by paris
Last post by SeonghwasBunnyEars
Today 08:18 PM

Old June 1st, 2022, 10:19 AM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

It was a pleasant day out, with the weather being warm but not too humid. The large golden medicine cat was out on the prowl, but not for prey. Rather, he was searching for plants. They seemed to burn through marigold quicker than they did through prey, and the herb store was worryingly low.

His first lucky find was in the hollow of a tree, where an abundance of abandoned cobwebs sat. Sticking his paw into the trunk, the tom began collecting them. He rolled them into two ball and tucked them under his chin, then stuck his paw in once more and collected as many cobwebs as he could wrap around that paw.

Now on three legs, he hopped closer to the creek, eyes peeled for those distinctive yellow flowers. Aha! There! In a few more hops, Sundust had arrived at a medium sized marigold patch. Leaning down - his tail lashing as he tried to maintain balance - he clamped his jaws around several stems and pulled them from the ground. Finally, with cobwebs tucked under his chin and wrapping his paw, and marigold held in his mouth, the tom began to hop back home.

[closed! emergency herb collection post!]

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old June 1st, 2022, 02:37 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfern View Post
Roosterflame
He/Him

__
As he was enjoying mouse and listening to the gurgling sound of the creek and feeling the cool wind that rose off of it onto his face, he heard the telltale sounds of company that had come a’calling.
A she-cat, who seemed a little younger than he, was standing near him, looking a might bit awkward. Roosterflame broke into a grin.
Soon as he heard the unnecessary words of apology, Roosterflame jerked to his paws and swallowed his bit of mouse. He trilled in greeting at the slightly younger Warrior,
“Ah, no, it’s fine! Don’t apologize, I appreciate the company. The animals aren’t very talkative,” He chuckled when she dipped her head, “I’ve just caught a mouse, want to share? It’s a beautiful day outside, perfect for a picnic.”
He beckoned her over with a welcoming smile and pushed the mouse closer to her,
“You’re Rainhound, right? That’s a pretty name, I love the sound the rain makes as it trickles over the leaves, it sounds like music, y’know?”
He knew he was being very chatty, but he couldn’t help it, he loved life and everything it had to offer, and talking was one of the delights he regularly gorged himself on, subconsciously making a point to say as much as he could on a subject that he enjoyed.
He sniffed the air. Speaking of rain, a little rain was coming, he could smell it almost as well as a greater warrior would scent prey. It wasn’t a heavy rain, he could tell, but it was a light, cleansing summer rain, the kind that Roosterflame enjoyed sitting in.

[pspsps, make sure to mention or quote me <3]

Rainhound gave an awkward nod of her head, shifting her paws. For a moment, she found her rainy blue eyes landing on the mouse, but she quickly looked away. You aren’t even hungry... or are you? She was about to ask Roosterflame if she “may” dismiss herself to go hunting too when he offered to share the prey. Well - she’d certainly be grateful for that.
“If you’re sure...” she started. “I would love to share a mouse.”
Her whiskers twitched as he mentioned the name. Yeah... Rainhound. She still wasn’t sure about that suffix. Had Cinderstar purposefully given her the name, because of Houndspirit, or was that purely coincidental? She hoped the latter was the correct answer. How would she bear, being named after her dead... friend? Or maybe, just maybe, more than that?
Rainhound was new to all this love stuff. She wasn’t going to believe anything that wasn’t true.
______

“Wasn’t it your idea to send a patrol of cats to the Firefly Cove, Cindersky?” Rainpaw muttered, looking at the warrior. “It came with a price! Now Houndpaw is dead, she won’t ever come back! Why did you want us to fight? For us to have more enemies? How clever of you! Houndpaw is dead because of this! And Wildspark! You’re not even mourning for them! Bowing your head means nothing.”
______

Rainhound still found herself wincing at the memory, and she shifted those thoughts aside. Never again would she yell at Cindersky...STAR, actually.
“Yep, I’m Rainhound,” she replied, assuming her usual loose tone. “Well... thank you. I do find the rain quite nice, too, although I believe I was named for my eye colour. And you’re... Roosterflame, if I recall correctly?”
She didn’t recall seeing a rooster, but she had heard that they were pretty and majestic.
“I like your name, too. Roosters seem cool, and ‘flame’ is quite powerful. Have you ever seen a rooster?” the newly appointed warrior inquired, tilting her head. She’d almost forgotten about the mouse.

