Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Sedgewater Valley
by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 06:06 AM
Roaring Cliffs...
by taillow
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 05:52 AM
The Caduceus Family adopts...
by Rani
Last post by blxze.
Today 05:48 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Minkuu
Today 05:47 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by AmberPrisma
Today 05:33 AM

Old December 21st, 2017, 02:53 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
“We’ll see,” Rainpelt said noncommittally. Not long after, the willow was in sight. Sge stopped about five tail lengths from the tree and turned to her apprentice. “Alright, show me what you’ve learned so far,” said Rainpelt, her tail thumping against the ground as she waiting.
Runningpaw did as they were told without a reply, stepping quickly towards the water, it was shallow and slow moving, this would be the type of water to freeze first if it got cold enough. they sat down where their shadow wouldn’t fall over the water and made sure their tail was behind them. They lifted a single paw into the air and waited, keeping as still as they could while squinting down to watch for any fish to swim underneath them so they could scoop it out onto the river bank. They saw a silver glimmer of a fish inching closer to them but something else caught their attention. A small bug skipping across the water, causing small ripples to be sent out by its limbs. They were trying to stay focused on the fish, but the kit inside them took over and they leapt after the bug. The water splashed up around them, scaring the surrounding fish off. It was freezing, covering Runningpaw’s fur and causing them to shiver. The water was up to their stomach, the gentle current pushing their fur. Their ears pinned down on their head as they realized what they had done, turning around slowly to give a nervous smile to their mentor.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old December 21st, 2017, 05:42 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCat View Post
(sorry it took so long! been a super crazy week!)

Lighstream smiled at the tom as his face went through the motions. She loved everything about him, even if she wasn't sure in what way. The look of uncertainty in his eye when he told her about his promotion to leader make her heart skip a beat. Pride swelled in her heart as he unintentionally gave her some of the best news she had ever heard. "Leader? You must be kidding me. Fallenstream, that's amazing!" She walked up to him and licked his muzzle, her head feeling like a mother to kit who had just become an apprentice. She stepped back and smiled, the urge to spill all of her secrets to him steadily increasing. She looked down at her paws, juggling uncertainty.
( bumpies @starfall
I know your busy so just reply whenever you can <3 )
Old December 21st, 2017, 08:26 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Runningpaw did as they were told without a reply, stepping quickly towards the water, it was shallow and slow moving, this would be the type of water to freeze first if it got cold enough. they sat down where their shadow wouldn’t fall over the water and made sure their tail was behind them. They lifted a single paw into the air and waited, keeping as still as they could while squinting down to watch for any fish to swim underneath them so they could scoop it out onto the river bank. They saw a silver glimmer of a fish inching closer to them but something else caught their attention. A small bug skipping across the water, causing small ripples to be sent out by its limbs. They were trying to stay focused on the fish, but the kit inside them took over and they leapt after the bug. The water splashed up around them, scaring the surrounding fish off. It was freezing, covering Runningpaw’s fur and causing them to shiver. The water was up to their stomach, the gentle current pushing their fur. Their ears pinned down on their head as they realized what they had done, turning around slowly to give a nervous smile to their mentor.
Rainpelt watched with a stern and stoic air as her apprentice crept up the the bank of the stream. He watched for shadows, he kept his tail back, and he stood as still as a stone as he waited for a target for his practiced paw. She was just beginning to feel the faintest hint of pride when she witnessed the very moment when her apprentice lost focus and went splashing into the stream. She heaved a sigh as he flashed her a grin, from a sopping wet muzzle. "Another bug, Runningpaw?" she asked. It wasn't the first time he'd lost focus mid hunt. The grey spotted warrior kept her temper and took a long slow breath. "This spot won't be any good for some time. Let's head upsteam a ways," she said, standing and beginning to pad off that way.

Old December 21st, 2017, 08:50 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounce View Post
@Charmer

The moon had begun its nightly trek across the sky, leaving the first few shining stars in its wake. Silver light sifted down, shining bright on the rippling water of the river below. A silver tabby lay on a rocky overhang, soaking up the last few minutes of warmth the day had left. At his side lay the glistening remains of his dinner; a small pile of shells. A few more remained, he had gathered too many, it seemed.

This was a strange place. Far different than the wooden boards and sandy shores that made up his home. The scent of fish and salt still hung heavy in the air, that much was comforting. But there were other scents too. The sleek tom licked his paw and ran it over his ears, pondering them. Damp earth, small warm-blooded things, the stale scent of two-legs. And cats. Plenty of cats.

