Last post by dino.
Today 12:03 AM

Old September 30th, 2022, 11:00 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

Bump Policy: Every three days.
My Mood: Devilish

Default The New League Roleplay

Welcome to Freeland City!
It’s been fifteen years since the reign of Chainbreaker, and society is slowly recovering, thanks to the leadership of Rigor and The League!
Sure, there are still some troubles and problems that happen now and then, not all villains disappeared with Chainbreaker, after all, but what is a society that doesn’t have its own unique quirks?
Things are better than they’ve been for a long time, and that’s ultimately what matters.

Sign-Ups/Information

1. Make sure your character’s current location is included at the top of your post.
2. Be nice.
3. Unless a New League member wants their identity publicly known, they’ll be wearing their costumes as they leave their Patrol Unit common room/enter the Tower during the morning.
4. Clarify in your first post(s) whether your character’s civilian identity is guarded or open. And if the character’s patrol unit knows who they are or not.
5. New League Patrol Unit members can either live in their patrol unit commons or at their own homes.

(Updated October 1st, 2167)
Want to know what’s up in Freeland? Just check this handy digital calendar to keep you up-to-date with all the city-wide, state-wide, nation-wide, and world-wide events that are going on!

Fifteen years ago today Chainbreaker’s reign of terror ended, and subsequently the Age of Uncertainty!
This is a day of celebrations, joy, and excitement! Parades and special League of Four events are held all throughout the day and all over the world. During the evening, Gifteds all over the world (in timezones where it is currently night) pitch in to create a massive, world-spanning light show that can be seen from space, just by using their powers!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero? Enter the trials to find out!
Every year these trials are held by the New League in order to select the next generation of superheroes aged fifteen and up!
Anyone can try out, but only the best of the best are selected to become true Superheroes!
(Gifteds can try out only two times. If rejected a second time, said Gifted will be deemed unfit for becoming a hero.)

Once exclusively a holiday for going door-to-door collecting candy, Halloween has taken on a new meaning since the Age of Uncertainty.
Halloween also marks the date of when Chainbreaker first appeared, so while this day is still a day of treats and colorful costumes, it is also a day for remembrance for those lost in The First Battle, and for New Heroes to test their skills by patrolling the streets to keep Minor Villains from trying to resurrect Chainbreaker’s agenda.

It is currently Eight am, morning, and commuters are making their ways to jobs, and New League Gifteds to New League Tower.

Want to stay in the loop? This collection of articles, tabloids, and League Alerts is exactly what you need!

Two Found Dead Days Before Victory Day. Are Villain Syndicates As Dormant As We Think?
By: Jenni Gossiq
(October 1st 2167)

At 3:00am, this morning, a League patrol unit arrived at a neighborhood on the west side of Freeland city to do a routine check-up, when they heard screams and what sounded like a scuffle.
Arriving quickly on the scene, the League patrol was disappointed to find that they’d just missed whoever had caused the commotion, but their disappointment was quickly replaced by horror as they noticed the two still-warm bodies on the ground.
Both bodies showed no signs of injury, though both had faces frozen with horror.
The bodies were taken quickly to the hospital, but they were declared dead before they even were removed from the emergency transport vehicle.
When asked if this could have been caused by rising Villain syndicates, The New League founder, Ryan Patterson (Alias: Rigor) refused to comment, though the patrol members who had found the bodies had a lot to say.
“This was clearly a murder,” Stated one of the patrol members, Rumble, a Gifted with the power to create thunderclouds, “No doubt about it. Though, pinpointing who the murderer- or murderers- was will not be so easy to tell.”
“Like Rumble said, Murder. We can’t disclose any more information at this time, though, sorry,” Fledgling, a Gifted with wings on their back, said, looking genuinely apologetic, “My heart goes out to whoever is family to these two victims, I hope we can catch these murderers.”
Octolady, an eight-armed member of the patrol unit, was not so keen to answer any questions,
“We’re strictly forbidden to disclose any more information, and quite frankly, I’m sick of you guys butting in to everything,” She was heard saying to a reporter for “The Freelander” as she led her unit back to the New League Tower.
The other three members of the patrol unit, Haze (A Gifted with the ability to create fog by use of her taking moisture from the air), Quizzical (A Gifted with the ability to confuse enemies with only his words), and Rogue Wave (A Gifted in control of a beast made of water that serves as his companion) offered no comments.

