Closed Thread

Old October 19th, 2017, 03:29 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: October Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfall View Post
The buff feline let out a bellowing laugh, his laughter almost drowning out the chatter of the dozens of cats surrounding them. It was amusing to him, though he wouldn't be able to explain why he found it amusing, he liked the fact that Nightwhisper was a little like him. He remembered his younger years, his adventures, his scars, his friends, it made the tom smile fondly, who wouldn't? " Ay were just like y'all when ay were an apprentice, tell me ever'thing y'all've saw, how far y'all've gone." he said, making it clear that he won't take no for an answer. The Siberian wanted to know if the chesnut feline got farther than him, saw more than him, learned more than him. Sleepingcloud gave up adventuring after he lost his first apprentice, he never had the strength after that to pick it back up, the feline was getting old, he knew that.

Sleepingcloud cocked his head slightly to the side as he saw the other feline thinking, his sky blue hues flickered with curiosity, wondering what was going through the other's mind. He was about to open his maw to say something, but quickly shut it when the slimmer feline began to speak. At the mention of battle his whole demeanor changed, shifting from open and joyful to unnerved and angry. "Naw ay'm nahwt, ay'm ayy pacifist, ay faand it sad that there we're a-fightin' ovuurr something so trivial, why are we so done stuck on a-takin' lives when theres naw need." he spat, his iris's narrowing, his whites the most visible. The warrior knew that there were other ways to settle disputes, felines didn't always have to loose their lives for someone to determine a victor. It made him sick. "If ay need-ta be in thay ...uhh fight, than ay will be a-helpin' thay medicahn cat, both av them." he stated, his tail lashing behind him. He was visibly angry, he couldn't help it, his claws were out, his fur was fluffed up, his teeth were showing, and his usual warm eyes were cold and his iris's only slits.

The Siberian let out a sigh and gave the feline an apologetic gaze, his fur straightening itself out. He had learned that he could be considered a little intimidating when fluffed up and angry like that, but his emotions dominated his reasoning most of the time, this was one of those times. "The warriaws are the protectaws, the leaders are the guiders, the queens the love ayn' safety, elders are the wise ones, the apprentices are the learners, ayn' finally the medicahn cats are the savers, how many times have y'all saw mawe lives done saved by slayughtuurr than healing?" he asked, worry and disappointment, it saddened him that a majority of the cats in each clan hadn't figured it out yet, he just hoped that he could enlighten Nightwhisper, even if its just a little bit. "just because one is ayy protectaw doesn't mean they have ta take lives ta protec." he stated. Sleepingcloud shook his head and turned his gaze down to his paws "With the wawld set on tearing itself apart, it doesn't seem like such ayy awfulbad thing ta me ta put it back togithuurr" [Hacksaw Ridge quote] he said, his voice low, yet loud.

He shook his head and gave the brown feline a bright smile, brushing off all the negativity for a second, a mere moment, just to show that he won't shove his ideals in someone else's face, he won't make them choke on his beliefs " But that there's just what ay think, y'all can go on ayn' faheet faw y'all's clan, go on ayn' protec those there y'all care faw, ay'm nahwt against a-protectin' the playe ay call home, ay suppose ay just have ayy different idea av how ta do it." he purred, his warm presence back once more.

[aaaah writer's block]

the fluffy tom ducked his head slightly. "oh," he stuttered out, "i've travelled as far as i can, pushing a little further every time. as of now, i have gotten to a tree that i have seen strange twoleg markings on." [like when people carve their names onto a tree] night's tail swished, a wondrous look deepening in his eyes. he raised his head, looking towards sleepingcloud with an his ears perked. nightwhisper thought to himself, how can he be so confident and loud with so many others around?

night flinched as the siberian's tone changed so drastically. his eyes averted quickly, body tensing. he listened carefully and cautiously, the thick accent slightly difficult to understand. his paws shuffling, night waited for his opening to begin speaking, a spark of admiration lighting within him as he listened to sleepingcloud's spoken thoughts of battles between the clans. the tabby cocked his head to the side before speaking. "i plan to help those in need. i don't really have a, uh, family, or anything, to return to or protect, so i will only be battling when someone needs help or if i am attacked," he explained. his tail flicked sharply, paws kneading the ground as he began to fidget. the tension was rising as every heartbeat passed, a feeling of dread pulling his stomach into a knot.

once he realized that the siberian tom had reverted back to his not-as-intimidating mood, nightwhisper stepped closer, fur fluffing out even more than it already was. he giggled quietly, shuffling to where he was perched like a small fox hiding within bushes. night let out a slow breath, amber gaze twitching around the clearing. a shudder of anxiety shook up his spine, entire form visibly quaking.

