Shadow's Break
by Pitou
Last post by Neptune.
Today 01:03 PM

Old April 24th, 2020, 07:22 PM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: The Waterbarn

Blackpaw clawed at a nearby bug on a blade of grass. This is such a bad idea. No it's great, now you'll finally see you're not enough for her. You can never be enough for her Oh this was such a bad idea.
@Chasepaw @DarkNight

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.

Last edited by Exis; April 24th, 2020 at 07:22 PM.
Old April 24th, 2020, 08:08 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Flintfreckle couldn’t argue. He knew how... violent Icestar was. She had a pride as tall as StarClan, Flintfreckle sometimes thought. When his apprentice said nothing more, he felt a stab of disappointment. Apparently that train of conversation didn’t make his apprentice didn’t feel any more open to him. “Where’s your family? Any kin?” The speckled tom asked, stormy-gray eyes flashing in the dappled sunlight m. He quickened his pace, wanting to have time to do all the borders. Before he knew it, they broke through a clump of ferns into the salty-smelling area of grass and grain covering the earth. He made a grand motion towards the Waterbarn. “It’s... A abandoned Twoleg nest. A strange one.” He told his apprentice, unable to keep his nose from wrinkling. Not his favorite place of ShadowClan’s but it was important for the white apprentice to know.

( @bmkmb )

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old April 24th, 2020, 09:53 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

Frostpaw's gaze hardened at the mention of family and kin. His body tensed for a second before he forced himself to relax. If Flintfreckle wanted to make conversation with him, then he should note not to ask anything even remotely resembling a personal question. "Any family worth mentioning is dead," Frostpaw bit out. Later he would regret his harsh tone, not wanting to upset his mentor, but not now. His biological parents had treated him like trash, his siblings following in their pawsteps. Living in ThunderClan had been torture until he'd met Lion and Raven, and the latter was dead.

Frostpaw was thankful for the distraction that the Waterbarn presented. He let its salty scent up his nose, then padded closer to the twoleg nest. It reminded him of a twoleg barn, almost, but not quite. The white apprentice spotted a crack in the nest and walked over to it. "Is that the entrance?" he asked Flintfreckle, signaling towards the crack with his tail.

@Ombre Party
Have a wonderful day!
Old April 25th, 2020, 02:37 PM
🧂= Yes

My Mood: Unamused

He took her to the otherside. "I was talking to some friends.... They want-t me to ask you... Do you like Blackpaw?"
Old April 25th, 2020, 02:50 PM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasepaw View Post
He took her to the otherside. "I was talking to some friends.... They want-t me to ask you... Do you like Blackpaw?"
@DarkNight

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.

Last edited by Exis; April 25th, 2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old April 25th, 2020, 03:56 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
Frozenpaw sneaked up on Echokit--real stealth like, truly a pro--and rose on his hindlegs to go "REEEE!" before slamming his paws back down in the dirt, zipping into circles around Owlfeather. She was his favorite so far! However, he skidded to a stop when he saw a mouse ducking into the corner of the hay. "FOOD!" he squealed and ran toward it to shred away, but there was no mouse to be found. A war crying squeak fell from him as he danced around in a circle, a whirlwind heading right for Owlfeather. Until... he smacked into her and crumpled like a paper towel, curling up to sleep now that he was drained of energy.

@Casper
Owlfeather tried to keep her eyes on the little ball of energy, laughing quietly. He certainly was an amusing kit. She purred when the kit crashed into her and fell right asleep. She took a moment to groom his fur back into place, before allowing herself to get a little rest as well.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old April 25th, 2020, 06:43 PM
nothing but a comedy

My Mood: Devilish

[OPEN]

Hollowkit twisted long blades of grass in his claws, watching as they eventually broke or fell. After a few minutes, the tom pinned one down, slicing it exactly down the middle as it flapped in the wind before letting it fly away.

Bored, he gazed out at his companions and took in the scene.

A few were asleep.

Hm.

Deciding to follow their lead, Hollowkit flopped over on his side, carefully curling his tail around his white haunches.

Will I dream?

"If an angelic being fell from the sky, and tried to live in this world of ours, I think even they would commit many wrongs."

-Sui Ishida
Old April 25th, 2020, 09:43 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

( @bmkmb )

Flintfreckle inwardly cringed away the the young apprentice’s harsh tone. Though he wasn’t deterred, he dropped his gaze, feeling a spot in his heart hollow out even though he’d been trying to fix it. “I’m sorry.” His mew was husky. “I-My mate died earlier. She left me and our kits behind.” He dropped his head, but when the entrance was mention, the black tom nodded. His eyes were troubled and he was more subdued now that he had spoken up. “One of them. There a couple cracks that could serve as more entrances but that one is the most noticeable and used. Let’s go.” Flintfreckle had little enthusiasm left in his voice and the speckled tom powered forward, pushing himself through the hole and into the Twoleg nest.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old April 25th, 2020, 09:47 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Smokewing watched everyone, one by one, let tiredness overcome them. Finally her heart had stopped thundering in her chest. She could still feel breath wheezing out of her chest, rattling from her poor lung capacity, but she didn't want to go to sleep. Not if everyone else was.
So instead, she settled herself at the opening of the Waterbarn, looking wearily outside. Why had Riverclan attacked? It sent a terrifying chill down her spine, to think that they just... Attacked out of no where. Then again, that's how most attacks went. No notice. A peaceful day, ruined by bloodshed. Thankfully they were able to escape, but what of the warriors, and what of Icestar? Hopefully there wouldn't be too many losses. But they, the queens, the kits, Owlfeather, they were all safe. The most vulnerable. That was good, no one would have to worry about them. They could deal with the intruders and then come and tell them to come back. She only hoped it wasn't too long, it wasn't as warm in here as it was the nursery. Hopefully the kits would sleep alright.
Turning her head around, she'd look at the sleeping ones before sighing softly and looking back in the direction of camp. Hopefully it would be over soon.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 25th, 2020, 10:34 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

Frostpaw waited for Flintfreckle to enter the twoleg nest, then paused for a few seconds before finally following the speckled cat in. He hadn't known... of course he hadn't! But that was still a horrible excuse! Just because he had a bad ten moons of life, that didn't give him permission to verbally vent out his emotions on others. From the way that Lionpaw reacted to some of his biting words, Frostpaw would've thought that he'd learned that by now, but apparently not. It was a bad habit, one that only came out when he was stressed or about to lose control. Or when a cat brought up a sore memory, he supposed.

The inside of the Waterbarn was larger than what Frostpaw had expected it to be. It still smelled like salt. From the inside, the white apprentice was easily able to spot the rest of the entrances. There were quite a few of them, a useful feature for an emergency camp, especially if a hundred cats would all be cooped up at the same time.

Despite the intriguing qualities of the Waterbarn, Frostpaw couldn't quite bring himself to pay attention. His mind kept backing up to his failed conversation with his mentor and he wanted to apologize, but he couldn't quite bring himself to do that, either. Without any questions to ask, Frostpaw found himself looking to Flintfreckle for further instruction, although he purposely landed his gaze on the older cat's paws rather than his face.

@Ombre Party
Have a wonderful day!