there rocks around here? This was Riverclan, obviously the place had to have rocks near the shores, right? Little pebbles outlined the river, and the river was the perfect hoop for these little stones. Then, she looked around for another idea. Aside from the stones, how could she ensure the game would be fun for all of them to enjoy? Swallowheather loved skipping stones. She enjoy shooting them as far as she could and watch the water splash every which way. It was then that she came up with the idea of a -

When had Cardinalflash got so close to her? Interrupted from her creativity, Swallowheather giggled loudly at feeling the softness of a feathered tail lightly brushing her back. It caught her off guard, and when she realized it was Cardinalflash...making his advances, Swallowheather swatted a paw at him. “Don't be such a fishbrain, silly.” The feline didn't take Cardinalflash flirtatious behavior serious. A flirty cat must had many flirty back up plans, and quite frankly Swallowheather didn't see herself falling for such. Besides the point that the emotion of love was just too powerful and intimidating for the pretty cat. Her mind ran circles around it, and refused to get caught in its desirous, intricately woven webs. Swallowheather was the type to play Cupid when it came to others relationships, and never pay heed to her own. She was as blind as a bat, as most would say when she turned down some of the most gorgeous toms in the clan. Like she was doing with this sly one. In fact, Swallowheather simply pushed him away in a gentle manner from her. “Haven't you heard of personal space, C-Flash? I do need a little room to breathe, y’know.” Her voice held much mirth, her eyes twinkling at said joke coming from her. If she's known any better, she would have to admit that he must had been quite smitten to her. But, since her mind only comprehended so many things, excluding whatever Cardinalflash was up to, the though easily brushed out of her mind and drifted off with the wind.

It was then that she turned to the other two cats that were waiting for her to release a fun activity that the four of them could do. Swallowheather suggested, “I propose a competition!” Her eyes gleamed, blinking slowly as she smiled at her sister, “A team of two!” Oh, boy! That spark in her optics. It was no doubt that the fire was building up. Suddenly, the she cat bounced up, like a little kit excited to leave the nursery for the first time. Forget about the skipping stone - this girl wanted war. Of course, a little mild battle. One that wouldn't cause any harm to any of them. But, maybe this game could help the other two open up a bit. Being mindful, Swallowheather provided a sweet look towards Minnowblossom and Jaywhisper “Let’s have a mineral fight! Jaywhisper and Minnowblossom versus Cardinalflash and me.” She stated, a proud smile placed on her maw. Swallowheather stole a quick glance at her soon-to-be partner. She wanted to team up with her sister, but this game was meant to get to know their opposites. Desperately, Swallowheather wanted her to get to know this “prince charming” that seemed to be the most mysterious one of the brothers. If she could get them to work as a team, then they would be good friends, right? Swallowheather was pretty sure she could handle the other brother. Cardinalflash wasn't that hard to tame, but even if this was supposed to be a friendly competition, Swallowheather wanted to win. If he made her lose, he would have to face her wrath. On the other hand, Minnowblossom stared daggers at her -

And…it starts. Minnowblossom, no doubt, loved a good game - only with her sister. When it came to others, she didn't find any joy in the game. She didn't want to play, but she also didn't want to be left out. Being left out should had been an ordinary routine for her, but Minnowblossom could be just as fun as Swallowheather!...she could try...maybe…maybe not. She could...at least, not allow them to bring her down. Her ears perked at Jaywhisper’s voice, but she didn't say anything. When her sister proposed something with an ‘we’ Minnowblossom had no choice but to be her partner in crime. It would had been great if she gave her a little heads up though. “I could be up for a game, I suppose.” The molly shrugged, using one of her paws to claw at the ground, without looking up. Then, she quickly glared at her sister, her ears pinned down, “If I have to get in that water, then you can count me out!” She snarled. There was absolutely no way above or below the grounds she would set paw in that death abyss. She refused to swim. She had an irrational fear drowning, of water in general.