"this is only my second gathering," he suddenly said. his voice had heightened only a little over what his usual tone was, sleepingcloud's booming confidence seeping into his aura. his chest puffed slightly, dark fur rustling in a soft breeze. night turned his attention towards the siberian, whiskers twitching as a feline-ish smile curved onto his maw.

Last edited by lio; October 19th, 2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old October 19th, 2017, 03:32 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
A mental alarm flashed in his brain. Something's wrong, whether he will admit it or not, He imagined. The tom looked back at his friend, his muscles tensing as he met Sharppaw's eyes. "I'll tell you one more time; I'm fine," He insisted, a more serious expression glued to his face, "Now please, tell me what the matter is because it will only get worse if you lock it inside of your brain." He stared back at the nearly starless sky, in which a few brave twinkles managed to shine through. Stay calm, Darkpaw. This isn't a time to worry, His breath hitched, Unless Sharppaw knows something we don't...
Sighing, Sharppaw faced Darkpaw. His green eyes searched the other tom’s face for any expression. It was one of seriousness. He knew he had to come clean, even if that meant being ridiculed. “...I just have this looming feeling...” he started, scraping st the sand beneath him with his paws. His claws were unsheathed, as they always were when he was under immense stress. “And, I just - I...” he stuttered, before letting out a long sigh. “I can’t explain it. I just feel something bad is going to happen this Gathering.” Sharppaw glanced at the darkening sky, silently cursing the clouds flitting in front of the moon. It was clear. Something terrible was to happen. He hoped he wasn’t just being paranoid. If it ended being a smoothe Gathering, he would firmly apologize to one of his only friends. But he couldn’t ignore the pit in his stomach; the prickling of his fur; the unsheathing of his claws. It was as if doom was impending, but no cat knew what it was. It was torture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Dustpaw smiled again, a little calmer than before. "Hi." He said softly, ear prickling. The other apprentice's voice seemed to have a hint of....well they didn't sound sad at least. "Is this your first gathering, I haven't seen you around before?" He continued, making small talk with the other cat. His eyes glowed with hopefulness that Ravenpaw would keep talking to him and not run off. Or at least not make fun of him before they left. For starters, Dustpaw was chubbier, making him look younger than his actual age or lazy. Next, he was homosexual. Which made some cats tell him he was heading to the dark forest once he dies. Dustpaw smiled again, looking at Ravenpaw.
Ravenpaw flicked their ear, pondering the question. It was their first Gathering, yes. But they didn’t know whether that was a good or bad thing. Bracing themself for the worst, they spoke honestly. “Yeah, how does it work?” they asked, wondering how the Gathering worked. There were a lot of cats in the small place. It made them shrink in their fur. They didn’t like crowds of cats, but at the very least there was no fighting. That was definitely a plus. It seemed the leaders stood apart from everyone else.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old October 19th, 2017, 04:34 PM
xmas and new yrs

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
Ravenpaw flicked their ear, pondering the question. It was their first Gathering, yes. But they didn’t know whether that was a good or bad thing. Bracing themself for the worst, they spoke honestly. “Yeah, how does it work?” they asked, wondering how the Gathering worked. There were a lot of cats in the small place. It made them shrink in their fur. They didn’t like crowds of cats, but at the very least there was no fighting. That was definitely a plus. It seemed the leaders stood apart from everyone else.
Dustpaw nodded a moment, looking to the other apprentice. "Normally we just walk around and chat with other cats for a bit until the leaders say something important. We find out how the other clans are doing. Normally the leaders stay over there." The tom paused to flick his tail over towards the leaders huddling in a circle. "It can be pretty cramped depending on how many cats come, but we aren't allowed to fight. The full moon signals a treaty between the clans on gathering night." The apprentice smiled, hoping he helped a little. He fidgeted slightly, grooming his tail.

Mention me if you don't think I saw it
Old October 19th, 2017, 04:47 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Risingstorm's ears twitched as her charge for the evening chattered on with another Shadowclan apprentice. A warm smile touched her face, remembering the friendships she'd forged as apprentice, the ones that had stuck with her and seemed to grow deeper as she grew not only as a warrior, but as a cat. It was just at that moment that she glanced one such friend following close behind Goldenstar as he went to take his place with the leaders for the first time. There was Halfgaze, the tortoiseshell and black shecat looking lost as she glanced around. Trying to find a place to sit, I bet, Risingstorm thought to herself. She knew the shecat well enough to read her body language. A maternal purr gathered in her chest. I owe her a congratulation anyway, she said to herself. She turned to glance at her charge and said, "Nightpaw, stay here with Snowpaw, won't you? I'll be right back."

