Last post by Snivellus
Today 12:53 PM

Old April 8th, 2017, 12:08 AM
shsl warrior cat

My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by j a k e View Post
Sagemist kept his main focus on the tom in front of him, although he couldn't help but get distracted a few times. His caudal appendage swayed over the grit-like earth; barely skimming over the dried-up foliage that lay submerged in the dirt. With his claws emerging from their shells, the grumpy tom-cat allowed for his mitts to fumble across the ground. His silvery whiskers twitching as he reverted his attention back to the other male, Sagemist's tufted audits flicked as he listened to his words. "Ah, nice to meet you too, Morningheart." he spoke in a more husky voice, nodding his cranium in an attempt at being friendly.

The midnight-kissed feline rose onto all-fours, wobbling slightly before catching his balance. With a weak flick of his tail, the brute let his lips fall open as a yawn was transmitted from his mouth. The male simply kept his mouth ajar, after allowing for the other tom to speak, "Honestly, I'm not too peckish, but it seems like a good idea to have something to eat beforehand." the masculine spoke in a friendlier tone, allowing for a thin, lopsided smile to be returned to Morningheart. No matter how hard Sagemist tried to dislike him, Morningheart seemed to brighten up his saddened state.
Morningheart's mint hues focused on the ink-colored tomcat, tail swaying as he watched the other stand up with a yawn. Repressing a yawn of his own, the cream tabby smiled as he noticed the tom beginning to be more friendly. "Yes! A full belly is better then an empty one." Puffing out his chest ever so slightly, his paws skimmed the earth as he quickly made his way over to the fresh-kill pile. Craning his neck down as he gently locked his teeth into the tail of a vole and mouse, the warrior lifted the deceased rodents out of the pile of prey as she curled his claws into the grit of the earth, retracting the pearly whites as he backed away from the pile.

Striped appendage hovering over the ground, he dipped his cranium and offered the vole to Sagemist, pushing the creature to his feet. Settling down, he pulled his own prey closer to him. "I'm not that hungry either- but still!" A tilt of his chin and he sunk his incisors into his meal, taking a good chunk out of its breast as he chewed and swallowed it quickly, paws placed on his prey to keep it still as he licked his lips. "So, Sagemist- how are you? I'm doing quite alright myself!" There was his bright tone again- no matter how he talked, his voice was always bright. Morningheart lapped down the fur on his chest with swift strokes of his tongue, hiding the uneven fur as his ears twitching for a response.
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:34 AM
back from the dead

Bump Policy: once or twice a day is fine
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gull View Post
Gullkit continued to look out accross the clearing, tail swishing slightly. "Where did you go?" She mewed again, ears twitching. She'd turn her gaze behind her, realizing that she did not look behind the apprentices' den. She'd prowl to behind the apprentices den, finding Turtlekit. She'd mew again, "Found you!" To hopefully get his attention.
Turtlekit relaxed completely, closing his eyes and concentrating on his breathing. His mind wandered off, now wondering, where was mother when we were playing? He felt a bit of concern, but then decided she was hunting or patrolling. Suddenly, he heard a squeak. He fell backwards and saw it was only his sister. He stood up, shook his pelt and mewed, "you scared me!"

msg me whenever to rp! i'll try to respond at least once a day but usually more than that
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:38 AM
Smol

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsATryp View Post
Turtlekit relaxed completely, closing his eyes and concentrating on his breathing. His mind wandered off, now wondering, where was mother when we were playing? He felt a bit of concern, but then decided she was hunting or patrolling. Suddenly, he heard a squeak. He fell backwards and saw it was only his sister. He stood up, shook his pelt and mewed, "you scared me!"
Gullkit held back the need to laugh. She'd then pad over to Turtlekit, tilting her head slightly. "You weren't paying attention!" She mewed, tail swishing slightly. "Do you know where mother is?" The kit inquired, seemingly having the same thoughts about Jadefrost.
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:46 AM
back from the dead

Quote:
Gullkit held back the need to laugh. She'd then pad over to Turtlekit, tilting her head slightly. "You weren't paying attention!" She mewed, tail swishing slightly. "Do you know where mother is?" The kit inquired, seemingly having the same thoughts about Jadefrost.
He shook his head. "No, I think she went out with others," he mewed. He turned his head towards the camp entrance, half-expecting their mother to come through, but she didn't. An idea sparked in his head. He looked to Gullkit and asked, "should we go look for her?" Of course, going out of camp was heavily against the rules, but what if something happened to Jadefrost? He really wanted to know where she was, and would break rules to find out.