This morning at 3:00am, two people who have yet to be identified were found dead by one of our patrol units which included Rumble, Fledgling, Octolady, Haze, Quizzical, and Rogue Wave.
Extra information is top secret for now, any information that is found shall only be revealed to the public by The New League public relations officials during a scheduled press conference.
Do not release any more information to the public at this time.

As Victory Day is in five days, a customary refresher is being sent out regarding protocols that are to be strictly followed by all New League members.

Parade Protocol:
All New League patrol units are welcome to watch the parade, though not participate on floats. Patrol units are to watch the crowd to make sure no-one is causing an mischief.

Light Show Protocol:
At 10:00pm, all New League Gifteds with powers that create a flash of light as an effect are encouraged to participate in the light show, though keep well away from civilians during power usage, as injuries have been known to happen at times.

(Updated October 1st, 2022)
This is where you can refresh yourself on what has happened in the roleplay!
Currently, nothing has happened yet.

Click Here to see which patrol unit you’re on!
(Mind you, characters should be familiar with their patrol unit in the roleplay, as they are already formed at the beginning of the roleplay. It is encouraged that you discuss how well your unit works together/how close knit your patrol unit is over Private Messages to make patrol interaction as realistic as possible.)

Coming Soon!

(Activity checks are done twice a month.)

New League Gifteds:
Ian Patterson: 10hp
Rebel Holmes: 10hp
Cain Vandersong: 10hp
Vesper Elizabeth Angelina Waught: 10hp
Raphael Acker: 10hp
Kitty Cassandra: 10hp
Alana Alterra: 10hp
Moon Poppy:10hp
Ace Walsh: 10hp

Minor Villains:
Flint Earthbound: 10hp

Vigilantes:
Spencer Jonathan: 10hp
Jasmine Korey-Elden: 10hp

Rejected Heroes:
Link: 10hp

Non-Gifteds:
Amelia Robinson: 10hp
Hera Colton: 10hp
Crystal Afton: 10hp

Last edited by Willowfern; October 1st, 2022 at 07:20 PM.
Old September 30th, 2022, 11:14 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: The New League Roleplay

Hera {} A 19 Year Old Underpaid Employee. She Works In The Report Department {} Non-Gifted {} First Location: Apartment Complex and Moves To The Leagues Building

The 19 Year Old a stepped Out Of Her Apartment Holding A Bottle of Tartar Sauce and A Spoon.Her Headphones Fixed in Their Ears As The Music Blasted Through Them. Hera Turned Around Somehow Managed To Lock The Door Using Her Loose Fingers. The Woman Turned Back Around and Walked Down The Steps,And Walked Into The Parking Lot. The Demigirl Placed The Bottle (With The Spoon Halfway In It) On The Roof Of The Sadan and Flung The Messenger Bag That Had Been Around Their Body In The Passenger Seat.
Hera Grabbed The Bottle From The Roof Of Her Car and Placed It Into The Cupholder. She Pressed The Start Button As The Heat Kicked In.
She Just Sat There For A Bit Before Putting The Car Into Reverse And Backing Out Of The Space and Driving Out Of The Apartment Complex Parking Lot. Hera Connected Her Phone To The Cars Bluetooth And The Music Transferred It Into The Car Speakers.
The Loud Volume remained Through The Whole 30 Minute Drive. They Were Pretty Sure They Had Forgotten To Pay The Previous Speeding Ticket From That Time She was Running Late But,Eh. She’d Do It On Her Break. As They Pulled Into The Skyscrapers Parking She Was Forced To Slam On The Break. “Damn Asshole. Taking My Spot,Now I Gotta Park All The Way In The Back”The Young Adult Made a Mental Note of The License Plate. “ GHDY-730,Gotcha Sucker.” Yup,They Were That Petty.
Hera Softly Grumbled As They Parked Near The Rear of The Building. Grabbing Her Messenger Bag and Putting The Car Keys and Apartment Keys Inside,They Took Their Phone Out and Connected Their Headphones Once More as She Stepped Out Of The Now Shut off Car and Fixed The Bag Around Their Body.
She Swiftly Grabbed The Bottle Of Tartar Sauce and Ate A Spoonful and Slammed the Car Door. Unfazed by The Taste,Hera Kept on Her Way Around The Building and Opened The Front Door. She Swiftly Pulled Out Her ID Badge and Showed it to the Person Working at the Desk,Slowly Waiting For The All clear,Which She Got Fairly Quickly. The Demigirl Worked on The 5th Floor,Thank God The Elevator Was Working Or She May Have Had A Mental Breakdown. “Thank God-” Hera Pressed the Up Button Quickly and ate another Few Spoonfuls of The Sauce as She Waited.The Girl Opened Her Phones New App,Reading The Article On The Two Found Dead. She Would Research That When She Got To Her Desk,Whatever Killed Those People Had To Have A File Somewhere Right?
[OPEN]