Nightpaw looked up briefly from her conversation with Snowpaw, just long enough to say, "Huh, yes ok, Risingstorm!" and go right back to gossiping.

The long-haired, grey shecat slipped gracefully between cats, her heart warming in anticipation of congratulating her new friend. Sandthistle, Halfgaze's father, approached the young deputy as she made her way over. She nodded in greeting to the senior warrior. "Evening, Sandthistle," she said, her voice warm and soft as kit fur. "And congratulations to you, deputy!" she meowed to Halfgaze, butting her head affectionately against her friend's shoulder, whispering as she did so: "You're doing just fine. Don't worry so much. Goldenstar picked you for a reason."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Halfgaze didn't notice the two cats converging on her as she studied the gathering place and hoped no one noticed her nerves. As of yet, she hadn't noticed any other deputies whom she could imitate. At least none that she recognized. There seemed to be a red Somali tom sitting awfully close to the meeting rock, but Halfgaze didn't recognize him. Sighing, Halfgaze closed her eyes for a moment to gather her thoughts, opening them at the voice of her father. "Sandthistle!" Halfgaze purred affectionately. Returning his nuzzle, Halfgaze mewed with gleaming eyes, "Thank you." Pride was shining in her mismatched eyes and in her very posture. There was nothing he could have possibly said to her that would have been as moving as that. All Halfgaze had wanted as a kit and apprentice was to make her family and clan proud. She knew the clan would be a bit tougher to win over, but the knowledge that her family was proud of her, and not just because she was family, but really proud of her- it meant the world to her.

To make a happy moment even better, one of her best friends since apprenticeship appeared, greeting Sandthistle and congratulating Halfgaze with a bump of her head. Halfgaze was practically radiating happiness as she nudged Risingstorm with her shoulder and purred, "Thanks! Don't get any ideas about taking me into the territory and getting rid of me for the job, Rise!" She let out a laugh at her own joke, winking at the other feline. But, Risingstorm's words of encouragement sobered her slightly, making her happy but in a calmer way. "Thank you, Risingstorm, I needed that."
Sandthistle nodded his greeting to Risingstorm whom he distinctively recognized from Halfgaze's apprenticeship - one of her closest friends, if he remembered correctly. He remembered seeing the two together... or was that another feline..? The sandy-pelted tomcat shook away the thoughts, replacing his thoughtful expression with a warm yet rather stiff smile. Sandthistle watched dully as Risingstorm also congratulated Halfgaze, his tail sweeping casually behind him. It wasn't that he disliked Risingstorm; he simply didn't know her too well, and that explains his guarded reaction to her appearance.

His ears flicked in acknowledgement as Halfgaze spoke, and he couldn't help but frown. Of course, Sandthistle would react such a way to a joke like that seeing how he was her father and didn't exactly know Risingstorm. ``Don't speak like that,`` Sandthistle meowed sharply, squaring his shoulders as he took on the fatherly role. ``You won't be leaving us anytime soon.`` And then he turned to Risingstorm. ``You'll look out for her, won't you?`` His tone resembled an order of sorts, but worry was also laced into his voice.
Old October 19th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Hit love right back..

Bump Policy: Bump me on Discord if I don't respond in a week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsemoon the Therian View Post

Bump for @Jay-Jay
Sorry lol}

He nodded. "Ok." He sat down and wrapped his tail around his paws

Hello, My name is Deerlie, I own Crowfrost of Shadowclan and Doekit of Thunderclan. I am available for Rp whenever, and I can be found on discord, so please ping me if you'd like to rp!
I am a returning member after over a year, so i am a little dusty on how the site works, but I'm slowly getting into it once again!
Old October 19th, 2017, 04:56 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Keep you pelt on, Junebug," Shinefang replied in response to the little apprentices bombardment of questions. His whiskers twitched at her recount of her mischievous escape from her mentor. He could hardly blame her for wanting a little space, and he knew better than any cat that is an apprentice wants to wander off, there's no stopping them. He had been a fairly young apprentice himself the day he slipped out of camp in the dead of leafbare. That was the errand that had cost him his eye. "The name is Shinefang. And no, I haven't met Daypaw, but I've seen her at gatherings. What are you calling her "they" for. Is there more than one of her?" he asked with a slight chortle.

