Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 02:28 AM
minkpaws new everything...
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 02:27 AM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by alec
Today 02:16 AM
The joke box
Last post by CallMeCrimson
Today 02:02 AM
How many buhs can we get
by hades.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 01:34 AM

Old April 7th, 2024, 12:29 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Moonlit Grove

Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend |

Moonmeadow gave the eager apprentice an amused purr and gently ruffled his fur if he let her. They needed more cheerful cats in the clan like little Moonpaw here. "Sorry, kiddo, I wasn't who you were named after. Though I'll let you in on a little secret," as she spoke the warrior leaned towards the apprentices ear, raising a paw as though to shield them from Darkcloud, in a playful whisper she spoke, "Only the coolest of cats are named Moon." The warrior pulled away and with a playful wink to the other warrior then turned to point towards the exit of camp. Those herbs weren't going to collect themselves. The feline started to guide the two other felines out of the camp and started their way to Moonlit Grove. Man, it's been awhile since they have visited the grove, she really hasn't paid her mother a visit recently, huh?

The feline shook out those thoughts and turned to the apprentice again as Moonmeadow didn't think that Darkcloud was in a very talkative mood. "So have you ever been on a patrol before? I just can't tell anymore, you apprentices are all so talented I could mistake you for warriors." Moonmeadow spoke in a light tone, a giggle escaping them as they padded along the familiar trail to the Grove. It wouldn't be too hard of the patrol likely. As much as Moonmeadow wanted to stay and chat with clan mates she hasn't been able to meet before they would need to focus on the task of collecting all the necessary herbs. Comfrey and Celandine, Moonmeadow made sure to repeat Lostspark's descriptions of the herbs in their mind to not forget before they started to search.

As they awaited the apprentice's answer, the feline saw that they entered the Moonlit Grove and smiled. "Darkcloud if you want to split up to cover more ground that's fine with me, make sure to stay in earshot and come back here after collecting. Moonpaw, you should stick close to either me or Darkcloud." After the quick little detour of conversation, the warrior turned back to Moonpaw making sure to listen with full attention for the little tomcat's words, before splitting off to collect the herbs they came here for.

Moonmeadow gif made by ramen!

[ @Morrigan - Darkcloud | @Poprock - Moonpaw ]

Last edited by Dolomedes; April 10th, 2024 at 04:17 PM.
Old April 8th, 2024, 08:23 AM
Master of bad jokes

Status: Please bump me if I haven't replied to an rp my forgetfulness has striked again!
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Busy

Darkcloud
Shadowclan warrrior
Purrks: Just a scratch and Shadow fiend(both inactive)

Keeping a watchful eye on Moonpaw as they travelled to Moonlit grove, Darkcloud repeated the herbs that she was looking for in her head. Celadine: small yellow flowers. And comfrey:tall plant with long green leaves and drooping purple flowers. Easy enough to remember so she probably wouldn't have much trouble finding it.

Shifting her blank gaze to Moonmeadow as they spoke to her apprentice, the dark she-cat remained unamused at her playful remark. There was a possibility of her chuckling if she was keen on jokes but unfortunately she was not so her clanmate wouldn't get a reaction from her...even if they wasn't looking for one.

Glancing at her patrolmate emptily at their proposal of splitting up. "If you insist." she responded calmly and with that she went off on her own to find the herbs, giving a simple tail flick as an indication that Moonpaw could follow her if he wanted. Soon discovery a couple of flowers that fitted the description of celadine, Darkcloud picked them from the ground without a second thought then did the same when she found what she believed to be comfrey before returning to the others, herbs in tow.

[ +3 Celandine & +2 Comfrey]

@Dolomedes @Poprock

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Last edited by Morrigan; April 8th, 2024 at 08:24 AM.
Old April 10th, 2024, 03:54 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET

Moonpaw
He/him || 6 Moons || Purrks: Chill of death

The apprentice snickered, sending Darkcloud a devious glance. He didn't know much about his new mentor, but the fact that they weren't named Mooncloud or Darkmoon? Maybe he should be weary of the warrior. Besides, Moonmeadow was way more fun! He happily accepted the ruffling of his fur, not bothering to smooth it back down afterward.

"Well I just became Moonpaw like uhhh a day ago, but I've been training ever since I was born." He puffed out his chest proudly. Who else could say they came out of their momma as talented as he did? He didn't see anyone else running around non stop, or punching moss balls to gain big strong muscles, or defending their honor against their arch nemesis! He was truly one of a kind! And it was about time someone recognized it! "I'll be a warrior soon, maybe I could be Moonmeadow too!" That would be fun! TWO Moonmeadows! And then when he became Moonstar in like ... a week then Moonmeadow the first could be deputy. The apprentice nodded to himself. Sounded like a good plan!

