Today 05:16 AM

Old January 3rd, 2024, 09:38 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post

[ Apologies for the deylayed response. Also i had no idea how wild would react so sorry not sorry. ]

Wildtwist
ThunderClan Hornet

Wildtwist turned his head in suprise at the apprentice's question. He sat down and turned to wolfpaw. "Whatya mean, bud? It's okay to be afraid. Sometimes, even I get scared," he said softly, gazing near the pond. "I was almost killed here, and I was afraid then. But what matters is that we don't let it decide what to do." He attempted to give wolfpaw a playful nudge. "if ya want, I can teach you some things I do ta help me," leaf offered his companion
".." Wolfpaw was quiet, for a moment. Contemplating. "I don't like being here, 'cause it reminds me of nearly dying. I don't trust the fishcats to not try that again." They were like an invisible, giant enemy - indestructible, powerful. Undefeatable.

Wildtwist's nudge refocused his attention, and he blinked at the Hornet. "What do you do?"

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old January 3rd, 2024, 01:49 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Bumblestar let Asterpaw strike her without moving. One of these days she'd pull a fast one on him and teach him how to get going in a split second, but for now she just wanted him to get the basics down. That was the important part.

"Good. Keep your limb a little closer to your body so you don't leave yourself too open to retaliation, and in a fight you'll want to put a lot more force behind it than that, so you can actually do some damage, but this is a good start."

She took a moment to drop into a stretch, ensuring her legs were good and loose. "Now I want you to use it. You feeling up to a brief spar?"

*-Asterpaw-*
45/100
he/him || 10moons || go with the flow: inactive, ultimate predator
Lanky, flame point siamese with heterochromatic eyes

Upon receiving feedback, Aster nodded. More force in a real fight, keep his paw closer to his body so there's less room for retaliation. Alright. Sounds... um... doable? He's never thought so hard about his moves or his techniques when fighting. That one time he fought a baby raccoon for food when he was still making his way to ThunderClan had felt more like he was just flaining his limbs around. He'd never imagined there'd be so much structure and technique.

"Okay," Aster agrees, setting his brows and trying to feel some amount of confidence. He's not sure how well this will go - Bumblestar is clan leader after all, she's wickedly strong and could probably kill him in one bite like he's nothing more than prey. Maybe she'll hold back a little bit? Either way, is she expecting him to make the first move? Probably.

The young tom takes a moment to assess the situation, and, if Bumblestar does seem to be waiting for him to move first, he'll dart in low to the ground, veering slightly to her left, and attempt to spring up, reaching a paw out - claws sheathed - to bat at her shoulder with more force than he had while trying the move out the first time, hoping to maybe upset her balance slightly.
Old January 3rd, 2024, 02:00 PM
What matters is ‘you’

*-Asterpaw-*
46/100

He drops his lavender quickly when Redhawk falls into the pond, the need to hold on to them forgotten for the moment. Urgently, he tries to usher her away from the edge.

"Are you alright?!" He asks frantically, unsure how best to treat a cat that's sopping wet in this cold. She needs to get warm and dry, probably, and he hates how his first instinct is that he should bring her inside of a house, next to the heat box or the fire. But there has to be ways to get warm out in the forest, too, surely? "Um- I don't know how to get you warm and dry... we should head back right away, shouldn't we? Drizzlecloud can make you not get sick if we hurry, right?!"

There's a note of panic in Aster's voice as he looks from Redhawk to Drizzlenight. One of them has to know if that's the right thing to do, yes? If she got sick...

[ @tallulah // @Cherry~ ]

Last edited by Neptune.; January 3rd, 2024 at 02:00 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2024, 06:52 PM
#Salva

Bump Policy: whenever
My Mood: Dark

Walnutpaw
He/They/Day~Thunderclan~16 Moons
"You were stitching up the seams
On every broken promise
That your body couldn't keep"

Walnutpaw watched the water ripples in the pond. It was quiet out here, most of the time. Day brother used to bring him here when he was a kit. "I miss those times" Walnutpaw sighed.

