Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"What Once was Mine will...
Last post by chickadee
Today 03:24 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:20 PM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:19 PM
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Littlesun0112
Today 03:09 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Spider-in-the-corner
Today 03:05 PM

Old July 4th, 2017, 10:42 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

@Hexict @BluBunny @Duskflight

Lotusheart was overjoyed that both Lochkit and Quailkit were interested in taking part of the conversation. Lochkit coming up to them was a new thing for Lotusheart. Normally he was the one to stay in the nest, so when the kit that looked exactly like her former mate came up, she couldn't help but give him a quick lick on the head. She pulled away quickly, unsure how he would react before she looked at Fogleap. "And this is my son, Lochkit," she spoke giving her son a warm look. She wouldn't explain how similar her fluffy kit looked to her mate, that was a family thing that could stay within the family. She didn't want to cause any distress, but it didn't help that her friend shared the prefix of their father. "He's a little soft-spoken, but I guess he's willing to talk now," she spoke, hoping he would. She knew exposing him to new cats was a good thing, but she limited how many cats came to visit him. As Quailkit asked to play, she let a little smile cross her face. Perhaps this was going to work out after all! Oh, how she hoped so. There was nothing she'd prefer more than to have happy kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunny View Post
Fogleap chuckled a bit, "Your mother and I haven't been friends for.too long.. But I would love to be your friend! We can play any time you please!" He purred. His ocean blue eyes landed on Lochkit, he had felt the kits eyes watching him. He could tell that thiskit was much different from his brother. He bowed his head a bit, "Hey there Lochkit. I hope you don't mind me talking to your mother or brother." He said with with light chuckle.

(Sorry for the late reply, with fourth of July coming up my family has been wanting me to clean up and stuff so the house looks nice and whatever)
The kit looked towards his mother as she spoke, introducing him to the stranger. When she leaned down to lick his head he shied away a bit, but felt bad as she pulled back. He forced a small purr and gave her a tiny smile to make up for his own reaction to her motherly action. Lochkit did love her even if he didn't talk much and didn't really show it... he just had difficulty showing his emotions at times - he had never even tried to recover from their father's death and has let it shape him into an anti-social tom whom rarely spoke to others. Sometimes he would hardly even deal with his family and just watch them from the nest, afraid that if he looked away they might get taken from him like their father had been.

He envied his siblings, who seemed to be able to recover.

Yellow orbs were wide with some curiosity as he turned them away from Lotusheart and returned to watching Fogleap after the molly explained how he didn't speak much but might be willing to now. Lotusheart knew that he wasn't good with other cats and he was distrustful, so they didn't have many visitors - though he had become accustomed to the older tom, their grandfather Stormblaze. The fluffy kit's fur began to rise slightly as Fogleap offered to be Quailkit's friend. He turned a concerned look towards Lotusheart. I don't want this stranger around Quailkit! What if something happens? Even if their mother trusted this tom, he wasn't going to do the same so easily! They didn't even talk to Fogleap before now, and Quailkit wanted to play with him? Lochkit hoped that maybe Lotusheart would see what he was thinking and not trust the tom... but he knew deep down that she was aware Fogleap wasn't any threat and the grey and white kit was doing over-protective of his family.

Again, the tom-kit turned back towards the warrior, this time due to the fact that he was now addressing him. He uncomfortably looked towards the ground at first, but remembered the hope in Lotusheart's voice when she said that he might to up to talking right now. "It's fine..." his voice was barely more than a mutter as he scrapped up the courage to speak to the stranger. He honestly didn't enjoy this tome talking to them, but it was too rude to say so out loud, and Lotusheart seemed to happy that Quailkit and Fogleap were getting along. She seemed to worry about her kits since their father had been murdered, and now Quailkit seemed to be getting along with one of her friends, so how could he spoil this for her?

(it's fine and understandable :3)

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; July 4th, 2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old July 5th, 2017, 11:10 AM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
The kit looked towards his mother as she spoke, introducing him to the stranger. When she leaned down to lick his head he shied away a bit, but felt bad as she pulled back. He forced a small purr and gave her a tiny smile to make up for his own reaction to her motherly action. Lochkit did love her even if he didn't talk much and didn't really show it... he just had difficulty showing his emotions at times - he had never even tried to recover from their father's death and has let it shape him into an anti-social tom whom rarely spoke to others. Sometimes he would hardly even deal with his family and just watch them from the nest, afraid that if he looked away they might get taken from him like their father had been.

