Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Character Resources

Notice
Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Good as New - [SHC event]
by Myling
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 05:01 AM
Doeflame finder
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 04:42 AM
★ ramen's little art shop ★
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 04:23 AM
Helping & Healing Paws [...
by Omari
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 04:23 AM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 04:22 AM

Old May 18th, 2021, 06:14 PM
chirps

Default Ask Kestrelstar

Hello WCO! With tensions high between RiverClan and ThunderClan I thought
I'd open a little Q & A for the leader of RiverClan; Kestrelstar!

This is open for any questions you may have for him, or myself! I'll try to answer as best I can ^^

art by jackpot! <3

≋ ≋ ≋
Old May 18th, 2021, 06:16 PM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: Ask Kestrelstar

Minnowpaw wants to know why hes grumpy all the time, She also says hi and sends hugs and cuddles

// @spade

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--
Old May 18th, 2021, 06:21 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 oh Gods oh gods oh ogds oh godf hngrj tggggd.99p4t,sfkkk
My Mood: Lurking

@spade
ooo !! what would you say is your favorite thing to roleplay about kestrelstar + the most hardest thing to roleplay about em?

also, wormbite would like to know - quote unquote - "what are your intentions with riverclan? is this your default expression? opinions on birds?"

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc
Old May 18th, 2021, 06:29 PM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

Eee this is fun

A), how did you first come up with Kestrelstar's concept? What tips do you have for creating a character that flows well / is consistent?

B), how far is Kes willing to take his feud with ThunderClan? Is he naturally inclined towards offensive aggression, or is he usually a more defensive type?

@spade

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old May 18th, 2021, 06:32 PM
eternally tired

Kes, what's your backstory like?

also sparrow gots a question

"what are your interests? ..asking for a friend" @spade
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old May 18th, 2021, 06:35 PM
I'm YOLOsixual &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; P OGg ende r

My Mood: Sleepy

czn i smooch u ok thx bai luv u Kestrel4Lyf

Bounceberry

Bump me literally whenever, I'm quite busy and do need reminders!

Bounceberry is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat, apply for healing here. He has a semi-open den policy, make sure to read the rules!
Old May 18th, 2021, 06:52 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

goose would very much like to know his plans on how to deal with tc and would also like to ask if he can be involved please and thank u

seriously though lol what's been your favorite aspect of kestrel to roleplay so far?

// @spade
Old May 18th, 2021, 07:18 PM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Minnowpaw wants to know why hes grumpy all the time, She also says hi and sends hugs and cuddles

// @spade

Hehe ty Minnow ^^ He's a grump because he genuinely feels as though it's him against the world. Whenever he does try to go the right path something always happens to skew his view of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x ghostie View Post
@spade
ooo !! what would you say is your favorite thing to roleplay about kestrelstar + the most hardest thing to roleplay about em?

also, wormbite would like to know - quote unquote - "what are your intentions with riverclan? is this your default expression? opinions on birds?"

I think my favorite thing about roleplaying him would have to be his complex character. He's really not a mean spirited guy, and there's a lot more to him than meets the eye. A combination of his past - especially losing his mother at an early age - caused him to really spiral and form who he is today. He genuinely does want to be happy, but knows how fragile it is so he tends to stay away from it and snark at anyone who tries to get close to him.

The hardest thing about roleplaying him is probably how he's viewed. An egotistical, young, reckless leader of RiverClan who only wants war and death. While I have the mindset to understand, I have to recognize and try to put myself in his shoes when portraying him; he's young, he's lost his mother, brother, and two cats he was starting to grow close with. It spiraled him down, and he's too young to really have the mental tools to effectively navigate through that ^^

In the words of Kestrelstar: [B]"My intentions? With RiverClan? What is this a first date? I intend to make RiverClan strong. I don't necessarily like to see cats hurt or injured, but I will not allow other Clans to walk over us and disrespect the help we've provided them in the past. My default expression... well it depends on who you are. Most of the time its annoyance. Bird are annoying as well. Always singing. I hate it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Eee this is fun

A), how did you first come up with Kestrelstar's concept? What tips do you have for creating a character that flows well / is consistent?