★☆"There is no show without an Audience!"☆★
Gentlecrab is Beachclan's Medicine cat, pearl has a semi-open den policy
Please use tone tags when speaking to me
Character website
Commisions
Old January 3rd, 2024, 11:50 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Drizzlenight circled back around the pond, looking for any more marigold or lavender that he could spot. It was tough to find anything even partially viable at this time of the year. It was frustrating, enough so that every now and again the warrior gave a lash of his tail. The Clans had been around for so many moons; how come someone hadn't come up with some way to stop herbs from dying in the cold? He knew it was likely impossible, but that didn't stop it from annoying him.

He kept glancing every now and again at the others, in case they decided to leave without him or in case there was trouble. He caught sight of Redhawk venturing a little riskily close to the water, but Drizzlenight figured she'd be okay.

Apparently, he was wrong to assume.

All of a sudden, in they went. The black warrior's head shot up, his paws turning towards that side of the pond soon after. Fortunately, she managed to right herself up again fairly quickly, and made their way back out. Thank stars- he didn't have to get his pelt wet.

The whole ordeal set Asterpaw into a panic - what was it with ThunderClan's apprentices being unable to handle stress lately? - as he began to worry over Redhawk getting sick. The sentiment was sweet, but Drizzlenight wished these apprentices would stop for a moment to consider if they were being at all reasonable.

"Relax," he muttered, glancing at Asterpaw. "She's not gonna get sick or die. If cats got sick or died every time they got a little wet and cold, RiverClan would've wiped themselves out a long time ago." Would've been convenient if they had. "A warm nest is all a cold cat needs, unless they're a kit or elder or somethin'. If you really want to help, pick up some moss on the way back if you find any."

Blue eyes shifted to Redhawk. "You okay?" It was more a question about whether she'd hurt herself, mostly because he didn't want to have to carry a wet cat all the way home. There was a hint of genuine concern there, though.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old January 4th, 2024, 12:31 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector
Shaking and shivering, Redhawk was eternally grateful as Asterpaw shot over to her. Terror had clutched her mind, splashing memories of the past behind her eyes and threatening to take her away. His voice, albeit panicky, rooted her back to the ground and she gave a shake of her pelt as she felt the buzzing fade away. "I-I'm okay, ttt-thank you A-Asterpaw." She flashed him a grateful look as she shook her pelt once more.

Drizzlenight's muttered comment had her ears pulling back a little bit. She didn't quite appreciate the tone he'd taken with the apprentice, but knew that commenting on it wouldn't do any cat any good. Instead she shook her head again and stood up taller, ignoring the way her skinny legs shook. "It w-would take mmm-more than an o-old pond to t-take me down," she purred in a continued effort to assure Asterpaw she was alright.

Green eyes flashing to Drizzlenight, Redhawk simply blinked. "Just a ssss-slip, that's a-all." Looking behind her, all of her momentary frustration was forgotten at the sight of a rather bountiful patch of marigold and lavender growing closely together. "At l-l-least I f-found that!" Turning around (and giving another shake for good measure) Redhawk poked her head back into the parted cattails and plucked some of the marigold there, and one of the lavender stocks. This would definitely add to their haul, and with that she was pretty eager to get home and curl back up into her warm nest - maybe she could share the Mud blanket that she'd seen in the warrior's den.

Once she felt like she was calm again - and at least warm enough to walk back towards camp - the warrior returned to where her own marigold had fallen. That made... five marigold in total, and one lavender stock. A delighted purr rumbled her chest as she imagined how pleased Drizzlecloud would be. "W-We should h-head back nnn-now. Good fff-finds, everyo-one!" Picking up the herbs, she flicked her tail for the two cats to follow her back (but not before giving another shake of her fur!)