Watch had spent the past few nights on the shore, where the river fed the sea, tasting that cat-scent on the wind. Yet, he had never seen any cat down this far river. His curiosity had gotten the better of him and he had decided to spend today exploring up-river, unknowingly crossing into RiverClan territory. Tonight, the wind blew from the sea. The familiar tang of salt clung to the roof of his mouth, and there he bathed, unknowing that he would soon not be alone.
(Looks great!)

Rainpelt glided along the bank of the stream, her silver and spotted pelt blending into the darker stones scattered at the edge of the stream. She wasn't hunting, she was just taking in the territory by moonlight. She'd had a full day. She'd dealt with her apprentices ridiculous shenanigans, and done her warrior duty to keep her clan fed and healthy. Starclan was surely beaming down at her with approval in their eyes. But her mind was restless. Ever since she starting mentoring that Runningpaw, she'd found herself constantly on the verge of bristling in rage. Why did he have to be the way he way? Starclan had given him the body of a tom! What right did he have to squander that with ridiculous demands that his clanmates call him "they"? Could he not just be content with the way he was? She had! She had made it work! He didn't understand how lucky he was to have been born a tom! Rainpelt's thoughts came to a screeching hault as a scent drifted toward her from the direction of the sea, a scent she recognized at once as a non-clan cat. And it was close. Within the border for sure. Her hackles raised at once and a growl escaped her throat as she prowled onward, the scent growing more prominent as she stalked. Up ahead, she spotted him. A tom from the looks of it. And he hadn't even bothered to hide, he was sitting out in the open on a stone, just staring off into space. With a rumble in her throat, she approached. "You are trespassing. This is Riverclan territory," she hissed, her head lowered and her ears flattened as her blue eyes stared, savage and unblinking, as the tom. "Leave now before I make you," she threatened, unsheathing her claws.

Old December 21st, 2017, 08:55 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

There was no place more secret that the territory with a little chance of being found when the territory was so huge and vast. So she was glad to follow the small medicine cat out of the den. “Oh. Of course that’s fine” she meowed, truthfully she was pretty exhausted from the hunt earlier but she wasn’t going to complain. It was rare for her to just get out and get some fresh air, maybe explore and just talk. Not to mention the kitten boom she was struggling to find places to eat or simply lounge alone anymore.

Once they were a few fox lengths out of the camp she settled across from juniper, at first watching her dig and thinking up a few ways of sparking up a conversation about her concerns. Than after a few minutes of watching she dug her paws deep into the soil pulling out a pile so it was out of junipers way as she busily worked away at the whole. When she asked why she had come, Daisyshade felt her body slightly tense.

You were supposed to trust a medicine cat and believe that they should know what’s the best for you. Maybe that was physically what about mentally? With a contemplative huff she rubbed her paw across her temple trying to calm her buzzing nerves. “I’m… I’m… “ she paused catching her breath despite not having talked much. She hung her head and stood up pacing in an oval trying to calm herself and not panic. “Its. It’s the idea of starting a family” she paused. She turned back around and faced the medicine cat. “It was a few moons before the gathering… the night that the Dusk sydndicate attacked”

she meowed sitting back down and curling her tail nervously by her flank. “It was between those events that we had discussed starting a family… After some negotiation we had decided that maybe- we were ready for it” bile rose in her throat and suddenly her eyes began to water. She didn’t looked scared she looked concerned to the point of tears. She wiped her eyes with a paw and settled back down after a few heavy breaths.

“I was so sure at the time that I was ready for it. I was so sure I wanted a family and that’s how my life was supposed to go… growing old with tumblestep with kits growing into warriors. Now I’m not to sure” she said with a sigh under her breath. She leaned over the while juniper had made and started to push the pile in not making eye contact with juniper despite not asking if she could. Once it was in she pushed a pile of dirt forward but didn’t start to bury it. “I know I could tell him anything… But I was sure that if I did tell him I was scared or having second thoughts he would worry and he would start having second thoughts too”
Juniperpaw paused as Daisyshade started, wondering where the conversation was going. Why did the desperate feline come to her - merely a seven moon old medicine cat apprentice - when it came to families? As a medicine cat, she was forbidden to start a family which was honestly quite saddening, but Juniperpaw was aware that she wasn't particularly interested in becoming a mate nor a mother. And she was just barely out of the nursery, and could probably be considered a kit to anyone who didn't know who she was. However, Juniperpaw was also wise beyond her moons. She had tons of experience from everything she's been through. Though she rarely put her serious side on display, it was not nonexistent. Juniperpaw could be serious and wise when hard times called for it; she simply preferred to have a good time by being fun and upbeat. What's that saying again? Ignorance is bliss.

