Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"they still tell the...
by stag
Last post by stag
Today 05:12 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 05:06 PM
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Fish
Today 04:53 PM
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 04:52 PM
Rabbits belong in warrens,...
by Rani
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 04:43 PM

Old February 12th, 2024, 04:41 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |
| A brown, mottled she-cat with blue eyes |

Heroneye once more positioned herself over the stream, glaring at the water in concentration. Despite her expression, though, she was beginning to feel more at ease. The sound of running water felt very comfortable, though Heroneye figured that was only natural for a RiverClan cat such as herself. Additionally, of course, the act of keeping busy and finding food for the Clan was often effective at alleviating any Leaf-bare worries.

There! Heroneye’s shoulders tensed, and she flicked her tail subtly at the water. A minnow was slipping its way along, blissfully unaware of the two cats just a few tail-lengths away. Instinctively, she nearly dove for the prey herself before remembering that she had come for Owltalon’s guidance to begin with. I’ve messed up enough today, she thought, furrowing a brow. I ought to sit down and listen for a bit... She turned expectantly to Owltalon.
@Marigoldwhisper

`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(Btw, I freaking love your art header! Heroneye is a beautiful cat^^)

Owltalon greatly appreciated Heroneye's wisdom as she felt her blue gaze on her pelt. At least someone was willing to listen to her nonsense, even if it was just one cat.

"Ah, you've found something, good eye! Be grateful that you actually have two," she joked, flickering the tip of her tail to her blinded eye.

"Anywho, now you want to try and be as stealthy as your paws can be. Catch it by surprise! Try and scoop it up with unsheathed claws, maybe even bat at it to dry and daze the fish. But, be careful to make as little ripples as possible."

She turned her head back over to Heroneye before backing away from her in slow measured steps. She fully expected some splashes from both sides of this hunting lesson, and as much of a Riverclan cat Owltalon was, she wasn't in the mood to get clumps of ice it her fur.

"You have the stage, champ." Owltalon smiled sincerely, her voice a low crackly whisper. "Go and get yourself a fish!"

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old February 12th, 2024, 08:34 PM

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Goofy

Heroneye

Heroneye blinked a bit regretfully at Owltalon’s explanation. Of course--as before, I’ve been making far too much movement in the water. This was something she had struggled with since she was an apprentice. She used to try to imagine herself being as balanced and fleet-footed (fleet-winged?) as her namesake, but always tended to crash awkwardly into the water anyways.

She then remembered that little Heronpaw, after a particularly discouraging day, had bounded towards an unsuspecting heron, caterwauling, “I’m so sorry! I’ve failed you!” as the confused-looking bird took off (much to the embarrassment of her mentor, surely). Now, she had to bite her lip to keep from suddenly smiling at the thought; Heroneye was both amused and a little horrified at the thought of having yowled out so pitifully.

At Owltalon’s prompting, Heroneye composed herself and gave her a tight nod before turning back to the stream, eyes quickly gravitating back to the movement of the fish. She crouched down low before pouncing into the water. This time, she kept her front paws together as she went, hoping that this would help to further reduce splashing.

Fortunately, this minnow was sufficiently caught off-guard, and with a quick swipe of her paw, the fish was thrown onto solid ground to be swiftly dispatched. “Hm. That’s better,” she said, half to herself. Not perfect, but better. She took the fish and turned back to Owltalon.

(wahh thank you ^_^ there’s something about clangen’s sprites that i find really neat)
@Marigoldwhisper

Last edited by Fits; February 12th, 2024 at 10:06 PM.
Old February 13th, 2024, 03:59 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post
[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC
"No one knows how far I'll go."

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Swanberry trotted in, following Adderpaw's heels, her green eyes taking in the sights around her.

She'd never get used to the snow, never in a million years, but at least it was pretty out. From the way that the sunlight danced on frosted over leaves to the sparkling snow beneath them.