Then came the plan to split up, and Moonpaw knew right away who he was following. Not even offering Darkcloud a second glance, the apprentice skipped merrily after Moonmeadow. He hadn't remembered what herbs they were supposed to pick up (he was just a baby!!), so he chose to grab any plant he could. One of them was bound to be the right ones!

(+1 Comfrey, +1 Celadine, +3 random flowers LOL)

@Dolomedes @Morrigan

Last edited by Poprock; April 10th, 2024 at 03:54 PM.
Old April 10th, 2024, 10:03 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!

Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend | Beefed Up Tier 1 |

Moonmeadow chuckled at the apprentince's antics with a wide grin, lazily looping their tail behind them in a swaying motion. It was nice, Moonmeadow had a good feeling that little Moonpaw would make quite the warrior, certainly seemed eager enough to achieve that goal. "Now, as honored as I would be to share a name with a cat like you, no need to rush such decisions. Your name will be like no others because you are like no other." The warrior spoke in a light tone as they made their way to collect herbs. As they split up, Moonpaw choosing to accompany her, the warrior decided to keep up the chat, more than pleased to find someone that actually chatted back with the same enthusiasm that she gave them. "If you ever need a paw in training don't be scared to come and seek out your fellow Moon, yeah?"

With the offer being put out there, Moonmeadow took a moment to focus on the patrol, searching around the area and making sure to keep the apprentice in eye sight while he did the same. The warrior soon found some of the herbs that were described, though she couldn't quite put her paw on which was which anymore, the names not quite being attached to their descriptions. Well, in the end they were what was needed so no harm was done. She plucked some of the yellow flowers. There weren't too many here though and she got barely any. No matter she would just have to hope that Darkcloud had more luck on the celandine front.

[ Dice Roll: 9 ]
[ + 1 Celandine ]

After a few more pawsteps in other areas, the tall droopy purple flower that Lostspark had given the patrol a description of came into view and Moonmeadow was quick to collect the bunch. Not too much better, man, were prey getting all of them before the patrols or the morning frost taking them because surely Moonmeadow's luck wasn't that bad. Not much could be done and Moonmeadow took what she could grab and motioned for Moonpaw to follow along with a tail flick and a purr. Seems that the little constellation got a bit creative with what he needed to collect but Moonmeadow appreciated the effort, Lostspark would like the gift hopefully. In the end, Moonmeadow wouldn't mind making another trip out if they didn't collect enough.

[ Dice Roll: 12 ]
[ + 2 Comfrey ]
[ 3/5; 1 Celandine, 2 Comfrey ]

Moonmeadow took a moment to lower her herbs in front her so she could speak without worry of crushing the fragile medicines, "I want to look around a bit more and see if we can find anything else." She explained to her fellow Moon before picking up the herbs again and walking into a different direction. The warrior made sure to stay within shouting distance with Darkcloud. Her sickly green eyes moved over the blurs of the forest, with scent helping her out this time her eyes would be able to get a break for once. She was really happy that they got called on for flowers, those were always easier to find on bad sight days like these. Especially the purple.

[ Dice Roll: 20! ]

Moonmeadow's nose has never failed them before and that was streak that they appeared to be keeping as they found some more herbs with ease. A total of one more comfrey and one more celandine which wasn't actually a lot now that she was thinking about it but it helped! Each herb helped! The warrior picked the two precious plants and finally led Moonpaw back to the place where they split up with Darkcloud and smiled as she lowered her patch onto her paws as she waited for Darkcloud to join them again.

[ + 1 Celandine, + 1 Comfrey ]
[ 5/5; 2 Celandine, 3 Comfrey ]

"Nice job! Though you seemed to have gotten some extra treasures mixed in." The warrior spoke in a lighthearted tone, she pointed to the droopy purple flower and the yellow ones, "Those are comfrey and celandine, so you know for the next herb patrol your on. For now, we'll wait until Darkcloud comes back here and then we'll head back to camp!"

[ @Poprock - Moonpaw | @Morrigan - Darkcloud ]

Moonmeadow gif made by ramen!
Old April 12th, 2024, 01:40 PM
Master of bad jokes

Status: Please bump me if I haven't replied to an rp my forgetfulness has striked again!
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Busy

Darkcloud
Shadowclan warrrior
Purrks: Just a scratch and Shadow fiend(both inactive)

Giving a tiny nod of greeting as she approched the rest of the group, Darkcloud eyed the random flowers in Moonpaw's jaws. Hmm, those weren't Celadine and Comfrey...oh well. He'd gotten at least one of each of the right herbs.

"We should head back now." she meowed, not giving her apprentice's mistake anymore thought. Gesturing with her head to beckon the others she started to make her way through the territory and back to camp.