Now was one of those times to recall any wisdom Juniperpaw had. A full-grown feline was coming to her for advice. She sure as hell was not going to screw this up. She appreciated Daisyshade's support with the digging, and thanked the she-cat with a thankful nod. Juniperpaw took a moment to glance up at Daisyshade, finding the warrior nearly in tears. Sympathy flooded the apprentice, who decided to let the other she-cat maintain her dignity by acting as if she had not seen her tearing up. Juniperpaw carefully gripped the leaf-wrap between her jaws, holding it over the hole where she let it drop. She began to fill the hole with the fresh dirt surrounding it.

``Tumblestep - he's the scrawny fellow, yes? The one who seems to be afraid of everything? He seems like someone who would think things over many times. He also seems like a follower, not a leader. Daisyshade, I'm afraid you must be strong for Tumblestep. Of course, share your feelings and thoughts with him, but continuously remind him that you are there for him. As long as he has someone to lean on, he'll be okay.`` Juniperpaw paused briefly, using the moment of silence to pat down the dirt that now buried the leaf-wrap. She rocked back on her haunches, looking up at the older feline with a serious expression. ``In all honesty, if you have second thoughts about something, so will he. At least... I believe he will, based off what I've observed of him. He cares about you, and won't make you do anything you don't want to. Of course he'll hold back on something - like starting a family - if you're not sure about it. He won't force you into it, I'm sure.``

``Now, if you do start a family, don't do it now, okay? With leaf-bare just around the corner, kits will have a rough time surviving. Plus, I've barely been trained. I don't think I can help you very much during kitting. Though, many she-cats have a successful kitting, even without the medicine cat present. I just warn you - not during leaf-bare. Herbs are scarce, as is prey, and kits rarely survive the cold season. And it'll give you a chance to think over what you want. I mean, do you want this family? Does Tumblestep genuinely want this? How will you two be as parents? There's a lot to talk about, Daisyshade, and I'm telling you right now, you'd best get on it. You and Tumblestep have so much to discuss,`` Juniperpaw purred teasingly. ``Whatever you two decide, I'm happy for you.``

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; December 21st, 2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 12:12 AM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Rainpelt watched with a stern and stoic air as her apprentice crept up the bank of the stream. He watched for shadows, he kept his tail back, and he stood as still as a stone as he waited for a target for his practiced paw. She was just beginning to feel the faintest hint of pride when she witnessed the very moment when her apprentice lost focus and went splashing into the stream. She heaved a sigh as he flashed her a grin, from a sopping wet muzzle. "Another bug, Runningpaw?" she asked. It wasn't the first time he'd lost focus mid hunt. The grey spotted warrior kept her temper and took a long slow breath. "This spot won't be any good for some time. Let's head upstream a ways," she said, standing and beginning to pad off that way.
Runningpaw jumped back onto the bank, shaking the water from their fur. “Yeah, sorry Rainpelt.” They were sincere with their apology, knowing they did this too many times for an apprentice their age. They walked alongside their mentor quietly, occasionally looking over at the other to see her expression. “Are you mad? It’s okay if you are, I’d totally understand. I’m pretty sure you are, you seem mad. I don’t want you to be mad, though...” They stopped themselves from talking before they rambled on more. They were mad at themselves, they had already messed up, they were soaking wet and cold, and they had probably disappointed their mentor. They wanted to sit down and dry off but they knew they should make up for their mistakes and catch extra prey, so they moved on forward upstream with determination instead of feeling bad for themselves more.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old December 22nd, 2017, 05:00 PM
Curious Kitten

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
(Looks great!)

