Last post by burntToast
Today 09:08 AM
Looking For Ragwort Art!
by Zei
Last post by Zei
Today 09:06 AM

Old May 3rd, 2024, 08:26 AM
I Love You!

Bump Policy: 1 Day! (24 hours approximately!)
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

——————

Pebblesplash

RiverClan
~A beautiful scarred white mollie, pale gray and ginger torbie markings with blue eyes~

——————
| @starry |
——————

☘︎ With a huff, Pebblesplash stood up once again and left the medicine den.

——————
Notes: I’ll post in the leaders den first, as it is my plot
——————
Old May 3rd, 2024, 01:35 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Spiritbunny
| He/she/they | RC Warrior | Moons: 22 | Silver Tongue |

Spiritbunny watched with lazy eyes as the medicine cat swiftly looked over her injuries and just as quickly got to work dressing and fixing them up in just a few moves. It seemed a very delicate craft, healing, and Spiritbunny as another artist held respect for Mistyshard and knew that she was likely going to be one of the good ones. Though again, Spiritbunny didn’t know much about the other feline but so far she was a good one in their book. Spiritbunny shook their head at the offer of poppy seeds with a slight purr and then nodded their head towards the den exit, as though asking if they were in the all clear to leave now.
[ @starry - Mistyshard ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 3rd, 2024, 04:11 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingRabbit View Post
He watched Blackfrost pad away, and he was alone with the medicine cat.
Oh my, she said.

Was it really as bad as that? It hurt like the stars themselves had cursed him, but surely it wasn't too serious. Conscious and aware; he could do that. Roseshard nodded, even though it sent a spike of pain through his skull, like a bolt of lightning. She reached for him and he winced at her touch. "It hurts," he rasped, relaying the information she asked for. "I remember falling, and hunting before that. I don't think I have forgotten anything." His words seemed hazy.

Poppy seeds sounded good, now.
Herringclaw would disapprove. A waste of the medicine cat's herbs, he would have said. Bear the consequences of your stupidity, and learn from them.
He would also call it weak, and dishonorable.

But Roseshard's father was dead now, and he didn't have to listen to him anymore.
"I'll take the seeds," he mewed.

A reliving of a past mistake
"Get out of our territory, mange-pelt!" Roseshard's voice rang through the clearing, startling the kittypet from her sunbathing. She rolled to her paws, pelt -that was definitely free from mange, and actually quite pretty- spiking.
"I wasn't doing anything!" She squealed.
Yes, get her off! Make her never come back! He pleaded to himself.
"I don't care!" His body yowled at her. "Get of RiverClan land!"
He didn't give her a chance to react. Roseshard felt his claws unsheathe as he pounced toward her. The kittypet gave another squeal, and pelted to the border, Roseshard hard on her heels.
The chase ended abruptly when she crossed over. Roseshard stopped and sat down at the edge of the border, expecting her to continue running.
But she didn't. The kittypet turned and sat down a few fox-lengths ahead of him.
"You are kinda rude," she mewed, flanks heaving.
No, no, no! Don't talk to her, don't reply! But his younger self couldn't hear him, and he was forced to listen as he remade the biggest mistake of his life.
Of course it hurt. Why had she even hoped overwise?

Mistyshard nodded thoughtfully, glad when he mentioned not having forgotten anything. That was a start, at least. So he wanted some poppy seeds.. she could get those, along with some cobwebs to wrap around his head to sort of cushion it? She hoped that made sense. Also some dock maybe.. Oh wait! blessed thistle could help with brain fog, if she recalled correctly. "I'll be right back with some herbs that will help you." (at least hopefully they would).

The herbalist quickly turned to the herb storage, bounding in there and grabbing a poppy flower. First she shook that and took 3 seeds from the ones that were now scattered across the floor. She could clean that later. Then, some blessed thistle. She was able to locate the odd plant pretty quickly, grabbing two leaves and carrying them with her as she made her way back to Roseshard. If cobwebs and dock would still be required she could grab those later. First she needed the warrior to eat the blessed thistle, before she could milder his pain by feeding him poppy seeds.

