Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
._+-kit finder-+_.
by forest
Last post by Quacky
Today 08:00 AM
"What Once was Mine will...
Last post by forest
Today 07:52 AM
✩Star's Mass YCH Trade!✩
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:25 AM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 07:22 AM

Old January 26th, 2024, 10:35 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default A misty memory [VA]

TW FOR DESCRIPTIONS OF DEATH! Takes place around 18ish moons ago.
Puddletail stalked through Thunderclan’s territory, taking care not to crack any sticks below her paws. The falling leaves made her trek less than silent, but it couldn’t be helped. Leaffall was in full bloom. The black molly wondered how different Windclan’s leaffall would be. The warriors didn’t live under thick branches or sharp undergrowth. Would she get used to the wide open plains? Would Eaglecrash show her the territory? Would he teach her how to hunt rabbits? Would they huddle together for warmth in leafbare? Butterflys fluttered in her tummy at the thought.
It wouldn’t be long before the two could finally be together. Just a few more lose ends she had to tie up in Thunderclan and then she could finally cross the border. Until then, meeting at it would have to do.

“--o one will notice.”

Puddletail stopped in her tracks as faint whispers reached her ears. Someone else was here. Someone else would see her and Eaglecrash. Oh stars! She dashed into a nearby bush. Hopefully no one saw her… but she could now see them. At least one of them. Eaglecrash. Who was he talking to? That wasn’t his voice.

“I… don’t want to stir up any trouble for our clan, my love.” He spoke hesitantly. His green eyes moved around rapidly; like he couldn’t see the cat he was talking to. Where was the second cat?? Puddletail couldn’t sense them at all.

“You won’t, I’m very good at covering my scent of course.” The voice said. It was higher than Eaglecrash’s. A female. It sounded… familiar. Puddletail strained her ears, leaning forward as far as possible without leaving the bush. Who was he speaking to? And my love?? Her claws unsheathed.

“If you insist, but only so I can finally see you Puddletail.”

Her heart stopped.

“EAGLECRASH RUN!”

She raced towards her love, hoping to save him from his fate. But her sister was always faster.

In a blink he was dead, blood draining from his throat like a waterfall. His beautiful green eyes were unseeing as he flopped lifeless to the ground. His light was gone. He was gone.

“I thought you two were up to something.” Ghostglow spoke after a moment, wiping her bloody claws on Eaglecrash’s striped pelt. No longer was she imitating Puddletail's voice; now she was speaking with her own. And it dripped with pure hatred. “Don’t fret, your big sister took care of the problem.”

Puddletail felt as if every fiber of her being was frozen. No thoughts raced in her mind. Her heart did not beat. Her paws could not pad towards his body. Only pure icy shock filled her veins.

“P-problem? Ghostglow I-”

“Yes! The problem. This pest. I kept him from hurting you, from hurting Thunderclan. Now let me slash your face open so we can claim this was in self defense and I won’t utter a word about your betrayal.” The spotted molly turned and faced Puddletail with unsheathed claws. Her unblinking yellow eyes stared her down like she was nothing more than a piece of prey. Puddletail could almost believe if she was always seen that way.

"You killed him. I- I loved him and you killed him!! I can't just let you get away with this!" Finally Puddletail found her voice. It was shaky but it was there. The rest of her body followed. "YOU JUST KILLED HIM! AND YOU THINK I WON'T TELL? YOU'LL GET EXILED FOR THIS GHOSTGLOW, I-"

Bloody claws sliced through her throat like butter - stopping her cries in a second. "Si...s..ter...?" Puddletail managed to croak out before falling beside Eaglecrash.

Ghostglow huffed, blinking away tears as she stared down at her sister's dying body. "Sister... I don't have a sister. You're nothing but a traitor to me. I hope he was worth it."

---

Days later, a patrol found Puddletail's body near the Outskirts. Thunderclan reported that she had been killed by a rogue, though faint Windclan scents had been found on her body as well. Ghostglow never shed a tear.