Last post by Starfall
Today 12:24 AM

Old August 21st, 2017, 11:03 PM
Plot Queen

My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

Shellfeather let out a small surprised yelp as Scorchingflame embraced her, and she stumbled back a bit, but regained her balance. She pressed back against the larger tom, the tears in her eyes still pooling. But unlike all of the other tears these past few moons, these tears were tears of happiness. "It's okay Scorchy, I am here now." She soothed, taking in the ginger tom's scent. Oh how she had missed the strong comfort of her best friend. And now, he had finally returned to Riverclan. Shellfeather couldn't wait to tell him about all the horrible, but also amazing, things that had happened to her. But more so amazing things. She heard another voice to the side of her, and so Shellfeather pulled back from Scorchingflame, turning to look at Dappleblossom. The calico she-cat whom she had bonded with instantly. She was here to. But Shellfeather hadn't seen her around camp much. Maybe she was lost too... At Dappleblossom's question, Shellfeather knew that she would once more have to dive into the long and horrible story about her journey. The white-furred warrior sat down in between Scorchingflame and Dappleblossom, wrapping her tail around her paws.

"Well, it is a really long story. So I would get comfortable." Taking a deep breath, Shellfeather prepared herself to tell the tale of her struggling, her loss, her sadness. "On a rainy night, I was acting selfish. I wanted to go see Stormkit's grave, my daughter who had just died. My other kits had just become apprentices, so I took them with me. Rabbitpaw, Spicepaw, and.. Cricketpaw." Shellfeather's voice cracked on the last name. Now I will never get to apologize to her for what I've done... She had lost another kit, and that was something she absolutely couldn't bear. "As we were walking along the river, it became rough and dangerous, often times splashing against the bank. Young Rabbitpaw was smart, and she headed back to the camp. I was not so smart." Shellfeather looked at each of the two cats in front of her in turn. "A large wave from the river soon built up, crashing on the bank and sweeping Spicepaw and Cricketpaw into the river. My only choice was to save them. So I dove in after them. I found Cricketpaw quickly, grabbing her and hauling her to the nearest tree branch. I hung on with her there, but Spicepaw was no where to be seen. I couldn't stand losing him, and I figured Cricketpaw would be fine on her own. So I dove into the water once more." Shellfeather's voice cracked again, thinking of how selfish and unreliable she had been. And maybe still was. "I swam and swam, but I could not find him.
I would not give up, but I was so tired and exhausted that I passed out in the river. I thought for sure I was a goner. When I woke up, I found myself on the edge of a small pond, overlooking a in a small clearing with forest on all sides.
I was all alone, and my only choice was to head the way I thought Riverclan was. Because then, maybe I could find Cricketpaw. I had lost hope of finding Spicepaw, I believed him to be dead. After walking a couple of days with little food and an infected scratch across my leg, I found Spicepaw. He was hurt, and hungry like me, but very much alive. We then travelled for days, encountering trials and all sorts of things that would stop us from getting home. But we finally made it."
Shellfeather had hurried through that last part of the story. She hated going into detail about all the horrible things that had happened during that time period.

"Then when I returned, so many things had changed. Russetswirl was now Russetstar, and he had a new mate... And Rabbitpaw and Applethorn had grown so much. Then, Cricketpaw as still alive, and she was the medicine cat apprentice." Shellfeather had been so proud of her. And now she's gone.... "Then, Cricketpaw was killed soon after, and I never even got to apologize to her." At this, Shellfeather started to cry, thinking about her lost daughter. Her family was split apart by her own selfishness. And Shellfeather didn't know what to do to bring it back together. She didn't think she could do anything at this point.

~~~~~~~~~

The ginger she-cat was grooming her fur as she scented another cat approaching her. Lifting her blue eyes, she spotted Pearlstream, her fellow sisterwife sitting down next to her. As she listened to the question that came out of the pale molly's mouth, Strawberrythorn took her time in answering. She licked her coat a couple more times with long, sturdy strokes, then turned her blue gaze onto Pearlstream.