Mistyshard pushed the two leaves towards Roseshard, giving him a quick nod. It was meant to be.. reassuring, in a way? She didn't know if he needed it, as a grown warrior, but sometimes incidents like this were traumatizing. "This is blessed thistle - it should help you be able to think clearer and get your brain fog to go away. Just be aware that it's a bit bitter, but you're not a kit so you should be able to deal with the taste I hope." Then she also moved three poppy seeds closer to him. "...Eat these once you've fully chewed and swallowed the blessed thistle. They'll help you sleep and reduce your pain." Her amber hue sparkled with curiosity as she watched the herbs hopefully serve their purpose.

[ -3 poppy seeds, -2 blessed thistle (leaves) ]

#mistyhealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucythecat View Post
Fadedshade
She-cat {RiverClan} Warrior

Fadedshade padded carefully into the den, her limp heavy. The pain rocketed up her leg every time she stepped. “Mistyshard?”

@starry - Mistyshard
Oh gosh, that did not look to good. The silvery medicine cat squinted as Fadedshade limped into her den, seemingly in lots of pain. She would need to know that happened first, then she'd get all the necessary herbs and painkillers. Her ears swiveled towards the warrior and her gaze was alert. "What happened to you?" she questioned, in a haste to get the shecat healed before any damage could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Spiritbunny
| He/she/they | RC Warrior | Moons: 22 | Silver Tongue |

Spiritbunny watched with lazy eyes as the medicine cat swiftly looked over her injuries and just as quickly got to work dressing and fixing them up in just a few moves. It seemed a very delicate craft, healing, and Spiritbunny as another artist held respect for Mistyshard and knew that she was likely going to be one of the good ones. Though again, Spiritbunny didn’t know much about the other feline but so far she was a good one in their book. Spiritbunny shook their head at the offer of poppy seeds with a slight purr and then nodded their head towards the den exit, as though asking if they were in the all clear to leave now.
[ @starry - Mistyshard ]
Alright, no poppy seeds needed here. Mistyshard gave Spiritbunny a quick once-over, checking if everything was still in place. But it seemed to be effective and she was sure those wounds would heal up soon. Nothing too drastic, for now at least. She wanted to keep an eye on that paw in case it got infected - animal bites could become nasty for all she knew. "You're good to go for now. I want you to check back in once around half a moon has passed so I can make sure that paw isn't infected, okay?" With a nod and a flick of the tail she dismissed the feline.

[ you're welcome to post with spiritbunny coming back for the check up anytime. we can wrap this up here or you can do a last post ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; May 5th, 2024 at 09:31 AM.
Old May 4th, 2024, 05:13 AM
.·:*¨♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆☆≈¨*:·.

Bump Policy: I'm usually only active on weekends, depending a bit, but 1 week perferably
My Mood: Inspired

Springkit

>> @starry

Sickness. That was what this had to be, right? It was something he had come down with very recently... right? Right? It had to. He hadn't felt this before, this heavy something turning inside him, eating up his energy from the inside, and weight down his heart. But he also hadn't been sick before, and pale cats were sick, sick cats were tired. 'So, in that case, i must be sick.' He stepped inside the dimly lit medicine den. 'and this is where you go when you're sick, this is who you talk to. "Mis-" His voice sounded shrill and weak, and he had to clear his throat before trying again. "Mistyshard?" That was her name, he didn't have the energy he used to have so no nickname.

He licked his lips and glanced around, looking at the different herbs and plants, at the walls, at everything... everything else, everything that didn't make him think of fighting. Looking at sticks. Leaves. Flowers. Cobwebs... cobwebs. cobwebs were used placed on wounds (mother had said that the one time he found a spider). cobwebs. wounds.... clanmates hurt- NO. not that though, notthatthought"i think im sick." Now he looked at Mistyshard - her eyes, not her scars. "i started feeling wierd all of a sudden so i think im sick.

_______________ Tracker _______________

¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Cowskip - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨
Old May 6th, 2024, 04:21 AM

The silvery molly curiously swiveled her ears towards the den entrance as a young kit came in. Ah... Springkit. She padded up to the tomcat and smiled softly, wanting to make him feel welcome. He seemed to be very exhausted and pale. Was he sick, or had he just not gotten enough sleep? Well, it appeared that he certainly felt sick. She gently brushed her tail along his back and gestured to an empty nest. Maybe if she got him some water and got to the root of what had happened, everything would be fine again... it couldn't be some kind of drastic disease that was going around in the clan, right? She sure hoped not.

