Last post by Astraea
Today 08:45 AM

Old April 4th, 2024, 12:31 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

minkpaw stumbled out from behind some thin grass at the edge of the clearing at the sound of commotion coming from around the medicine den, there weren't many injured cats around at the moment and most of them kept to themselves so loud voices were something that made minkpaw look up from the ground, carefully scratched shapes in front of her where she had quietly recited the herbs she knew.
she hadnt even reached the other cats when the heavy metallic scent of blood hit her, followed almost immediatly by marigoldleap calling out for her, how had she missed a injured cat being dragged through camp? she had sat in a corner, hidden from easy view by most cats in the clearing but she wasnt deaf after all..
but there was no time to question how she had missed the cats, multible warriors at that, moving a heavily injured fadingsun until they were almost in the den, because marigoldleap had told her to go look for goldenrod.
"on my way!"
she was pretty sure she had seen goldenrod before and knew where to find it so she promptly turned on her heel, white tipped paws disturbing the thin layer of dust that coated the ground and ran out of camp, no second thoughts about leaving alone or the warrior that was supposed to go with her. the only thought echoing in her head was that marigoldleap was counting on her and a persistent reminder of the consequences of her failure.
any questions of how fadingsun mightve gotten injured, had she detected a faint smell of outsider, almost entirely drowned out by the distinct metallic tang she had come to grow familiar with- or had the heat of the moment jumble and distort her memory- memory of a tiny aspect of a situation, caught in an ungarded moment and unprepared to take in every detail she could.
none of that mattered as surrounding bushes and trees passed in a flurry, cold early newleaf wind still harsh and biting. the warrior possible behind her as she skid to a stop a few steps ahead of the familiar plant, just as she had remembered.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store

Last edited by alec; April 4th, 2024 at 12:31 AM.
Old April 4th, 2024, 05:35 AM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
minkpaw stumbled out from behind some thin grass at the edge of the clearing at the sound of commotion coming from around the medicine den, there weren't many injured cats around at the moment and most of them kept to themselves so loud voices were something that made minkpaw look up from the ground, carefully scratched shapes in front of her where she had quietly recited the herbs she knew.
she hadnt even reached the other cats when the heavy metallic scent of blood hit her, followed almost immediatly by marigoldleap calling out for her, how had she missed a injured cat being dragged through camp? she had sat in a corner, hidden from easy view by most cats in the clearing but she wasnt deaf after all..
but there was no time to question how she had missed the cats, multible warriors at that, moving a heavily injured fadingsun until they were almost in the den, because marigoldleap had told her to go look for goldenrod.
"on my way!"
she was pretty sure she had seen goldenrod before and knew where to find it so she promptly turned on her heel, white tipped paws disturbing the thin layer of dust that coated the ground and ran out of camp, no second thoughts about leaving alone or the warrior that was supposed to go with her. the only thought echoing in her head was that marigoldleap was counting on her and a persistent reminder of the consequences of her failure.
any questions of how fadingsun mightve gotten injured, had she detected a faint smell of outsider, almost entirely drowned out by the distinct metallic tang she had come to grow familiar with- or had the heat of the moment jumble and distort her memory- memory of a tiny aspect of a situation, caught in an ungarded moment and unprepared to take in every detail she could.
none of that mattered as surrounding bushes and trees passed in a flurry, cold early newleaf wind still harsh and biting. the warrior possible behind her as she skid to a stop a few steps ahead of the familiar plant, just as she had remembered.

[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC
"No one knows how far I'll go."

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

The pale warrior lifted her head in alarm. Huh? Trotting a bit closer to the medicine cat den, she could now hear Marigoldleap clearly. Goldenrod... Tall with yellow flowers. Swanberry stared as she ran the description in her head, but apparently, she didn't need to. Minkpaw already raced past her and Swanberry had to fumble to her paws to keep up.

Twisting and skidding through trees, she finally caught up with the apprentice who had stoped abruptly. She let out a yelp as she nearly toppled over the smaller cat. She had to rake her claws into the ground to keep from falling.

She leaned down to look at whatever had interested Minkpaw so much. But she really didn't need to think very hard to know that Minkpaw only stopped because she saw goldenrod. It seemed to match the description almost to a tee.

"Well, looks like you found it," Swanberry observed as she pulled leaves out of her pelt. "And pretty fast too."

Tags:
@Dolomedes
@Madelaine
@taillow

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!