"Well, you gotta start 'em off when they're young. Teach 'em that you won't deal with troublemakers. But then again, some kits are just born troublemakers." She thought of her own son, Bronzeflash, who she knew she had raised right, but he was still such a little brat. Well, all my first litter aren't how I raised them to be... Maybe I didn't raise them right? Oh well, what gives? They were all grown up now, there was nothing the queen could do about that. "And you can't be afraid to punish 'em. You need to show 'em who's boss." Strawberrythorn definitely was not weak in that category. She showed every cat that she was the boss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Lawlipop @RedHead

Scorchingflame was more than disappointed when Shellfeather pulled away from his affectionate embrace. He frowned, but his frown disappeared as quickly as it had formed. The warmth her body had offered him was gone, and he felt anxious and alone once more. Stepping back to allow Shellfeather more space, he suddenly realized that Dappleblossom was still there. He acted as if he knew she had been there all along, casting her a quick glance of acknowledgement. Right now, he was more focused on Shellfeather who he had just previously thought to be deceased. His golden eyes were gleaming, still damp from the tears that had nearly escaped, He would've been angry with Dappleblossom for lying to him, but after what she said, questioning Shellfeather's existence, he didn't believe she had been lying to him.

Standing back, his head now held high and his posture one of confidence, Scorchingflame felt as if he were a RiverClan warrior again. When Shellfeather sat down, curling her tail around her paws and looking as beautiful as ever, Scorchingflame took it as a comforting sign to sit down. So he rocked back on his haunches, resting his heavy tail at his side. He watched Shellfeather with a neutral expression as the story started, but it wasn't long before he began to display sympathy. He himself had spent moons on his own, and he had nearly been driven mad. But he hadn't had intentions of returning to RiverClan, and he didn't have another cat to look after such as a son, nor did he have other cats on his conscious such as his possibly-deceased kit or a mate.

So caught up in his moons as a rogue, Scorchingflame missed the part where Russetswirl became Russetstar, so he still had no clue who was RiverClan leader now that Bucknight was dead - nor did he really want to know. He came back to when Shellfeather was saying `new mate`, and he automatically assumed she was speaking of herself and Russetswirl. This meant they weren't together anymore! But did that mean Shellfeather had a new mate? Or did Russetswirl? Scorchingflame, due to his attraction towards, or rather, obsession for Shellfeather, had already convinced himself Russetswirl was the one with the new mate. This left Shellfeather for Scorchingflame. Immediately, joy flooded him, and he knew now that he would work as hard as possible to have Shellfeather as his own mate. Russetswirl had made a dire mistake, and now Scorchingflame was picking up the pieces.

Drawn back to the conversation, Scorchingflame was faced with a crying Shellfeather. Automatically, he found himself beside her, pressed against her with his tail curled around her torso. He nuzzled her, murmuring softly, ``Don't cry, Shellfeather, you're too pretty to cry,`` in an attempt to lighten the air. He had never been too good at comforting others, but when it came to Shellfeather, he would give it his all. ``But don't you think, as mother and daughter, she has forgiven you? The bond between a mother and child is.. is simply amazing. They will always love each other, but they will like and dislike one another as life goes on. Cricketpaw may have died before she could tell you she has forgiven you, but perhaps she had forgiven you before, but did not have the chance to tell you?`` His ears twitched awkwardly, but he forced himself to remain pressed against the pretty feline, offering her cheek a brief lick in an attempt to comfort her, as well as distract himself from what he believed to be a very unconvincing attempt at convincing.

Dappleblossom looked on with a comforting for the white she-cat as she told her story on her absence. It truly was a saddening and unfortunate tale and she sympathized with the molly, for losing a kit. She looked down and pondered at the mentioning of a kit. She wasn't near a moon when she was taken away from her mother, Poppy, and given to the twolegs she left so long ago. In her mind, she thought her mother never really cared for her that much, making seeing how the relationship between queens and their kits created a culture shock with young Autumn and a twinge of envy from them, the way they nuzzled each other affectionately and the desire to protect each other from harm. When she was being picked, Poppy didn't even looked as Autumn mewed for. Her back was turned from her kittens. Would Poppy have tried to save Autumn back then when she was lost in the river? Or would she have kept her back towards her and ignored her?

Dappleblossom was focused on Shellfeather and upon looking at Scorchingflame, it was obvious that he was even more fixated on her, for reasons that she has known for a while, ever since they met. Dappleblossom followed the tom to the territory and made him cough up information she wanted to know in exchange of her telling him of her fear of the water. She didn't feel his gaze of her once since Shellfeather appeared out of nowhere like a StarClan spirit. She silently chuckled to herself. It's as if he suddenly forgot about the cat he saved in the river existed. she thought to herself as she smiled, that same tug she felt earlier came back, but was still very subtle. She pulled her ears back in sympathy as Shellfeather began to break down in front of them. "Oh, Shellfeather, I am so sorry about what happened to Cricketpaw." she cooed soothingly, walking a bit closer to the wailing molly, but didn't touch as Scorchingflame beat her to it. She remembered seeing Cricketpaw with her parents that day, they all looked like a happy, perfect family. It was only now Dappleblossom has realized she was far from the truth. "I know you are upset, but you have to keep going for her. That's what she would have wanted." she looked up at Scorchingflame as he spout comforting words to her as well. Nodding in agreement, she adds in. "I'm sure you would make her happy up in StarClan to see you getting happier." she looks back up to Scorchingflame and says. "I don't think you have the choice to be leaving so soon now, you have someone you need to help cheer up. We should go see leader so he knows that you're here." she leads the way and starts walking over to the den, and stops to look over her shoulder to make sure the two were coming.