"Come here, Springkit, lay down. Do you want some water or food? I can get you anything you wish. Before we can settle on the right herb for your sickness, I need you to tell me exactly how you feel and where it hurts okay?" she mewed in a friendly tone.

She let out a little purr to make the kit comfortable and pricked her ears, curious to hear what was wrong and what she could do to fix it. Hopefully it was something she actually knew how to fix... she didn't want to fail again, like she had with Pebblesplash's breathing problems. At least she knew a remedy for those now but that did not change the fact it had happened.

[ @Luminous - Springkit ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

Old May 11th, 2024, 03:47 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Talented

@starry

Crowglow speedily padded into the medicine cat's den, holding his bleeding and unconscious apprentice. "Mistyshard! Grimpaw took a hit trying to protect Dusklion because of Appleberry trying to harm her!" He meowed speedily, placing Grimpaw on the ground. This was Crowglow's most panicky moment. "I-I tried to help him walk back but he collapsed!" He tried to explain.
Old May 12th, 2024, 03:20 AM

MISTYSHARD
she/her | riverclan medicine cat | 38 moons
dreamwalker ⦁ beefed up t2
What the hell... why was Grimpaw unconcious and bleeding? The silver tabby frowned as Crowglow brought her in, ears pricked as she listened to the story. Appleberry, a RiverClan warrior, had tried to harm Grimpaw?! Gosh, that was so wrong. "Thank you for bringing him in, Crowglow. I'll need you to stop panicking - he's in good paws," she mewed. Innerly she didn't fully know if that was true but it was what it was. "You can leave or stay, but if you stay I'm going to need you to calm down.. otherwise maybe you should take a stroll through the territory, clear your mind a little." She nodded curtly to the warrior.

"Berrypaw! Come, help with this one." Mistyshard briefly looked at her apprentice before returning her attention to injured Grimpaw. He was already unconcious, so she did not want to risk giving him poppy seeds. She hadn't been taught what would happen if she did give them when the cat was already unconcious - what if he never woke up again? And then it would all be her fault. No, that was too risky. Her paws worked quickly to attempt to slightly tilt the tomcat in a way that she could look at his wound. There seemed to be primarily big claw marks on his side.

Once she was done with examining the apprentice, she turned to Berrypaw. "Can you get me some marigold from the herb storage? It's a bright yellow-orange flower with many leaves around its stem and it helps against infection." With that taken care of, she grabbed a piece of moss and placed it on Grimpaw's flank, soaking up most of the blood. "Moss will help soak up most of the blood from the wound. The moss should be clean and is oftentimes your first step." Healing and teaching Berrypaw at the same time was a bit difficult, but she didn't mind too much. At some point she'd get used to concentrating on so many things at the same time.

Without further contemplating, she bounded off to get two cobwebs from the herb storage. "Cobwebs are wrapped around the wound to stop bleeding. But before I can do that, we'll need to put marigold on to prevent infection from setting in. Can you chew it up until it's somewhat runny, into something that is called a poultice, and then spread it across the wounds?" Head tilted to the side, she carefully watched her apprentice.

[ @squidz @Forgetfulshape ]
[ -1 moss, -2 cobwebs ]

Last edited by starry; May 12th, 2024 at 03:23 AM.
Old May 12th, 2024, 04:34 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post

MISTYSHARD
she/her | riverclan medicine cat | 38 moons
dreamwalker ⦁ beefed up t2
What the hell... why was Grimpaw unconcious and bleeding? The silver tabby frowned as Crowglow brought her in, ears pricked as she listened to the story. Appleberry, a RiverClan warrior, had tried to harm Grimpaw?! Gosh, that was so wrong. "Thank you for bringing him in, Crowglow. I'll need you to stop panicking - he's in good paws," she mewed. Innerly she didn't fully know if that was true but it was what it was. "You can leave or stay, but if you stay I'm going to need you to calm down.. otherwise maybe you should take a stroll through the territory, clear your mind a little." She nodded curtly to the warrior.

"Berrypaw! Come, help with this one." Mistyshard briefly looked at her apprentice before returning her attention to injured Grimpaw. He was already unconcious, so she did not want to risk giving him poppy seeds. She hadn't been taught what would happen if she did give them when the cat was already unconcious - what if he never woke up again? And then it would all be her fault. No, that was too risky. Her paws worked quickly to attempt to slightly tilt the tomcat in a way that she could look at his wound. There seemed to be primarily big claw marks on his side.