The company beside didn't seem like he wanted to be apart of the fun. Like he wanted to sit out and watch them have all the fun. Whereas, his brother bounced his attention quickly back towards her sister and away from her. Minnowblossom did not know how to feel about this. Apart of her liked the short span attention. And, apart of her was relieved when he paid it to someone else. Apart of her was envious, and the other part of her pushed it down because she truly didn't find herself caring. Cardinalflash was sugaring her sister up, trying his best to gain the attention of her, but Swallowheather had been rather aloof to his advances. She was in creative thought, no doubt looking to come up with a fun game for all of them to get to know each other. In this time, Minnowblossom found that Cardinalflash was wasting his time with her sister. Because when she did notice him, she was pushing him away, laughing off his advances. This made Minnowblossom give off a soft giggle of her own, later focusing back on what was at hand.

Minnowblossom felt her eyes jumping at the excitement her sister gave off when she suggested the Mineral game. Minnowblossom perked her ears in alarm. And, dared to witness - she smiled? It was a small etching smile, invisible to most, but it was there. “A mineral fight?” Didn't she remember that game! As kits, growing up in Riverclan, Swallowheather and Minnowblossom always loved to find the most smallest and roughest of minerals to throw at one another. It was almost like a war, like a game of paintball. It was a rough game, kinda painful, to be honest, but it was incredibly fun to her! It helped Minnowblossom perfect her stealth, and her aim. Truth be told, it was good for battle practice. The grey and white cat felt her tail lift up, brushing side to side.

Then, it ceased movement. A team game. Where she thought it would be sister and sister versus brother and brother, but nope. She was paired with...Jaywhisper. She held no disdain towards the slate pelted Tom. He was...alright, she supposed, but did he even want to play suggested game? Maybe, he also wanted to work with his brother, and plus why would Swallowheather want to be partners with Cardinalflash if he was willingly throwing himself at her on a golden platter? Minnowblossom couldn't help, but feel that her sister was being suspicipus, that she wasn't the most innocent being that many felines knew her as. Whatever it was, Minnowblossom didn't allow the rules to deter her. This game was usually for the two of them, but the more the merrier, right? A game of two, where they were to work together.

Minnowblossom tilted her head, her ears wiggling at Jaywhisper’s voice. His tone didn't sound like he was too interested in the game, because if he wasn't Minnowblossom would be paired alone. Two against one wasn't a fair idea! It wasn't like Cardinalflash would up and leave her sister’s side just to become her partner. Life didn't work that way. Minnowblossom had to work her worth, where in opposite, everything shiny and rare was handed to Swallowheather without her having to try! Calmly, Minnowblossom continued to smile, “A mineral fight is where...well, you throw rocks at each other. But, not rocks too big. A rock that is, well, the size of a mineral. It's a lot of fun, actually! It requires a lot of team work if we were to, well, you know, be in teams and all.” She paused, her thoughts clouding her mind for a moment. If they were to be in teams, they needed to look for a safe place. A mineral fight was not something you could win unless the other team forfeits. “We’ll have to find our safeplace, and have a pile of rocks ready. The game is to weaken your opponents,” Minnowblossom threw a coy glance towards her sister and Cardinalflash. She had no idea what this game would do to bring them all closer as friends, but she shrugged that away. Maybe, it would be best for them all to unwind and have a little...wild fun.
Hm. Not a couples game, huh? What was the fun in that? Cardinalflash drew back a little, his eyes sparking for just a brief moment before he returned to his old, annoying self around the other she cat. "Well, if it isn't a couples game, then I suppose I'll just have to suffer." Cue the eye roll from his brother, but Jaywhisper continued ignoring him. Swallowheather was a pretty cat, but one who was clearly not falling for the tom's so-called charms. He thought he was handsome... charming... and a good flirt! He was good at this kind of thing, right? She cats loved a funny cat, one who could laugh at themselves but be serious when they needed to. In all honesty, if his brother would open himself up a little more and be more friendly, he just might end up making better friends.