(( @RedHead your next post can be in the leader's den, fen gave us permission ))
Old August 22nd, 2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

Goldeneye simply nodded, his pelt heating up once again as Bella kissed him. Why this always had to happen, he didn't know. He didn't exactly mind cats watching him, however, he did have a slight bit of fear of them judging him, which was something he didn't want. Since he was in Riverclan camp, he was much more likely to be called out on something. An example? Having a mate that used to be a kittypet. He had heard stories of leaders who had been born Kittypets, but, well, he hadn't been born a kittypet, he had been born a Shadowclan cat. He had to force himself to calm down, smiling for the time being, as he was happy, and there was no way he could deny it, his eyes lit as he stood there, twining his tail with Bella's.
Bella slowly relaxed herself, her head resting against his chest, listening to his heartbeat, it was definitively relaxing, she loved it, she hated the thought of knowing others were judging them, well, probably... After all, he was a high rank and she was only a mere kittypet, well, she was a part of ShadowClan now, but her past was still there, she couldn't just forget that she once was a kittypet, unlike him, she had been born a kittypet, and he had been born a clan cat, she smiled as well, trying to forget that there were other cats around them, only focusing on the deputy, her mate. Feeling his tail twining with hers, she started purring, pressing against him even more and taking in the warmth Goldeneye gave her.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 11:42 AM
slipping from existence

@monfang
A cream color ball of fur and tiny sharp claws came stumbling and rolling from the nursery , a dark stormed color flash racing after it . " Morningkit, slow down ! " came the soft whisper/shout. But Morningkit was going a little too fast out into the clearing . Once she heard her caretaker she dug her claws into the ground to stop herself , but only ended up flying through the air a small ways , directly into a much larger cat than she
Old August 22nd, 2017, 11:58 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
(Awwwwwwe yes! It is a good day when I wake up and there's a woly reply.)

"I do!" Nightpaw answered, too giddy to notice Daypaw's surprise at the near collision. "His name is Skunkbelly. I've talked to him before and he seems real nice. A nest? In the apprentice den? No I haven't! Will you help me pick a good one?" she asked starting to move in the direction of the den assuming Daypaw would follow, "You'll know better than me what makes a good one since the only nest I've been in has been in the medicine...oh," Nightpaw suddenly stopped and looked back at Daypaw. "I guess this means I won't be staying with you in the medicine den anymore," the little black she-cat meowed quietly, gloom clouding her sunny outlook. The little cat turned to face the medicine cat, "B-but that's ok, because we'll still spend time together a lot, right? You can help me with my training since you were a warrior apprentice too. And when I learn some fighting moves, I can go with you and help you gather herbs since you don't like to do that alone. And if anyone tries to mess with you, I'll rip 'um to shreds! Like this!" Nightpaw meowed leaping and twisting in the air to the right and aiming some fast but clumsy strikes at the air with unsheathed claws, giving Daypaw a view of the scar on her shoulder.
Listening to Nightpaw, Daypaw could only nod along in excitement. It was weird to have a kittypet in the clan now, but Daypaw wouldnt want it any other way. Sure, Lucky...Nightpaw wasnt going to be staying in the medcat den anymore, but it was better then her going back to her twoleg nest. They couldnt help but give a snort watching her prance around with her loppy fighting moves, but they were warmed at the thought. They could reember first getting their apprentice ceremony. What it felt like to have a warrior mentor and go outside everyday and explore, hunt and fight. Daypaw was almost done with their warrior training when they were made a medcat. It felt degrading to have to go through a whole nother set of training when they were so close, but thats how life they suppose. They silently promised to do everything they could to make Nightpaw feel welcomed. ¨Yeah, I dont mind helping you pick out your nest. Maybe youll get my old one.¨
Old August 22nd, 2017, 12:12 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlipop View Post

((Briar: Here I come to ruin the silence with fun! 8D ))

Briarpaw wandered around the ends of the clearing, her ears and eyes attentive for any sight of a smaller cat to talk to. She wondered if the tom she was making friends with before, Lunarpaw, was around here, because that was usually the place she found him in. She sniffed the air for his scent. She picked it up, but it was faded, meaning he wasn't here currently. She flicked her tail disappointedly. She did say she was out looking for ShadowClan friends, but it didn't hurt to check up on your current ones. She picked another scent that was current however. She breathed in the scent of something verdant and herby, she sneezed, shaking her afterwards. She sees of something bright colored with a non-fishy scent. Dead or alive, awake or asleep, that definitely was a ShadowClan cat. Excited, her tail wriggles around happily as she bounds over to them clumsily and merrily. However, instead of simply stopping near them, she accidentally tumbles and falls on the blurry cat. She recovers from the trip and shortly after, she perks up again and mews, while still on the cat, a merry. "Hello!"