He envied his siblings, who seemed to be able to recover.

Yellow orbs were wide with some curiosity as he turned them away from Lotusheart and returned to watching Fogleap after the molly explained how he didn't speak much but might be willing to now. Lotusheart knew that he wasn't good with other cats and he was distrustful, so they didn't have many visitors - though he had become accustomed to the older tom, their grandfather Stormblaze. The fluffy kit's fur began to rise slightly as Fogleap offered to be Quailkit's friend. He turned a concerned look towards Lotusheart. I don't want this stranger around Quailkit! What if something happens? Even if their mother trusted this tom, he wasn't going to do the same so easily! They didn't even talk to Fogleap before now, and Quailkit wanted to play with him? Lochkit hoped that maybe Lotusheart would see what he was thinking and not trust the tom... but he knew deep down that she was aware Fogleap wasn't any threat and the grey and white kit was doing over-protective of his family.

Again, the tom-kit turned back towards the warrior, this time due to the fact that he was now addressing him. He uncomfortably looked towards the ground at first, but remembered the hope in Lotusheart's voice when she said that he might to up to talking right now. "It's fine..." his voice was barely more than a mutter as he scrapped up the courage to speak to the stranger. He honestly didn't enjoy this tome talking to them, but it was too rude to say so out loud, and Lotusheart seemed to happy that Quailkit and Fogleap were getting along. She seemed to worry about her kits since their father had been murdered, and now Quailkit seemed to be getting along with one of her friends, so how could he spoil this for her?

(it's fine and understandable :3)
Fogleap smiled a bit, he was glad he could get some sort of reply out of the kit. Of course the tom had no idea what happened in these kits past and just assumed Lochkit just wasn't much of a talker. "What do you like to do, Lochkit?" He purred and tilted his head to one side. The Siamese cat sat and wrapped his long tail, which had accidentally tripped their mother earlier that day, around his paws. He wanted to get to know both kits but he had a feeling Lochkit would take much longer to get to know then his brother. His eyes turned towards Quailkit, "And what is your favorite game to play?" He purred.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old July 6th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking

The air was clear. It was crisp, and pure. Scents of flowers and green leafs dwindled in the zephyrs around Aspenkit as she inhaled deeply. The air smelled of wide outdoors and plentiful spaces. Her ears angled to focus on the rustle of trees and hum of the bees that blocked out the murmur of the camp. Her ears and senses blocked out the sounds of others. Her nose smelled the air, heard the breeze, felt the grass, and saw the darkness in her closed eyes that helped Aspenkit focus. The space seemed clear, had she taken off over the river and floated above the tree line? That's what it felt like right now. Peaceful.
She angled her ears slightly forward to catch the buzz of a hummingbird, only, to hear voices. It was like an explosion in the midst of a meadow, so unnatural and alarming. Aspenkit flinched when she heard conversations intruding on her state of zen, mourning voices that tried to blend in. There was a flare of anger inside of Aspenkit. But what kit would get angry at noise and chatter?
She took a deep breath, making her little chest heave. Her ears retreated backwards as she opened her eyes. She had once thought that cats with blue eyes saw a blue world, and brown eyes would see a brown filter over the world. She was scared that her gaze would turn a rich, earthy, dark emerald, and was astonished to find out they didn't, eland even now she would partially expect the world to turn different colors. Instead, the RiverClan camp appeared.
Sitting in the entrance of the nursery, was a little kitten. Still fuzzy and fluffy, but looking much older in demeanor.her dark green eyes wide, but strikingly masked with the black other lining color of her eyes. Her brown patches blended with the reeds in the back, her tan flecks speckling her face. Her white base coat stood out against the dim, cozy backdrop.She was small and hidden by the reed fronds, but intently watching the nature beyond.
The moment she could go out there, she would run and be free and explore. She couldn't wait to see a tree. See another angle or the rivers around, hunt fish, see different things. For now and the next three moons, she would be stuck here. It wouldn't be bad, one day she'll yearn these times, and rather than sit around and wish she made it to the fullest, she would use her time wisely and make these kit years the best.
But what to do? Go look at the fish available, or find someone to talk to. Aspenkit looked down at the ground and her paws. She was much happier enjoying nature. But now, the murmur of the clan had disrupted her haven hideaway in her mind.
She peered out of the nursery, her muzzle into the sun. She pulled back as the glare crossed her eyes. It was too hot to go outside. She backed into the nursery, and stared at the woven plant walls in the darkened space. The light dappled the entrance, so Aspenkit went to the far wall and sat in the cool corner, and breathe son the cozier, more tampered air and closed her eyes to imagine the days ahead, and how she would soon be freely out in the open to enjoy the things she had dreamed inside the camp walls.
What was the point? Sitting in the nursery waiting for something to happen wouldn't do any good. Aspenkit stood on her four paws, then picked her was across the springy river plants that lined their bedding. Even though the sun was hot, she pushed herself outside, tripping on her should-be nimble paws, and rushed over to the entrance as fast as her short legs could go, a balloon of exitment floating her forward. Maybe someone would let her out? Or would she just dream about someone letting her explore the outside on her own? Dreaming sounded better than tripping over stones.
Old July 7th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Angelique's Brother!