msg me whenever to rp! i'll try to respond at least once a day but usually more than that
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:49 AM
Smol

Quote:
He shook his head. "No, I think she went out with others," he mewed. He turned his head towards the camp entrance, half-expecting their mother to come through, but she didn't. An idea sparked in his head. He looked to Gullkit and asked, "should we go look for her?" Of course, going out of camp was heavily against the rules, but what if something happened to Jadefrost? He really wanted to know where she was, and would break rules to find out.
Gullkit's ear twitched. "But that's breaking the rules.." She mumbled, ears folding back. "Maybe we can ask some adult cats to go look for her?" She asked, proposing the safer way of things. "There might be some cats willing to."
Old April 8th, 2017, 01:06 AM
back from the dead

Quote:
Gullkit's ear twitched. "But that's breaking the rules.." She mumbled, ears folding back. "Maybe we can ask some adult cats to go look for her?" She asked, proposing the safer way of things. "There might be some cats willing to."
"Yeah, I guess," he agreed. That actually was a smart idea, better than his, and it was okay. Just then, he saw a familiar pelt pad through the entrance, carrying a sparrow and a mouse. It was Jadefrost! Turtlekit ran over and pressed his pelt against her leg. "Mother, you scared us!" He meowed.
Jadefrost was surprised when her kit suddenly bounded to her. She dropped her prey on the fresh-kill pile and purred, "you were soundly asleep, my dears, and I needed to stretch my legs. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble for you. What have you been doing when I've been gone?"

Old April 8th, 2017, 01:18 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noire View Post
A large smooth-coated silver tom bounced happily off from a side of a mountain. He looked back once, seeing a few rocks tumble after him, and he jumped to the next rocky surface. It was never easy for most to climb rocky mountains or, well, run along them. That did not matter to Umbraice because he felt like he ruled the world. Everything he went across, he owned. Figuratively. He knew being a leader was a hard job in itself. He knew that Grousestar was busy everyday, and perhaps never landed a break. And, what about the deputy? Auroraflame was a hard worker, she was pretty kind to from what he observed of her. He wondered if she ever was cut a break? The tom doubted it because high ranks were always busy. High ranks weren’t his forte if he couldn’t have fun every day.

As for right now, the tom wasn’t enduring fun. More so, he was being reckless. Hopping on each rock with ease, and watching others fall around him. He moved his head in order to not be hit by one. ‘’That was a close one.’’ He grumbles before he hopped on the last big rock before he would make it to the ground. Even then, he stopped for a moment to embrace the world around him. Green pastures, yellow pastures, mountains, trees, flowers--all the above that amazed him. How come he haven’t been doing this often? Just allowing himself to admire his surroundings and to take notice where he was. ‘’Wow.’’ was his simple reply. A reply that would had been longer if he hadn’t heard the crack of another rock falling. This one was a larger rock, and before he could allow himself to get hurt, he instantly jump off the last rock and started running back to the clearing as fast as he could. ‘’Later, suckers!’’ He called back, overjoyed with the recent adventure he took.

Umbraice loved living on the daring side. It was apart of his athletic ability. The tom had succeeded in learning the power of running sideways along a rocky, tough surface. At first, he banged his head a couple times, and most likely almost died, but he pulled through, and found himself doing it often.

Just last week, the tom was attack by a venomous snake. Perhaps, it was his fault for prodding it too much, asking for trouble. Umbraice did not want to relive that memory, and apart of him felt that he wouldn’t be the tom that he was today if he allowed himself to never be so...reckless. Only, he wasn’t reckless. He would truly take offense if anyone called him that. Being reckless was being idiotic. Umbraice was none of those. He liked to think of himself as a cool and mellow tom that loved a side danger.

Nothing wrong with that, eh?

As he padded back in camp, the tom felt his muscles rippling, and the tension they carried. After a tough workout he endured that day, they were fatigued and all he wanted to do was eat and sleep. The tom went up towards the fresh kill pile and grabbed for a small bird--whatever bird it was? He did not know, but he was ready to eat. A few of the cats watched him, and he tried to throw a smile if only his mouth wasn’t ruffled.