@Dolomedes @Poprock

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old April 15th, 2024, 05:48 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET

Moonpaw
He/him || 6 Moons || Purrks: Chill of death

"Your name will be like no others because you are like no other."

Moonmeadow's words rung in Moonpaw's head like the call of a bird in the early morning. It made his pelt feel all sizzly warm, as if he had been laying on the sun.
He was a cat with twelve other blood siblings, almost all of which sported a dark coat like him. Since birth Moonpaw had blended into the background in the clans eyes. If he wanted attention, he had to seek it out. If he wanted praise, he had to be extraordinary. What had he done just now to earn such high approval? And why did the comment give him such weird but good feelings? The apprentice decided to keep his thoughts to himself (for the first time in his young life), instead nodding enthusiastically at the older Moon's offer of training.

The rest of the patrol was uneventful, with Moonmeadow seeking out the correct herbs and Moonpaw carefully watching from the sidelines. His own stash was clenched tightly in his jaws. Didn't want to lose any of Momma's stuff! Oh she was gonna be so happy!!!

He didn't bother to dispose of his extra treasures, but made a note of which one's he was actually supposed to bring back. Maybe Momma could decorate her nest with them! Or uhhhh something else! Girls liked all that frilly stuff right? He padded happily after the two warriors all the way back to camp.

@Dolomedes @Morrigan
Old April 16th, 2024, 11:54 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

How long had it been? Nightshiver could swear she hadn’t been counting, too distracted with life. She could swear she had pushed the feelings aside, forgotten all about them – locked them away, never to be seen again. So why. Why was she walking this familiar path, once again, under the cover of darkness? 22 moons. How it has been. Almost 22 moons, the number came to her, and she knew it was right. 22 moons since she failed them.

Few in ShadowClan knew; none, even, if she did not count the imposing leader. Few knew she hadn’t always been the clan’s forever queen – that once upon a time, she had a different reason to be within the nursery. This thought made her paws tingle uncomfortably. Once, she had been pregnant. Expecting a single first and only litter, all on her own.

She was alone, then, the litter the result of a tom she dared never see again – a place she still dreaded, every day of her life. The cages. The darkness. The violence. She shuddered in place; she hadn’t even known she’d been expecting when she left that place – and for the better. She did not know what they could have done had they known.

No one was here. Only the sound of critters filled the night, the moon as the night’s single light source – covered by the branches of nearby trees, even Nightshiver was difficult to spot. Her light steps carried her to a specific tree, head hung low. Without a word, she dropped a single flower on a far too small grave.

You see; to those who did remember her pregnancy, she had had but one kit. A small darling, gentle and quiet – pale, much like herself. Bunnykit. Disappeared alongside Stonedawn, her father – though none knew about their relation. None knew the truth, except for Dawnstar, who did not pose a single question on the matter. And somewhere, Nightshiver was grateful for it.

Only Dawnstar knew Bunnykit was adopted. Only Nightshiver knew Bunnykit had been Stonedawn’s biological daughter – abandoned by her own mother. Only Nightshiver and Stonedawn knew that they found Bunnykit on their way back from burying her kits. All those moons ago, in a dark and lonely corner of the nursery; no one noticed the mother silently wallowing her three kits’ lives, lost before they could breathe.

Taking in Bunnykit. Raising her, best she could, protecting her, or trying to. Everyone assuming Bunnykit was her own. She did it for him, to help him, to not break the child’s heart even if it broke her own. It still did. It still hurt. She did not know if StarClan was granting her freedom from the kits she never wanted, or punishing her for actions she should have thought through.

Maybe it was for the best. But even then, she was a hypocrite. Maybe they took her kits because StarClan did not deem her capable of caring for kits – so then, why did they ever let her find Bunnykit? So they could take her, too? She was the lone forever queen of the nursery, now, after Deppledleaf’s untimely demise. A forever queen who did not want her own, who could not care for her own, who failed to be a mother.

Even when she swore to care for them. To love them. To protect them. StarClan still took her children in their embrace, and away from her – her children. She had never thought of them as such before. But that is what they were. Her children. Her children who did not live, who are unknown to all of ShadowClan.

Tears filled her eyes. She couldn’t help it. She’d been smiling, going about her day as normal. But ever since the Darkfall and Larkfire’s kits’ birth – ever since the close call that was Gloomkit, since the tears she softly spilled that day, the young kits’ disappearance. She couldn’t help it. She couldn’t ignore them anymore.

“I’m sorry…”

She whispers. Head hung low, hunched over the small graves.

“I am… so.. so..sorry. I.. co..could not… be.. be…”

She couldn’t finish the sentence, a small hiccup forming in her throat as the sight of them wandered in her mind’s eye. Her kids. Her babies. Her children – her darlings.

“I’m.. sorry.”

[ @Dark ]