Also, seeing Adderpaw giddy was a mood boost as well. She admired her clan, she really, really did.

She stepped curiously into the undergrowth Adderpaw had lead her to. She observed it excitedly as her eyes rapidly blinked away snow.

"This place it wonderful, beautiful as well." Swanberry lifted her head and twitched her ears. She found it quite hard to smell anything, or perhaps there was nothing around at the moment.

She turned back to Adderpaw. "Do you smell anything?"

Come to think of it, she did smell faint whispers of bird.

Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

Adderpaw took a moment to taste the air for anything. She didn't see anything to start with but a scent did roll in. "Smells like a robin? Maybe a mourning dove too?" Adderpaw said trying to place the name on the scents. She wondered how many birds were gathered around. She hoped that at least if there was just two that the both of them could get it "Let's try and find them." Adderpaw murmured softly before she started to creep forwards.

The stealthy young apprentice crept forwards till they saw two birds pecking into the snow to try and find something. They were near the bushes which gave Adderpaw an idea. "Swanberry maybe we can get into those bushes then dive straight for the birds at the same time so we can both get them" The apprentice recommended.
Old February 13th, 2024, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

Heroneye blinked a bit regretfully at Owltalon’s explanation. Of course--as before, I’ve been making far too much movement in the water. This was something she had struggled with since she was an apprentice. She used to try to imagine herself being as balanced and fleet-footed (fleet-winged?) as her namesake, but always tended to crash awkwardly into the water anyways.

She then remembered that little Heronpaw, after a particularly discouraging day, had bounded towards an unsuspecting heron, caterwauling, “I’m so sorry! I’ve failed you!” as the confused-looking bird took off (much to the embarrassment of her mentor, surely). Now, she had to bite her lip to keep from suddenly smiling at the thought; Heroneye was both amused and a little horrified at the thought of having yowled out so pitifully.

At Owltalon’s prompting, Heroneye composed herself and gave her a tight nod before turning back to the stream, eyes quickly gravitating back to the movement of the fish. She crouched down low before pouncing into the water. This time, she kept her front paws together as she went, hoping that this would help to further reduce splashing.

Fortunately, this minnow was sufficiently caught off-guard, and with a quick swipe of her paw, the fish was thrown onto solid ground to be swiftly dispatched. “Hm. That’s better,” she said, half to herself. Not perfect, but better. She took the fish and turned back to Owltalon.

(wahh thank you ^_^ there’s something about clangen’s sprites that i find really neat)
@Marigoldwhisper
`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Pride surged through Owltalon and into her paws, making her a bit more giddy than usual.

"Ha! You caught it!" She exclaimed, padding over to Heroneye excitedly.

She stared at the fish for a long while, watching it flap slowly in Heroneye's jaws, it's expressionless face dazed in confusion. Oh how she loved the faces that fish made. They always looked like they were guilty of something.

Despite herself, Owltalon let out a chuckle.

"You can go ahead and bring that to the fresh kill pile, I'm sure the clan will be endlessly thankful for your catch... Or you could bury it and come back for it later, that also works."

My Art Shop!
Old February 13th, 2024, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostAmongTheStars View Post

Adderpaw

Adderpaw took a moment to taste the air for anything. She didn't see anything to start with but a scent did roll in. "Smells like a robin? Maybe a mourning dove too?" Adderpaw said trying to place the name on the scents. She wondered how many birds were gathered around. She hoped that at least if there was just two that the both of them could get it "Let's try and find them." Adderpaw murmured softly before she started to creep forwards.

The stealthy young apprentice crept forwards till they saw two birds pecking into the snow to try and find something. They were near the bushes which gave Adderpaw an idea. "Swanberry maybe we can get into those bushes then dive straight for the birds at the same time so we can both get them" The apprentice recommended.
[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"Good thinking! I'll go ahead and hide," She replied as she walked as noiselessly as she could.

Swanberry knew that her nearly white pelt was impossible to see in the snow and she took pride in that fact.