Umbraice was...defeated for the day. Yet, he was proud, and he couldn’t wait for what he would do the next day. Most likely out for a simple run? Perhaps, chase birds or butterflies? Or maybe associate himself with his clan mates? That sounded plausible, but Umbraice never liked to socialize much. He was friendly, but he was a cat of action. Enough said.

The tom stretched his limbs before settling down at a good spot, and he quietly began picking at his food, absorbed in it as if it were the only thing in the world. His world.

@Empress Of Evil
A particular ebony feline was rushing briskly around on the mountain. The mountain of work. It seemed as though Auroraflame had so much to do these days. She always managed to spare about an hour of time for friends and family, however her other hours were spent walking around checking that everything was in order. As much as the deputy liked working, it could get rather unbearable sometimes. There was so much to remember. Slowing to a stop, Auroraflame scanned the clearing with an icy blue gaze, checking to see what was now done and what wasn't. Most things were done, she would probably have more time to relax than most days today. Lots of work meant little rest. The deputy had been working towards sleeping a bit earlier, yet she always managed to fail.

Every now and again, the deputy could be seen walking around the camp, going a bit....weird. Those were the side affects of lack of sleep. When Auroraflame was tired, she would normally go a bit bonkers before going into a shut down mode where she was trying to rest herself wherever she could. However, going crazy was part of Auroraflame's normal personality, it was just over exaggerated when she was tired. She had to admit that she enjoyed laughing at herself about it afterwards. Who didn't laugh at themselves when they did weird things? The ebony she-cat was born with 'weird' as a personality trait. And she liked it. Sighing, the deputy sat down for a few moments before quickly deciding to stand up. As much as she wanted to rest her aching paws, she had work to tend to. But then again, surely she would be allowed a short moment of rest? It was a debatable topic, though she really didn't want to think about it. Shaking her head, she decided to sit down, not being able to stand the soreness of her paws.

Looking around, the deputy's gaze landed on some kits that were playing. A small smile grew on her maw as she watched them. Kits, they gave such joy to everyone. They always looked so happy and free. Sure they could be troublesome, but that's what you get when you're young. Auroraflame felt herself wishing she could be a kit again, playing with her siblings and laughing when she tripped over her own paws.

There were so many happy memories in the she-cat's life. Her kithood, apprenticeship, warriorhood, and becoming deputy. So many things all fit into them, creating one big picture. Everything that Auroraflame had experienced were the things that made her the way she was this very day. There had been many downs in her life, but everyone needed them. Life would be rather boring if you didn't have something to make the negative's flood in, as strange as it might sound.

Suddenly, a soft gurgling sound broke through her thoughts and Auroraflame looked down. A short moment after, she realised it was her belly that had made that sound and so she felt a wave of embarrassment wash over her. Hopefully nobody had heard. If the deputy were to be honest, she would say that she hadn't eaten since early this morning. Auroraflame realised how much she seemed to miss food at this particular hour. The she-cat was one of those who was constantly thinking about food and wanting to get her paws on some. However, she restrained herself and took the smallest pieces, letting her clanmates take the filling ones.

The deputy quickly rose to her paws before rushing over to the fresh kill pile eagerly, ignoring the stares of the cats who thought she looked rather childish. Food was calling to her, and she needed it. As she reached the pile, a silver tabby tom walked away with a small bird clamped between his jaws, however the deputy took no notice of him, too busy searching through the pile. Deciding she needed it, the deputy took a medium sized rabbit, hoping it would be enough to help her catch up on all the energy she was lacking.

The taste of the rabbit in her jaws made her mouth water. Auroraflame looked around for a spot to sit. Most places were taken by cats talking to one another, though one cat seemed to be available for a chat. As the deputy approached the tom she had seen at the kill pile earlier, she quickly searched for a name. Umbraice, right? The deputy was quite good at remembering names, unless she'd never met the cat. "Hello!" Auroraflame called to Umbraice cheerfully as she approached him. She looked at the spot next to him, as if silently asking if she could sit there.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old April 8th, 2017, 01:25 AM
Smol