They opened their eyes slightly to see Briarpaw crash into them, flinching slightly, giving a flick of the tail,¨Try not to crash into me next time.¨ they said cooly, leaning over to press a few licks to their own fur to calm down the ruffled spots. They sighed, they thought they would be getting some peace for once. It had been awhile since they could simply relax in the clearing with nothing to do. It was something they needed at the moment with everything going on, they wanted some peace. But it seemed obviously they werent going to get that at the moment.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 01:34 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
@monfang
A cream color ball of fur and tiny sharp claws came stumbling and rolling from the nursery , a dark stormed color flash racing after it . " Morningkit, slow down ! " came the soft whisper/shout. But Morningkit was going a little too fast out into the clearing . Once she heard her caretaker she dug her claws into the ground to stop herself , but only ended up flying through the air a small ways , directly into a much larger cat than she
Frogtooth bent down to take a bite of food when he felt the kit smack into him. "Hm?" he groaned, looking down at her, ad he smiled. "Hello there youngin'." he meowed, the tabby turning towards her. His bottom fangs came up like a backwards saber, his green eyes smiling down towards her as they glimmered. "Where are ye' off to in such a hurry there, hm?" he meowed, a strong southern accent coming through as he spoke.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 03:02 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Mystical

Almondpaw sat in the clearing, thinking. He didn't mind all the ShadowClan cats, truthfully, just that the camp was so..crowded now. There were cats everywhere, in the dens and the camp and even out in the territory. It was weird. Almondpaw scanned the crowd for a specific cat, one he knew he could trust to talk to. Which was uncommon. He stood, wading through the cats around him. "Stormpaw?" He called, ears pricked and tail waving. "Stormpaw?" He repeated, a bit louder. Good StarClan, with all the cats his voice would probably be drowned out.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 03:07 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
@Mystical

Almondpaw sat in the clearing, thinking. He didn't mind all the ShadowClan cats, truthfully, just that the camp was so..crowded now. There were cats everywhere, in the dens and the camp and even out in the territory. It was weird. Almondpaw scanned the crowd for a specific cat, one he knew he could trust to talk to. Which was uncommon. He stood, wading through the cats around him. "Stormpaw?" He called, ears pricked and tail waving. "Stormpaw?" He repeated, a bit louder. Good StarClan, with all the cats his voice would probably be drowned out.

Stupid ShadowClan cats! Why did they have to come to RiverClan, and then insult them? But then, you could only ever expect ill-manners from ShadowClan cats, especially with their stupid Fuzz Family. Stupid ShadowClan! Stupid Insults! Stupid Fuzz family! "Stormpaw!" that wasn't her voice, it was someone else's. But who else's? "Stormpaw!" there it was again, this time she was able to understand who was calling. It was Almondpaw, her best friend of course. Making her way through the crowd of RiverClan and ShadowClan cats, toward the voice, she could be heard to be mumbling. Mumbling about ShadowClan annoyingly being there. Mumbling about anything and everything. When she finally reached her friend, she was still mumbling and grumbling.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 03:31 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
Moonsplash flicked her tail and padded out of the nursery to find Tempestjay, pursing her lips at the sudden change in scenery. It wasn't milky-smelling like the nursery, duh, and it was a bit brighter. [I]Remember, new territory, new cats. Be cautious[I] Moonsplash reminded herself silently, taking a deep breath and continuing through the fish-scented clearing. How did they live like this? She reminded herself to not be rude, they were different, that was all. She spotted Tempestjay, a purr rising in her throat. "Tempestjay! Er- hi, Echoskip was wondering if you'd like to come see the kits?" She asked, filled with hope. They were his, after all.

@Wyldfire
(Roleplay with Echo,Moon,and kits)
(Their user is @Royal, they changed it :3)

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old August 22nd, 2017, 03:34 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
(Their user is @Royal, they changed it :3)
(O xp)