[ @FrostyGalaxy @Cherry~ +1 lavender, +5 marigold (the collector) - i'll have red report the patrol! ]

Last edited by taillow; January 4th, 2024 at 12:39 AM.
Old January 5th, 2024, 12:14 PM
What matters is ‘you’

*-Asterpaw-*
48/100

Assured now that Redhawk would at least not suffer anything severe, Asterpaw nods to Drizzlenight, his grounded voice bringing the apprentice back down to reality for now. He'd never seen water before, he wasn't sure what to expect if someone fell into it in this cold, but the warriors had more experience, they would know if this had truly been dangerous. Cautiously, Aster glances between the parted cattails to the herbs hidden there when the sopping wet warrior picks quite a bit of them. He's been thinking of grabbing some, too, but had decided against it when he remembered how easily Redhawk fell in. She, at least, had experience around water.

Nodding at the suggestion to head back, Aster quickly rushes over to where he'd dropped his lavender, scooping the two sprigs back into his mouth. His spoils feel meager compared to both warrior's, but together they have a good sum of supplies... hopefully that would make up for his lack thereof. He follows back to camp.

[ @talullah // @Cherry~ ]
Old January 5th, 2024, 10:01 PM
Aphrodite

Bump Policy: Feel Free To Bump Me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post

@Desert Rain Frog [ Silverpaw ]

Larkswoop
Flock Together - T1
ThunderClan Warrior

Larkswoop whisked her tail as she padded down into Cattail Pond. She turned back to look at her apprentice, her green eyes narrowed slightly.

''Alright, Silverpaw,'' She began. ''Cattail Pond is known for water voles and frogs. See if you can catch at least one of each.''
SilverPaw Nodded, Padding Up To The Pond. A Small, Quiet Animal Jumped Out. He Threw Out His Paw To Catch The Leaping Animal. IT JUMPED AGAIN! He Snapped His Jaws On The Animal. Then, Brought It To His Mentor. This One? He Looked At The Murky Brown And Green Creature As He Set It Down
Purrks: Lyebird's Lullaby On Silverpaw [ACTIVE]
GarlicFrog Is GarlicClans Oldest Cat. She Bites.

TheRadioDemon Is Holding Rotthroat Back While Patting Bearskull. blxze Is Patting Silverpaw. *Lunastar* Is Patting Them All
Old January 9th, 2024, 07:07 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

ThunderClan Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rain Frog View Post
SilverPaw Nodded, Padding Up To The Pond. A Small, Quiet Animal Jumped Out. He Threw Out His Paw To Catch The Leaping Animal. IT JUMPED AGAIN! He Snapped His Jaws On The Animal. Then, Brought It To His Mentor. This One? He Looked At The Murky Brown And Green Creature As He Set It Down

Larkswoop
Purrks - Flock Together T1
ThunderClan Warrior
''Make sure to live your life to the fullest while you can.''

Larkswoop bent down and gave the frog a clean, swift bite to the back of the neck where it went limp in her jaws instantly.

Lifting her head, the warrior meowed, ''Personally, I don't like frogs. That's for ShadowClan.''

''But leaf-bare is here,'' Larkswoop added. ''And we need to catch all the prey we can to keep the Clan fed, which means we'll be hunting here at Cattail Pond more often.''

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader
Old January 9th, 2024, 07:13 AM
Aphrodite

Bump Policy: Feel Free To Bump Me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post

Larkswoop
Purrks - Flock Together T1
ThunderClan Warrior
''Make sure to live your life to the fullest while you can.''

Larkswoop bent down and gave the frog a clean, swift bite to the back of the neck where it went limp in her jaws instantly.

Lifting her head, the warrior meowed, ''Personally, I don't like frogs. That's for ShadowClan.''

''But leaf-bare is here,'' Larkswoop added. ''And we need to catch all the prey we can to keep the Clan fed, which means we'll be hunting here at Cattail Pond more often.''
So, I Did Good? THAT'S A Frog? How Cool! Imma Find The Other Prey. And With That He Bounded Behind Some Cattails And Began Searching A Quiet As Possible For Water Voles.
Purrks: Lyebird's Lullaby On Silverpaw [ACTIVE]
GarlicFrog Is GarlicClans Oldest Cat. She Bites.

TheRadioDemon Is Holding Rotthroat Back While Patting Bearskull. blxze Is Patting Silverpaw. *Lunastar* Is Patting Them All