My Mood: Fanatic

@Hopekit;

Goldenkit walked into the nursery with a minnow in her jaws, making her way to find Hopekit. The she-kit looked around for the kit with her mouth opened a bit to try and scent the other kit. "Where you at Hopekit?! I got something for us to share!" yowled Goldenkit.

Or I'm going to eat it myself!

She didn't dare to yowl out what she had just thought. Goldenkit continued her search, hoping that she would spot the kit soon.

Please know that your perfect no matter what gender, sexuality, etc is.

I'll only be on from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am my time.
Old July 8th, 2017, 03:53 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
P-ince and p-incess? The feline tried to keep from laughing at that. It was quite funny, honestly... but she wouldn't laugh. After all, he couldn't help it if he couldn't pronounce the words 'prince and princess' correctly. Hey, they could be tricky words. She... supposed. But she still didn't really want to laugh. After all, the fact that he was trying was nice. "Um-m... do you have any friends, or - or siblings who could be a prince or princess?" She asked, accenting the "R's" more clearly this time. Perhaps he simply hadn't heard them the last time. Well, no matter... she would be certain that he did this time around.
Cygnetkit heard the accentuation this time; he had known that the "r"'s needed to be pronounced clearly, but he just hadn't managed. His ears flicked nervously; it was humiliating, personally, to be reminded of the fact that he was young and still inexperienced with many things, but outwardly, it seemed more like he had just misheard, despite his heightened senses. Gulping down his slight fear, the gray tabby felt ready to start again and give the strangely complicated words another try. He sucked in a deep breath, the cold air that rushed into his lungs steadying and gentle. "Yes, I do.. I don't know if any them would want to be a... a prince or princess, butwecouldask!" he replied, the last few words jumbled in his excitement; he had finally managed to say the words, as trivial as it might seem to others. Cygnetkit always felt shamed by others for being blind; other kits would jeer and prod, insulting him for something he didn't have control of. And so when he messed up at other things, like speech, it was often attributed to his disability, like his blindness somehow made him less of a person, made him worse in other areas. So this little win, this tiny victory, felt special; he treasure moments when he could overcome a down coming, and even just saying words properly was truly fulfilling. "Do you have any siblings, Blossom?" Cygnetkit mewed in response, head tilted slightly, foggy eyes unfocused, even though they drifted towards the source of the sound.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old July 9th, 2017, 02:06 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post
Cygnetkit heard the accentuation this time; he had known that the "r"'s needed to be pronounced clearly, but he just hadn't managed. His ears flicked nervously; it was humiliating, personally, to be reminded of the fact that he was young and still inexperienced with many things, but outwardly, it seemed more like he had just misheard, despite his heightened senses. Gulping down his slight fear, the gray tabby felt ready to start again and give the strangely complicated words another try. He sucked in a deep breath, the cold air that rushed into his lungs steadying and gentle. "Yes, I do.. I don't know if any them would want to be a... a prince or princess, butwecouldask!" he replied, the last few words jumbled in his excitement; he had finally managed to say the words, as trivial as it might seem to others. Cygnetkit always felt shamed by others for being blind; other kits would jeer and prod, insulting him for something he didn't have control of. And so when he messed up at other things, like speech, it was often attributed to his disability, like his blindness somehow made him less of a person, made him worse in other areas. So this little win, this tiny victory, felt special; he treasure moments when he could overcome a down coming, and even just saying words properly was truly fulfilling. "Do you have any siblings, Blossom?" Cygnetkit mewed in response, head tilted slightly, foggy eyes unfocused, even though they drifted towards the source of the sound.

