Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Monthly Kudos

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Themed Art Competition...
by ramen
Last post by ThePrettyPurpleDemon
Today 06:11 PM
Ref Sheet Base By Me??
Last post by leopard.
Today 06:09 PM
QNA for some of my...
Last post by GalaxyDreams
Today 06:08 PM
Ready to devour all your...
Last post by ramen
Today 06:06 PM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by nyx
Today 06:04 PM

Old January 6th, 2018, 12:45 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Monthly Kudos Changes

Hey all,

Due to a lack of votes, both Ship of the Month and Non-Rom Relationship of the Month have been removed. For the time being, we're keeping Character and Roleplay of the Month, but this is subject to change depending on how their activity fares.

If Monthly Kudos gets more traction, we might consider reintroducing the removed threads as 'Pair of the Month' - a combination that can be either romantic or not. If this happens, the award users received will be based off whether their pairing would be romantic or non-romantic.

If Monthly Kudos falls into further inactivity, there's a good chance it will be removed from the site entirely. There's no reason to keep it around if users aren't interested in it.
Old January 6th, 2018, 03:01 AM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Monthly Kudos Changes

I don’t know what Monthly Kudos are or how to use/get them...

Character Site

Old January 6th, 2018, 03:22 AM
work is never done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameleaf View Post
I don’t know what Monthly Kudos are or how to use/get them...
I'd suggest looking at the COTM / RPOTM threads within this category. MK is basically a chance to have a character or roleplay be recognized for excellence. Your content needs to be nominated by a user to have a chance to win, though.

wolfhive
Old January 6th, 2018, 04:11 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

I'd like to see pair of the month...it's a shame monthly kudos is going inactive...I've noticed it started going inactive since the changes were made to it.
Old January 6th, 2018, 04:15 AM
work is never done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
I'd like to see pair of the month...it's a shame monthly kudos is going inactive...I've noticed it started going inactive since the changes were made to it.
It was going inactive before that. The changes briefly boosted the activity but it fell back down.

wolfhive
Old January 6th, 2018, 08:50 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

I use to vote, but then the rules became unfair so I stopped... that may be the reason why many have stopped voting as well.

The new rule that the winner is randomly selected seems very unfair, whereas before it was if the character/roleplay/couple/ect. were believes to actually be the winner OTM they would win. It just seems very unfair that someone could get five votes against one of another's, but the latter may win because they are randomly selected :/

It's no longer a vote that all the members can get involved with since they may wish to vote for someone who was already selected, so now they can't vote - since it's OTM, people shouldn't be reduced to voting for their second favorite or further down the list, but rather who was their favorite of that month. People may feel like there's no use to voting because of this, which I know I do....

I understand this may have been an attempt to make it more fair, but if so, it had failed in doing so. If you changed the rules back - or possible set up a poll on the matter - the activity may change back to how it use to be?

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old January 6th, 2018, 09:26 AM
cool

My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
I use to vote, but then the rules became unfair so I stopped... that may be the reason why many have stopped voting as well.

The new rule that the winner is randomly selected seems very unfair, whereas before it was if the character/roleplay/couple/ect. were believes to actually be the winner OTM they would win. It just seems very unfair that someone could get five votes against one of another's, but the latter may win because they are randomly selected :/

It's no longer a vote that all the members can get involved with since they may wish to vote for someone who was already selected, so now they can't vote - since it's OTM, people shouldn't be reduced to voting for their second favorite or further down the list, but rather who was their favorite of that month. People may feel like there's no use to voting because of this, which I know I do....

I understand this may have been an attempt to make it more fair, but if so, it had failed in doing so. If you changed the rules back - or possible set up a poll on the matter - the activity may change back to how it use to be?
the old monthly kudos rules were actually a lot more unfair. every time, the winning otm was created by a popular person and voted for because hey had a lot of friends, or a high rank who got attention simply for their position.

it was impossible to apply a less well-known otm because no one would vote for them, even if they did deserve it. randomizing the results allows anything to be nominated, regardless of how well-known it is. the voting was a flawed system and basically a popularity contest.

it simply makes no sense to have a voting system. otms would return to only winning because they were popular characters or rped by a popular user.
Old January 6th, 2018, 09:55 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
the old monthly kudos rules were actually a lot more unfair. every time, the winning otm was created by a popular person and voted for because hey had a lot of friends, or a high rank who got attention simply for their position.

it was impossible to apply a less well-known otm because no one would vote for them, even if they did deserve it. randomizing the results allows anything to be nominated, regardless of how well-known it is. the voting was a flawed system and basically a popularity contest.

it simply makes no sense to have a voting system. otms would return to only winning because they were popular characters or rped by a popular user.
I can say from personal experience that that is actually untrue, I had won and I barely knew anyone on the site. They voted not because I was popular or anything like that, but because they genuinely believed I should win. And that's how I use to vote as well. When I won I was nearly a new member and I was so happy to have won - though now there is no point in voting since not everybody can vote for who they think should win :/

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; January 6th, 2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old January 6th, 2018, 10:50 AM
'No Ones Better Than You'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post

On top of what Hexict said, the only reason high ranks were picked because they were good characters - the reason they were chosen for both things.

I hadd an ok HR Wheatfur, and i did not get an OTM month because there were better characters, even though one person voted for him.

Site Finder
Pet's name: Stardust ❤︎

Just Dm me.
I have a tumblr
Momotaro245.

- Currently -
i will reply weekends
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:23 AM
The Thief of Apathy

My Mood: Thinking

I never voted on any OTM, because I saw it as unfair. When I joined, I saw that only high ranks get voted on or the person that's most recognized. To me, it wasn't even about the character. It's User of the Month.