Stepping over a few fallen branches and twigs, she finally made her way to the nearby bush, it's leaves snagging relentlessly on her fur.

Swanberry tried to school her expression or her want to wince. She was a warrior, she could handle a few spiky things... Hopefully.

Grouching low in the prickly mess, she flicked her tail at Adderpaw, telling the apprentice she was ready.

Plus, bird was really her specialty, she exactly how to confuse her prey at the right moment. Fish never really did that for her. It's not that she couldn't catch the slippery things, but they were notably harder.

My Art Shop!
Old February 13th, 2024, 06:38 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post
[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"Good thinking! I'll go ahead and hide," She replied as she walked as noiselessly as she could.

Swanberry knew that her nearly white pelt was impossible to see in the snow and she took pride in that fact.

Stepping over a few fallen branches and twigs, she finally made her way to the nearby bush, it's leaves snagging relentlessly on her fur.

Swanberry tried to school her expression or her want to wince. She was a warrior, she could handle a few spiky things... Hopefully.

Grouching low in the prickly mess, she flicked her tail at Adderpaw, telling the apprentice she was ready.

Plus, bird was really her specialty, she exactly how to confuse her prey at the right moment. Fish never really did that for her. It's not that she couldn't catch the slippery things, but they were notably harder.
Adderpaw

Adderpaw slinked towards the bush as quietly as she could towards the bush. She shot a glance towards Swanberry and saw that her pelt got caught on the leaves. A part of Adderpaw wondered if it hurt but it seemed like the warrior didn't care. They must be pretty tough!

Once Adderpaw was in position she looked to Swanberry and saw that she was ready so with a nodded Adderpaw lunged out. She went for the mourning dove and landed her claws on the wing of the bird. While this grounded the bird it made Adderpaw pity the beast. She quick pressed her paw on the bird before using a quick bite to end the bird. That could have been cleaner but she managed to kill it that is all that mattered.
Old February 13th, 2024, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostAmongTheStars View Post

Adderpaw

Adderpaw slinked towards the bush as quietly as she could towards the bush. She shot a glance towards Swanberry and saw that her pelt got caught on the leaves. A part of Adderpaw wondered if it hurt but it seemed like the warrior didn't care. They must be pretty tough!

Once Adderpaw was in position she looked to Swanberry and saw that she was ready so with a nodded Adderpaw lunged out. She went for the mourning dove and landed her claws on the wing of the bird. While this grounded the bird it made Adderpaw pity the beast. She quick pressed her paw on the bird before using a quick bite to end the bird. That could have been cleaner but she managed to kill it that is all that mattered.
[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

The lean warrior leaped through the bush swiftly, trying her best to ignore how it painfully ripped out strands of fur. She'd definitely feel that in the morning.

Without wasting anymore time, she made sure to dive downwind, so that the bird couldn't smell her coming even if it might've heard her.

Forcing all of her weight onto her forepaws, she landed on the birds wings, completely grounding it and sending a sharp CRACK! through the frosty air.

Just to be certain that it was completely dead, she bent her head down and bit down on its neck, her jaws full of feathers.

She spat some out and wiggled her nose. That would have to be her least favorite part about hunting.

Her green eyes searched for the familiar silhouette of Adderpaw. She smiled at the apprentice, quite proud of their catch.

"Fwreat! Nowfff, wef haffe enougffff... For thaf clan." Wow. She sounded like a drowning cat who'd just been left out to dry for too long. Perhaps she hadn't gotten all of the feathers out...

My Art Shop!
Old February 13th, 2024, 07:33 AM

Status: marinette will always be my favorite miraculous character.
Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Queenly

RiverClan Re: RiverClan Territory

v Mentions v
@Catherine - Marigoldleap
@RoboPrism - Mothcrash

Birchbranch
Lyrebird's Lullaby [ ACTIVE ]
RiverClan Warrior - 29 Moons

____

Birchbranch stalked swiftly into the Territory, glancing back to make sure that her patrolmates - Marigoldleap and Mothcrash - were following her.