Last edited by Marigoldwhisper; April 4th, 2024 at 05:35 AM.
Old April 4th, 2024, 02:45 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

The pale warrior lifted her head in alarm. Huh? Trotting a bit closer to the medicine cat den, she could now hear Marigoldleap clearly. Goldenrod... Tall with yellow flowers. Swanberry stared as she ran the description in her head, but apparently, she didn't need to. Minkpaw already raced past her and Swanberry had to fumble to her paws to keep up.

Twisting and skidding through trees, she finally caught up with the apprentice who had stoped abruptly. She let out a yelp as she nearly toppled over the smaller cat. She had to rake her claws into the ground to keep from falling.

She leaned down to look at whatever had interested Minkpaw so much. But she really didn't need to think very hard to know that Minkpaw only stopped because she saw goldenrod. It seemed to match the description almost to a tee.

"Well, looks like you found it," Swanberry observed as she pulled leaves out of her pelt. "And pretty fast too."

Tags:
@Dolomedes
@Madelaine
@taillow

minkpaw snorted "yeah cuz i knew what i was looking for" she responded rather harshy though with a distance that revealed her mind was somewhere else entirely, while carefully picking some of the goldenrod. the warrior was lucky she only almost crashed right into her, had she not stopped in time this bushel of goldenrod wouldve been smashed beyond use by their combined weight.
(rolled 8x for goldenrod; 12, 17, 18, 11, 14, 15, 13, 13)
"get useful, there is quite a bit here but be careful anyway" minkpaw instructed, shifting the goldenrod she had already picked to make space for swanberry. she felt bad about the tone of her voice for just a moment before letting the thought fade away in pursuit of the end goal; get back with goldenrod and as fast as possible.
striped tail flicking in impatience she stepped from paw to paw, goldenrod already secure in her paw and only awaiting swanberry to get done picking some. screw it.
"im gonna go ahead" minkpaw informed the warrior before turning to return to camp, this time slower purely because the goldenrod she was carrying didnt allow her to run without destroying some of it in return.
alone, perhaps swanberry was behind her, maybe not, irrelevant as anything, minkpaw stepped back into the clearing.

(last post from me for now cuz i wanna give the cats in the med den a chance to do anything haha)

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; April 11th, 2024 at 12:48 AM. Reason: fixed format
Old April 4th, 2024, 03:09 PM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Status: ♢You Dart across the floor♢ Try not to lose your head♢
Bump Policy: Unless I say otherwise, two days.
My Mood: Amused

TW: Sickness.

Goldfish wasn't in the mood to come, sick, into the medicine den. Marigoldleap, Minkpaw, and Cobwebpaw ought to be busy with healing, but this morning her morning sickness seemed worse than usual. Since she'd been putting it off, Goldfish had stoutly given in and decided to mosey her way on over to the medicine den- or stagger, rather.

She was tired as heck, didn't want to bother anyone, and Starclan her stomach hurt! Not like she would hurl, but... different. Dozens of weird and frankly disturbing scenarios flitted through her head as she stumbled her way over. This wasn't how she planned on spending such a pretty morning. Quite the opposite, in fact. The weather was nice and she'd wanted to go hunting. Her daily morning sickness had put quite the indentation in her plans for the past... too long. Many, many, many days. It was torture, laying in her nest feeling awful all morning long. She wanted to go on her runs and hunting trips like usual, not... this!

With a grunt, Goldfish purred in a way that would make her listeners probably flinch at how forced it sounded. Heya. Hope I'm- She staggered and forced herself to sit. Her stomach was ruthless this morning. -No!- Bother. Just having quite the... difficult case of Morning Sickness, unfortunately. Wanted to go hunting this morning. Out of all the frightening scenarios, one that never crossed her mind- or rather, she forced out of her mind- was kits. She didn't want to lay in the nursery. She wouldn't be able to bear It. not to mention how awkward she was around them. She shuddered- at the long, tight pain before laying down again. One thing was for certain.
Morning.
Sickness.
Sucked.