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen

Last edited by stag; September 30th, 2022 at 11:33 PM.
Old September 30th, 2022, 11:18 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

>Raphael Acker || currently running like hell down the sidewalk || Open!<
A dark-haired boy dressed in a yellow sweater and a dark gray blazer slams open the doors to a downtown apartment building and books it down the street. The cord to his earbuds, plugged into a beat-up MP3-player jammed hurriedly into his front pocket, bounces up and down as he runs and smacks him right in the face as if a final “screw you”.

It’s eight o’clock in the morning. He’s late. Raphael Acker is LATE because his STUPID ALARM didn’t go off and he’s definitely not going to make it the New League Tower on time this morning. A fast-paced rock song kicks up its pace as Raph barely manages to dodge around another person. He shouts a hurried apology over his shoulder and puts on a burst of desperate speed.

And, what the heck, what a day to be late on. He’d overheard his dad talking as he'd grabbed a granola bar and dashed out the door, about those two people who had been murdered. The League was DEFINITELY going to want someone on that as soon as possible.

AND HE'S RUNNING LATE!!

He is SO screwed.

Last edited by dino.; September 30th, 2022 at 11:18 PM.
Old September 30th, 2022, 11:57 PM

Ian Patterson
Alias: Imaginartist

New League Tower Lobby
__
As Ian Patterson pushed his way through the revolving doors into the Tower with his full costume on, he instantly relaxed and gave a sigh of relief.
This morning, Ian’s dad, Ryan Patterson (Also known as Rigor), had been especially adamant that Ian be careful on patrol. Ian guessed it had something to do with the bodies discovered earlier this morning. The event had been surprising, but it wasn’t uncommon in the steadily growing Freeland City, which was still recovering from the Age of Uncertainty. Still, why was his dad so darn worried about him? Ian was a superhero for Pete’s sake! He could hold his own. Ian loved his old man, but sometimes he was stifling to be near.
As usual, Ian stopped for a moment or two outside the revolving door just so he could look around the lobby. He still couldn’t believe he was here! The New League Tower! As a hero! Sure, being Rigor’s son, he’d been practically guaranteed a position here since birth, but it still was amazing to him that he was here, as a hero, a member of this well-oiled, super powered machine.
After a moment of admiring the lobby like an out-of-state tourist, Ian made his way to one of the small groups of chairs near one of the large windows and pulled a pencil out of his pocket along with a small sketchbook. He began to doodle as he waited on his patrolmates. This was usual for Ian, as he always wanted to catch at least one or two of his patrolmates at the door and make sure their day was going well before making his way up to the patrol unit’s common room to begin work.
As he sketched, his mind wandered, and he barely noticed what he was drawing. Soon, the drawing took shape, and he was amused to see that it was the outline of a little dragon, about the size of a finger. Finding that he liked it, Ian lined and colored it with the colored pencils inside his utility belt. When Ian finished the drawing, the dragon was a deep midnight blue in color with bright yellow eyes. It looked more like an empty-brained lizard than like a ferocious beast. Ian chuckled to himself.
Ian closed the sketchbook and began to daydream, wondering what today would have in store.

[ @dino. (Semi-open?)]

Last edited by Willowfern; October 1st, 2022 at 07:35 AM.
Old October 1st, 2022, 12:58 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Willowfern.

Cain came down from the elevator into the lobby. He'd just finished sharing his little flower bouquets with some of his other friends. But he needed to give some to his patrol unit. That's when he clocked Ian and walked up to him.

"Hi, Ian! The flowers in my garden are blooming so I thought I'd share them with everyone!" he said cheerfully and handed Ian a small bouquet of blue and white flowers.

@dino.
When his other patrol friend would enter, Cain waved to him, hoping to get his attention.

Last edited by Shade.; October 1st, 2022 at 01:00 AM.
Old October 1st, 2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@Willowfern.

Cain came down from the elevator into the lobby. He'd just finished sharing his little flower bouquets with some of his other friends. But he needed to give some to his patrol unit. That's when he clocked Ian and walked up to him.

"Hi, Ian! The flowers in my garden are blooming so I thought I'd share them with everyone!" he said cheerfully and handed Ian a small bouquet of blue and white flowers.