Blossomkit grinned as he pronounced the words correctly this time. His excitement was understandable - she was confident she would be just as excited did something like that happen with her, and her hues lit up with pleasure. That would be a big step - if she were his age. The age difference between the two was a few moons, she supposed, and yet her mental state was younger then her actual age. It was like she was stuck in the past. The past when Bucknight had still been leader. Because it was too much for her to wrap her mind around right now. Oh, she still trusted StarClan, of course... or at least she believed in them. Trust might be too strong of a word. Believe? Well, it wasn't as strong, and Blossomkit was more confident that that was what she was feeling. "We could definitely ask them, if you know where they are right now..." Her voice trailed off and she watched him for a moment, as though she were trying to stare directly through him. Or, into him, rather. It was a minute later when she finally looked away, feeling a sharp twinge of embarassment. What had she been doing? Part of Blossomkit didn't even know. The other part? Well... to be honest, even that part was unsure."Siblings? I just have a brother, who should be... around here somewhere. Probably out goofing off, he does that a lot." The young cat's mind turned to Copperkit, who should have been spending a little more time with her in her opinion. And yet he didn't. He never did.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old July 11th, 2017, 10:08 AM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Blossomkit grinned as he pronounced the words correctly this time. His excitement was understandable - she was confident she would be just as excited did something like that happen with her, and her hues lit up with pleasure. That would be a big step - if she were his age. The age difference between the two was a few moons, she supposed, and yet her mental state was younger then her actual age. It was like she was stuck in the past. The past when Bucknight had still been leader. Because it was too much for her to wrap her mind around right now. Oh, she still trusted StarClan, of course... or at least she believed in them. Trust might be too strong of a word. Believe? Well, it wasn't as strong, and Blossomkit was more confident that that was what she was feeling. "We could definitely ask them, if you know where they are right now..." Her voice trailed off and she watched him for a moment, as though she were trying to stare directly through him. Or, into him, rather. It was a minute later when she finally looked away, feeling a sharp twinge of embarassment. What had she been doing? Part of Blossomkit didn't even know. The other part? Well... to be honest, even that part was unsure."Siblings? I just have a brother, who should be... around here somewhere. Probably out goofing off, he does that a lot." The young cat's mind turned to Copperkit, who should have been spending a little more time with her in her opinion. And yet he didn't. He never did.
Cygnetkit began searching for his own siblings; his head twisted around, pivoting farther than seemed natural. But it was obvious that he wasn't quite looking for them; instead, he was smelling, hearing, and feeling. His ears twitched around, hoping for the telltale footsteps of a sister or brother. Nothing there; maybe they were asleep, or sitting? So, he let his nose at it, the soft pink nostrils twitching gently, as he waited to catch a glimpse of them on the wind. Nothing but old, faded scent. So, Cygnetkit let out a sigh and turned to Blossomkit, ears folded partly back, in defeat and slight sadness. "Guess none of my siblings are here. They always go out without me... something about the blind kit being worthless. Not strong enough. Useless. So, um... I hope your brother is here," the grey-brown tom mewed, muttered even, bitter at his siblings and frustrated with how they had been raised. Boulderglare, his father, always said that physical disability was a weakness; he still respected his father, being an adept warrior and powerful tom, but was afraid of the religious dogma he spewed to his children. One day, would his siblings attack him, kill him, say they were strong for murdering someone lesser than him. The tiny kitten shuddered at the thought, fur puffing out around him; his greatest fear was that someone he trusted would take advantage of his disability. Without another word, he scooted closer to Blossomkit, laying his head gently against her chest, just like he did to his warrior sister Mistfall when she visited.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old July 14th, 2017, 07:48 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