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old June 2nd, 2022, 10:11 AM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

Bump Policy: Every three days.
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
[pspsps, make sure to mention or quote me <3]

Rainhound gave an awkward nod of her head, shifting her paws. For a moment, she found her rainy blue eyes landing on the mouse, but she quickly looked away. You aren’t even hungry... or are you? She was about to ask Roosterflame if she “may” dismiss herself to go hunting too when he offered to share the prey. Well - she’d certainly be grateful for that.
“If you’re sure...” she started. “I would love to share a mouse.”
Her whiskers twitched as he mentioned the name. Yeah... Rainhound. She still wasn’t sure about that suffix. Had Cinderstar purposefully given her the name, because of Houndspirit, or was that purely coincidental? She hoped the latter was the correct answer. How would she bear, being named after her dead... friend? Or maybe, just maybe, more than that?
Rainhound was new to all this love stuff. She wasn’t going to believe anything that wasn’t true.
______

“Wasn’t it your idea to send a patrol of cats to the Firefly Cove, Cindersky?” Rainpaw muttered, looking at the warrior. “It came with a price! Now Houndpaw is dead, she won’t ever come back! Why did you want us to fight? For us to have more enemies? How clever of you! Houndpaw is dead because of this! And Wildspark! You’re not even mourning for them! Bowing your head means nothing.”
______

Rainhound still found herself wincing at the memory, and she shifted those thoughts aside. Never again would she yell at Cindersky...STAR, actually.
“Yep, I’m Rainhound,” she replied, assuming her usual loose tone. “Well... thank you. I do find the rain quite nice, too, although I believe I was named for my eye colour. And you’re... Roosterflame, if I recall correctly?”
She didn’t recall seeing a rooster, but she had heard that they were pretty and majestic.
“I like your name, too. Roosters seem cool, and ‘flame’ is quite powerful. Have you ever seen a rooster?” the newly appointed warrior inquired, tilting her head. She’d almost forgotten about the mouse.

(Sorry, my dumbass forgot.)
Roosterflame
He/Him

__
Roosterflame sat down next to Rainhound and took another bite of the mouse, smiling as she agreed to share it with him.
Swallowing, Roosterflame replied,
“Named for your eyes, hm? Well, they certainly are very pretty, so it makes sense,” He looked up and sniffed the air again, “A light rain’s coming,” He remarked.
He let one of his paws drop into the running water, which was cool and refreshing. Retracting his paw, Roosterflame nodded,
“Yup, Roosterflame’s the name!”
He chuckled at her curiosity, he always loved sharing what his life on the farm had been like,
“Roosters are very cool. I do like to think that ‘flame’ is powerful, though I think it’s short for flamboyant,” He joked, winking at her, “There used to be this one, really large rooster at the farm I lived at. We called him Solomon, as he had such a commanding presence about the barn that it only seemed right to give him a name. He was a gorgeous bird, but if you were within six feet of that bugger he’d go after you, feathers fluffed out and his beak open, it was a comical yet dangerous position to find yourself in,” He laughed softly, “A couple times he would have got me had it not been for my Papa, Hay, or my Mama, Ace getting in his way. Otherwise, Solomon was a cool dude, long as you stayed far enough away from him and the hens.”
Old June 3rd, 2022, 01:05 AM
Indefinite Hiatus

My Mood: Talented

~Moosecrash | @zenosaurus~

Picking up the clump of flowers in his jaws, the large tom turned to where he had last seen Brightpath. Sure enough, there they sat, waiting for him. Giving a wave of his plumy tail, he turned in the direction of camp and broke into a brisk trot. Time to see how the other patrols had done.
~Shadowclan~ Spiritfire ~

I apologize for any delay in my replies, I work nightshift at the hospital.
Posting Schedule: Mon-RC | Tues-ThC | Thurs-WC | Fri-ShC

Want more info on my characters? Check here!
Old June 3rd, 2022, 01:24 AM

Arrow Re: Sunkissed Creek

Littleleap swished her paw in the water making a ripple aligned with mud that slowly faded into the crystal Blue Water. She swished her paw in the water until it was soaking wet then she placed it on top of her head trying to get some of the mud off, but instead of getting the mud off it just made a big glob of cold water that trickled down her back making her muscles tense and her back fur stand up a little.

[open if anyone wants to roleplay]
Old June 3rd, 2022, 04:24 AM
;-;

My Mood: Confused

Daisyfur started going to the creek often,she enjoys the peace she finds there

Daisyfur decided to step in the creak,the warrior saw a few fish swim away. She didn't want to get too wet so she just stepped 2 paws in

The green eyed she cat saw a few other cats at the creak,a fish swam by her paws
Brave one little fish,she thought
She clawed the fish and killed it,daisyfur grabbed the fish and put it on the ground to eat it
Old June 3rd, 2022, 08:42 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

ThunderClan Re: Sunkissed Creek

Brightpath | they/she/he
➢Sitting there with the bundle of daisies, it wasn’t long before the other warrior returned to them. The two of them shared a glance and then Moosecrash gestured for Brightpath to follow him back home. The lean calico feline nodded briskly and jumped to her paws, padding after him with her tail swishing along behind her. This patrol was nice. It was quick and easy, thankfully. Hopefully, all the patrols the young tortie would be on could be like this. He pondered what to do when they got back to camp. Hm. Maybe Cloudyflight would be around and they could talk.