''Be careful. There may be foxes. There have been a lot of 'em recently,'' The warrior explained.

''I want no injuries, of course.''

Birchbranch's ear twitched. ''Fadingsun never told us which herbs to look for, so we're going to each collect two different herbs.''

The she-cat turned to her Clanmates. ''Mothcrash, I want you to look in the trees for cobwebs and alder bark. I'm sure that whoever RiverClan's next Medicine Cat is will need them. Make sure that you're careful up there.''

Birchbranch then looked at Marigoldleap.

''I want you searching the territory for juniper and marigold. And,'' Birchbranch added on quickly, not letting neither cat protest.

''I will look for watermint and thyme around the riverbank.''

(Since Mothcrash will be falling out of a tree into the river's rapid currents, I specifically put Birchbranch at the riverbank as she will be the cat to save him. Catherine, Robo and I have discussed this. If you'd like, however, Marigoldleap can run back to camp to have her warn Fadingsun and Birdsnow that Birchbranch is bringing home a nearly drowned Mothcrash and some herbs.)

Last edited by vellichor; February 18th, 2024 at 10:48 PM.
Old February 13th, 2024, 08:58 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Dusklion
She/her | 25 moons | RiverClan Warrior
[ Shadow Fiend • Go with the Flow • Beefed Up T3 ]
It was rare these days that the dark tabby ever had a moment to herself, but when Dusklion found that there was nothing for her to do, her paws became restless. First she had inspected the camp dens for any breakage or patches that could be fixed. Nothing that stood out much to her so she had instead decided to slip out into the territory - on the hunt for both prey and herbs.

With the frost nearly almost gone and the chill in the air not as bad as it once had been, it was easier to traverse the marshy territory that she had called home now for the last thirteen moons. Dusklion let her senses guide her, stepping over small puddles and leaping over fallen branches. It was as easy as breathing to her, the scents and sounds all familiar. Ears perking at the noise a little further up the way, the dark tabby slunk into a hunting position - soon enough, she caught up to a small vole and made quick work of killing it.

She buried it before continuing on with her search. Prey wasn't the only thing she wanted to bring home; herbs would also be important. A grin flashed across her face as she thought of the two late apprentices in the den helping. In all honestly she had expected Marigoldleap to step up into the position, but lately she couldn't recall seeing her in the den doing much healing. Minkpaw and Cobwebpaw on the other hand were proving to made a dedicated team. The Clan's next medicine cats, perhaps?

Lost in thought Dusklion didn't notice the spiky plant until she nearly tripped over it. Scrambling back up to her paws the dark tabby examined the almost withered purple flowers, trying to remember where she knew it from. Giving a shrug the she-cat set to work digging away at the frost, wanting to collect the whole plant incase every part of it was crucial. Once she was done with the first, she uncovered the second next to it and harvested them both.

Turning around now with the (unknown to her, burdock root) in her jaws - trying to ignore the bitter taste - Dusklion retrieved her vole as well and started to head back towards camp. Just as she was nearing the entrance a flash of yellow caught her eyes. She veered off the path and went to investigate, finding a patch of two yellow flowers that had oddly downward-shaped bulbs. "Never seen those before," she murmured to herself after setting her current carries down. Nonetheless she scooped them from the ground and added them to her collection.

With a flick of her tail Dusklion gathered up her catch - a vole, and four plants she didn't know about but hoped they had some medicinal uses - and headed back into camp.

[ +1 vole, +2 burdock roots, +2 yellow bells ]

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse
Old February 13th, 2024, 09:08 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Unpredictable

Treestripe quietly sat watching the trees and grass as they swayed softly in some wind. His eyes closed softly as he thought of his friends, those he had lost. He let out a low sigh and made his way down the hillside he was on to go for a brief hunt.