"Prepare for the horrors
This night will keep repeating over and over
And over
Until you make it to the end"

The cats are waiting for their toys impatiently

Last edited by zBlaze; April 5th, 2024 at 05:43 AM.
Old April 4th, 2024, 04:03 PM
revenge is a fools game

cw: nausea/sickness

minkpaw slowly made her way back into the center of the den, having just meticulously organised the herbs into small piles, before something had told her she ought to check whats going on, perhaps a injured cat? or one of the stay in patients had gotten worse?
but it wasnt either of these things, minkpaw stepped paw into the largest space in the medicine den and was promptly hit with a smell she could easily point out amongst others but wasnt entirely sure what it meant, whatever it was, it clung heavily to goldfish who had just staggered into the den.
"oh goldfish! come let me help you" she yelped and rushed over to let goldfish lean against her until they had shuffled their way to the nearest empty nest.
"morning sickness?" she spoke her thoughts aloud, suddenly realising what the scent clinging to goldfish had been, "when did this start? do you want something for the nausea?" the apprentice questioned, mentally already halfway to the herb storage to fetch some chervil but remained, for now, stood in front of her friend, tense in anticipation and concern. not only was goldfish obviously pregnant but minkpaw was able to pick up the creeping smell of fear.

_______

jayfrost had been dozing, like far too many times in the recent past, minkpaw wanted to keep him in the med den, apparently they had enough space to keep cats they wanted to keep under observation in the den. he didnt particularly care where he was supposed to stay, the main issue was staying in camp either way. goldfish arrival and the quick shuffle of paws of on hard ground made him lift his head, squinting bleary eyed at the two mollys and before his mind really caught up with what was happening he was on his paws, three of them at least, and halfway to goldfish already.
"whats wrong?" he spoke, or more so croaked after not using his voice for long, and crouched down by goldfish head to touch his nose to her cheek comfortingly.

━━━━━━━━
Old April 4th, 2024, 04:16 PM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Quote:
cw: nausea/sickness

minkpaw slowly made her way back into the center of the den, having just meticulously organised the herbs into small piles, before something had told her she ought to check whats going on, perhaps a injured cat? or one of the stay in patients had gotten worse?
but it wasnt either of these things, minkpaw stepped paw into the largest space in the medicine den and was promptly hit with a smell she could easily point out amongst others but wasnt entirely sure what it meant, whatever it was, it clung heavily to goldfish who had just staggered into the den.
"oh goldfish! come let me help you" she yelped and rushed over to let goldfish lean against her until they had shuffled their way to the nearest empty nest.
"morning sickness?" she spoke her thoughts aloud, suddenly realising what the scent clinging to goldfish had been, "when did this start? do you want something for the nausea?" the apprentice questioned, mentally already halfway to the herb storage to fetch some chervil but remained, for now, stood in front of her friend, tense in anticipation and concern. not only was goldfish obviously pregnant but minkpaw was able to pick up the creeping smell of fear.

_______

jayfrost had been dozing, like far too many times in the recent past, minkpaw wanted to keep him in the med den, apparently they had enough space to keep cats they wanted to keep under observation in the den. he didnt particularly care where he was supposed to stay, the main issue was staying in camp either way. goldfish arrival and the quick shuffle of paws of on hard ground made him lift his head, squinting bleary eyed at the two mollys and before his mind really caught up with what was happening he was on his paws, three of them at least, and halfway to goldfish already.
"whats wrong?" he spoke, or more so croaked after not using his voice for long, and crouched down by goldfish head to touch his nose to her cheek comfortingly.

TW: Sickness.

She was touched and slightly embarrassed from the attention her friends were giving her. That didn't last long, though, when a wave of nausea swept over her for a brief moment, then was gone. She gave in and allowed Minkpaw to guide her toward a nest. Goldfish basically collapsed inside of it, taking a deep, shuddering breath that racked her body.

Thank you... Minkpaw. It started... around half a moon ago. It's been get... getting progressively worse recently. Been struggling a bit, as you can probably see. She couldn't suppress a grin at her stupid, obvious statement. She smiled at Jayfrost at the comforting gesture. She couldn't help but notice the raspyness of his voice, but simply replied, Bad... morning sickness. This- morning. She cut her own words off when she shuffled into a more comfortable position.

For a brief moment she thought of Pepperbounce. He was probably hunting. Or sleeping. Or socializing. What about Spotty? Sleeping. Hunting. Socializing. She cringed at the thought of everyone hunting without her. She needed to help... feed the clan!

No, no, she knew how stupid she was being. Goldfish accepted the fact and attempted to relax her muscles. It worked a bit, but her black pupils were thin slits and her claws twitched with the need to unsheath. She ignored it.