Quote:
"Yeah, I guess," he agreed. That actually was a smart idea, better than his, and it was okay. Just then, he saw a familiar pelt pad through the entrance, carrying a sparrow and a mouse. It was Jadefrost! Turtlekit ran over and pressed his pelt against her leg. "Mother, you scared us!" He meowed.
Jadefrost was surprised when her kit suddenly bounded to her. She dropped her prey on the fresh-kill pile and purred, "you were soundly asleep, my dears, and I needed to stretch my legs. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble for you. What have you been doing when I've been gone?"
Gullkit also bounded over to their mother, leaning on Jadefrost's leg like her sibling. "We've only been playing." Gullkit mewed, purring. The kit's gaze went to the catch of their mother, the familiar and yet new sight of a bird and rodent. "Oh wow." Gullkit mewed, tilting her head at the sight. Just then, her stomach growled with hunger. "You're a great warrior, mother!" Gullkit meowed.
Old April 8th, 2017, 10:54 AM
back from the dead

Quote:
Gullkit also bounded over to their mother, leaning on Jadefrost's leg like her sibling. "We've only been playing." Gullkit mewed, purring. The kit's gaze went to the catch of their mother, the familiar and yet new sight of a bird and rodent. "Oh wow." Gullkit mewed, tilting her head at the sight. Just then, her stomach growled with hunger. "You're a great warrior, mother!" Gullkit meowed.
Turtlekit nodded in agreement of her sister. "Yeah, you are! I'm gonna be as great as you one day!" He bounced you and down happily.
Their mother purred loudly, her green gaze falling towards the two kits. "Thank you," she meowed. Jadefrost then noticed how ruffled the kits' pelts were. "My, what kind of playing have you been doing?" She questioned, adding, "You look as if you haven't had a wash in a moon!"

Old April 8th, 2017, 01:02 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post
A particular ebony feline was rushing briskly around on the mountain. The mountain of work. It seemed as though Auroraflame had so much to do these days. She always managed to spare about an hour of time for friends and family, however her other hours were spent walking around checking that everything was in order. As much as the deputy liked working, it could get rather unbearable sometimes. There was so much to remember. Slowing to a stop, Auroraflame scanned the clearing with an icy blue gaze, checking to see what was now done and what wasn't. Most things were done, she would probably have more time to relax than most days today. Lots of work meant little rest. The deputy had been working towards sleeping a bit earlier, yet she always managed to fail.

Every now and again, the deputy could be seen walking around the camp, going a bit....weird. Those were the side affects of lack of sleep. When Auroraflame was tired, she would normally go a bit bonkers before going into a shut down mode where she was trying to rest herself wherever she could. However, going crazy was part of Auroraflame's normal personality, it was just over exaggerated when she was tired. She had to admit that she enjoyed laughing at herself about it afterwards. Who didn't laugh at themselves when they did weird things? The ebony she-cat was born with 'weird' as a personality trait. And she liked it. Sighing, the deputy sat down for a few moments before quickly deciding to stand up. As much as she wanted to rest her aching paws, she had work to tend to. But then again, surely she would be allowed a short moment of rest? It was a debatable topic, though she really didn't want to think about it. Shaking her head, she decided to sit down, not being able to stand the soreness of her paws.

Looking around, the deputy's gaze landed on some kits that were playing. A small smile grew on her maw as she watched them. Kits, they gave such joy to everyone. They always looked so happy and free. Sure they could be troublesome, but that's what you get when you're young. Auroraflame felt herself wishing she could be a kit again, playing with her siblings and laughing when she tripped over her own paws.

There were so many happy memories in the she-cat's life. Her kithood, apprenticeship, warriorhood, and becoming deputy. So many things all fit into them, creating one big picture. Everything that Auroraflame had experienced were the things that made her the way she was this very day. There had been many downs in her life, but everyone needed them. Life would be rather boring if you didn't have something to make the negative's flood in, as strange as it might sound.

Suddenly, a soft gurgling sound broke through her thoughts and Auroraflame looked down. A short moment after, she realised it was her belly that had made that sound and so she felt a wave of embarrassment wash over her. Hopefully nobody had heard. If the deputy were to be honest, she would say that she hadn't eaten since early this morning. Auroraflame realised how much she seemed to miss food at this particular hour. The she-cat was one of those who was constantly thinking about food and wanting to get her paws on some. However, she restrained herself and took the smallest pieces, letting her clanmates take the filling ones.

The deputy quickly rose to her paws before rushing over to the fresh kill pile eagerly, ignoring the stares of the cats who thought she looked rather childish. Food was calling to her, and she needed it. As she reached the pile, a silver tabby tom walked away with a small bird clamped between his jaws, however the deputy took no notice of him, too busy searching through the pile. Deciding she needed it, the deputy took a medium sized rabbit, hoping it would be enough to help her catch up on all the energy she was lacking.