Once she was done with examining the apprentice, she turned to Berrypaw. "Can you get me some marigold from the herb storage? It's a bright yellow-orange flower with many leaves around its stem and it helps against infection." With that taken care of, she grabbed a piece of moss and placed it on Grimpaw's flank, soaking up most of the blood. "Moss will help soak up most of the blood from the wound. The moss should be clean and is oftentimes your first step." Healing and teaching Berrypaw at the same time was a bit difficult, but she didn't mind too much. At some point she'd get used to concentrating on so many things at the same time.

Without further contemplating, she bounded off to get two cobwebs from the herb storage. "Cobwebs are wrapped around the wound to stop bleeding. But before I can do that, we'll need to put marigold on to prevent infection from setting in. Can you chew it up until it's somewhat runny, into something that is called a poultice, and then spread it across the wounds?" Head tilted to the side, she carefully watched her apprentice.

[ @squidz @Forgetfulshape ]
[ -1 moss, -2 cobwebs ]
Crowglow took a few deep breaths. "S-sorry, its just that I see him as extra family in a way. He's the only cat I trust more than the high ranks.." He quietly explained. His tail swayed gently.
@squidz
Old May 12th, 2024, 04:20 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Relaxed

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 8 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw's eyes widened as Grimpaw was ushered in. Her first patient...? Immediately her heart began racing. Ohnoohnonohno... She took in a deep breath, trying to quell the tired of anxious thoughts once she heard Mistyshard start speaking to her. Pay attention! She silently noted moss and cobwebs in her head — she'd seen both of them used before at a distance, after the ThunderClan raid. But up close and personal, she could really view how each of them worked.

"M-Marigold... ho-okay..." Berrypaw nodded and swiftly trotted off, eyes scanning the lines and lines of herbs and flowers. Yellow-orange flowers... huh... could it be these?

Berrypaw padded back over, delicately holding some of the flowers in her mouth. Chew them up? Okay, she could do that... the apprentice began, grimacing as the bitter taste of the flowers filled her mouth. Just as her mentor said, she chewed it until it felt like a gross, runny texture and carefully angled herself over the wound. She spat the poultice onto it, using her sheathed paw to carefully spread it. "Like... this...?" She asked quietly, not knowing at all how much she was needing to spread around.

The entire time she focused on each instruction, her hardworking brain able to push aside some of her nerves for the sake of completing her task. That was something good the apprentice could say about herself — when she wanted to focus, she could, even when her heart felt like thumping out of her chest.

/ @starry @Forgetfulshape - sorry if this is slightly messy, this weekend is busy for me and i wanted to get my replies in haha

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice.

Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM
The forgetful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 8 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw's eyes widened as Grimpaw was ushered in. Her first patient...? Immediately her heart began racing. Ohnoohnonohno... She took in a deep breath, trying to quell the tired of anxious thoughts once she heard Mistyshard start speaking to her. Pay attention! She silently noted moss and cobwebs in her head — she'd seen both of them used before at a distance, after the ThunderClan raid. But up close and personal, she could really view how each of them worked.

"M-Marigold... ho-okay..." Berrypaw nodded and swiftly trotted off, eyes scanning the lines and lines of herbs and flowers. Yellow-orange flowers... huh... could it be these?

Berrypaw padded back over, delicately holding some of the flowers in her mouth. Chew them up? Okay, she could do that... the apprentice began, grimacing as the bitter taste of the flowers filled her mouth. Just as her mentor said, she chewed it until it felt like a gross, runny texture and carefully angled herself over the wound. She spat the poultice onto it, using her sheathed paw to carefully spread it. "Like... this...?" She asked quietly, not knowing at all how much she was needing to spread around.

The entire time she focused on each instruction, her hardworking brain able to push aside some of her nerves for the sake of completing her task. That was something good the apprentice could say about herself — when she wanted to focus, she could, even when her heart felt like thumping out of her chest.

/ @starry @Forgetfulshape - sorry if this is slightly messy, this weekend is busy for me and i wanted to get my replies in haha
Crowglow watched, trying to remain calm. Grimpaw would be fine, right..?