Cygnetkit began searching for his own siblings; his head twisted around, pivoting farther than seemed natural. But it was obvious that he wasn't quite looking for them; instead, he was smelling, hearing, and feeling. His ears twitched around, hoping for the telltale footsteps of a sister or brother. Nothing there; maybe they were asleep, or sitting? So, he let his nose at it, the soft pink nostrils twitching gently, as he waited to catch a glimpse of them on the wind. Nothing but old, faded scent. So, Cygnetkit let out a sigh and turned to Blossomkit, ears folded partly back, in defeat and slight sadness. "Guess none of my siblings are here. They always go out without me... something about the blind kit being worthless. Not strong enough. Useless. So, um... I hope your brother is here," the grey-brown tom mewed, muttered even, bitter at his siblings and frustrated with how they had been raised. Boulderglare, his father, always said that physical disability was a weakness; he still respected his father, being an adept warrior and powerful tom, but was afraid of the religious dogma he spewed to his children. One day, would his siblings attack him, kill him, say they were strong for murdering someone lesser than him. The tiny kitten shuddered at the thought, fur puffing out around him; his greatest fear was that someone he trusted would take advantage of his disability. Without another word, he scooted closer to Blossomkit, laying his head gently against her chest, just like he did to his warrior sister Mistfall when she visited.
Whoa...
This was the first time she had heard Cygnetkit sounding - or looking - anywhere near depressed. And here he was, doing both. Blossomkit wasn't quite sure what to say or do to comfort him. He had never seemed like he needed it. The brown and white feline's eyes were fixed on her younger friend as she struggled once more to figure out what would be appropriate to say to him. Though she had never been the best at this kind of thing. It just didn't seem to be the type of talent that she had... a shame, but hey, at least she was getting better with making friends. Just some nerves at the beginning, wondering what they might think of her, and then depending on whether they were nice or mean, sometimes she ended up with a new friend - sometimes a new enemy. Or at least, a cat who she strongly disliked. See, Blossomkit hated thinking of her clanmates as enemies. If she thought of one of them as an enemy, what would happen when the time for battle came? Would they have her back? Would she have their back? No, probably not, and then the battle could be lost. Which would not be good at all. "Well, they're wrong if they think you're worthless." She finally mewed. Yes, she had been looking for Copperkit, but... she couldn't see him. Apparently he had scooted off again as well. "I kinda know how you feel. My brother's not here either, he's... always going off without me." Her expression became a little more downcast as she said that. Why did siblings have to be so mean sometimes? Couldn't they just include their sisters - or brothers - in the games that they played? A soft weight suddenly pressed against Blossomkit's chest, and she looked down in surprise to see Cygnetkit laying his head there. If that was what he needed to make him feel better, she certainly didn't mind. And so she stayed absolutely still, unsure when he was going to move... or if he would move.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old July 20th, 2017, 02:40 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Whoa...
This was the first time she had heard Cygnetkit sounding - or looking - anywhere near depressed. And here he was, doing both. Blossomkit wasn't quite sure what to say or do to comfort him. He had never seemed like he needed it. The brown and white feline's eyes were fixed on her younger friend as she struggled once more to figure out what would be appropriate to say to him. Though she had never been the best at this kind of thing. It just didn't seem to be the type of talent that she had... a shame, but hey, at least she was getting better with making friends. Just some nerves at the beginning, wondering what they might think of her, and then depending on whether they were nice or mean, sometimes she ended up with a new friend - sometimes a new enemy. Or at least, a cat who she strongly disliked. See, Blossomkit hated thinking of her clanmates as enemies. If she thought of one of them as an enemy, what would happen when the time for battle came? Would they have her back? Would she have their back? No, probably not, and then the battle could be lost. Which would not be good at all. "Well, they're wrong if they think you're worthless." She finally mewed. Yes, she had been looking for Copperkit, but... she couldn't see him. Apparently he had scooted off again as well. "I kinda know how you feel. My brother's not here either, he's... always going off without me." Her expression became a little more downcast as she said that. Why did siblings have to be so mean sometimes? Couldn't they just include their sisters - or brothers - in the games that they played? A soft weight suddenly pressed against Blossomkit's chest, and she looked down in surprise to see Cygnetkit laying his head there. If that was what he needed to make him feel better, she certainly didn't mind. And so she stayed absolutely still, unsure when he was going to move... or if he would move.
His chest heaved with gentle sobs, tears leaking from his eyes; it was such a touchy subject for the little tom, from being made an outcast his entire life. At least now he had something of a friend, an older kit who seemed to care; a bit of a sister, almost. His face nuzzled into her pelt, the fluffy fur tickling his hypersensitive nose. He let out a gentle sneeze, in between sobs, face wet from crying. Although Blossomkit didn't move to comfort him, her tolerating his weeping was shockingly kind to him, a knowledge that at the very least she wasn't afraid of his disability. But, quickly, his tears began to dissipate; it was a bit of a social survival mechanism for Cygnetkit. If his siblings or father saw him crying, he'd only recieve more biting remarks, more cruel taunting. He sniffled softly, wiping his tears away with the back of a paw. "Th...Thanks... thanks for n-not wa-walking.... walking away,"he whimpered quietly, words weak and watery, like twice-strained tea. His tail twitched, and he shuffled slightly away, shaking pitifully, shoulders hunched against a non-existent breeze. "I... I'm sorry," he whimpered gently, ears folding back, flinching as if Blossomkit would hit him for being weak; sometimes, his father would cuff him over the ears with unsheathed claws, leaving chunks of fur pulled out and small scars, becuase Bloudglare thought he was weak or useless. But, most others didn't care or notice about the old, healing injuries. In fact, there had never been other cat who commented on them.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old July 21st, 2017, 09:37 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