B), how far is Kes willing to take his feud with ThunderClan? Is he naturally inclined towards offensive aggression, or is he usually a more defensive type?

@spade

A) He was actually suppose to be a background character, believe it or not! I wanted a character who was deep down really good, but had a few tough blows in life that caused him to challenge everything. A young kid who had the world at his feet, but because of early losses in life he doesn't believe he will ever win - or that he deserves to.

Hmm, tips? I usually have a playlist that I listen to when writing him, and I try to really think about his reaction to a scenario vs my own. There are time where I want him to act nice and forgiving, but I know that's now how he would act if he was real. So I take a step back and really analyze how he'd approach the situation. ^^

B) I would say Kestrel is naturally offensive - because the world he grew up in made him that way. When he lost his mother due to forces outside of his control, it taught him to always be on the offensive so that you don't get hurt. To always have some control over a situation. He's willing to take it far, until the point that those he cares for and loves are in great danger.

It's funny, cause I think his warrior answer and leader answer would differ. If he was still a warrior, he'd march over there right away. But as a leader, with the responsibility of several cats now, he tries to force himself to be more cautious (though he hates it). He wouldn't take it as far now as he would've if he was still just a warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Grimmlin: View Post
Kes, what's your backstory like?

also sparrow gots a question

"what are your interests? ..asking for a friend" @spade

His backstory is a bit sad. During his kithood he was really happy and carefree, always frolicking through the territory and picking flowers with his mother. Really excited to be a RiverClan warrior. When his mother was killed, he entered a dramatic shift. He became cold, would lash out at Clanmates, and always had a snarky remark. His older half-brother, Eelsting, would try to soften him up, but it never really worked. They had one heart to heart that started to open his eyes, and Kestrelstar began to be less grumpy - but then Eelstorm went missing ;w; Overall it's been pretty rough on the poor lad.

In the words of Kestrelstar: "My... interests? Well lets see. I enjoy swimming, obviously. Solo walks through the territory. I'd enjoy for the other Clans to leave RiverClan alone as well, but we don't always get what we wish for, and sometimes our interests are overlooked."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
czn i smooch u ok thx bai luv u Kestrel4Lyf

Aww look Kestrel, you've got some fans!
Kestrel: "That's gross I don't want "smooches"."
He says thank you ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
goose would very much like to know his plans on how to deal with tc and would also like to ask if he can be involved please and thank u

seriously though lol what's been your favorite aspect of kestrel to roleplay so far?

// @spade

I think he really, truly, wants to avoid war, especially now since being a leader. But with everything piling it, it's hard to avoid it really. He wants to start with something small, like petty things. If one more toe goes over the line though...

In the worlds of Kestrelstar: "They will pay. Now that emotions have died down, I plan to get to the bottom of what happened. ThunderClan will pay for the crimes that they have committed, even if I have to do it with my own claws. I'm certainly willing to take... advice on the matter."

Like I said above, my favorite thing about roleplaying him is his complex behavior and character. Really getting to dive into who he is - almost like portraying as an actor/actress would! Getting into his mindset on how he views certain things - Clan politics, relationships, etc. - it's all been very fun! ^^
Old May 18th, 2021, 07:37 PM
Engine engine number nine

Status: Coming back to roleplaying in the next couple of days.
Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

How does he feel about Bright/Fizzle? Bright says he wants to be the best River cat he can be and help take down TC.

Brightpaw: "Bright destroy all Thunder Cats!"

// @spade; \\

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old May 18th, 2021, 07:40 PM
Open For RP!

My Mood: Bored

|:| @spade |:|

I know they haven’t really met, but what does Kestrelstar think of Redpaw, my mute boy?

|:| Unnamed |:| Redpaw |:| Miststone |:|