{ @RiztheHuntress }
Old June 3rd, 2022, 10:46 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon669 View Post
Littleleap swished her paw in the water making a ripple aligned with mud that slowly faded into the crystal Blue Water. She swished her paw in the water until it was soaking wet then she placed it on top of her head trying to get some of the mud off, but instead of getting the mud off it just made a big glob of cold water that trickled down her back making her muscles tense and her back fur stand up a little.

[open if anyone wants to roleplay]

thunderblaze was walking around and decided to go here, he lowered himself right next to littleleap unaware he is next to her, he began to drink the water peacefully with a smile on his face" hello littleleap" he says softly" im thunderblaze" he says introducing nicely, he lifted his head out of the water and looked at littleleap with a smile

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old June 3rd, 2022, 12:15 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

[ @Willowfern ]

Rainhound's ears twitched as Roosterflame spoke and she listened attentively. Hm. Rain was coming? She didn't mind; the raindrops always brought comfort over her. Cool pearls of water drizzling onto her grey fur seemed to momentarily wash away the grief, pain and scars. "I don't think my eyes are pretty, but thank you," she replied awkwardly, unsure how to handle a compliment. "Well... rain doesn't... bother me. But if you'd like to head home, we can." Maybe he was hinting to that. Honestly though, Rainhound didn't care if they stayed or if they left. The only reason she was here was to escape the crowded camp. It always felt like there were a million voices talking ontop of each other, and she simply needed a break. Break time might be over.

"Flamboyant, you say?" she replied with a chuckle, flicking her tail. Usually she was not much of a jokester, but maybe this could cheer her up just a little. Her moody nature was getting more and more tiring even to her, but her sudden outbursts were very often uncontrolable. "Well, to some you might be a candidate for that word." She returned the wink, but knew she definitely wasn't flirting. Houndspirit. The name popped up in her thoughts as soon as she considered any "relationship", but she kept that to herself. Oh, now he was talking about a rooster? She shifted her head to the side, genuinly interested in what he had to say.

"I didn't know roosters are aggressive," she replied lightly. "At least you aren't. Solomon sounds rather interesting." Rainhound was not sure if she'd expected him to be born in ThunderClan or not, but... he deserved his place in ThunderClan. Hopefully at least? From what she had seen he was active enough and loyal.

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; June 3rd, 2022 at 12:17 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2022, 12:35 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

Bump Policy: Every three days.
My Mood: Devilish

Roosterflame
He/Him

__
“Well, you should,” Roosterflame said seriously, “Everyone has their own beauty, y’know? I for one wasn’t too proud of my ‘rooster comb’ when I was little, but I’ve grown to have pride in the fact that I stand out from the rest.”
He snickered at her rain comment, “Oh, I love the rain, Rainhound. It’s so fun to sit and dance in it. I really don’t mind water at all, I consider it nice.”
He stared into the creek, seeing his own warped reflection in the rushing water and giving a half-grin,
“Why, thank you for that. I consider that the highest of compliments,” He quirked a brow, smiling at her. Rainhound was really friendly, Roosterflame concluded, and she was certainly going to be a good friend in the future, he had a hunch. And his hunches were usually highly accurate.
“Solomon was certainly something else, yeah. I kind of miss that old bird… but not enough to go looking for him again, of course!” He laughed shortly, letting his paw drop into the water again.
”Hm. Not too cold,” He muttered, looking down into the depths of the creek. Out loud he said, “Okay, give me one second, Rainhound, I’m going to do something real quick.”
That said, he rolled off the bank and into the water, instantly getting submerged to chin height, as he’d rolled into the middle, where it was deepest. He then struck out, swimming with surprisingly good form towards the opposite bank, his head dipping in and out of the water as he did so. When he reached his destination, he found what he’d been looking for, a small patch of marigold, and a couple of poppies nearby. He grabbed three stems of marigold and the two poppies before turning back around and swimming back to Rainhound on the bank.
Pulling himself out of the water, Roosterflame dropped the herbs onto the ground in front of him and shook himself out a little bit, careful not to soak his lunch companion.
“Sorry about that seemingly random swim I went on, Rainhound,” He said to her, brushing his now wet and floppy fur tuft out of his eyes and arraying the herbs into a little bundle so they’d be easier to carry later, “I just thought that while I was here I could get some herbs for Sundust and Rosepaw, and I saw a few over there, so I figured, ‘Hey, why not grab those while you’re thinking about it’. So I did.”
[ @starry ]

Last edited by Willowfern; June 3rd, 2022 at 12:55 PM.