He had that type of mysterious air that was attractive to she cats, but Cardinalflash couldn't keep a mysterious air to save his life. He was always friendly and open, and he liked to talk. Sealing emotions up inside wasn't going to help at all. In the end, the only ones who could help you were those who knew what you were going through, and even they couldn't help you if they didn't know what to expect. Swallowheather's words made his eyes spark and he drew back a little, batting at her lightly with his paws just seconds later. "Fishbrain? I beg to differ, m'lady. I am no fishbrain." The way he spoke sounded almost sophisticated, but it was also missing that extra something to push it all the way. Cardinalflash was not the most sophisticated of cats. He spoke like words were nothing, like he could throw them around and they wouldn't hurt. Jaywhisper had warned him of that time and time again.

Yet he also knew the importance of picking the perfect words to form complimentary phrases, ones that would have she cats blushing and pretending they didn't notice him, while he flirted away. Flirted to his heart's content. And whether they acted like it or not, he knew the she cats loved it. She cats liked attention, and he knew enough to know they liked being the 'one and only.' Fat chance of that with Cardinalflash! He didn't have a "one and only." Which was unlucky for every she cat who set their goals for getting him, because he would brush them away when he got bored. He wasn't a particuarly cruel tom, he flirted for fun, and he tried to let she cats down pretty easily when he could. If he needed to be firm he would, but firm was not Cardinalflash's forte. He was better at just messing around until the she cat got bored also.

He curled his tail tighter around the she cat when he saw Jaywhisper glance their way, give a questioning glance, and then look away - just as Swallowheather joked about personal space. He felt a little embarrassed, but at least he was getting closer to the other she cat. She was quite soft, and he smirked back at her when she finished speaking. "Oh come now, love. You wouldn't want to slip away from me, now would you?" He asked, even though she had pushed him away. Despite his flirty words and looking as though he was going to step fowards, reclaiming the she cat as his own, he remained where he was. His eyes, however, were still fixed on her like he was starving and she was the last piece of prey on the fresh kill pile. He didn't look away. Swallowheather must be used to toms staring at her like this now, Cardinalflash was old enough to know that she was far too pretty not to have attention fixed on her. She was much too young as well. Young, pretty she cats were the type that everyone was after. Especially the toms who were new warriors and thought it was okay for them to hit on the older she cats who looked around their age.

Imagine their surprise when they found out the object of their affection was 30 moons old! Cardinalflash nearly laughed out loud, but managed to keep from doing so, his whiskers twitching in amusement instead and his eyes sparkling with pleasure. Swallowheather's cheerful voice drew him out of his thoughts and his gaze stopped being so hungry and returned to a friendly expression. "I think a competition sounds amazing!" He mewed, his voice reaching a louder octave as he grinned in a friendly manner at the pretty she cat. Despite Jaywhisper's disapproving glares, they were going to play this game. He knew his brother would prefer to stay out of things like that, he wasn't the most competitive cat, although he could be pretty tough when it came down to it.

Fighting like it was going to be the end of the world. Such an impressive cat in that sense, if he was being honest. And, when Swallowheather announced the teams would be Jaywhisper and Minnowblossom vs. himself and her, the tom's eyes gleamed in an even more friendly manner. "You're on. We're going to rock this!" He mewed with a purr. Oh well... perhaps it would work better if he just acted like a friendly cat, instead of a flirty one. Sometimes friendliness won out over flirtiness. It all depended on the she cat he was trying to flirt with, and with a she cat who was used to the lines Cardinalflash was currently giving her, friendliness was more likely to win. She would be his! And it would be hard to get bored of her, now wouldn't it?

Jaywhisper folded his ears back to protect them as his companion snarled, talking about how she wouldn't get in the water. It was an unusual trait for a RiverClan cat to carry - and Jaywhisper fought the urge to politely ask why she was in RiverClan if she was so frightened of the water - but not one that was unheard of. The tom liked a good swim, just not when the weather started getting colder. He preferred to leave that to the cats with thicker pelts then his own, even though it was harder to swim with a thick pelt. That was the good thing about having a... medium-sized pelt. It wasn't too thick, but it kept him warm. Jaywhisper thought the length of his own pelt was just perfect.