"Prepare for the horrors
And over

Old April 4th, 2024, 04:35 PM
♡ Pixie ♡

Bump Policy: ✩1 week / 48 hrs if Time-limited✩
My Mood: Sad

II She/Her II 24 Moons II RiverClan Warrior II
[ Herbal Knowledge T1 ● The Collector ]
29/50

The female warrior was looking for her sister. Spottedstream left her nest early to go out and enjoy the tranquil morning, and she had no idea where goldie was. When the molly got to the medicine den, she let the smell of herbs flood her nose. She had dreams to stay in this den as a Medicine Cat, but that was not important right now. She spotted her sister's familiar pelt. The bengal trotted over to meet her sibling, purring. "Goldie! I was looking all over for you! Are you okay? Whats wrong? Does anything hurt," she said, fretting over Goldfish. She had help raise her sister after the abuse of their mother, Cormorantcrash. Normally, Spottedstream would react calmly. But her sister in the medicine den? HER SISTER. Countless bad scenarios flashed in Spottedstream's head, but she pushed them back. The silver molly laid down next to her sister, attempting to groom her fur if she let her.

[ @blxze. - THE SISTERSSS @alec ]

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Pocket Full Of Purrkies
Old April 4th, 2024, 04:45 PM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post

II She/Her II 24 Moons II RiverClan Warrior II
[ Herbal Knowledge T1 ● The Collector ]
29/50

The female warrior was looking for her sister. Spottedstream left her nest early to go out and enjoy the tranquil morning, and she had no idea where goldie was. When the molly got to the medicine den, she let the smell of herbs flood her nose. She had dreams to stay in this den as a Medicine Cat, but that was not important right now. She spotted her sister's familiar pelt. The bengal trotted over to meet her sibling, purring. "Goldie! I was looking all over for you! Are you okay? Whats wrong? Does anything hurt," she said, fretting over Goldfish. She had help raise her sister after the abuse of their mother, Cormorantcrash. Normally, Spottedstream would react calmly. But her sister in the medicine den? HER SISTER. Countless bad scenarios flashed in Spottedstream's head, but she pushed them back. The silver molly laid down next to her sister, attempting to groom her fur if she let her.

[ @blxze. - THE SISTERSSS @alec ]

Oh, Starclan. If she didn't already feel awkward from the attention and worry encircling her, Spotty came into the den and began fretting. She was glad- relieved, actually- that Spottedstream had come to see her. She missed hanging out with her. Goldfish licked her sister in the friendliest of manners, before another wave of pain sent her tensing up all over again. She bit back a hiss as a jab hit her in the stomach, then exhaled slightly. She felt cramped for a moment, and the thought of everyone so anxiously surrounding her made her cringe really, really hard.

She was touched they cared about her, but the hovering made her itch a bit from discomfort. There were more- HOLY CRAP- important things to do then hover over a keening warrior. But her morning sickness was awful, so she allowed the hovering for a moment longer before gently nudging her sister away, grunting, Just some... morning sick--NESS. I'm alright, Spotty. I need.. breathing room for a... minute. To... collect myself.

The stuffiness of the den was making her nauseous and slightly dizzy, with no help from the scent of herbs. I don't know why... know why I feel so surprised this place is stinking to the brim-- with herbs. she snorted, with a sheepish smile on her face. No need for bad humor.

"Prepare for the horrors
And over

Old April 4th, 2024, 05:11 PM
revenge is a fools game

still cw nausea/sickness

minkpaw frowned, "why didnt you come around earlier?" the apprentice enquired tentatively, nervously eyeing her dear friends form, she did look kind of pregnant though..how had minkpaw just glanced over it in the last, what was it, half moon!
"i'll be right back 'promise" she excused herself, hurrying into the herb storage to see how she could help. they knew chervil was good for kitting but couldnt remember if it helped with nausea in general, well, there was only one way to find out and minkpaw didnt necessarily feel like there was a reason why it couldnt help with general nausea. perhaps some lavender to calm her down aswell? should she alert marigoldleap- no, no minkpaw was sure she could handle this on her own and without unnecessarily disturbing the former medicine cat. especially now that she knew that and why marigoldleap didnt want to take on the position indefinitely.
without wasting any more of goldfishs valuable time minkpaw returned with the herbs, nudging jayfrost to the side to place the lavender by goldfish head before placing down the chervil and a leaf. "this tastes a bit gross but youll need to chew and shallow the juice..dont shallow the rest of it though" she instructed seriously, sank into a seated position and let her eyes wander over the three cats infront of her, goldfish, looking pregnant and unwell, jayfrost who seemed to have transformed into her personal walking nightmare broken leg and all, and spottedstream who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere and didnt bask in the best of lights, not for minkpaw at least.

