Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Site Assistance

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
‘Honey Skies Hiding...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 11:35 AM
Ready to devour all your...
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:35 AM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by Fernwillow
Today 11:34 AM
Family Gathering
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:30 AM
✩Star's Ref Sheet World✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:23 AM
Closed Thread

Old January 16th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Removed threads

I have asked about this multiple times and my questions were not answered so my last resort is to come here.

I have made I don't know how many threads and they were all removed without warning or being told why.

The first thread I made was a finder and that was removed however I was told it was because of the unapproved faction. I then remade it and put a more appropriate faction and still it was removed.

I have made about 3 or 4 threads in the outskirts now for my former DS cats to live in and they were all removed (my most recent one was removed I think just yesterday or today)

Somewhere there was a thread called Fleck's syndicate I think and of course that was probably removed for the same reason mini syndicate was...

The first one was called the mini syndicate. I was told because I referred to it as a faction or something like that that it was removed. Okay...
So then I think it was last of the old, first of the new which was also taken down but I was never told why and now my new thread A new home (I think it was called) was removed.

I don't understand! Sure, they're all related to the syndicate disbanding but I don't see why it's so bad.

Many people have made threads for their syndicate cats and were making faction like threads which went unnoticed an weren't removed (don't know about them now but at the time when I found them)

I also think it's unfair because I put time and effort into RPing in those threads and there were things in those threads I needed to refer to for future RPs but now I can't remember because it has been removed. I am really upset about please I would really like a good reason/answer for why this is happening to me.

Last edited by NightWarrior4Life; January 16th, 2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old January 16th, 2018, 01:33 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Removed threads

All of your threads were removed because they were factions. They either exceeded seven cats maximum or were made to replace the Dusk Syndicate ("Mini Syndicate, "Fleck's Syndicate"), etc.

Refer to this for the basic requirements:
Quote:
For those interested in having a group within the guidelines, it's rather simple. Your group can have no more than seven cats total, can not have a name or be called a Clan/Tribe/Syndicate, etc, and can not have any authority figures or ranks. It is recommended the group consists of acquaintances, family, or friends, but is not required.
I'm not sure what other threads you're referring to, but if you see something you think is outside the guidelines, why don't you report it?. The staff tries to do our best in catching stuff but we can't see everything and it doesn't do anyone good to argue "other people are doing it, why can't I" when you have the ability to report the offending thread(s) so we can review what's going on.

wolfhive
Old January 17th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad King View Post
All of your threads were removed because they were factions. They either exceeded seven cats maximum or were made to replace the Dusk Syndicate ("Mini Syndicate, "Fleck's Syndicate"), etc.

Refer to this for the basic requirements:

I'm not sure what other threads you're referring to, but if you see something you think is outside the guidelines, why don't you report it?. The staff tries to do our best in catching stuff but we can't see everything and it doesn't do anyone good to argue "other people are doing it, why can't I" when you have the ability to report the offending thread(s) so we can review what's going on.
Okay I get why the first two were removed (cause of the names)

But my newer threads don't break any of those rules
I counted and they have less than 7 cats (5 or 6 I think there are) I can change this though. I'm planning on killing off one, moving out one and if you mean that all the other rogues/loners I have let live there count as over 7 then I'll stop taking them in too...
They're all family
And now there is no name or ranks...

So I'm really confused

If I were to report all the threads I see then I would just have to report every single thread in the outskirts because my threads have been removed when there is nothing wrong with them so I may as well report everyone else's DS threads even though there is nothing wrong with them...then it's fair right? (Sarcasm on the rhetorical question)

Also I think report is a bit of a misunderstood word...
I always think of reporting something if it is completely inappropriate, not if it's 1 little thing and, I feel bad doing it. I don't wanna get people banned. I don't like recovering messages saying I've done something wrong and I don't think other users do either.

But the amount of times I've got messages about backseat moderation is ridiculous...I hate how it's even a thing...why can't people who aren't moderators try and help? I think it's kind of favouring users who have earned higher ranks and is unfair to normal users...I dunno just my thoughts in the way of the moment...Ignore this if you want...

Last edited by NightWarrior4Life; January 17th, 2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old January 17th, 2018, 12:43 PM
work is never done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Okay I get why the first two were removed (cause of the names)

But my newer threads don't break any of those rules
I counted and they have less than 7 cats (5 or 6 I think there are) I can change this though. I'm planning on killing off one, moving out one and if you mean that all the other rogues/loners I have let live there count as over 7 then I'll stop taking them in too...
They're all family
And now there is no name or ranks...

So I'm really confused

If I were to report all the threads I see then I would just have to report every single thread in the outskirts because my threads have been removed when there is nothing wrong with them so I may as well report everyone else's DS threads even though there is nothing wrong with them...then it's fair right? (Sarcasm on the rhetorical question)

Also I think report is a bit of a misunderstood word...
I always think of reporting something if it is completely inappropriate, not if it's 1 little thing and, I feel bad doing it. I don't wanna get people banned. I don't like recovering messages saying I've done something wrong and I don't think other users do either.