Rainpelt glided along the bank of the stream, her silver and spotted pelt blending into the darker stones scattered at the edge of the stream. She wasn't hunting, she was just taking in the territory by moonlight. She'd had a full day. She'd dealt with her apprentices ridiculous shenanigans, and done her warrior duty to keep her clan fed and healthy. Starclan was surely beaming down at her with approval in their eyes. But her mind was restless. Ever since she starting mentoring that Runningpaw, she'd found herself constantly on the verge of bristling in rage. Why did he have to be the way he way? Starclan had given him the body of a tom! What right did he have to squander that with ridiculous demands that his clanmates call him "they"? Could he not just be content with the way he was? She had! She had made it work! He didn't understand how lucky he was to have been born a tom! Rainpelt's thoughts came to a screeching hault as a scent drifted toward her from the direction of the sea, a scent she recognized at once as a non-clan cat. And it was close. Within the border for sure. Her hackles raised at once and a growl escaped her throat as she prowled onward, the scent growing more prominent as she stalked. Up ahead, she spotted him. A tom from the looks of it. And he hadn't even bothered to hide, he was sitting out in the open on a stone, just staring off into space. With a rumble in her throat, she approached. "You are trespassing. This is Riverclan territory," she hissed, her head lowered and her ears flattened as her blue eyes stared, savage and unblinking, as the tom. "Leave now before I make you," she threatened, unsheathing her claws.
Watch did not flinch at the she-cat's approach, nor at the hiss in her voice. His silver ears pricked froward and he turned his amber eyes to her. No, what startled him was her eyes. They held within their blue the depths of the the Great Ocean and flashed with the lightening of her storms. Watch tilted his head curiously, his tail flicking. Clearly she was mad about something more than his presence.

"Must you?" He mewed, holding her stare, "I've caused you no harm. Surely I can enjoy the river a little while longer?"
Old December 24th, 2017, 12:53 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Runningpaw jumped back onto the bank, shaking the water from their fur. “Yeah, sorry Rainpelt.” They were sincere with their apology, knowing they did this too many times for an apprentice their age. They walked alongside their mentor quietly, occasionally looking over at the other to see her expression. “Are you mad? It’s okay if you are, I’d totally understand. I’m pretty sure you are, you seem mad. I don’t want you to be mad, though...” They stopped themselves from talking before they rambled on more. They were mad at themselves, they had already messed up, they were soaking wet and cold, and they had probably disappointed their mentor. They wanted to sit down and dry off but they knew they should make up for their mistakes and catch extra prey, so they moved on forward upstream with determination instead of feeling bad for themselves more.
Rainpelt padded on, her pace unwavering as her apprentice prattled on, apologizing and jabbering. “I’m not mad,” she said, keeping her voice level and low. “I am concerned because leafbare is coming and missing out on prey may cost the clan later. There’s a time to play and s time to work, and as a warrior, you’ll need to know the difference.” Her lecture complete, Rainpelt weaved closer to the bank again toward a wider part of the stream where reeds grew between smooth stones, visible at the bottom of the clear water. “We’ll try here next.”

Old December 24th, 2017, 02:42 AM

A strange looking cat that appeared to be barely older than a kit stumbled into the RiverClan Territory. He crouched low to the ground and surveyed the area for food. It had been a while since he had eaten last and his irregular diet had begun to take its toll on his physique. One could clearly see this cat was starving by the way its pelt seemed to wrap around its ribs. Nevertheless the cat still had enough strength to take a small fish and run if it had to. This place had to have some food somewhere, as it seemed to be a community. Stripes just had to keep sneaking around the area until he found something to eat.
Old December 24th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounce View Post
Watch did not flinch at the she-cat's approach, nor at the hiss in her voice. His silver ears pricked froward and he turned his amber eyes to her. No, what startled him was her eyes. They held within their blue the depths of the the Great Ocean and flashed with the lightening of her storms. Watch tilted his head curiously, his tail flicking. Clearly she was mad about something more than his presence.

"Must you?" He mewed, holding her stare, "I've caused you no harm. Surely I can enjoy the river a little while longer?"
Rainpelt’s rage wavered as the tom spoke to her. He wasn’t afraid, he was calm and as he stared back at her with his amber eyes, there was a quiet peace about him. Unlike the chaos in her own mind, his was as steady and calm as the babbling of the river he sat beside. Rainpelt knee full well that the warrior code demanded she chase off invaders from their territory. But this cat had taken no fish from what she could see. He appeared to be just... sitting there. “Fine,” she said at last, reluctantly. “But you’ll take no prey and you won’t return. I’ll escort you to the border when you’re done with...whatever it is you’re doing.” She kept her claws unsheathed as she spoke, and sat on her haunches while she waited, her tail thumping impatiently.