@dino.
When his other patrol friend would enter, Cain waved to him, hoping to get his attention.
Ian Patterson
Alias: Imaginartist

New League Tower Lobby
__
Ian looked up from where he was sitting to see one of his patrolmates, Cain Vandersong, Alias: Mindgrip, came walking up to him, holding a pretty assortment of flowers that had apparently just bloomed. Ian offered his patrolmate a grin,
“Thanks, Mindgrip,” He replied, taking the flowers and smelling them, being careful to use Cain’s Alias as they were both in the lobby and not in the common room, “I’ve never been given flowers before, these are beautiful! And they smell good, too!”
Ian took out his sketchbook and opened it to the first page, which was covered in small sketch lines and spots of color, though it had no actual drawings on it. Ian grinned impishly, glancing at Cain as he did so. He quickly sketched out a turtle, and then made a pinching motion above it.
For most people, nothing would happen to a drawing other than becoming crinkled if someone were to pinch it, but not with Ian. The turtle drawing suddenly began to peel itself out of the paper like tape being pulled off of a surface, becoming three dimensional as it did so. After a moment, Ian held a small, off-white turtle pin in his hand. The paper no longer had the drawing on it, and it was back to how it had been before.
“Here,” Ian said, offering Cain the pin, “Sorry it’s not colored, I didn’t want to make you have to wait five minutes while I colored it.”

[ @Dino ]
Old October 1st, 2022, 10:39 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

// @Shade. @Willowfern

>Raphael Acker (Ice Hound) || New League Tower Lobby<

Minutes later, Raphael, wheezing for breath, slams through the front doors of the Tower and stumbles to a halt. He doubles over immediately, hands on his knees as he tries to suck in air. Pale mist wisps through his lips and into a fading wreath around his head. If this were the common room, he'd have collapsed to his knees and let himself fall facefirst, where he would have remained for the next five minutes as he contemplated life.

But because this isn't the common room and is most definitely the main lobby, Raph sucks in a deep breath and straightens up completely. Aw, crap- of course Ian and Cain are already here. He fumbles to unplug his earbuds and pause the MP3-player before offering them both a bright smile. "Morning, guys."

Last edited by dino.; October 1st, 2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old October 1st, 2022, 10:49 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Willowfern
@dino.

Cain's mismatched eyes lit up, you could practically see the hearts and sparkles in them, as Ian handed him a pin he made with his powers.
"AWHHH, thank youuu! It's so cute!" he exclaimed, holding it and looking starry-eyed. Just as he pinned it on, he noticed Raph and waved to him.
"You're a tad late, buy don't worry, we haven't gone put or anything. Here, have sone flowers!" he said, handing his patrol buddy a bunch.
Old October 1st, 2022, 11:16 AM
Percival Personal Jester

Bump Policy: 24 hours while not on hiatus, bump again after 7 days, don't bump on hiatuses.
My Mood: Adorable

Ace Walsh - Windwaker -The New League Tower Lobby - She/her

She came down shortly after Cain had, usually she'd be down here earlier, but her suit decided to give her troubles today, and Ace was pretty sure her bed was trying to murder her this morning. Either way, she thankfully wasn’t late, hopefully, she’d just assume she wasn’t late, it made things a lot more positive in her mind. While she should’ve talked to her patrolmates, she wasn’t really in the mood to talk right now, which was weird to her, usually she was open but sometimes it felt draining just to talk to others, however, she valued her energy, so she’d just not talk to the others for now, or until someone came to talk to her, didn’t really matter, she knew what to say if that happened.

| OPEN, don’t worry, she won’t be mad if you go and talk to her ^^

tal was here... and here.... and also here!

Last edited by WinterMara; October 1st, 2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old October 1st, 2022, 01:38 PM

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Tired

Alana Alterra / Rose di Spine || New Legue Tower Lobby || open

Alana entered the lobby with her head held high and her back straight. Well, she was only a few minutes late, oh well. She sat at a small table with a couple chairs, playing with the sleeve of her suit. Waiting was boring, but she was the first one here so she had to. She heaved a sigh and looked around the big lobby. It was cool to be here, yeah, but just sitting around was not what she wanted to do right now. Especially when she could be out on a patrol. Well, I guess I'll just sit here and be bored for a while. she muttered to herself. She propped her face onto her palm with her elbow resting on the table. Tick, tock, tick, tock. Clocks were so annoying. With her stare fixed on the revolving doors, she waited impatiently.

(Alana has not revealed her identity to her patrol unit)

charactersrainy boi finder

♡ back from The Void ♡

☆p.s. you can vm or pm me about comms ☆