But the amount of times I've got messages about backseat moderation is ridiculous...I hate how it's even a thing...why can't people who aren't moderators try and help? I think it's kind of favouring users who have earned higher ranks and is unfair to normal users...I dunno just my thoughts in the way of the moment...Ignore this if you want...
Your latest thread had at least ten cats. Most of which were yours. I can take a glance at your other threads if you'd like.

You won't get in trouble for reporting. Other users won't get in trouble if there's nothing wrong with what was reported. We rarely ban users unless they've done something serious or refuse to cooperate (amount of bans this past year? Less than 3). We don't stop people from helping users (hence Site Assistance), we stop them from telling them they're breaking the rules and to do x instead. More often than naught, users a) don't know the rules well enough to be telling others what they are, b) tell the user they're "correcting" the wrong thing because they don't know the rules, and they run the risk of c) a flame war because some users become defensive and turn it into a fight where everyone involved gets in trouble.

I'm not sure you can claim it's unfair ("everyone else is doing it") while you are simultaneously refusing to report them because you "don't want to get them in trouble over a small thing".

wolfhive

Last edited by BEAR.; January 17th, 2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old January 18th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Falling In

Quote:

Your latest thread had at least ten cats. Most of which were yours. I can take a glance at your other threads if you'd like.

You won't get in trouble for reporting. Other users won't get in trouble if there's nothing wrong with what was reported. We rarely ban users unless they've done something serious or refuse to cooperate (amount of bans this past year? Less than 3). We don't stop people from helping users (hence Site Assistance), we stop them from telling them they're breaking the rules and to do x instead. More often than naught, users a) don't know the rules well enough to be telling others what they are, b) tell the user they're "correcting" the wrong thing because they don't know the rules, and they run the risk of c) a flame war because some users become defensive and turn it into a fight where everyone involved gets in trouble.

I'm not sure you can claim it's unfair ("everyone else is doing it") while you are simultaneously refusing to report them because you "don't want to get them in trouble over a small thing".
I mean, I counted up my cats and there are like 5 or 6 of mine...but I suppose you mean the rogues that I interacted with...that won't happen again...I will try very hard not to exceed 7 cats...

But how come every time, you get a message about backseat moderating encouraging you to not moderate other people.

I'm just confused because I didn't/don't see anything wrong with my threads yet they were taken down so surely if there are other threads that did the same thing I did/did nothing wrong she also be reported? I'm just not treating others the way I wouldn't want to be treated...If you don't mind me then, I'm gonna go ahead and report a bunch of things...thanks for your input...
Old January 18th, 2018, 11:27 AM
work is never done

Quote:
I mean, I counted up my cats and there are like 5 or 6 of mine...but I suppose you mean the rogues that I interacted with...that won't happen again...I will try very hard not to exceed 7 cats...

But how come every time, you get a message about backseat moderating encouraging you to not moderate other people.

I'm just confused because I didn't/don't see anything wrong with my threads yet they were taken down so surely if there are other threads that did the same thing I did/did nothing wrong she also be reported? I'm just not treating others the way I wouldn't want to be treated...If you don't mind me then, I'm gonna go ahead and report a bunch of things...thanks for your input...
I would suggest using less of your characters if you plan on having them be in a group. Even if you have six, that means only one other character can be involved in the thread -- anymore and it goes over the limit.

It's not your job to moderate other people. The message is asking you to refrain from contacting them yourself because it causes more issues than benefits anyone.

Like I've said, your threads have gone over the group limitations and were removed because of that. If you see a thread that seems to have over 7 cats, is called a faction, or has an authority figure, feel free to report it. In addition to that, if you see anything else that seems to violate the guidelines - this is anywhere from powerplaying / other roleplay violations to swearing - report that as well.

wolfhive
Old January 18th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Falling In

Quote:

I would suggest using less of your characters if you plan on having them be in a group. Even if you have six, that means only one other character can be involved in the thread -- anymore and it goes over the limit.

It's not your job to moderate other people. The message is asking you to refrain from contacting them yourself because it causes more issues than benefits anyone.

Like I've said, your threads have gone over the group limitations and were removed because of that. If you see a thread that seems to have over 7 cats, is called a faction, or has an authority figure, feel free to report it. In addition to that, if you see anything else that seems to violate the guidelines - this is anywhere from powerplaying / other roleplay violations to swearing - report that as well.
Okay thanks for clarifying I guess...

Did we agree that all the new removed threads were because they exceed 7 cats?
Old January 18th, 2018, 11:58 AM
work is never done

Quote:
Okay thanks for clarifying I guess...

Did we agree that all the new removed threads were because they exceed 7 cats?
Yes.

wolfhive
Closed Thread