The taste of the rabbit in her jaws made her mouth water. Auroraflame looked around for a spot to sit. Most places were taken by cats talking to one another, though one cat seemed to be available for a chat. As the deputy approached the tom she had seen at the kill pile earlier, she quickly searched for a name. Umbraice, right? The deputy was quite good at remembering names, unless she'd never met the cat. "Hello!" Auroraflame called to Umbraice cheerfully as she approached him. She looked at the spot next to him, as if silently asking if she could sit there.

Umbraice thought about what he needed to do for the next day. As he picked at the bird he was eating, his mind was distantly on other thoughts. Such as when he awoke, what was he going to explore then? The tom was never constantly in Skyclan. He was a full member of it, having it been his home since apprenticehood. He would do anything for Skyclan without a second thought. He would be the first to attack if they were in danger. He would lay his life on the line for Grousestar and Auroraflame without a second thought. That was because they were his authorities. And, he respected them. As a clan, it was the warriors job to protect their leader and deputy. In turn, their leader and deputy protected them.

It worked hand in hand pretty well. The clan mates were satisfied, as he were. The shelter was grand. The food was delicious. The territory was protected. The only thing he didn't like was the lousy beings beyond the border--Dusk syndicate.

The tom remembered venturing out there a few times before. Saw some faces he never wanted to see again. Yet, he felt that they were picking at a fight. Something that everyone knew he wouldn’t turn down. Fighting was his specialty. After all, if it weren’t would he not have build up the muscles he dearly worked hard on? Even as he leaned down, he felt the tension in his muscles tighten up. He flexed his claws a bit, hoping to calm them down. He knew he wasn’t going to be working out tomorrow--or whatever danger he was going to put himself. He felt that he got enough exercise with those rocks. He most likely smelled like dust and rocks. Perhaps, he should start grooming himself as well.

As the tom finished most of his food, his ears pricked at the sound of a cheerful voice. A voice he knew all too well. A voice everyone knew all too well. Slowly, the silver tabby lifted his head, staring right into the blue orbs of the deputy. At first, he was speechless. What was she doing here? Did he do something wrong? Was he in trouble? He couldn’t had been. Her voice was too cheerful for her to be serious with him. Besides, she was carrying a rabbit in her maw. The tom shifted his weight, and he sat up, correcting his posture. ‘’Hi.’’ His mews friendly with a smile on his face.

He was still trying to figure out what the ebony deputy wanted. When he noticed that he was just staring at her with a tilt of his head, he widened his eyes and quickly apologized. ‘’Sorry! I--um...you can sit here.’’ He answered as politely as possible. He was about finished with his meal anyhow, and he shifted over so that the deputy could feel comfortable where she was at. The tom was certainly surprised that she wanted to sit by him. There were so many friends that she had that were around, so why didn’t she want to sit by them?

It wasn’t that he didn’t enjoy her company. He never really had her attention nor her company, so it was natural for him to feel a type of panic coming through to him. To settle himself down, he began grooming himself, hoping to calm the scent of rocks and dirt. Naturally he smelled of pinewood and a hint of wild berries--another favorite of his. The silver tabby took rasp licks at his chest fur, then his paws. He curled his tail around him, and began taking licks at his shoulders. From the corner of his eyes, he watched Auroraflame.

It was weird. Peculiar to him that he was being rude to the deputy. Not saying a word to her? How could be so dense minded? Of course, he answered her, but that was it. What else was he suppose to do? Make small conversation? One thing that the tom did not like was making small conversation. Small conversation led to a short meet--she would eventually leave him, and think on otherwise as to why she approached him at al.

Umbraice cleared his throat, stopping himself from his grooming process. He gave a gentle nod towards Auroraflame, ‘’So how is everything, miss Auroraflame? I know you’ve been busy, but wow! You went barreling at that food pile, haven’t you?’’ He purred, chuckling. The best thing to avoid small talk was to start out a conversation on light weighted humor. Hopefully, everything would be smooth between them to talk and laugh. Umbraice was surprised that he landed the company of the deputy--who was next? The leader?! The tom chuckled to himself, and more at Auroraflame. He saw her running towards the fresh kill pile--everyone had. She was almost like a kit at nature, running around. He didn’t blame her. He felt that she was overwhelmed with duties, and he respected her for handling the clan like she did. She was a great cat, indeed.