(He's not going to have had occasion to speak to Daypaw, and therefore wouldn't know their gender. Fell free to correct him.)
Juniperpaw was happy not to hear Shinefang telling her to go find her mentor. It seemed he understood, and she couldn't help but appreciate that. She didn't even comment on his chosen nickname for her, which she normally would've done. Already, the young feline found herself respecting and admiring the older tomcat greatly. He just seemed to be an incredibly likeable character. ``They. Daypaw doesn't identify as a female or male.`` Juniperpaw shrugged, smiling up at Shinefang almost sheepishly, like she couldn't believe she was explaining this to a more experienced feline. ``It's okay, though; we all make mistakes,`` Juniperpaw purred in amusement, unable to ignore the urge to make sure Shinefang wasn't embarrassed for his reasonable mistake.
Old October 19th, 2017, 05:04 PM
The one and only Darky

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstar View Post
" don't want my sis to be harmed any more , or ever be harmed " primfur stated as she cleaned her fur

he nodded as he understood now his yellow eyes shinned with interest as he looked at the two sisters he never really had a brother or sister. " your lucky to be a family , looking out for each other" he meowed with a swish of his tail " well I'm gonna hightail it out of here" he meowed and ran off @Darky
Breezy agreed with primfur as she looked at bager. She stopped and looked at the sky again.
Dark, darky, Alicewolfheart

Gone

I may come back in the summer

Old October 19th, 2017, 05:06 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darky View Post

Breezy agreed with primfur as she looked at bager. She stopped and looked at the sky again.
" so sis...wanna mingle? " primfur asked breezy she cleaned her fur again

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Last edited by Leucos; October 19th, 2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old October 19th, 2017, 05:07 PM
The one and only Darky

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstar View Post
" so sis...wanna mingle? " primfur asked breezy she cleaned her fur again
"What?" Brezzy asked. (Let's do powered)
Dark, darky, Alicewolfheart

Gone

I may come back in the summer

Old October 19th, 2017, 05:12 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

Daisyshade purred, it was barely audio able over the noise around her but she had done it anyway due to the fact tumblestep had pressed against her lovingly. She turned and looked up at tumblestep, "that's the thing. It's rarely ever quiet. Even when the leaders speak" she remarked studying the four clans clump together in a less than harmonious hive. She made no effort to avoid the passing cats as they approched her, she merely pressed into Tumblestep to avoid being run over and trampled. It was somethings she had loved since apprenticeship, the moon, the friendship and all the news from other clans was always interesting to tune into. She had met a feline moons back when she was younger and they had enjoyed hanging out here when they weren't supposed too. But than she disappeared. And that was that.

The Molly turned too look at tumblestep examining his face as he spoke, one day she could work the nerves out of him and maybe than they would be as giddy as apprentices for a gathering. As they slipped around the outskirts of the mass she responded "sure, what about there" she gestured ahead with her tail, a small clear opened when two apprentices darted off across the clearing in a foolish race. Her whiskers twicthed with amusement as she guided him towards it. As she took her seat she cast a glance over her shoulder at the shrubs and bushes behind them. She had never sat so far away before, it's going to be hard to hear but it didn't matter really. She didn't need to really hear anybody but tumblestep.
Tumblestep was happy to sit on the outskirts of the clearing. However, he felt guilty for preventing Daisyshade from completely experiencing the Gathering. Based off the expression on her face, she really enjoyed these meetings. ``I'm sorry I'm keeping you from enjoying the Gathering,`` Tumblestep murmured quietly, a guilty look crossing his face. ``I promise next time we can sit closer.``

He had seated himself directly beside Daisyshade, pressing his flank against hers for comfort. Tumblestep couldn't bring himself to look at what he assumed was a disappointed look on her face. Instead, he nervously surveyed the area. His attention was drawn to the five leaders standing high above everyone else. Just moons before, there had only been four leaders, and he was still trying to adjust to the fact that there were five Clans, not just four. ``Oh, look! They're speaking...`` A kit-like excitement filled him. Though Tumblestep despised the social part of Gatherings - the clumps of felines chatting and walking over each other - he truly enjoyed listening to the leaders' report.

A very small smile formed on his lips, one of happiness that was brought on by his first Gathering with Daisyshade. Tumblestep's ears swiveled as he yearned to ignore the chatter of Clan cats around him and instead focus on the leaders. His kit-like excitement did not falter, not even when he heard some shocking news. ``Did you hear that? Snowstar and Blazingstar are arguing!``