His chest heaved with gentle sobs, tears leaking from his eyes; it was such a touchy subject for the little tom, from being made an outcast his entire life. At least now he had something of a friend, an older kit who seemed to care; a bit of a sister, almost. His face nuzzled into her pelt, the fluffy fur tickling his hypersensitive nose. He let out a gentle sneeze, in between sobs, face wet from crying. Although Blossomkit didn't move to comfort him, her tolerating his weeping was shockingly kind to him, a knowledge that at the very least she wasn't afraid of his disability. But, quickly, his tears began to dissipate; it was a bit of a social survival mechanism for Cygnetkit. If his siblings or father saw him crying, he'd only recieve more biting remarks, more cruel taunting. He sniffled softly, wiping his tears away with the back of a paw. "Th...Thanks... thanks for n-not wa-walking.... walking away,"he whimpered quietly, words weak and watery, like twice-strained tea. His tail twitched, and he shuffled slightly away, shaking pitifully, shoulders hunched against a non-existent breeze. "I... I'm sorry," he whimpered gently, ears folding back, flinching as if Blossomkit would hit him for being weak; sometimes, his father would cuff him over the ears with unsheathed claws, leaving chunks of fur pulled out and small scars, becuase Bloudglare thought he was weak or useless. But, most others didn't care or notice about the old, healing injuries. In fact, there had never been other cat who commented on them.
"You have nothing to be sorry for," Blossomkit mewed with a soft smile as she glanced down at the younger tom. A little guilt that she hadn't moved earlier in an attempt to comfort him came over her, but it passed after a moment of thinking and finally realizing that it, in all honesty, was probably better just to stay like this. Blossomkit had always wanted a younger brother, ever since she was a very young kit... she had dreamed of having a smaller cat around. Copperkit was her littermate and, while she knew he tried, he wasn't exactly the ideal companion for her. But Cygnetkit, well, Blossomkit could have gotten used to having him as a littermate. He was a sweet cat. A shadow passed over her face as she thought she spotted something on him - it looked as though someone had clawed him, but who would do that to a young kit? As far as Blossomkit knew, no one was that cruel. Young cats were still getting used to the world, they couldn't know the rights and wrongs of everything! The gentle cat gave the younger tom a comforting lick on the top of his head, her eyes sparking with concern for him. Did cats just walk away from him? That was what he had made it sound like - thanks for not walking away. The poor thing, the brown and white kit thought with a stunning realization. She couldn't believe anyone would be so cruel but, then again, that was the way of the world. The way it worked. The strong survived and the weak were cast aside - though in a Clan, the strong were supposed to help the weak. Which included kits. So then, who wasn't following the rules... or at least, the rules as far as she knew them?