______

jayfrost had shuffled to lay besides his friend, uninjured shoulder pressed to hers, the constant reminder of the panic he should be expecting to feel course through his body left him feeling on edge and hollow but goldfish presence and the general lack of cats he didnt know, apart from spottedstream, calmed him enough to not feel like he was going to explode.
he eyed the plants minkpaw placed in front of them suspiciously but decided to keep quiet anyway, shallow breaths transporting the floral smell the purple plant seemed to give off into his system and slowly replacing the tense hollow feeling that seemed to sick deep in his ribcage with a sort of floaty calm.

@blxze. @Bean

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; April 4th, 2024 at 05:21 PM.
Old April 4th, 2024, 05:31 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:

minkpaw snorted "yeah cuz i knew what i was looking for" she responded rather harshy though with a distance that revealed her mind was somewhere else entirely, while carefully picking some of the goldenrod. the warrior was lucky she only almost crashed right into her, had she not stopped in time this bushel of goldenrod wouldve been smashed beyond use by their combined weight.
(rolled 8x for goldenrod; 12, 17, 18, 11, 14, 15, 13, 13)
"get useful, there is quite a bit here but be careful anyway" minkpaw instructed, shifting the goldenrod she had already picked to make space for swanberry. she felt bad about the tone of her voice for just a moment before letting the thought fade away in pursuit of the end goal; get back with goldenrod and as fast as possible.
striped tail flicking in impatience she stepped from paw to paw, goldenrod already secure in her paw and only awaiting swanberry to get done picking some. screw it.
"im gonna go ahead" minkpaw informed the warrior before turning to return to camp, this time slower purely because the goldenrod she was carrying didnt allow her to run without destroying some of it in return.

(no other tags, next post will b returning to camp but i wanted to give you a chance for swanberry to do her thing haha)

[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Swanberry furrowed her eyebrows as she was left alone in the thick trees. Well, she did want to be useful, didn't she? This is exactly what she wanted, and though she was more prepared to fight than gather herbs, fate wasn't in her paws and listening was just something she'd have to do.

Alright, okay. What are my options, where should I look? Minkpaw hadn't exactly been specific with where exactly to find goldenrod, but Marigoldleap wasn't either. It couldn't be too hard, especially if Minkpaw could find it so easily.

Keeping her tail high to avoid messing up or damaging potential herbs, she began padding slowly, her green eyes trained on the very uninteresting ground. She could've sworn she'd seen yellow flowers a few times, but they weren't tall and a bit more like daisies. Even if they weren't herbs, they were pretty. She'd just have to come back for them later, but certainly not now.

Then, after what felt like hours of searching, she found a few bundles. The yellow flowers on them bunched up kind of like pollen, at least that's what made them easier to define by her logic. She twisted her neck and crouched down as she carefully ripped the herb from the soil. She tested her ability and grabbed a few more jawfulls. She wanted all her time spent out here to be worth it. It would be a shame if she only came back with so much.

She glanced at the leftovers and suppressed a sigh. I'll come back for them later. Swanberry decided as she snaked her way through territory and smelt her way back to camp. It was kind of hard to be honest, trying to use her sense of smell when what she mostly smelt was flowers.

Swanberry reentered the medicine cat den, her strawberry blonde head poking out into the entrance. She would've announced her arrival, but she had valuable herbs in her mouth, no way was she about to screw up now.

She wasn't sure were to drop the herbs, so she just sat near the entrance, waiting for instruction. She resisted the urge to bite down a bit harder on the bundles of goldenrod to keep her jaw from locking. It'd do her no good anyways. Plus, this wasn't about her, whatever the heck this herb was used for it was obviously important and if keeping it unaltered meant going through a strange level of discomfort then that's just how it would be.

Her jade gaze flicked over to the two she-cats that had entered the den while she was gone. She had seen them before, but never ever spoken to them. As much as she wanted to greet them, she was unable. But, she did flick her tail to the two of them.

Poor, poor, Goldfish. Hopefully she'll be okay.

Tags: @alec
@Bean
@blxze.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!