"I'm sure Swallowheather wouldn't make you swim," He spoke in a low voice, a quiet one. His voice was generally low, as opposed to Cardinalflash's. The two were polar opposites. Where Cardinalflash was a flirt, Jaywhisper was... more considerate, he supposed was the word, towards she cats. Where Cardinalflash was an extrovert, Jaywhisper was an introvert. And where Cardinalflash was charming? Jaywhisper was - well, actually, he could be charming in his own way. It was just that he didn't try to charm other cats the way his brother did. Watching his brother's attempts to get Swallowheather to notice him was getting quite irritating. It was just a small movement here, curling his tail around her, speaking in that same flirty tone that he used with any pretty she cat, and acting like he was "all that." Despite what someone might have told you, you are not as great as you think, C-Flash. That was the most annoying part about his brother.

Cardinalflash had she cats tell him he was attractive. That he was fun to be around. That he was undeniably "cool," and he'd let all that go straight to his head. There was no in between, it was either that he was acting annoying or he was calmer. Jaywhisper did love his brother, they had had some good times... there were some times that he would rather have forgotten, sure, but every family had their ups and downs! There were a few more ups then there were downs, that was the thing that kept Jaywhisper and Cardinalflash together. At the prospect of a game, Jaywhisper's ears went back once more, having gone into a more relaxed position, only to fall back into an uncomfortable one as soon as Swallowheather spoke. "I'm not really into games..." But due to the low whisper in which he spoke, he was overpowered by Cardinalflash's louder tone, saying that a game sounded amazing.

His brother knew he didn't like games! And he really knew that Jaywhisper had been trying to say something, or at least it looked that way! The tom shot him the most disapproving glance he could, shaking his head ever so slightly and trying to get Cardinalflash to call it all off. Minnowblossom drew his attention next, however, talking about a "mineral fight." It didn't sound like the worst game - however, Jaywhisper was not a huge fan of anything that involved the word "fight." He was more of the type of cat to look for a peaceful way out of things, if and when there was one. "Minnowblossom, I don't know... I don't, um, I mean..." But his voice trailed off when Cardinalflash spoke again, and his eyes flashed with annoyance. Why couldn't he just speak up and say what he meant?

Because his brother would just drown him out again, that was why. He was constantly being drowned out by something. He was too quiet, too much of a pushover, and Jaywhisper hated it that way. His ears folded back in the equivilant of pouting, but he kept his maw shut. He might as well just embrace the fact that they were about to play a game. And why shouldn't they? Perhaps it would be different then it had been... almost every other time he had attempted to play games. He was confident that they would lose, because Jaywhisper wasn't very good at anything new, and that was why his apprenticeship had taken longer then it should have. He had struggled with things. His mentor had been patient enough not to dub him as "stupid," but the other apprentices hadn't had that type of self-control.

Jaywhisper was actually very intelligent, he just had a hard time grasping new concepts. Once he knew what someone was saying, he would get it in a flash. His mentor had been proud of him, that much Jaywhisper was confident of. He was glad that his mentor had so much faith in him, because he would have been screwed if she hadn't. The tom glanced over at Minnowblossom, partly questioning if they were really going to do this. To him, it didn't seem like the best idea. Perhaps to her it sounded like a good one, but her sister had been the one to come up with it and besides, she seemed to like the idea of this... this "mineral fight." Jaywhisper did not. He wasn't sure whether or not someone was going to get hurt but if they did, he hoped it wouldn't be TOO much to offer to take them to the medicine cat's den. Some cats preferred to go altogether, but he wouldn't want everyone else's day ruined.

"So... should we go find our safeplace?" He asked. The word was new to him, he hadn't used it before. Whatever that was - it sounded like a good idea. As opposed to throwing rocks at each other.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 10th, 2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
The corners of Mintmist maw twitched upward as she buried her muzzle into his fur even more, "Thank you, Churchill, you always make me feel better. You had better stay safe. I don't know what I'd do if you got badly hurt."
Churchill purred loudly at his sister's gesture, his tail wrapped tightly around her, protectively. "It's a big brother's job, isn't it? To take care of his little sister?" He asked and nuzzled her kindly. "I don't know what I would do without you, Mintmist." He added, sighing softly.